|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609” – “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Munib's father hide the haggadah in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) In a Muslim cemetery.
(b) In a Jewish cemetery.
(c) In the floorboards of his home.
(d) In the library of the mosque.
2. In what area did Hanna earn her PhD?
(b) Ancient Near Eastern languages.
(c) Fine art conservation.
(d) American History.
3. What is the name of Stela's son?
4. In what language does Serif speak to Stela in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
5. What word in the novel refers to an elementary school run by Sephardic Jews?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the abbreviation K.u.K. stand for in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
2. How old was Father Giovanni Vistorini when he came to Venice?
3. What river is described in the opening of “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
4. What is "avodat ha kodesh" translated as in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
5. Who takes Lola to the National Museum in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)