|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A second man pulls into the lot and parks his car illegally while the bacteriologist watches. What kind of car is the second man driving?
(a) A gray Chevrolet.
(b) A blue Buick.
(c) A green Ford.
(d) A tan Nissan.
2. According to Chee's predecessor, how did Dillon Charley get involved with B.J. Vines?
3. What is the name of Sena's brother killed in the explosion?
4. What is the name of the clan to which Chee belongs?
(a) The Fast Talking Dinee.
(b) The Fast Walking Dinee.
(c) The Slow Talking Dinee.
(d) The Slow Walking Dinee.
5. At the time of the explosion, who was the peyote chief?
(a) B.J. Vines.
(b) Emerson Charley.
(c) Tomas Charley.
(d) Dillon Charley.
6. How does B.J. Vines believe the thief got into the wall safe?
(a) A pry bar.
(b) A key.
(c) A combination lock.
(d) A hammer.
7. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
8. At this point in his investigation, who does Chee believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
(a) Rosemary Vines.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Tomas Charley.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 8 as Colton Wolf waits, from whom does Wolf receive a letter?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) A private investigator.
(c) A restaurant owner.
(d) The association president.
10. How much is the check that Chee is given for his trouble regarding the box?
11. What is Colton Wolf's hobby?
(a) Building model ships.
(b) Building model trains.
(c) Building model planes.
(d) Building model cars.
12. What does the second man put into the bed of the truck?
(a) A grocery bag.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A suitcase.
13. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
14. What kind of car does Jim Chee drive?
(a) A Honda.
(b) A Ford.
(c) A Chevrolet.
(d) A Toyota.
15. To what university campus does Wolf eventually drive after leaving his trailer?
(a) Florida State University.
(b) The University of Arizona.
(c) Colorado State University.
(d) The University of New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what agency does the bacteriologist at the beginning of the novel work?
2. How does Chee's predecessor characterize Dillon Charley's son?
3. According to the rumor Chee heard, who had designed the Vines' home?
4. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
5. According to Mrs. Vines, who stole the missing box?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)