|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the roustabout's sister, who did the people believe was responsible for what happened to several of the roustabouts after the explosion?
(a) A prankster.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) A witch.
(d) Emerson Charley.
2. What do Mary and Chee plan to do after retrieving the missing box from the malpais?
(c) Arrest Tomas.
(d) Call Vines.
3. When Chee asks Mary to leave town, she refuses. What does Mary insist on doing instead?
(a) Helping Chee with the investigation.
(b) Helping Chee bait the killer.
(c) Helping Chee recover from his wounds.
(d) Helping Chee bury the body found in the malpais.
4. Why does Chee always watch the face of the people he is questioning?
(a) Lying makes people shift their eyes.
(b) Lying makes people nervous.
(c) Lying makes people grin.
(d) Lying makes people sweat.
5. What is the name of the final roustabout's relative?
(a) Rachel Musket.
(b) Rennie Musket.
(c) Ramona Musket.
(d) Raven Musket.
6. What does Charley tell Chee was in the missing box?
(a) Black cards.
(b) Black necklaces.
(c) Black diamonds.
(d) Black rocks.
7. When Chee is released from the hospital, where is the first place he and Mary plan to go?
(a) The library.
(b) The malpais.
(c) The quilt auction.
(d) The tribal police station.
8. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
9. According to the person Chee and Mary next visit, how is cancer tracked?
(a) On computer.
(b) Hospital by hospital.
(c) City by city.
(d) On microfiche.
10. When Chee realizes that the killer is in the hospital, where does Chee hide?
(a) In the crawl space.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the morgue.
11. What do Navajos typically carry in their leather pouches?
(a) Ritual tools.
(c) Ceremonial stuff.
12. As Wolf begins driving around Grant, what does he have with him?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A police band radio.
(c) A taxi sign.
(d) A two-way radio.
13. When Chee has trouble sleeping, where does Chee go when he sneaks out of his hospital room?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The doctors' lounge.
(c) The gift shop.
(d) The morgue.
14. Who is Sherman Huff?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) A witch doctor.
(d) An epidemiologist.
15. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many people were originally believed to have died in the explosion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car is the killer driving?
2. What does Wolf hate because it makes him feel exposed and vulnerable?
3. Who approaches as Wolf reaches Chee's floor?
4. When Chee has trouble sleeping and questions a nurse about what happens when a patient dies, what nickname does Chee give to the nurse?
5. What does Chee learn when he returns the call after leaving Huff's office?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)