|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chee talks with Rosemary, why is B.J. Vines in a hospital?
2. Who placed the peyote chief under arrest after the oil well explosion?
(a) Gordo Sena.
(b) Jim Chee.
(c) Emerson Charley.
(d) Henry Becenti.
3. What does the man who illegally parked his truck leave in the truck?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) His keys.
(c) His wife.
(d) His phone.
4. What is the name of the clan to which Chee belongs?
(a) The Fast Walking Dinee.
(b) The Slow Talking Dinee.
(c) The Slow Walking Dinee.
(d) The Fast Talking Dinee.
5. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. To whom does Chee speak?
(a) The person's aunt.
(b) The person's son.
(c) The person's nephew.
(d) The person's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Colton Wolf been paying the man who sent Wolf the letter?
2. According to Chee's predecessor, whose relationship with the tribal police was destroyed after the oil well explosion?
3. As the bacteriologist watches, a dirty truck parks illegally in the lot. What space does the truck pull into?
4. What is Colton Wolf's hobby?
5. According to what Rosemary Vines tells Chee, how did Dillon Charley die?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Chapter 8 opens, for what is Colton Wolf waiting?
2. According to what Vines tells Chee, who does B.J. Vines believe is responsible for the oil well explosion and why?
3. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, why does Jim Chee not have his winter coat with him?
4. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
5. What is the malpais?
6. When Colton Wolf receives a letter at the beginning of Chapter 8, what is the subject of the letter?
7. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
8. According to Chee's predecessor, a relationship with the tribal police was destroyed after the oil well explosion. Describe the initial rift that caused the relationship to unravel.
9. Even though Chee is curious about why Rosemary has requested his presence at her house, Chee does not ask her any questions. Why not?
10. After Rosemary questions Chee on how well he knows Navajo "religion," what does Rosemary ask if Chee knows anything about?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)