|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what B.J. tells Chee, when did the trouble between Sena and Vines start?
(a) In the early 1950's.
(b) In the late 1950's.
(c) In the late 1940's.
(d) In the early 1960's.
2. Whose brother was killed in the explosion at the oil well?
(a) Henry Becenti.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) B.J. Vines.
(d) Dillon Charley.
3. What did Vines do when Sena started hounding members of the peyote church when the trouble between the men first started?
(a) Sue the sheriff's department.
(b) File a complaint against Sena.
(c) Hire an attorney.
(d) Dock Sena's pay.
4. With the exception of B.J. Vines, who is the only other person to have ever looked inside the missing box?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) Rosemary Vines.
(c) Tomas Charley.
(d) Gordo Sena.
5. As Chapter 8 opens, where is Colton Wolf?
(a) On a plane.
(b) On a train.
(c) In his trailer.
(d) In his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim Chee studying to become?
2. At the time of the explosion, who was the peyote chief?
3. According to what Rosemary Vines tells Chee, how did Dillon Charley die?
4. What kind of car does Jim Chee drive?
5. After finishing with his interview, where does Chee invite Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
2. When Colton Wolf receives a letter at the beginning of Chapter 8, what is the subject of the letter?
3. According to what B.J Vines tells Chee, why does Vines believe the box was stolen?
4. Even though Chee is curious about why Rosemary has requested his presence at her house, Chee does not ask her any questions. Why not?
5. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
6. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, why does Jim Chee not have his winter coat with him?
7. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
8. According to what Chee learns from his predecessor, why did a group of roustabouts not go to work on the day the explosion occurred?
9. After leaving the object for the killer to find, why does Chee go to his truck?
10. Why had the peyote church been outlawed by the Tribal Council?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)