|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee goes to meet B.J. Vines, how does B.J. characterize his wife?
2. How does B.J. Vines believe the thief got into the wall safe?
(a) A pry bar.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A combination lock.
(d) A key.
3. After renting the vehicle, where does Wolf first drive?
(a) Long-term parking.
(b) Campus parking.
(c) A deserted area.
(d) The mall.
4. What does Wolf do when he reaches the area where people normally dump their junk?
(a) Digs a hole.
(b) Steals a license plate.
(c) Kills his target.
(d) Buries a body.
5. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what campus is the bacteriologist's lab located?
2. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
3. How long has Colton Wolf been paying the man who sent Wolf the letter?
4. About when did the explosion at the oil well occur?
5. With the exception of B.J. Vines, who is the only other person to have ever looked inside the missing box?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had the peyote church been outlawed by the Tribal Council?
2. According to what B.J Vines tells Chee, why does Vines believe the box was stolen?
3. As Chapter 8 opens, for what is Colton Wolf waiting?
4. Why is Tsoodzil important to the Navajos?
5. According to what Vines tells Chee, who does B.J. Vines believe is responsible for the oil well explosion and why?
6. How does Vines' attempt to remove Chee from the missing box investigation affect Chee?
7. What is the malpais?
8. After Rosemary questions Chee on how well he knows Navajo "religion," what does Rosemary ask if Chee knows anything about?
9. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
10. According to what Chee learns while visiting his predecessor, how did the People of Darkness get their name?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)