|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the nurse Chee talks to, what color bags are the clothing and effects of the deceased placed into?
2. What is Dine'estse-tle?
(a) The protector spirit of the underworld.
(b) The hunting spirit of the underworld.
(c) The hunting spirit of the heavens.
(d) The protector spirit of the heavens.
3. Who approaches as Wolf reaches Chee's floor?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A volunteer.
(d) A patient.
4. As Wolf begins driving around Grant, what does he have with him?
(a) A two-way radio.
(b) A police band radio.
(c) A taxi sign.
(d) A cell phone.
5. When Chee wakes up in his hospital room, what program is showing, albeit without the sound, on the television in Chee's hospital room?
(a) "Wheel of Fortune."
(b) "Hollywood Squares."
6. According to the FBI agent who visits Chee at the hospital, for how long has the FBI been looking into the killer?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Eight years.
7. As Mary and Chee walk to the area where the missing box is supposed to be, what does Chee explain to Mary?
(a) His FBI opportunity.
(b) Vines' attitude.
(c) Indian lore.
(d) His childhood.
8. What does Charley tell Chee was in the missing box?
(a) Black rocks.
(b) Black necklaces.
(c) Black diamonds.
(d) Black cards.
9. What is the name of the cop from the Albuquerque Police Department who visits Chee in his hospital room?
(a) Officer Hunt.
(b) Officer Colby.
(c) Officer Marlow.
(d) Officer Raines.
10. How much money does Chee find in Emerson Charley's wallet?
11. Who sees the Wolf talking to the person Wolf is about to kill?
(a) Marcus Colby.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) Jim Chee.
(d) Mary Landon.
12. What is listed as the cause of Emerson Charley's death?
(d) Drug overdose.
13. Literally, what does "malpais" mean?
(a) Dry country.
(b) Barren land.
(c) Bad country.
(d) Flat land.
14. What does Wolf hate because it makes him feel exposed and vulnerable?
15. According to the newspaper articles Chee and Mary read at the library, how many oil company employees were originally thought to have been killed in the oil well explosion?
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning Emerson Charley's cause of death, whom do Chee and Mary visit next?
2. What do Navajos typically carry in their leather pouches?
3. How does Wolf travel to his final destination after he leaves town following Chee's shooting?
4. What does Wolf need to pick up at the location to where he is ultimately headed?
5. What kind of car is the killer driving?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)