|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, where do they find his relative?
(a) At the police station.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At the lab.
(d) At the peyote church.
2. What is Mary Landon's occupation?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) An accountant.
(c) An auctioneer.
(d) A quilter.
3. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what do Mary and Chee find?
(a) Rosemary's body.
(b) B.J.'s body.
(c) Tomas' body.
(d) Emerson's body.
4. After Chee yells at Mary to run, what does Mary manage to get from the truck?
(a) Chee's revolver.
(b) Chee's license.
(c) Chee's lunch.
(d) Chee's shotgun.
5. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) An epidemiologist.
(c) A witch doctor.
(d) A sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee has trouble sleeping and questions a nurse about what happens when a patient dies, what nickname does Chee give to the nurse?
2. What do Chee and Mary discuss on the way to visit the sister of one of the roustabouts?
3. According to the person Chee and Mary visit, what is the case rate for leukemic diseases?
4. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
5. What hospital room is Jim Chee in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Albuquerque police officer tell Chee to be careful as the cop is leaving Chee's hospital room?
2. What does Chee find when he exits his hiding space after the killer has left?
3. As Chee and Mary leave the roundabout's sister, why does Mary ask Chee to explain what the sister had said?
4. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
5. When Chee learns that the final roustabout has died, why does Chee want to see the body?
6. According to the discussion Mary and Chee have after leaving the roustabout's sister, why does Chee initially believe that Emerson Charley's body disappeared?
7. When Chee and Mary find an article discussing the arrest of Dillon Charley in the days after the explosion, what is NOT mentioned?
8. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
9. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
10. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)