|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
(a) Through the gift shop.
(b) Through Western Union.
(c) Through the newspaper.
(d) Through the nurses' station.
2. When Chee asks Mary to leave town, she refuses. What does Mary insist on doing instead?
(a) Helping Chee bury the body found in the malpais.
(b) Helping Chee recover from his wounds.
(c) Helping Chee bait the killer.
(d) Helping Chee with the investigation.
3. According to the conversation that takes place in Chee's hospital room, who believes that Dillon Charley is responsible for the oil well explosion?
(a) Colton Wolf.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Mary Landon.
(d) Gordo Sena.
4. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, where does he first head after entering the building?
(a) The doctors' lounge.
(b) The parking garage.
(c) The morgue.
(d) Chee's room.
5. What does Wolf need to pick up at the location to where he is ultimately headed?
(a) His truck.
(b) His mother.
(c) His money.
(d) His gun.
6. Who sees the Wolf talking to the person Wolf is about to kill?
(a) Gordo Sena.
(b) Jim Chee.
(c) Mary Landon.
(d) Marcus Colby.
7. According to the roustabout's sister, who did the people believe was responsible for what happened to several of the roustabouts after the explosion?
(a) Emerson Charley.
(b) A prankster.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) A witch.
8. Literally, what does "malpais" mean?
(a) Flat land.
(b) Dry country.
(c) Bad country.
(d) Barren land.
9. Where does Wolf initially go when he leaves town after shooting Chee?
10. What does Wolf hate because it makes him feel exposed and vulnerable?
11. What does Charley tell Chee was in the missing box?
(a) Black cards.
(b) Black necklaces.
(c) Black diamonds.
(d) Black rocks.
12. When Chee has trouble sleeping, how does Chee get into the area he's trying to access?
(a) Through the ceiling.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through the door.
(d) Through a wall hatch.
13. Who is Sherman Huff?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) An epidemiologist.
(c) A witch doctor.
(d) A sergeant.
14. As Wolf begins driving around Grant, what does he have with him?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A police band radio.
(c) A two-way radio.
(d) A taxi sign.
15. According to the FBI agent who visits Chee at the hospital, for how long has the FBI been looking into the killer?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wolf is approached by someone as Wolf reaches Chee's floor, by what name does Wolf introduce himself?
2. What is the name of the cop from the Albuquerque Police Department who visits Chee in his hospital room?
3. When Chee realizes that the killer is in the hospital, where does Chee hide?
4. In Chapter 25, whom do Chee and Mary visit?
5. According to the person Chee and Mary next visit, how is cancer tracked?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)