|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mary and Chee plan to do after retrieving the missing box from the malpais?
(b) Call Vines.
(c) Arrest Tomas.
2. When Chee realizes that the killer is in the hospital, where does Chee hide?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In the morgue.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the crawl space.
3. According to the conversation that takes place in Chee's hospital room, who believes that Dillon Charley is responsible for the oil well explosion?
(a) Marcus Colby.
(b) Mary Landon.
(c) Colton Wolf.
(d) Gordo Sena.
4. According to what Chee has heard, who gave each of the roustabouts the same thing Chee finds in Emerson's clothing?
(a) Marcus Colby.
(b) Dillon Charley.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) B.J. Vines.
5. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
(a) Through the gift shop.
(b) Through the newspaper.
(c) Through Western Union.
(d) Through the nurses' station.
6. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
(a) A witch doctor.
(b) An epidemiologist.
(c) A sergeant.
(d) A surgeon.
7. According to the FBI agent who visits Chee at the hospital, for how long has the FBI been looking into the killer?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
8. When Chee has trouble sleeping, how does Chee get into the area he's trying to access?
(a) Through the door.
(b) Through the ceiling.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through a wall hatch.
9. When Chee asks Mary to leave town, she refuses. What does Mary insist on doing instead?
(a) Helping Chee bait the killer.
(b) Helping Chee with the investigation.
(c) Helping Chee recover from his wounds.
(d) Helping Chee bury the body found in the malpais.
10. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what does Chee explain to Mary?
(a) His childhood.
(b) Vines' attitude.
(c) His FBI opportunity.
(d) Indian lore.
11. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, where do they find his relative?
(a) At the lab.
(b) At the police station.
(c) At the peyote church.
(d) At the hospital.
12. What do Navajos typically carry in their leather pouches?
(a) Ceremonial stuff.
(b) Ritual tools.
13. When Chee and Mary return to Huff's office, who do they learn has been trying to reach Chee?
(a) The Crownpoint office.
(b) The Grants office.
(c) The Checkers office.
(d) Sena's office.
14. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
(a) Eight miles per hour.
(b) Ten miles per hour.
(c) Two miles per hour.
(d) Five miles per hour.
15. How does Wolf travel to his final destination after he leaves town following Chee's shooting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is listed as the cause of Emerson Charley's death?
2. Where is Chee shot by the killer?
3. What does Wolf hate because it makes him feel exposed and vulnerable?
4. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, what does he do before entering the building?
5. How does Wolf kill the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)