|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was B.J. Vines when he got sick and had to be flown to a hospital?
2. When Wolf makes a cautious phone call, how does the person answering the phone identify himself?
3. How much is the check that Chee is given for his trouble regarding the box?
4. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
5. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
(a) November 30.
(b) December 3.
(c) October 30.
(d) November 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colton Wolf's hobby?
2. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
3. What is Colton Wolf's occupation?
4. As Chee talks with Rosemary, why is B.J. Vines in a hospital?
5. To whom does Colton Wolf talk at the hospital to confirm the information he received during the cautious phone call?
Short Essay Questions
1. After shooting Chee at the malpais, why does Wolf decide to go after both Chee and Mary?
2. Even though Chee is curious about why Rosemary has requested his presence at her house, Chee does not ask her any questions. Why not?
3. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
4. Why were the employees of the oil company going to "shoot" the oil well?
5. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
6. Describe the second person who illegally parks the car in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
7. What does Chee hope to accomplish by setting off the bomb in the canyon?
8. After leaving the object for the killer to find, why does Chee go to his truck?
9. When Colton Wolf receives a letter at the beginning of Chapter 8, what is the subject of the letter?
10. After yelling at Mary to run, why does Chee turn and run in the opposite direction?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)