|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
(a) November 3.
(b) December 3.
(c) November 30.
(d) October 30.
2. When Chee goes to his office after visiting his predecessor, who has been trying to contact Chee?
(a) Rosemary Vines.
(b) Henry Becenti.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) B.J. Vines.
3. According to Mrs. Vines, who stole the missing box?
(a) The People of Darkness.
(b) The Yataalii.
(c) The Skinwalker Clan.
(d) The People of the Night.
4. As Chee and Mary leave the auction, who is talking to the person Chee needed to track down?
(a) A blond man.
(b) A tribal police officer.
(c) A sheriff.
(d) An auctioneer.
5. What is Colton Wolf's occupation?
(a) An assassin.
(b) An embezzler.
(c) A spy.
(d) A thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the rumor Chee heard, who had designed the Vines' home?
2. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
3. At this point in his investigation, who does Chee believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
4. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
5. How does Chee's predecessor characterize Dillon Charley's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the malpais?
2. As Chapter 8 opens, for what is Colton Wolf waiting?
3. When he reaches the university campus, why is Wolf dressed as though he works for a mortuary?
4. When asked by Chee, why does B.J. Vines claim that Sena dislikes Vines?
5. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
6. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
7. Why is Tsoodzil important to the Navajos?
8. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what season is just beginning according to the traditional calendar of Dinee?
9. According to what Vines tells Chee, who does B.J. Vines believe is responsible for the oil well explosion and why?
10. Why does Wolf's employer send Wolf to the university campus?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)