|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time of day when the tow truck arrives to remove the illegally parked truck?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 6:00 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
2. According to Rosemary Vines, what do the Navajos in the area think B.J. is?
(a) A liar.
(b) A swindler.
(c) A witch.
(d) A thief.
3. According to Chee's predecessor, how did Dillon Charley get involved with B.J. Vines?
4. According to the tombstone, when had the person died?
5. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
(a) Seven days.
(b) One day.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award did B.J. Vines win for hunting?
2. What kind of vehicle does Wolf rent once he leaves his trailer?
3. When Rosemary hires Chee to find the missing box, where is B.J. Vines?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8 as Colton Wolf waits, from whom does Wolf receive a letter?
5. What is Jim Chee studying to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. When asked by Chee, why does B.J. Vines claim that Sena dislikes Vines?
2. According to what Vines tells Chee, who does B.J. Vines believe is responsible for the oil well explosion and why?
3. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, why does Jim Chee not have his winter coat with him?
4. As Chee drives into the desert, he is listening to songs his uncle wants him to memorize. Why does his uncle want Chee to memorize these songs?
5. When he reaches the university campus, why is Wolf dressed as though he works for a mortuary?
6. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what season is just beginning according to the traditional calendar of Dinee?
7. Why does the Vines' house puzzle Jim Chee?
8. Why does Wolf's employer send Wolf to the university campus?
9. What is the malpais?
10. According to Chee, why do Navajos lack sentimentality about corpses?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)