|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chee shot by the killer?
(a) In the neck.
(b) In the back.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the chest.
2. After shooting Chee, what does the killer do before driving away?
(a) Kills Mary.
(b) Blows up Chee's truck.
(c) Finishes Chee off.
(d) Kidnaps Mary.
3. Who is Sherman Huff?
(a) A sergeant.
(b) A surgeon.
(c) An epidemiologist.
(d) A witch doctor.
4. When Wolf calls Chee's station from the road, whom does Wolf pretend to be?
(a) Chee's uncle.
(b) Chee's brother.
(c) An old friend.
(d) An FBI agent.
5. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many employees from the explosives company were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
6. How does Wolf kill the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor?
(a) Wolf strangles the person.
(b) Wolf breaks the person's neck.
(c) Wolf shoots the person.
(d) Wolf stabs the person.
7. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many roustabouts were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
8. What is Dine'estse-tle?
(a) The hunting spirit of the heavens.
(b) The protector spirit of the heavens.
(c) The protector spirit of the underworld.
(d) The hunting spirit of the underworld.
9. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
(a) A witch doctor.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) An epidemiologist.
(d) A surgeon.
10. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
(a) Lying makes people nervous.
(b) Lying makes people sweat.
(c) Lying makes people shift their eyes.
(d) Lying makes people grin.
11. How does Wolf travel to his first destination after he leaves town following Chee's shooting?
12. According to the roustabout's sister-in-law, from what did Tsossie die?
(a) Liver failure.
(d) Corpse sickness.
13. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many people were originally believed to have died in the explosion?
14. According to Pueblo tradition, how many days do Pueblos have to bury their dead?
15. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
Short Answer Questions
1. Literally, what does "malpais" mean?
2. When Wolf is approached by someone as Wolf reaches Chee's floor, by what name does Wolf introduce himself?
3. What do Navajos typically carry in their leather pouches?
4. What is the name of the final roustabout's relative?
5. How old is Randolph Charley?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)