|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After renting the vehicle, where does Wolf first drive?
(a) Long-term parking.
(b) A deserted area.
(c) The mall.
(d) Campus parking.
2. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
(a) November 30.
(b) November 3.
(c) October 30.
(d) December 3.
3. What is the name of the local sheriff?
(a) Marcus Colby.
(b) Curtis Russell.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Carl Lebeck.
4. How does B.J. Vines believe the thief got into the wall safe?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A key.
(c) A pry bar.
(d) A combination lock.
5. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the rumor Chee heard, who had designed the Vines' home?
2. How does B.J Vines characterize the oil well explosion?
3. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
4. What is the name of Sena's brother killed in the explosion?
5. What is the name of the mine from which the uranium is being mined?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
2. What is the malpais?
3. According to what B.J Vines tells Chee, why does Vines believe the box was stolen?
4. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
5. Why is Tsoodzil important to the Navajos?
6. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what season is just beginning according to the traditional calendar of Dinee?
7. Even though Chee is curious about why Rosemary has requested his presence at her house, Chee does not ask her any questions. Why not?
8. When Colton Wolf receives a letter at the beginning of Chapter 8, what is the subject of the letter?
9. When asked by Chee, why does B.J. Vines claim that Sena dislikes Vines?
10. According to what Chee learns while visiting his predecessor, how did the People of Darkness get their name?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)