Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the FBI agent who visits Chee at the hospital, for how long has the FBI been looking into the killer?
2. According to the woman Chee finds, where is the final roustabout's body located?
3. What kind of car is the killer driving?
4. When Chee and Mary return to Huff's office, who do they learn has been trying to reach Chee?
5. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
There are several characters introduced in the story who do not survive the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what effect on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have - or should have - been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how the character of Jim Chee changes as the story progresses. Be sure to include your assessment of Chee's character when he is first introduced in the story, when Chee is summoned by B.J. Vines, when Chee figures out why the roustabouts are dying, and when Chee sits with the killer as the killer is dying. Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several different literary techniques as the story is told in regard to the story's flow. Describe the techniques of both flashbacks and foreshadowing. How are each of these techniques used in the story? Give specific examples of each technique. Why might the author have chosen to use both of these techniques in the story? Was the story enhanced by the use of these two techniques? Why or why not?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)