|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charley tell Chee was in the missing box?
(a) Black rocks.
(b) Black cards.
(c) Black necklaces.
(d) Black diamonds.
2. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
(a) A witch doctor.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) An epidemiologist.
(d) A surgeon.
3. What hospital room is Jim Chee in?
4. What is Mary Landon's occupation?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A quilter.
(d) An auctioneer.
5. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many roustabouts were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
6. What kind of car is the killer driving?
(a) A Chevrolet.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Plymouth.
7. What do Navajos typically carry in their leather pouches?
(b) Ritual tools.
(c) Ceremonial stuff.
8. According to the FBI agent who visits Chee at the hospital, for how long has the FBI been looking into the killer?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
9. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, where does he first head after entering the building?
(a) The doctors' lounge.
(b) The parking garage.
(c) Chee's room.
(d) The morgue.
10. Who visits Chee after the Albuquerque police officer leaves Chee's hospital room?
(a) Agent Martin.
(b) Agent Colby.
(c) Agent Rogers.
(d) Agent Jones.
11. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, whom do they find instead?
(a) The roustabout's mother.
(b) The roustabout's aunt.
(c) The roustabout's sister-in-law.
(d) The roustabout's sister.
12. What is Dine'estse-tle?
(a) The protector spirit of the heavens.
(b) The protector spirit of the underworld.
(c) The hunting spirit of the heavens.
(d) The hunting spirit of the underworld.
13. What is the name of the geologist originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
(a) Carl Lebeck.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Martin Jones.
(d) Curtis Russell.
14. What does Wolf need to pick up at the location to where he is ultimately headed?
(a) His mother.
(b) His truck.
(c) His money.
(d) His gun.
15. What is the name of the person Chee and Mary visit with in Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, whom do Chee and Mary visit?
2. When Wolf calls Chee's station from the road, whom does Wolf pretend to be?
3. What do Mary and Chee plan to do after retrieving the missing box from the malpais?
4. When Chee has trouble sleeping and questions a nurse about what happens when a patient dies, what nickname does Chee give to the nurse?
5. What does Chee find when he examines Emerson Charley's clothing?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)