|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the person Chee and Mary visit, what is the case rate for leukemic diseases?
(a) 3 in 100,000.
(b) 5 in 20,000.
(c) 3 in 10,000.
(d) 5 in 50,000.
2. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, what does he do before entering the building?
(a) Removes several light bulbs.
(b) Parks behind the ambulance bay.
(c) Checks the parking lots.
(d) Steals a getaway car.
3. What is Dine'estse-tle?
(a) The protector spirit of the underworld.
(b) The protector spirit of the heavens.
(c) The hunting spirit of the heavens.
(d) The hunting spirit of the underworld.
4. Literally, what does "malpais" mean?
(a) Barren land.
(b) Flat land.
(c) Dry country.
(d) Bad country.
5. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the final roustabout's relative?
2. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
3. After Chee yells at Mary to run, what does Mary manage to get from the truck?
4. When Chee wakes up in his hospital room, what program is showing, albeit without the sound, on the television in Chee's hospital room?
5. When Chee realizes that the killer is in the hospital, where does Chee hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the goal of the Navajo Way?
2. As Chee and Mary leave the roundabout's sister, why does Mary ask Chee to explain what the sister had said?
3. After discovering the dead body on the way to where the missing box is supposed to be, how does Chee realize that the killer is still nearby?
4. After Chee and Mary discover the dead body, why does Chee yell at Mary to run?
5. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, what does he discover when he reaches the area he intended to visit?
6. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
7. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
8. After shooting Chee at the malpais, why does Wolf decide to go after both Chee and Mary?
9. According to the discussion Mary and Chee have after leaving the roustabout's sister, why does Chee initially believe that Emerson Charley's body disappeared?
10. When Chee learns that the final roustabout has died, why does Chee want to see the body?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)