|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rosemary Vines, what do the Navajos in the area think B.J. is?
(a) A liar.
(b) A swindler.
(c) A thief.
(d) A witch.
2. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
3. How long has Colton Wolf been paying the man who sent Wolf the letter?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
4. Where does Captain Leaphorn work?
(a) At the Grants substation.
(b) At the Warrick substation.
(c) At the Checkers substation.
(d) At the Chinle substation.
5. What name is on the white cotton coat that Wolf takes with him as he leaves his trailer?
(a) End of Times Mortuary.
(b) Strongthorne Mortuary.
(c) Stronghope Mortuary.
(d) End Days Mortuary.
6. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
7. According to Chee's predecessor, whose relationship with the tribal police was destroyed after the oil well explosion?
(a) B.J. Vines.
(b) Dillon Charley.
(c) Henry Becenti.
(d) Gordo Sena.
8. Whose tombstone stands just off from the Vines' garage?
(a) Sarah Vines.
(b) Dillon Charley.
(c) Benjamin Vines.
(d) Emerson Charley.
9. When Vines supported another candidate for sheriff who beat Sena, how long was Sena out of office?
(a) Four terms.
(b) Three terms.
(c) Two terms.
(d) One term.
10. Under what name does Colton Wolf rent the vehicle he gets once he leaves his trailer?
(a) Benjamin Rhodes.
(b) Charles Minton.
(c) James Nothan.
(d) Terry Fox.
11. As Chee and Mary leave the auction, who is talking to the person Chee needed to track down?
(a) A tribal police officer.
(b) A sheriff.
(c) A blond man.
(d) An auctioneer.
12. As Chapter 8 opens, where is Colton Wolf?
(a) In his car.
(b) In his trailer.
(c) On a plane.
(d) On a train.
13. As Chee drives into the desert, for whose home is Chee looking?
(a) Marcus Colby.
(b) Tomas Charley.
(c) Emerson Charley.
(d) Colton Wolf.
14. To what university campus does Wolf eventually drive after leaving his trailer?
(a) The University of Arizona.
(b) Colorado State University.
(c) The University of New Mexico.
(d) Florida State University.
15. What kind of car does Jim Chee drive?
(a) A Honda.
(b) A Ford.
(c) A Chevrolet.
(d) A Toyota.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second man put into the bed of the truck?
2. As the bacteriologist watches, a dirty truck parks illegally in the lot. What space does the truck pull into?
3. What does the word "Dinee" mean?
4. According to the tombstone, when had the person died?
5. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)