|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wolf is leaving town after shooting Chee, where does he dump his car?
(a) At a mall.
(b) At the airport.
(c) In a parking garage.
(d) At a mechanic's garage.
2. What do Chee and Mary discuss on the way to visit the sister of one of the roustabouts?
(a) The likelihood of Vines being behind the explosion.
(b) The chances they will find any of the roustabouts alive.
(c) The chances Wolf will make another attempt on their lives.
(d) The likelihood of Sena being behind the explosion.
3. In Chapter 25, whom do Chee and Mary visit?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A private investigator.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
4. What is the name of the geologist originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
(a) Curtis Russell.
(b) Carl Lebeck.
(c) Martin Jones.
(d) Marcus Colby.
5. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, where do they find his relative?
(a) At the peyote church.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At the lab.
(d) At the police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many employees from the explosives company were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
2. When Chee has trouble sleeping, how does Chee get into the area he's trying to access?
3. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
4. When Chee wakes up in his hospital room, what program is showing, albeit without the sound, on the television in Chee's hospital room?
5. What is Mary Landon's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to what Chee tells Mary, how does one become a Navajo witch?
2. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, what does he discover when he reaches the area he intended to visit?
3. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
4. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
5. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
6. What is the goal of the Navajo Way?
7. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
8. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, why does he visit the area he goes to?
9. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
10. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)