|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sherman Huff?
(a) A sergeant.
(b) A witch doctor.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) An epidemiologist.
2. Who approaches as Wolf reaches Chee's floor?
(a) A volunteer.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A patient.
(d) A doctor.
3. When Wolf is leaving town after shooting Chee, where does he dump his car?
(a) At a mechanic's garage.
(b) At the airport.
(c) In a parking garage.
(d) At a mall.
4. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
5. What is Mary Landon's occupation?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) An auctioneer.
(c) A quilter.
(d) An accountant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chee learn when he returns the call after leaving Huff's office?
2. When Chee has trouble sleeping and questions a nurse about what happens when a patient dies, what nickname does Chee give to the nurse?
3. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
4. About how long is Chee in his hiding place before realizing the killer has left?
5. What do Chee and Mary discuss on the way to visit the sister of one of the roustabouts?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to what Chee tells Mary, how does one become a Navajo witch?
2. After discovering the dead body on the way to where the missing box is supposed to be, how does Chee realize that the killer is still nearby?
3. When Chee and Mary find an article discussing the arrest of Dillon Charley in the days after the explosion, what is NOT mentioned?
4. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
5. After shooting Chee at the malpais, why does Wolf decide to go after both Chee and Mary?
6. After yelling at Mary to run, why does Chee turn and run in the opposite direction?
7. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
8. When Chee learns that the final roustabout has died, why does Chee want to see the body?
9. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
10. According to the discussion Mary and Chee have after leaving the roustabout's sister, why does Chee initially believe that Emerson Charley's body disappeared?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)