|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees the Wolf talking to the person Wolf is about to kill?
(a) Jim Chee.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Mary Landon.
(d) Gordo Sena.
2. According to the roustabout's sister-in-law, from what did Tsossie die?
(a) Corpse sickness.
(d) Liver failure.
3. What is Dine'estse-tle?
(a) The protector spirit of the heavens.
(b) The protector spirit of the underworld.
(c) The hunting spirit of the underworld.
(d) The hunting spirit of the heavens.
4. Who visits Chee after the Albuquerque police officer leaves Chee's hospital room?
(a) Agent Rogers.
(b) Agent Colby.
(c) Agent Jones.
(d) Agent Martin.
5. According to the roustabout's sister, who did the people believe was responsible for what happened to several of the roustabouts after the explosion?
(a) A prankster.
(b) A witch.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Emerson Charley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hospital room is Jim Chee in?
2. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what do Mary and Chee find?
3. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many roustabouts were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
4. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many people were originally believed to have died in the explosion?
5. When Chee and Mary return to Huff's office, who do they learn has been trying to reach Chee?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
2. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
3. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, why does he visit the area he goes to?
4. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
5. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
6. When Chee and Mary find an article discussing the arrest of Dillon Charley in the days after the explosion, what is NOT mentioned?
7. What is so unusual about the men who were part of the roustabout crew, as well as the men in the Charley family?
8. What does Chee find when he exits his hiding space after the killer has left?
9. After reviewing the articles regarding the explosion at the library, what does Chee decide his next step should be?
10. Why does the Albuquerque police officer tell Chee to be careful as the cop is leaving Chee's hospital room?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)