Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the FBI agent who visits Chee at the hospital, for how long has the FBI been looking into the killer?
2. According to the woman Chee finds, where is the final roustabout's body located?
3. What kind of car is the killer driving?
4. When Chee and Mary return to Huff's office, who do they learn has been trying to reach Chee?
5. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the course of the novel, Hopi and Navajo traditions abound. In fact, these traditions and rituals become a main reason behind the story's plot. Identify at least three different Hopi or Navajo traditions that affected the plot and the lives of the characters involved in the story. For each instance, describe the ritual, the characters involved, and the way Hopi or Navajo traditions affected the story's plot. How might the story have been different if these traditions had not been a part of the plot? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
One of the main themes is this novel involves honor.
a. Identify three characters that are honorable in their actions. For each character, describe an instance in which the character acted honorably.
b. Why do these characters try to be honorable?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful in their endeavors or would they have been more successful if they had not taken the honorable route? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The book is entitled People of Darkness. Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the struggles of the main character, and the determination of Jim Chee to set things right?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)