|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the check that Chee is given for his trouble regarding the box?
2. According to rumor, what was Sena's mother planning to leave to Sena's older brother?
(a) The jewelry.
(b) The money.
(c) The car.
(d) The ranch.
3. How much money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee as a retainer for his services?
4. Where was B.J. Vines when he got sick and had to be flown to a hospital?
5. As Chee talks with Rosemary, why is B.J. Vines in a hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
2. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. To whom does Chee speak?
3. What is Colton Wolf's occupation?
4. Who placed the peyote chief under arrest after the oil well explosion?
5. What does the word "Dinee" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Chee drives into the desert, he is listening to songs his uncle wants him to memorize. Why does his uncle want Chee to memorize these songs?
2. After Rosemary questions Chee on how well he knows Navajo "religion," what does Rosemary ask if Chee knows anything about?
3. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, why does Jim Chee not have his winter coat with him?
4. Why is Tsoodzil important to the Navajos?
5. When Chee finally finds the home of the person he's looking for, Chee is asked to pass on a message. What is the message?
6. Why had the peyote church been outlawed by the Tribal Council?
7. Describe the second person who illegally parks the car in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
8. When asked by Chee, why does B.J. Vines claim that Sena dislikes Vines?
9. According to what Chee learns from his predecessor, why did a group of roustabouts not go to work on the day the explosion occurred?
10. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)