|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee goes to meet B.J. Vines, how does B.J. characterize his wife?
2. According to what B.J. tells Chee, when did the trouble between Sena and Vines start?
(a) In the early 1950's.
(b) In the late 1950's.
(c) In the early 1960's.
(d) In the late 1940's.
3. How long has Colton Wolf been paying the man who sent Wolf the letter?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
4. Whose tombstone stands just off from the Vines' garage?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) Benjamin Vines.
(c) Sarah Vines.
(d) Emerson Charley.
5. What does the second man put into the bed of the truck?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A grocery bag.
(d) A briefcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
2. As Chapter 8 opens, where is Colton Wolf?
3. On what campus is the bacteriologist's lab located?
4. To what university campus does Wolf eventually drive after leaving his trailer?
5. As Chapter 8 opens, in what state is Colton Wolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the employees of the oil company going to "shoot" the oil well?
2. Describe the second person who illegally parks the car in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
3. According to what Chee learns while visiting his predecessor, how did the People of Darkness get their name?
4. As Chee drives into the desert, he is listening to songs his uncle wants him to memorize. Why does his uncle want Chee to memorize these songs?
5. When he reaches the university campus, why is Wolf dressed as though he works for a mortuary?
6. Even though Chee is curious about why Rosemary has requested his presence at her house, Chee does not ask her any questions. Why not?
7. What is the malpais?
8. According to Chee, why do Navajos lack sentimentality about corpses?
9. According to what Chee learns from his predecessor, why did a group of roustabouts not go to work on the day the explosion occurred?
10. When asked by Chee, why does B.J. Vines claim that Sena dislikes Vines?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)