|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492” (continued) – “A White Hair: Seville, 1480”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Zohar is associated with that sect of Judaism?
(b) Orthodox Judaism.
2. What are Hanna and Ozren doing in her dream in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) Walking on the beach.
(b) Making muffins.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Walking in the woods.
3. What pope had claimed, "I am pope everywhere except in Venice," according to the narrator in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
(a) Pope John XXIII.
(b) Pope Benedict XVI.
(c) Pope Gregory XIII.
(d) Pope Pius XI.
4. What is the name of David Ben Shoushan's brother?
5. What is the name of the bookbinder that Ruti becomes involved with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Lola to the National Museum in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
2. What word in the novel refers to an elementary school run by Sephardic Jews?
3. For how long has Raz been married in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
4. Who was the Jewish Rabbi that pressed the case for the Jews and had arranged the queen's secret marriage to Ferdinand, according to the narrator in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
5. What is the name of David Ben Shoushan's wife?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)