|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
2. While Chee isn't sure he believes in visions, what does Chee believe in?
3. What kind of vehicle does Wolf rent once he leaves his trailer?
(a) A station wagon.
(b) A convertible.
(c) A pick-up truck.
(d) A minivan.
4. When Rosemary Vines first moved to the Vines' home, who was the foreman of the ranch?
(a) Marcus Colby.
(b) Curtis Russell.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Dillon Charley.
5. How does Chee's predecessor characterize Dillon Charley's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. To whom does Chee speak?
2. After renting the vehicle, where does Wolf first drive?
3. What is Colton Wolf's hobby?
4. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
5. Who placed the peyote chief under arrest after the oil well explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what season is just beginning according to the traditional calendar of Dinee?
2. According to what Charley tells Chee, what is contained in the missing box?
3. According to what B.J Vines tells Chee, why does Vines believe the box was stolen?
4. Describe the second person who illegally parks the car in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
5. How did the explosion at the oil well occur?
6. According to what Chee learns while visiting his predecessor, how did the People of Darkness get their name?
7. According to Chee, why do Navajos lack sentimentality about corpses?
8. How does Vines' attempt to remove Chee from the missing box investigation affect Chee?
9. When Chee finally finds the home of the person he's looking for, Chee is asked to pass on a message. What is the message?
10. Why does Wolf's employer send Wolf to the university campus?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)