|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many employees from the explosives company were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
2. According to Pueblo tradition, how many days do Pueblos have to bury their dead?
3. After Chee yells at Mary to run, what does Mary manage to get from the truck?
(a) Chee's revolver.
(b) Chee's shotgun.
(c) Chee's lunch.
(d) Chee's license.
4. What is the name of the cop from the Albuquerque Police Department who visits Chee in his hospital room?
(a) Officer Marlow.
(b) Officer Raines.
(c) Officer Colby.
(d) Officer Hunt.
5. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) A witch doctor.
(d) An epidemiologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the conversation that takes place in Chee's hospital room, who believes that Dillon Charley is responsible for the oil well explosion?
2. Where does Wolf initially go when he leaves town after shooting Chee?
3. What is Mary Landon's occupation?
4. How does Wolf travel to his final destination after he leaves town following Chee's shooting?
5. Where is Chee shot by the killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
2. After Chee and Mary discover the dead body, why does Chee yell at Mary to run?
3. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
4. After reviewing the articles regarding the explosion at the library, what does Chee decide his next step should be?
5. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, what does he discover when he reaches the area he intended to visit?
6. According to the discussion Mary and Chee have after leaving the roustabout's sister, why does Chee initially believe that Emerson Charley's body disappeared?
7. According to what Chee tells Mary, how does one become a Navajo witch?
8. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
9. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
10. Why does the Albuquerque police officer tell Chee to be careful as the cop is leaving Chee's hospital room?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)