|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
2. According to the tombstone, when had the person died?
3. What is the name of the clan to which Chee belongs?
(a) The Fast Walking Dinee.
(b) The Slow Walking Dinee.
(c) The Slow Talking Dinee.
(d) The Fast Talking Dinee.
4. According to what Rosemary Vines tells Chee, how did Dillon Charley die?
5. What award did B.J. Vines win for hunting?
(a) The Cannerson Trophy.
(b) The Stalker Trophy.
(c) The Weatherby Trophy.
(d) The Rough Rider Trophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Jim Chee drive?
2. How much money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee as a retainer for his services?
3. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
4. What is the time of day when the tow truck arrives to remove the illegally parked truck?
5. To what university campus does Wolf eventually drive after leaving his trailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vines' attempt to remove Chee from the missing box investigation affect Chee?
2. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
3. When Chee finally finds the home of the person he's looking for, Chee is asked to pass on a message. What is the message?
4. When Colton Wolf receives a letter at the beginning of Chapter 8, what is the subject of the letter?
5. How did the explosion at the oil well occur?
6. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, why does Jim Chee not have his winter coat with him?
7. As Chapter 8 opens, why is Colton Wolf working on his guns?
8. What is the malpais?
9. According to what Vines tells Chee, who does B.J. Vines believe is responsible for the oil well explosion and why?
10. Why is Tsoodzil important to the Navajos?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)