|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the clan to which Chee belongs?
(a) The Slow Talking Dinee.
(b) The Slow Walking Dinee.
(c) The Fast Talking Dinee.
(d) The Fast Walking Dinee.
2. What does the word "Dinee" mean?
3. How much money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee as a retainer for his services?
4. What kind of vehicle does Wolf rent once he leaves his trailer?
(a) A station wagon.
(b) A minivan.
(c) A pick-up truck.
(d) A convertible.
5. According to rumor, what was Sena's mother planning to leave to Sena's older brother?
(a) The money.
(b) The car.
(c) The jewelry.
(d) The ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Chee is told by his caller, who does the caller believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
2. During her second year at the lab, what did the bacteriologist begin bringing in with her?
3. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. To whom does Chee speak?
4. A second man pulls into the lot and parks his car illegally while the bacteriologist watches. What kind of car is the second man driving?
5. How does Chee's predecessor characterize Dillon Charley's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had the peyote church been outlawed by the Tribal Council?
2. According to Chee's predecessor, a relationship with the tribal police was destroyed after the oil well explosion. Describe the initial rift that caused the relationship to unravel.
3. Why does the Albuquerque police officer tell Chee to be careful as the cop is leaving Chee's hospital room?
4. What does Chee learn from the Albuquerque police officer about the killer when the cop comes to Chee's hospital room?
5. After reviewing the articles regarding the explosion at the library, what does Chee decide his next step should be?
6. Why does the Vines' house puzzle Jim Chee?
7. What is the malpais?
8. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
9. According to what Chee learns from his predecessor, why did a group of roustabouts not go to work on the day the explosion occurred?
10. As Chee and Mary drive to the roustabout's remote burial site, why does Chee now believe the box was stolen?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)