|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who illegally parked his truck leave in the truck?
(a) His wife.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) His phone.
(d) His keys.
2. Whose tombstone stands just off from the Vines' garage?
(a) Benjamin Vines.
(b) Sarah Vines.
(c) Dillon Charley.
(d) Emerson Charley.
3. What did Vines do when Sena started hounding members of the peyote church when the trouble between the men first started?
(a) Dock Sena's pay.
(b) Hire an attorney.
(c) File a complaint against Sena.
(d) Sue the sheriff's department.
4. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
5. What is Colton Wolf's occupation?
(a) A spy.
(b) A thief.
(c) An embezzler.
(d) An assassin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
2. At this point in his investigation, who does Chee believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
3. According to rumor, what was Sena's mother planning to leave to Sena's older brother?
4. A second man pulls into the lot and parks his car illegally while the bacteriologist watches. What kind of car is the second man driving?
5. According to what Rosemary Vines tells Chee, how did Dillon Charley die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Vines' house puzzle Jim Chee?
2. After Rosemary questions Chee on how well he knows Navajo "religion," what does Rosemary ask if Chee knows anything about?
3. Why is Tsoodzil important to the Navajos?
4. Why does Wolf's employer send Wolf to the university campus?
5. According to Chee, why do Navajos lack sentimentality about corpses?
6. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
7. When asked by Chee, why does B.J. Vines claim that Sena dislikes Vines?
8. As Chee drives into the desert, he is listening to songs his uncle wants him to memorize. Why does his uncle want Chee to memorize these songs?
9. Why had the peyote church been outlawed by the Tribal Council?
10. Even though Chee is curious about why Rosemary has requested his presence at her house, Chee does not ask her any questions. Why not?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)