|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
(a) Lying makes people nervous.
(b) Lying makes people grin.
(c) Lying makes people sweat.
(d) Lying makes people shift their eyes.
2. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
(a) Two miles per hour.
(b) Eight miles per hour.
(c) Ten miles per hour.
(d) Five miles per hour.
3. According to the FBI agent who visits Chee at the hospital, for how long has the FBI been looking into the killer?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Ten years.
4. When Chee has trouble sleeping, how does Chee get into the area he's trying to access?
(a) Through a wall hatch.
(b) Through the ceiling.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through the door.
5. When Wolf is leaving town after shooting Chee, where does he dump his car?
(a) At a mechanic's garage.
(b) At a mall.
(c) At the airport.
(d) In a parking garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolf need to pick up at the location to where he is ultimately headed?
2. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what does Chee explain to Mary?
3. What do Navajos typically carry in their leather pouches?
4. According to the conversation that takes place in Chee's hospital room, who believes that Dillon Charley is responsible for the oil well explosion?
5. As Wolf begins driving around Grant, what does he have with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
2. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
3. Why does the Albuquerque police officer tell Chee to be careful as the cop is leaving Chee's hospital room?
4. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
5. What does Chee find when he exits his hiding space after the killer has left?
6. After yelling at Mary to run, why does Chee turn and run in the opposite direction?
7. After Chee and Mary discover the dead body, why does Chee yell at Mary to run?
8. After discovering the dead body on the way to where the missing box is supposed to be, how does Chee realize that the killer is still nearby?
9. After shooting Chee at the malpais, why does Wolf decide to go after both Chee and Mary?
10. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)