|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After shooting Chee, what does the killer do before driving away?
(a) Finishes Chee off.
(b) Kills Mary.
(c) Blows up Chee's truck.
(d) Kidnaps Mary.
2. When Wolf is leaving town after shooting Chee, where does he dump his car?
(a) At the airport.
(b) At a mechanic's garage.
(c) At a mall.
(d) In a parking garage.
3. When Chee asks Mary to leave town, she refuses. What does Mary insist on doing instead?
(a) Helping Chee with the investigation.
(b) Helping Chee recover from his wounds.
(c) Helping Chee bury the body found in the malpais.
(d) Helping Chee bait the killer.
4. What kind of car is the killer driving?
(a) A Chevrolet.
(b) A Ford.
(c) A Buick.
(d) A Plymouth.
5. According to the roustabout's sister, who did the people believe was responsible for what happened to several of the roustabouts after the explosion?
(a) A prankster.
(b) A witch.
(c) Emerson Charley.
(d) Gordo Sena.
6. When Wolf arrives at the hospital, where does he first head after entering the building?
(a) The morgue.
(b) The parking garage.
(c) Chee's room.
(d) The doctors' lounge.
7. According to the person Chee and Mary next visit, how is cancer tracked?
(a) On microfiche.
(b) Hospital by hospital.
(c) City by city.
(d) On computer.
8. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
(a) Eight miles per hour.
(b) Two miles per hour.
(c) Ten miles per hour.
(d) Five miles per hour.
9. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
(a) Lying makes people grin.
(b) Lying makes people nervous.
(c) Lying makes people sweat.
(d) Lying makes people shift their eyes.
10. What is the name of the final roustabout's relative?
(a) Rachel Musket.
(b) Ramona Musket.
(c) Raven Musket.
(d) Rennie Musket.
11. Where is Chee shot by the killer?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the chest.
12. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
13. When Wolf calls Chee's station from the road, whom does Wolf pretend to be?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) Chee's brother.
(c) Chee's uncle.
(d) An old friend.
14. How does Colton Wolf confirm that Jim Chee has checked out of the hospital?
(a) Through the gift shop.
(b) Through Western Union.
(c) Through the nurses' station.
(d) Through the newspaper.
15. How does Wolf kill the person who approaches him as he reaches Chee's floor?
(a) Wolf shoots the person.
(b) Wolf stabs the person.
(c) Wolf breaks the person's neck.
(d) Wolf strangles the person.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee has trouble sleeping and questions a nurse about what happens when a patient dies, what nickname does Chee give to the nurse?
2. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what does Chee explain to Mary?
3. Where does Wolf initially go when he leaves town after shooting Chee?
4. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what do Mary and Chee find?
5. According to the conversation that takes place in Chee's hospital room, who believes that Dillon Charley is responsible for the oil well explosion?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)