|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
(a) Lying makes people grin.
(b) Lying makes people shift their eyes.
(c) Lying makes people nervous.
(d) Lying makes people sweat.
2. In Chapter 25, whom do Chee and Mary visit?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A private investigator.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
3. What kind of car is the killer driving?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Chevrolet.
(c) A Buick.
(d) A Plymouth.
4. According to the roustabout's sister, what happened to several of the men after the explosion?
(a) They began drinking.
(b) They became ill.
(c) They heard voices.
(d) They had visions.
5. According to the roustabout's sister, who did the people believe was responsible for what happened to several of the roustabouts after the explosion?
(a) Emerson Charley.
(b) A prankster.
(c) A witch.
(d) Gordo Sena.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wolf travel to his first destination after he leaves town following Chee's shooting?
2. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
3. About how long is Chee in his hiding place before realizing the killer has left?
4. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
5. How old is Randolph Charley?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Chee and Mary discover the dead body, why does Chee yell at Mary to run?
2. According to what Chee tells Mary, how does one become a Navajo witch?
3. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
4. What is the goal of the Navajo Way?
5. When Chee and Mary find an article discussing the arrest of Dillon Charley in the days after the explosion, what is NOT mentioned?
6. After reviewing the articles regarding the explosion at the library, what does Chee decide his next step should be?
7. Why does the Albuquerque police officer tell Chee to be careful as the cop is leaving Chee's hospital room?
8. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, what does he discover when he reaches the area he intended to visit?
9. After yelling at Mary to run, why does Chee turn and run in the opposite direction?
10. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)