|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, what does he do before entering the building?
(a) Parks behind the ambulance bay.
(b) Checks the parking lots.
(c) Removes several light bulbs.
(d) Steals a getaway car.
2. When Wolf is approached by someone as Wolf reaches Chee's floor, by what name does Wolf introduce himself?
(a) Dr. Colby.
(b) Dr. Martin.
(c) Dr. Ray.
(d) Dr. Duncan.
3. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
(a) Lying makes people nervous.
(b) Lying makes people sweat.
(c) Lying makes people grin.
(d) Lying makes people shift their eyes.
4. When Wolf is leaving town after shooting Chee, where does he dump his car?
(a) At a mechanic's garage.
(b) In a parking garage.
(c) At the airport.
(d) At a mall.
5. How does Wolf travel to his first destination after he leaves town following Chee's shooting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees the Wolf talking to the person Wolf is about to kill?
2. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
3. What do Mary and Chee plan to do after retrieving the missing box from the malpais?
4. What does Chee find when he examines Emerson Charley's clothing?
5. When Chee is released from the hospital, where is the first place he and Mary plan to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Wolf kills the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor, why does the murder not cause any alarm on the floor?
2. After reviewing the articles regarding the explosion at the library, what does Chee decide his next step should be?
3. When Chee and Mary find an article discussing the arrest of Dillon Charley in the days after the explosion, what is NOT mentioned?
4. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, what does he discover when he reaches the area he intended to visit?
5. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
6. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
7. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
8. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
9. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
10. When Chee learns that the final roustabout has died, why does Chee want to see the body?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)