|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how much money did B.J. Vines sell the rights to his uranium find to Anaconda?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) Six million dollars.
(c) Eight million dollars.
(d) Ten million dollars.
2. What does Wolf do when he reaches the area where people normally dump their junk?
(a) Steals a license plate.
(b) Buries a body.
(c) Digs a hole.
(d) Kills his target.
3. What does the second man put into the bed of the truck?
(a) A grocery bag.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) An envelope.
4. As Chee takes Mary home, whose truck is still parked in the auction's parking lot?
(a) Tomas Charley.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Rosemary Vines.
(d) Colton Wolf.
5. Whose tombstone stands just off from the Vines' garage?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) Sarah Vines.
(c) Emerson Charley.
(d) Benjamin Vines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who placed the peyote chief under arrest after the oil well explosion?
2. Under what name does Colton Wolf rent the vehicle he gets once he leaves his trailer?
3. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
4. What is the name of Sena's brother killed in the explosion?
5. What kind of vehicle does Wolf rent once he leaves his trailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the second person who illegally parks the car in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
2. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what season is just beginning according to the traditional calendar of Dinee?
3. According to what Vines tells Chee, who does B.J. Vines believe is responsible for the oil well explosion and why?
4. How does Vines' attempt to remove Chee from the missing box investigation affect Chee?
5. According to what Chee learns from his predecessor, why did a group of roustabouts not go to work on the day the explosion occurred?
6. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
7. After Rosemary questions Chee on how well he knows Navajo "religion," what does Rosemary ask if Chee knows anything about?
8. According to what B.J Vines tells Chee, why does Vines believe the box was stolen?
9. Even though Chee is curious about why Rosemary has requested his presence at her house, Chee does not ask her any questions. Why not?
10. As Chapter 8 opens, for what is Colton Wolf waiting?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)