Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the FBI agent who visits Chee at the hospital, for how long has the FBI been looking into the killer?
2. According to the woman Chee finds, where is the final roustabout's body located?
3. What kind of car is the killer driving?
4. When Chee and Mary return to Huff's office, who do they learn has been trying to reach Chee?
5. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how the character of Jim Chee changes as the story progresses. Be sure to include your assessment of Chee's character when he is first introduced in the story, when Chee is summoned by B.J. Vines, when Chee figures out why the roustabouts are dying, and when Chee sits with the killer as the killer is dying. Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, there are several attempts made on Chee's life.
a. Identify at least three attempts on Chee's life. Describe the situation and how Chee escapes.
b. Compare and contrast the situations in which the attempts are made on Chee's life. What is the motivation in each of these situations to kill Chee?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the people interested in the outcome of Chee's investigation, especially once the oil well explosion figures prominently in his questions. Compare and contrast these people in terms of their motivations, ability to plan, ability to manipulate, and success achieved. How are they similar? How are they different? Did any one person end up influencing Chee more than the others? If so, who and why? Support your answer with examples from the story.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)