|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chee's predecessor characterize Dillon Charley's son?
2. When Rosemary Vines first moved to the Vines' home, who was the foreman of the ranch?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Curtis Russell.
(d) Gordo Sena.
3. When Vines supported another candidate for sheriff who beat Sena, how long was Sena out of office?
(a) Two terms.
(b) One term.
(c) Three terms.
(d) Four terms.
4. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. Where is the person?
(a) At a furniture auction.
(b) At an art auction.
(c) At a car auction.
(d) At a quilt auction.
5. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Wolf rent once he leaves his trailer?
2. A second man pulls into the lot and parks his car illegally while the bacteriologist watches. What kind of car is the second man driving?
3. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
4. At this point in his investigation, who does Chee believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
5. What does the word "Dinee" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the second person who illegally parks the car in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
2. According to what B.J Vines tells Chee, why does Vines believe the box was stolen?
3. According to what Vines tells Chee, who does B.J. Vines believe is responsible for the oil well explosion and why?
4. When Colton Wolf receives a letter at the beginning of Chapter 8, what is the subject of the letter?
5. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
6. Why were the employees of the oil company going to "shoot" the oil well?
7. When asked by Chee, why does B.J. Vines claim that Sena dislikes Vines?
8. How does Vines' attempt to remove Chee from the missing box investigation affect Chee?
9. When Chee finally finds the home of the person he's looking for, Chee is asked to pass on a message. What is the message?
10. Why had the peyote church been outlawed by the Tribal Council?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)