|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chee's predecessor, how did Dillon Charley get involved with B.J. Vines?
2. As Chee drives into the desert, for whose home is Chee looking?
(a) Emerson Charley.
(b) Tomas Charley.
(c) Colton Wolf.
(d) Marcus Colby.
3. According to what B.J. tells Chee, when did the trouble between Sena and Vines start?
(a) In the late 1950's.
(b) In the late 1940's.
(c) In the early 1950's.
(d) In the early 1960's.
4. What award did B.J. Vines win for hunting?
(a) The Rough Rider Trophy.
(b) The Stalker Trophy.
(c) The Cannerson Trophy.
(d) The Weatherby Trophy.
5. Whose tombstone stands just off from the Vines' garage?
(a) Sarah Vines.
(b) Emerson Charley.
(c) Dillon Charley.
(d) Benjamin Vines.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chee and Mary leave the auction, who is talking to the person Chee needed to track down?
2. On what campus is the bacteriologist's lab located?
3. What is the name of the local sheriff?
4. What does Vines tell Chee to do with his check if Chee can't accept it?
5. What is Colton Wolf's hobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the purpose of an Enemy Way.
2. Why is Tsoodzil important to the Navajos?
3. What is so unusual about the men who were part of the roustabout crew, as well as the men in the Charley family?
4. When the sheriff questions Chee in Chee's hospital room, what does the sheriff ask Chee to do?
5. As Wolf slips out of the hospital, what does Wolf suddenly realize?
6. What is the malpais?
7. Why does Chee not simply leave his room when he sees that Wolf is in the hospital?
8. When he reaches the university campus, why is Wolf dressed as though he works for a mortuary?
9. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
10. After leaving the object for the killer to find, why does Chee go to his truck?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)