|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After shooting Chee, what does the killer do before driving away?
(a) Finishes Chee off.
(b) Kills Mary.
(c) Kidnaps Mary.
(d) Blows up Chee's truck.
2. According to the woman Chee finds, where is the final roustabout's body located?
(a) In a remote canyon.
(b) Just beyond the town limits.
(c) In the malpais.
(d) Behind the peyote church.
3. How old is Randolph Charley?
4. In Chapter 25, whom do Chee and Mary visit?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A private investigator.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
5. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many roustabouts were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
6. What do Chee and Mary discuss on the way to visit the sister of one of the roustabouts?
(a) The likelihood of Vines being behind the explosion.
(b) The chances Wolf will make another attempt on their lives.
(c) The chances they will find any of the roustabouts alive.
(d) The likelihood of Sena being behind the explosion.
7. Who visits Chee after the Albuquerque police officer leaves Chee's hospital room?
(a) Agent Rogers.
(b) Agent Colby.
(c) Agent Martin.
(d) Agent Jones.
8. When Chee wakes up in his hospital room, what program is showing, albeit without the sound, on the television in Chee's hospital room?
(c) "Hollywood Squares."
(d) "Wheel of Fortune."
9. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
10. What does Wolf hate because it makes him feel exposed and vulnerable?
11. According to what Chee has heard, who gave each of the roustabouts the same thing Chee finds in Emerson's clothing?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) B.J. Vines.
12. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
(a) Through the gift shop.
(b) Through Western Union.
(c) Through the nurses' station.
(d) Through the newspaper.
13. What is listed as the cause of Emerson Charley's death?
(b) Drug overdose.
14. What is the name of the geologist originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
(a) Curtis Russell.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Carl Lebeck.
(d) Martin Jones.
15. What hospital room is Jim Chee in?
Short Answer Questions
1. After he shoots Chee, where is Wolf ultimately headed?
2. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what do Mary and Chee find?
3. When Wolf calls Chee's station from the road, whom does Wolf pretend to be?
4. What does Charley tell Chee was in the missing box?
5. What is the name of the final roustabout's relative?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)