|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Chee has heard, who gave each of the roustabouts the same thing Chee finds in Emerson's clothing?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) Marcus Colby.
(d) B.J. Vines.
2. After Chee yells at Mary to run, what does Mary manage to get from the truck?
(a) Chee's shotgun.
(b) Chee's revolver.
(c) Chee's license.
(d) Chee's lunch.
3. According to the woman Chee finds, where is the final roustabout's body located?
(a) Behind the peyote church.
(b) In the malpais.
(c) In a remote canyon.
(d) Just beyond the town limits.
4. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, where does he first head after entering the building?
(a) The morgue.
(b) Chee's room.
(c) The parking garage.
(d) The doctors' lounge.
5. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
(a) Lying makes people nervous.
(b) Lying makes people sweat.
(c) Lying makes people grin.
(d) Lying makes people shift their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee realizes that the killer is in the hospital, where does Chee hide?
2. Where does Wolf initially go when he leaves town after shooting Chee?
3. Who is Sherman Huff?
4. What does Wolf need to pick up at the location to where he is ultimately headed?
5. When Chee and Mary return to Huff's office, who do they learn has been trying to reach Chee?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Chee and Mary find an article discussing the arrest of Dillon Charley in the days after the explosion, what is NOT mentioned?
2. What is so unusual about the men who were part of the roustabout crew, as well as the men in the Charley family?
3. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
4. Why does the Albuquerque police officer tell Chee to be careful as the cop is leaving Chee's hospital room?
5. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
6. According to the discussion Mary and Chee have after leaving the roustabout's sister, why does Chee initially believe that Emerson Charley's body disappeared?
7. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
8. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, what does he discover when he reaches the area he intended to visit?
9. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
10. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)