|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to rumor, what was Sena's mother planning to leave to Sena's older brother?
(a) The jewelry.
(b) The money.
(c) The ranch.
(d) The car.
2. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
(a) November 30.
(b) October 30.
(c) November 3.
(d) December 3.
3. What does Chee learn when he finally finds the person he is looking for?
(a) Rosemary Vines stole the box.
(b) Gordo Sena stole the box.
(c) B.J. Vines stole the box.
(d) Tomas Charley stole the box.
4. When Vines supported another candidate for sheriff who beat Sena, how long was Sena out of office?
(a) Three terms.
(b) Four terms.
(c) Two terms.
(d) One term.
5. What is the name of the clan to which Chee belongs?
(a) The Fast Walking Dinee.
(b) The Slow Walking Dinee.
(c) The Fast Talking Dinee.
(d) The Slow Talking Dinee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is on the white cotton coat that Wolf takes with him as he leaves his trailer?
2. As Chee drives into the desert, for whose home is Chee looking?
3. Whose brother was killed in the explosion at the oil well?
4. What is the name of the local sheriff?
5. According to the rumor Chee heard, who had designed the Vines' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
2. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
3. According to Chee, why do Navajos lack sentimentality about corpses?
4. According to what Chee learns while visiting his predecessor, how did the People of Darkness get their name?
5. According to what Vines tells Chee, who does B.J. Vines believe is responsible for the oil well explosion and why?
6. What is the malpais?
7. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what season is just beginning according to the traditional calendar of Dinee?
8. Why is Tsoodzil important to the Navajos?
9. According to what Chee learns from his predecessor, why did a group of roustabouts not go to work on the day the explosion occurred?
10. Describe the second person who illegally parks the car in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)