|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
2. When Chee has trouble sleeping and questions a nurse about what happens when a patient dies, what nickname does Chee give to the nurse?
3. When Chee realizes that the killer is in the hospital, where does Chee hide?
(a) In the morgue.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the crawl space.
(d) Under the bed.
4. When Wolf is approached by someone as Wolf reaches Chee's floor, by what name does Wolf introduce himself?
(a) Dr. Ray.
(b) Dr. Martin.
(c) Dr. Duncan.
(d) Dr. Colby.
5. What kind of car is the killer driving?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Chevrolet.
(d) A Plymouth.
6. Where does Wolf initially go when he leaves town after shooting Chee?
7. What is the name of the final roustabout's relative?
(a) Rennie Musket.
(b) Raven Musket.
(c) Rachel Musket.
(d) Ramona Musket.
8. When Chee wakes up in his hospital room, what program is showing, albeit without the sound, on the television in Chee's hospital room?
(b) "Wheel of Fortune."
(d) "Hollywood Squares."
9. After shooting Chee, what does the killer do before driving away?
(a) Blows up Chee's truck.
(b) Finishes Chee off.
(c) Kidnaps Mary.
(d) Kills Mary.
10. In Chapter 25, whom do Chee and Mary visit?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A doctor.
11. According to the roustabout's sister, what happened to several of the men after the explosion?
(a) They became ill.
(b) They had visions.
(c) They began drinking.
(d) They heard voices.
12. According to the roustabout's sister, who did the people believe was responsible for what happened to several of the roustabouts after the explosion?
(a) Emerson Charley.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) A prankster.
(d) A witch.
13. How does Wolf kill the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor?
(a) Wolf shoots the person.
(b) Wolf breaks the person's neck.
(c) Wolf stabs the person.
(d) Wolf strangles the person.
14. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many employees from the explosives company were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
15. Who approaches as Wolf reaches Chee's floor?
(a) A patient.
(b) A volunteer.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolf hate because it makes him feel exposed and vulnerable?
2. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
3. What is the name of the person Chee and Mary visit with in Chapter 25?
4. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
5. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)