|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
2. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many people were originally believed to have died in the explosion?
3. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
(a) Eight miles per hour.
(b) Two miles per hour.
(c) Five miles per hour.
(d) Ten miles per hour.
4. When Chee asks Mary to leave town, she refuses. What does Mary insist on doing instead?
(a) Helping Chee bury the body found in the malpais.
(b) Helping Chee bait the killer.
(c) Helping Chee with the investigation.
(d) Helping Chee recover from his wounds.
5. When Wolf is leaving town after shooting Chee, where does he dump his car?
(a) At the airport.
(b) At a mechanic's garage.
(c) In a parking garage.
(d) At a mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what do Mary and Chee find?
2. According to Pueblo tradition, how many days do Pueblos have to bury their dead?
3. According to the woman Chee finds, where is the final roustabout's body located?
4. When Chee realizes that the killer is in the hospital, where does Chee hide?
5. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many employees from the explosives company were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
2. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
3. As Chee and Mary leave the roundabout's sister, why does Mary ask Chee to explain what the sister had said?
4. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
5. What is so unusual about the men who were part of the roustabout crew, as well as the men in the Charley family?
6. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
7. According to what Chee tells Mary, how does one become a Navajo witch?
8. After Chee and Mary discover the dead body, why does Chee yell at Mary to run?
9. According to the discussion Mary and Chee have after leaving the roustabout's sister, why does Chee initially believe that Emerson Charley's body disappeared?
10. What does Chee find when he exits his hiding space after the killer has left?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)