|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee wakes up in his hospital room, what program is showing, albeit without the sound, on the television in Chee's hospital room?
(b) "Wheel of Fortune."
(c) "Hollywood Squares."
2. After Chee yells at Mary to run, what does Mary manage to get from the truck?
(a) Chee's lunch.
(b) Chee's shotgun.
(c) Chee's license.
(d) Chee's revolver.
3. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, what does he do before entering the building?
(a) Removes several light bulbs.
(b) Parks behind the ambulance bay.
(c) Checks the parking lots.
(d) Steals a getaway car.
4. Who is Sherman Huff?
(a) A witch doctor.
(b) A surgeon.
(c) A sergeant.
(d) An epidemiologist.
5. Literally, what does "malpais" mean?
(a) Bad country.
(b) Dry country.
(c) Barren land.
(d) Flat land.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, where do they find his relative?
2. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, whom do they find instead?
3. When Chee has trouble sleeping and questions a nurse about what happens when a patient dies, what nickname does Chee give to the nurse?
4. According to the roustabout's sister, who did the people believe was responsible for what happened to several of the roustabouts after the explosion?
5. What is Dine'estse-tle?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, what does he discover when he reaches the area he intended to visit?
2. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
3. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
4. When Chee learns that the final roustabout has died, why does Chee want to see the body?
5. Why does the Albuquerque police officer tell Chee to be careful as the cop is leaving Chee's hospital room?
6. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
7. What is so unusual about the men who were part of the roustabout crew, as well as the men in the Charley family?
8. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, why does he visit the area he goes to?
9. According to the discussion Mary and Chee have after leaving the roustabout's sister, why does Chee initially believe that Emerson Charley's body disappeared?
10. When Chee and Mary find an article discussing the arrest of Dillon Charley in the days after the explosion, what is NOT mentioned?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)