|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A second man pulls into the lot and parks his car illegally while the bacteriologist watches. What kind of car is the second man driving?
(a) A gray Chevrolet.
(b) A blue Buick.
(c) A tan Nissan.
(d) A green Ford.
2. What is Colton Wolf's hobby?
(a) Building model planes.
(b) Building model ships.
(c) Building model trains.
(d) Building model cars.
3. According to the rumor Chee heard, who had designed the Vines' home?
(a) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(b) Carlo Scarpa.
(c) Albert Kahn.
(d) Alvar Aalto.
4. What is the name of Sena's brother killed in the explosion?
5. What is the time of day when the tow truck arrives to remove the illegally parked truck?
(b) 3:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Colton Wolf been paying the man who sent Wolf the letter?
2. When Rosemary Vines first moved to the Vines' home, who was the foreman of the ranch?
3. According to Mrs. Vines, who stole the missing box?
4. How does Chee's predecessor characterize Dillon Charley's son?
5. About when did the explosion at the oil well occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wolf's employer send Wolf to the university campus?
2. What is the malpais?
3. As Chapter 8 opens, for what is Colton Wolf waiting?
4. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
5. According to Chee, why do Navajos lack sentimentality about corpses?
6. When Chee finally finds the home of the person he's looking for, Chee is asked to pass on a message. What is the message?
7. According to what Chee learns from his predecessor, why did a group of roustabouts not go to work on the day the explosion occurred?
8. How did the explosion at the oil well occur?
9. As Chapter 8 opens, why is Colton Wolf working on his guns?
10. Why does the Vines' house puzzle Jim Chee?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)