|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee is released from the hospital, where is the first place he and Mary plan to go?
(a) The library.
(b) The quilt auction.
(c) The malpais.
(d) The tribal police station.
2. According to the FBI agent who visits Chee at the hospital, for how long has the FBI been looking into the killer?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
3. When Chee and Mary return to Huff's office, who do they learn has been trying to reach Chee?
(a) The Crownpoint office.
(b) The Grants office.
(c) Sena's office.
(d) The Checkers office.
4. When Chee has trouble sleeping, where does Chee go when he sneaks out of his hospital room?
(a) The gift shop.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The morgue.
(d) The doctors' lounge.
5. How does Wolf kill the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor?
(a) Wolf breaks the person's neck.
(b) Wolf stabs the person.
(c) Wolf shoots the person.
(d) Wolf strangles the person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car is the killer driving?
2. What does Wolf need to pick up at the location to where he is ultimately headed?
3. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
4. How old is Randolph Charley?
5. Who sees the Wolf talking to the person Wolf is about to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
2. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
3. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
4. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
5. What is so unusual about the men who were part of the roustabout crew, as well as the men in the Charley family?
6. When Chee and Mary find an article discussing the arrest of Dillon Charley in the days after the explosion, what is NOT mentioned?
7. Why does the Albuquerque police officer tell Chee to be careful as the cop is leaving Chee's hospital room?
8. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
9. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
10. According to what Chee tells Mary, how does one become a Navajo witch?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)