|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Chee and Mary discuss on the way to visit the sister of one of the roustabouts?
(a) The likelihood of Sena being behind the explosion.
(b) The chances Wolf will make another attempt on their lives.
(c) The likelihood of Vines being behind the explosion.
(d) The chances they will find any of the roustabouts alive.
2. When Chee wakes up in his hospital room, what program is showing, albeit without the sound, on the television in Chee's hospital room?
(a) "Wheel of Fortune."
(c) "Hollywood Squares."
3. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
4. What do Navajos typically carry in their leather pouches?
(a) Ceremonial stuff.
(c) Ritual tools.
5. When Chee and Mary cannot locate the final roustabout, where do they find his relative?
(a) At the peyote church.
(b) At the lab.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At the hospital.
6. What is the name of the final roustabout's relative?
(a) Raven Musket.
(b) Rachel Musket.
(c) Ramona Musket.
(d) Rennie Musket.
7. Literally, what does "malpais" mean?
(a) Barren land.
(b) Bad country.
(c) Dry country.
(d) Flat land.
8. How old is Randolph Charley?
9. According to the roustabout's sister, what happened to several of the men after the explosion?
(a) They became ill.
(b) They began drinking.
(c) They heard voices.
(d) They had visions.
10. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) A witch doctor.
(c) An epidemiologist.
(d) A sergeant.
11. According to the woman Chee finds, where is the final roustabout's body located?
(a) In the malpais.
(b) Just beyond the town limits.
(c) Behind the peyote church.
(d) In a remote canyon.
12. According to what Chee has heard, who gave each of the roustabouts the same thing Chee finds in Emerson's clothing?
(a) Gordo Sena.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Dillon Charley.
(d) B.J. Vines.
13. What is Mary Landon's occupation?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) An accountant.
(c) An auctioneer.
(d) A quilter.
14. When Wolf is approached by someone as Wolf reaches Chee's floor, by what name does Wolf introduce himself?
(a) Dr. Colby.
(b) Dr. Duncan.
(c) Dr. Martin.
(d) Dr. Ray.
15. About how long is Chee in his hiding place before realizing the killer has left?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Eight minutes.
(d) Three minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
2. Where is Chee shot by the killer?
3. As Wolf drives away from the malpais, how much over the speed limit does Wolf drive?
4. After Chee has surgery to remove the bullet, who is in Chee's hospital room when he wakes up?
5. According to the roustabout's sister-in-law, from what did Tsossie die?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)