|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chee learn when he returns the call after leaving Huff's office?
(a) The killer has struck again.
(b) The killer has sent a threat.
(c) The killer has been caught.
(d) The killer has left the area.
2. What does Wolf need to pick up at the location to where he is ultimately headed?
(a) His truck.
(b) His gun.
(c) His money.
(d) His mother.
3. Where is Chee shot by the killer?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the neck.
(d) In the back.
4. How much money does Chee find in Emerson Charley's wallet?
5. Literally, what does "malpais" mean?
(a) Flat land.
(b) Dry country.
(c) Barren land.
(d) Bad country.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the roustabout's sister-in-law, from what did Tsossie die?
2. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many people were originally believed to have died in the explosion?
3. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
4. What is the name of the cop from the Albuquerque Police Department who visits Chee in his hospital room?
5. What is Mary Landon's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. After shooting Chee at the malpais, why does Wolf decide to go after both Chee and Mary?
2. What does Chee find when he exits his hiding space after the killer has left?
3. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
4. According to the discussion Mary and Chee have after leaving the roustabout's sister, why does Chee initially believe that Emerson Charley's body disappeared?
5. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
6. When Chee learns that the final roustabout has died, why does Chee want to see the body?
7. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, what does he discover when he reaches the area he intended to visit?
8. What is so unusual about the men who were part of the roustabout crew, as well as the men in the Charley family?
9. What is the goal of the Navajo Way?
10. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)