|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, where does he first head after entering the building?
(a) The parking garage.
(b) The doctors' lounge.
(c) Chee's room.
(d) The morgue.
2. When Wolf is approached by someone as Wolf reaches Chee's floor, by what name does Wolf introduce himself?
(a) Dr. Martin.
(b) Dr. Ray.
(c) Dr. Duncan.
(d) Dr. Colby.
3. What is the name of the geologist originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
(a) Carl Lebeck.
(b) Martin Jones.
(c) Curtis Russell.
(d) Marcus Colby.
4. About how long is Chee in his hiding place before realizing the killer has left?
(a) Three minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Eight minutes.
5. When Chee is released from the hospital, where is the first place he and Mary plan to go?
(a) The quilt auction.
(b) The library.
(c) The malpais.
(d) The tribal police station.
6. How does Wolf kill the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor?
(a) Wolf strangles the person.
(b) Wolf stabs the person.
(c) Wolf shoots the person.
(d) Wolf breaks the person's neck.
7. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
8. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
(a) Through Western Union.
(b) Through the newspaper.
(c) Through the gift shop.
(d) Through the nurses' station.
9. According to the person Chee and Mary visit, what is the case rate for leukemic diseases?
(a) 3 in 100,000.
(b) 5 in 20,000.
(c) 5 in 50,000.
(d) 3 in 10,000.
10. In Chapter 25, whom do Chee and Mary visit?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A private investigator.
11. How does Wolf travel to his first destination after he leaves town following Chee's shooting?
12. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
13. After he shoots Chee, where is Wolf ultimately headed?
14. Where does Wolf initially go when he leaves town after shooting Chee?
15. What do Chee and Mary discuss on the way to visit the sister of one of the roustabouts?
(a) The chances they will find any of the roustabouts alive.
(b) The likelihood of Vines being behind the explosion.
(c) The chances Wolf will make another attempt on their lives.
(d) The likelihood of Sena being behind the explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees the Wolf talking to the person Wolf is about to kill?
2. What hospital room is Jim Chee in?
3. What do Mary and Chee plan to do after retrieving the missing box from the malpais?
4. When Chee asks Mary to leave town, she refuses. What does Mary insist on doing instead?
5. After Chee yells at Mary to run, what does Mary manage to get from the truck?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)