|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rosemary hires Chee to find the missing box, where is B.J. Vines?
(c) Fort Worth.
2. What award did B.J. Vines win for hunting?
(a) The Stalker Trophy.
(b) The Rough Rider Trophy.
(c) The Cannerson Trophy.
(d) The Weatherby Trophy.
3. Where does Captain Leaphorn work?
(a) At the Chinle substation.
(b) At the Warrick substation.
(c) At the Checkers substation.
(d) At the Grants substation.
4. For what agency does the bacteriologist at the beginning of the novel work?
(a) Cancer Research and Treatment Center.
(b) National Institutes of Health.
(c) Centers for Disease Control.
(d) St. Jude's Research Hospital
5. As Chapter 8 opens, where is Colton Wolf?
(a) In his car.
(b) On a plane.
(c) On a train.
(d) In his trailer.
6. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Five days.
7. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
(a) November 30.
(b) December 3.
(c) October 30.
(d) November 3.
8. How does B.J Vines characterize the oil well explosion?
(a) As a surprise.
(b) As a conspiracy.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) As an accident.
9. As Chapter 5 begins, Chee goes to visit his predecessor. Whom does Chee visit?
(a) Henry Becenti.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) B.J. Vines.
(d) Dillon Charley.
10. As Chee drives into the desert, for whose home is Chee looking?
(a) Colton Wolf.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Tomas Charley.
(d) Emerson Charley.
11. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
12. As the story opens, how long does Chee have before deciding whether to accept his appointment to the FBI?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
13. How long has Colton Wolf been paying the man who sent Wolf the letter?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
14. According to Mrs. Vines, who stole the missing box?
(a) The People of Darkness.
(b) The Skinwalker Clan.
(c) The Yataalii.
(d) The People of the Night.
15. According to Chee's predecessor, how did Dillon Charley get involved with B.J. Vines?
Short Answer Questions
1. With the exception of B.J. Vines, who is the only other person to have ever looked inside the missing box?
2. At the time of the explosion, who was the peyote chief?
3. Where did one of the men presumed dead in the explosion finally turn up?
4. While Chee isn't sure he believes in visions, what does Chee believe in?
5. As Chapter 8 opens, what is Colton Wolf doing?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)