|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, whom do they find instead?
(a) The roustabout's sister.
(b) The roustabout's aunt.
(c) The roustabout's mother.
(d) The roustabout's sister-in-law.
2. What is Dine'estse-tle?
(a) The protector spirit of the heavens.
(b) The hunting spirit of the underworld.
(c) The hunting spirit of the heavens.
(d) The protector spirit of the underworld.
3. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
4. When Chee is released from the hospital, where is the first place he and Mary plan to go?
(a) The quilt auction.
(b) The malpais.
(c) The library.
(d) The tribal police station.
5. How old is Randolph Charley?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Chee yells at Mary to run, what does Mary manage to get from the truck?
2. What does Chee find when he examines Emerson Charley's clothing?
3. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
4. Who visits Chee after the Albuquerque police officer leaves Chee's hospital room?
5. How does Wolf travel to his first destination after he leaves town following Chee's shooting?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
2. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, why does he visit the area he goes to?
3. What is so unusual about the men who were part of the roustabout crew, as well as the men in the Charley family?
4. After reviewing the articles regarding the explosion at the library, what does Chee decide his next step should be?
5. When Chee and Mary find an article discussing the arrest of Dillon Charley in the days after the explosion, what is NOT mentioned?
6. What is the goal of the Navajo Way?
7. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
8. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
9. When Chee learns that the final roustabout has died, why does Chee want to see the body?
10. What does Chee find when he exits his hiding space after the killer has left?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)