|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sherman Huff?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) A witch doctor.
(c) A sergeant.
(d) An epidemiologist.
2. What does Chee learn when he returns the call after leaving Huff's office?
(a) The killer has been caught.
(b) The killer has struck again.
(c) The killer has left the area.
(d) The killer has sent a threat.
3. Who visits Chee after the Albuquerque police officer leaves Chee's hospital room?
(a) Agent Jones.
(b) Agent Colby.
(c) Agent Martin.
(d) Agent Rogers.
4. According to the conversation that takes place in Chee's hospital room, who believes that Dillon Charley is responsible for the oil well explosion?
(a) Mary Landon.
(b) Colton Wolf.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Marcus Colby.
5. Where does Wolf initially go when he leaves town after shooting Chee?
6. When Chee realizes that the killer is in the hospital, where does Chee hide?
(a) In the crawl space.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the morgue.
7. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many people were originally believed to have died in the explosion?
8. When Wolf is approached by someone as Wolf reaches Chee's floor, by what name does Wolf introduce himself?
(a) Dr. Martin.
(b) Dr. Ray.
(c) Dr. Duncan.
(d) Dr. Colby.
9. What does Chee find when he examines Emerson Charley's clothing?
(a) A watch.
(b) A picture.
(c) A key.
(d) An amulet.
10. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
11. According to the woman Chee finds, where is the final roustabout's body located?
(a) In a remote canyon.
(b) Just beyond the town limits.
(c) Behind the peyote church.
(d) In the malpais.
12. What do Chee and Mary discuss on the way to visit the sister of one of the roustabouts?
(a) The chances Wolf will make another attempt on their lives.
(b) The likelihood of Vines being behind the explosion.
(c) The likelihood of Sena being behind the explosion.
(d) The chances they will find any of the roustabouts alive.
13. What does Wolf hate because it makes him feel exposed and vulnerable?
14. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, where do they find his relative?
(a) At the police station.
(b) At the peyote church.
(c) At the lab.
(d) At the hospital.
15. When Chee has trouble sleeping and questions a nurse about what happens when a patient dies, what nickname does Chee give to the nurse?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
2. According to the roustabout's sister, what happened to several of the men after the explosion?
3. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
4. According to Pueblo tradition, how many days do Pueblos have to bury their dead?
5. According to the person Chee and Mary visit, what is the case rate for leukemic diseases?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)