|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sena's brother killed in the explosion?
2. What is the name of the mine from which the uranium is being mined?
(a) Red Night.
(b) Red Deuce.
(c) Red Dawn.
(d) Red Herring.
3. How long has Colton Wolf been paying the man who sent Wolf the letter?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
4. As the bacteriologist watches, a dirty truck parks illegally in the lot. What space does the truck pull into?
(a) The Senior Researcher's space.
(b) The Associate Director's space.
(c) The Research Assistant's space.
(d) The Director's space.
5. What is Colton Wolf's hobby?
(a) Building model planes.
(b) Building model trains.
(c) Building model cars.
(d) Building model ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rosemary Vines, what do the Navajos in the area think B.J. is?
2. What is Colton Wolf's occupation?
3. What is the name of the clan to which Chee belongs?
4. How does B.J. Vines believe the thief got into the wall safe?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8 as Colton Wolf waits, from whom does Wolf receive a letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the employees of the oil company going to "shoot" the oil well?
2. When Colton Wolf receives a letter at the beginning of Chapter 8, what is the subject of the letter?
3. Even though Chee is curious about why Rosemary has requested his presence at her house, Chee does not ask her any questions. Why not?
4. According to what Vines tells Chee, who does B.J. Vines believe is responsible for the oil well explosion and why?
5. According to Chee's predecessor, a relationship with the tribal police was destroyed after the oil well explosion. Describe the initial rift that caused the relationship to unravel.
6. When Chee finally finds the home of the person he's looking for, Chee is asked to pass on a message. What is the message?
7. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
8. According to what Chee learns from his predecessor, why did a group of roustabouts not go to work on the day the explosion occurred?
9. As Chapter 8 opens, why is Colton Wolf working on his guns?
10. What is the malpais?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)