|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chee drives into the desert, for whose home is Chee looking?
(a) Emerson Charley.
(b) Tomas Charley.
(c) Marcus Colby.
(d) Colton Wolf.
2. According to what Rosemary Vines tells Chee, how did Dillon Charley die?
3. What is the time of day when the tow truck arrives to remove the illegally parked truck?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
4. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. Where is the person?
(a) At a quilt auction.
(b) At a furniture auction.
(c) At a car auction.
(d) At an art auction.
5. According to rumor, what was Sena's mother planning to leave to Sena's older brother?
(a) The car.
(b) The money.
(c) The jewelry.
(d) The ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the check that Chee is given for his trouble regarding the box?
2. According to what B.J. tells Chee, when did the trouble between Sena and Vines start?
3. What did Vines do when Sena started hounding members of the peyote church when the trouble between the men first started?
4. About when did the explosion at the oil well occur?
5. What award did B.J. Vines win for hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the explosion at the oil well occur?
2. As Chee drives into the desert, he is listening to songs his uncle wants him to memorize. Why does his uncle want Chee to memorize these songs?
3. Describe the person who illegally parks the truck in the parking lot while the bacteriologist watches from her window.
4. Why were the employees of the oil company going to "shoot" the oil well?
5. After Rosemary questions Chee on how well he knows Navajo "religion," what does Rosemary ask if Chee knows anything about?
6. Why had the peyote church been outlawed by the Tribal Council?
7. As the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what season is just beginning according to the traditional calendar of Dinee?
8. When he reaches the university campus, why is Wolf dressed as though he works for a mortuary?
9. When Colton Wolf receives a letter at the beginning of Chapter 8, what is the subject of the letter?
10. What is the malpais?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)