|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
(a) Lying makes people grin.
(b) Lying makes people nervous.
(c) Lying makes people sweat.
(d) Lying makes people shift their eyes.
2. What does Chee find when he examines Emerson Charley's clothing?
(a) A watch.
(b) A picture.
(c) An amulet.
(d) A key.
3. When Chee asks Mary to leave town, she refuses. What does Mary insist on doing instead?
(a) Helping Chee with the investigation.
(b) Helping Chee recover from his wounds.
(c) Helping Chee bait the killer.
(d) Helping Chee bury the body found in the malpais.
4. Who sees the Wolf talking to the person Wolf is about to kill?
(a) Mary Landon.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Jim Chee.
(d) Gordo Sena.
5. How much money does Chee find in Emerson Charley's wallet?
6. What does Wolf need to pick up at the location to where he is ultimately headed?
(a) His truck.
(b) His money.
(c) His gun.
(d) His mother.
7. According to the conversation that takes place in Chee's hospital room, who believes that Dillon Charley is responsible for the oil well explosion?
(a) Colton Wolf.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) Mary Landon.
(d) Marcus Colby.
8. In Chapter 25, whom do Chee and Mary visit?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) A lawyer.
9. Who visits Chee after the Albuquerque police officer leaves Chee's hospital room?
(a) Agent Jones.
(b) Agent Rogers.
(c) Agent Martin.
(d) Agent Colby.
10. How old is Randolph Charley?
11. According to the person Chee and Mary next visit, how is cancer tracked?
(a) On microfiche.
(b) City by city.
(c) Hospital by hospital.
(d) On computer.
12. According to the roustabout's sister-in-law, from what did Tsossie die?
(c) Corpse sickness.
(d) Liver failure.
13. How does Wolf travel to his final destination after he leaves town following Chee's shooting?
14. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many people were originally believed to have died in the explosion?
15. When Wolf calls Chee's station from the road, whom does Wolf pretend to be?
(a) An old friend.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) Chee's brother.
(d) Chee's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hospital room is Jim Chee in?
2. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
3. As Wolf begins driving around Grant, what does he have with him?
4. What is the name of the person Chee and Mary visit with in Chapter 25?
5. After shooting Chee, what does the killer do before driving away?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)