|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee wakes up in his hospital room, what program is showing, albeit without the sound, on the television in Chee's hospital room?
(b) "Wheel of Fortune."
(c) "Hollywood Squares."
2. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
(a) Through the newspaper.
(b) Through Western Union.
(c) Through the nurses' station.
(d) Through the gift shop.
3. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many roustabouts were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
4. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
5. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
6. What is the name of the person Chee and Mary visit with in Chapter 25?
7. According to the conversation that takes place in Chee's hospital room, who believes that Dillon Charley is responsible for the oil well explosion?
(a) Mary Landon.
(b) Colton Wolf.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Marcus Colby.
8. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many employees from the explosives company were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
9. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
(a) A witch doctor.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) An epidemiologist.
10. When Chee has trouble sleeping, how does Chee get into the area he's trying to access?
(a) Through the ceiling.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through the door.
(d) Through a wall hatch.
11. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, what does he do before entering the building?
(a) Removes several light bulbs.
(b) Checks the parking lots.
(c) Parks behind the ambulance bay.
(d) Steals a getaway car.
12. According to the roustabout's sister-in-law, from what did Tsossie die?
(a) Liver failure.
(c) Corpse sickness.
13. When Chee realizes that the killer is in the hospital, where does Chee hide?
(a) In the morgue.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the crawl space.
(d) In the bathroom.
14. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
(a) Ten miles per hour.
(b) Two miles per hour.
(c) Eight miles per hour.
(d) Five miles per hour.
15. When Chee and Mary return to Huff's office, who do they learn has been trying to reach Chee?
(a) The Checkers office.
(b) Sena's office.
(c) The Grants office.
(d) The Crownpoint office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Chee find in Emerson Charley's wallet?
2. Who is Sherman Huff?
3. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
4. What is the name of the geologist originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
5. What does Chee find when he examines Emerson Charley's clothing?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)