|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
2. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
(a) Through the newspaper.
(b) Through the nurses' station.
(c) Through Western Union.
(d) Through the gift shop.
3. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
(a) Lying makes people grin.
(b) Lying makes people shift their eyes.
(c) Lying makes people sweat.
(d) Lying makes people nervous.
4. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what does Chee explain to Mary?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His FBI opportunity.
(c) Indian lore.
(d) Vines' attitude.
5. What kind of car is the killer driving?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Chevrolet.
(c) A Buick.
(d) A Plymouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dine'estse-tle?
2. According to the conversation that takes place in Chee's hospital room, who believes that Dillon Charley is responsible for the oil well explosion?
3. After Chee has surgery to remove the bullet, who is in Chee's hospital room when he wakes up?
4. When Chee realizes that the killer is in the hospital, where does Chee hide?
5. When Chee has trouble sleeping and questions a nurse about what happens when a patient dies, what nickname does Chee give to the nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, why does he visit the area he goes to?
2. After Chee and Mary discover the dead body, why does Chee yell at Mary to run?
3. According to what Chee tells Mary, how does one become a Navajo witch?
4. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
5. What is the goal of the Navajo Way?
6. After reviewing the articles regarding the explosion at the library, what does Chee decide his next step should be?
7. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
8. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
9. As Chee and Mary leave the roundabout's sister, why does Mary ask Chee to explain what the sister had said?
10. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)