|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what do Mary and Chee find?
(a) Emerson's body.
(b) Tomas' body.
(c) Rosemary's body.
(d) B.J.'s body.
2. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
(a) Through the newspaper.
(b) Through the gift shop.
(c) Through the nurses' station.
(d) Through Western Union.
3. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many roustabouts were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
4. According to the woman Chee finds, where is the final roustabout's body located?
(a) In the malpais.
(b) Behind the peyote church.
(c) Just beyond the town limits.
(d) In a remote canyon.
5. What is Mary Landon's occupation?
(a) A quilter.
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) An auctioneer.
(d) An accountant.
6. What kind of car is the killer driving?
(a) A Plymouth.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Chevrolet.
(d) A Ford.
7. What is listed as the cause of Emerson Charley's death?
(d) Drug overdose.
8. When Wolf is leaving town after shooting Chee, where does he dump his car?
(a) In a parking garage.
(b) At the airport.
(c) At a mall.
(d) At a mechanic's garage.
9. According to Pueblo tradition, how many days do Pueblos have to bury their dead?
10. How does Wolf kill the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor?
(a) Wolf shoots the person.
(b) Wolf strangles the person.
(c) Wolf breaks the person's neck.
(d) Wolf stabs the person.
11. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what does Chee explain to Mary?
(a) His FBI opportunity.
(b) Vines' attitude.
(c) Indian lore.
(d) His childhood.
12. What does Chee find when he examines Emerson Charley's clothing?
(a) An amulet.
(b) A watch.
(c) A key.
(d) A picture.
13. When Chee and Mary return to Huff's office, who do they learn has been trying to reach Chee?
(a) The Checkers office.
(b) Sena's office.
(c) The Grants office.
(d) The Crownpoint office.
14. How does Wolf travel to his first destination after he leaves town following Chee's shooting?
15. Who approaches as Wolf reaches Chee's floor?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A patient.
(c) A volunteer.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley tell Chee was in the missing box?
2. How old is Randolph Charley?
3. When Wolf calls Chee's station from the road, whom does Wolf pretend to be?
4. According to the roustabout's sister-in-law, from what did Tsossie die?
5. After Chee has surgery to remove the bullet, who is in Chee's hospital room when he wakes up?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)