|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolf hate because it makes him feel exposed and vulnerable?
2. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) A witch doctor.
(d) An epidemiologist.
3. What does Chee find when he examines Emerson Charley's clothing?
(a) A key.
(b) A watch.
(c) A picture.
(d) An amulet.
4. According to the roustabout's sister-in-law, from what did Tsossie die?
(c) Corpse sickness.
(d) Liver failure.
5. What does Charley tell Chee was in the missing box?
(a) Black diamonds.
(b) Black cards.
(c) Black necklaces.
(d) Black rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wolf is approached by someone as Wolf reaches Chee's floor, by what name does Wolf introduce himself?
2. Literally, what does "malpais" mean?
3. How much money does Chee find in Emerson Charley's wallet?
4. As Wolf begins driving around Grant, what does he have with him?
5. How old is Randolph Charley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
2. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
3. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
4. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
5. According to what Chee tells Mary, how does one become a Navajo witch?
6. After discovering the dead body on the way to where the missing box is supposed to be, how does Chee realize that the killer is still nearby?
7. After Chee and Mary discover the dead body, why does Chee yell at Mary to run?
8. After reviewing the articles regarding the explosion at the library, what does Chee decide his next step should be?
9. According to the discussion Mary and Chee have after leaving the roustabout's sister, why does Chee initially believe that Emerson Charley's body disappeared?
10. When Chee learns that the final roustabout has died, why does Chee want to see the body?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)