|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the roustabout's sister, who did the people believe was responsible for what happened to several of the roustabouts after the explosion?
(a) Emerson Charley.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) A prankster.
(d) A witch.
2. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
3. Who is Sherman Huff?
(a) A witch doctor.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) An epidemiologist.
(d) A surgeon.
4. What do Navajos typically carry in their leather pouches?
(b) Ritual tools.
(d) Ceremonial stuff.
5. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many employees from the explosives company were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dine'estse-tle?
2. How old is Randolph Charley?
3. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
4. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, whom do they find instead?
5. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. After yelling at Mary to run, why does Chee turn and run in the opposite direction?
2. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
3. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
4. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, why does he visit the area he goes to?
5. What is the goal of the Navajo Way?
6. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
7. When Chee learns that the final roustabout has died, why does Chee want to see the body?
8. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
9. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
10. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)