Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "Dinee" mean?
2. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. To whom does Chee speak?
(a) The person's uncle.
(b) The person's nephew.
(c) The person's aunt.
(d) The person's son.
3. What does the second man put into the bed of the truck?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A grocery bag.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A briefcase.
4. To whom does Colton Wolf talk at the hospital to confirm the information he received during the cautious phone call?
(a) Mrs. Myers.
(b) Mrs. Byers.
(c) Mrs. Dwyer.
(d) Mrs. Cryer.
5. As Chee takes Mary home, whose truck is still parked in the auction's parking lot?
(a) Marcus Colby.
(b) Tomas Charley.
(c) Rosemary Vines.
(d) Colton Wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the rumor Chee heard, who had designed the Vines' home?
2. When Rosemary Vines first moved to the Vines' home, who was the foreman of the ranch?
3. As Chapter 5 begins, Chee goes to visit his predecessor. Whom does Chee visit?
4. When Wolf makes a cautious phone call, who does Wolf learn has died?
5. Under what name does Colton Wolf rent the vehicle he gets once he leaves his trailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Chapter 8 opens, for what is Colton Wolf waiting?
2. What happens when Chee tells the person he is visiting that several other men associated with the Charley family all died of cancer?
3. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
4. After Chee realizes that the killer is still nearby, where does Chee send Mary?
5. Why were the employees of the oil company going to "shoot" the oil well?
6. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what season is just beginning according to the traditional calendar of Dinee?
7. According to what Vines tells Chee, who does B.J. Vines believe is responsible for the oil well explosion and why?
8. On the way to the roustabout's remote burial site, Chee has trouble believing that one of two suspects could be responsible. Who is the suspect and what is the doubt?
9. What is so unusual about the men who were part of the roustabout crew, as well as the men in the Charley family?
10. When Chee has trouble sleeping and sneaks out of his hospital room, what does he discover when he reaches the area he intended to visit?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)