|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
(a) Seven days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
2. What is the time of day when the tow truck arrives to remove the illegally parked truck?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 3:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
3. According to Chee's predecessor, how did Dillon Charley get involved with B.J. Vines?
4. What kind of car does Jim Chee drive?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Honda.
(c) A Toyota.
(d) A Chevrolet.
5. According to what Chee is told by his caller, who does the caller believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
(a) Gordo Sena.
(b) Tomas Charley.
(c) Emerson Charley.
(d) Rosemary Vines.
Short Answer Questions
1. A second man pulls into the lot and parks his car illegally while the bacteriologist watches. What kind of car is the second man driving?
2. What name is on the white cotton coat that Wolf takes with him as he leaves his trailer?
3. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
4. As Chee drives into the desert, for whose home is Chee looking?
5. When Rosemary hires Chee to find the missing box, where is B.J. Vines?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to what Chee learns while visiting his predecessor, how did the People of Darkness get their name?
2. Why does Wolf's employer send Wolf to the university campus?
3. According to Chee's predecessor, a relationship with the tribal police was destroyed after the oil well explosion. Describe the initial rift that caused the relationship to unravel.
4. According to what Chee learns from his predecessor, why did a group of roustabouts not go to work on the day the explosion occurred?
5. As Chapter 8 opens, why is Colton Wolf working on his guns?
6. When Colton Wolf receives a letter at the beginning of Chapter 8, what is the subject of the letter?
7. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
8. How did the explosion at the oil well occur?
9. How does Vines' attempt to remove Chee from the missing box investigation affect Chee?
10. Why had the peyote church been outlawed by the Tribal Council?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)