|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who illegally parked his truck leave in the truck?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) His wife.
(c) His keys.
(d) His phone.
2. During her second year at the lab, what did the bacteriologist begin bringing in with her?
(c) Parking passes.
(d) Tube socks.
3. To whom does Colton Wolf talk at the hospital to confirm the information he received during the cautious phone call?
(a) Mrs. Byers.
(b) Mrs. Cryer.
(c) Mrs. Dwyer.
(d) Mrs. Myers.
4. Under what name does Colton Wolf rent the vehicle he gets once he leaves his trailer?
(a) James Nothan.
(b) Benjamin Rhodes.
(c) Terry Fox.
(d) Charles Minton.
5. About when did the explosion at the oil well occur?
6. According to Chee's predecessor, who might have taken the missing box from the Vines home?
(a) Colton Wolf.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) Tomas Charley.
(d) Emerson Charley.
7. What is the name of the clan to which Chee belongs?
(a) The Slow Walking Dinee.
(b) The Fast Walking Dinee.
(c) The Fast Talking Dinee.
(d) The Slow Talking Dinee.
8. As Chee and Mary leave the auction, who is talking to the person Chee needed to track down?
(a) A blond man.
(b) A sheriff.
(c) An auctioneer.
(d) A tribal police officer.
9. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
(a) Five days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Seven days.
10. What award did B.J. Vines win for hunting?
(a) The Rough Rider Trophy.
(b) The Cannerson Trophy.
(c) The Stalker Trophy.
(d) The Weatherby Trophy.
11. When Wolf makes a cautious phone call, how does the person answering the phone identify himself?
12. According to Rosemary Vines, what do the Navajos in the area think B.J. is?
(a) A witch.
(b) A thief.
(c) A liar.
(d) A swindler.
13. For what agency does the bacteriologist at the beginning of the novel work?
(a) Centers for Disease Control.
(b) Cancer Research and Treatment Center.
(c) St. Jude's Research Hospital
(d) National Institutes of Health.
14. What is Colton Wolf's occupation?
(a) A thief.
(b) An assassin.
(c) An embezzler.
(d) A spy.
15. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
Short Answer Questions
1. With the exception of B.J. Vines, who is the only other person to have ever looked inside the missing box?
2. According to what B.J. tells Chee, when did the trouble between Sena and Vines start?
3. According to what Chee is told by his caller, who does the caller believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
4. How does B.J. Vines believe the thief got into the wall safe?
5. Where was B.J. Vines when he got sick and had to be flown to a hospital?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)