|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the roustabout's sister-in-law, from what did Tsossie die?
(c) Corpse sickness.
(d) Liver failure.
2. What hospital room is Jim Chee in?
3. Who visits Chee after the Albuquerque police officer leaves Chee's hospital room?
(a) Agent Rogers.
(b) Agent Martin.
(c) Agent Jones.
(d) Agent Colby.
4. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many people were originally believed to have died in the explosion?
5. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
(a) Lying makes people sweat.
(b) Lying makes people shift their eyes.
(c) Lying makes people grin.
(d) Lying makes people nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he shoots Chee, where is Wolf ultimately headed?
2. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, what does he do before entering the building?
3. When Chee asks Mary to leave town, she refuses. What does Mary insist on doing instead?
4. According to Pueblo tradition, how many days do Pueblos have to bury their dead?
5. What is the name of the person Chee and Mary visit with in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. After yelling at Mary to run, why does Chee turn and run in the opposite direction?
2. What is the goal of the Navajo Way?
3. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, why does he visit the area he goes to?
4. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, what does he discover when he reaches the area he intended to visit?
5. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
6. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
7. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
8. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
9. As Chee and Mary leave the roundabout's sister, why does Mary ask Chee to explain what the sister had said?
10. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)