|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wolf is leaving town after shooting Chee, where does he dump his car?
(a) At a mall.
(b) At the airport.
(c) In a parking garage.
(d) At a mechanic's garage.
2. When Chee asks Mary to leave town, she refuses. What does Mary insist on doing instead?
(a) Helping Chee bury the body found in the malpais.
(b) Helping Chee recover from his wounds.
(c) Helping Chee with the investigation.
(d) Helping Chee bait the killer.
3. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many employees from the explosives company were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
4. What is Mary Landon's occupation?
(a) An auctioneer.
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A quilter.
5. After he shoots Chee, where is Wolf ultimately headed?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, whom do they find instead?
2. What does Wolf hate because it makes him feel exposed and vulnerable?
3. What hospital room is Jim Chee in?
4. According to the FBI agent who visits Chee at the hospital, for how long has the FBI been looking into the killer?
5. Who visits Chee after the Albuquerque police officer leaves Chee's hospital room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
2. What does Chee find when he exits his hiding space after the killer has left?
3. What is so unusual about the men who were part of the roustabout crew, as well as the men in the Charley family?
4. According to what Chee tells Mary, how does one become a Navajo witch?
5. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
6. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
7. After shooting Chee at the malpais, why does Wolf decide to go after both Chee and Mary?
8. When Chee learns that the final roustabout has died, why does Chee want to see the body?
9. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
10. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)