|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did one of the men presumed dead in the explosion finally turn up?
(a) In Albuquerque.
(b) In Grants.
(c) In Dallas.
(d) In Checkers.
2. When Chee goes to his office after visiting his predecessor, who has been trying to contact Chee?
(a) B.J. Vines.
(b) Rosemary Vines.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Henry Becenti.
3. When Wolf makes a cautious phone call, how does the person answering the phone identify himself?
4. As Chee takes Mary home, whose truck is still parked in the auction's parking lot?
(a) Colton Wolf.
(b) Rosemary Vines.
(c) Tomas Charley.
(d) Marcus Colby.
5. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. To whom does Chee speak?
(a) The person's uncle.
(b) The person's son.
(c) The person's nephew.
(d) The person's aunt.
6. To what university campus does Wolf eventually drive after leaving his trailer?
(a) The University of New Mexico.
(b) The University of Arizona.
(c) Florida State University.
(d) Colorado State University.
7. What does Wolf do when he reaches the area where people normally dump their junk?
(a) Steals a license plate.
(b) Kills his target.
(c) Buries a body.
(d) Digs a hole.
8. What does Chee learn when he finally finds the person he is looking for?
(a) Rosemary Vines stole the box.
(b) Gordo Sena stole the box.
(c) B.J. Vines stole the box.
(d) Tomas Charley stole the box.
9. According to what Chee is told by his caller, who does the caller believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
(a) Rosemary Vines.
(b) Tomas Charley.
(c) Emerson Charley.
(d) Gordo Sena.
10. What is Jim Chee studying to become?
(a) A yodeler.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A medicine man.
11. After finishing with his interview, where does Chee invite Mary?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To coffee.
(d) To a concert.
12. What kind of car does Jim Chee drive?
(a) A Chevrolet.
(b) A Honda.
(c) A Toyota.
(d) A Ford.
13. When Vines supported another candidate for sheriff who beat Sena, how long was Sena out of office?
(a) One term.
(b) Four terms.
(c) Two terms.
(d) Three terms.
14. How much is the check that Chee is given for his trouble regarding the box?
15. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
(a) One day.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how much money did B.J. Vines sell the rights to his uranium find to Anaconda?
2. According to rumor, what was Sena's mother planning to leave to Sena's older brother?
3. What is the name of the mine from which the uranium is being mined?
4. While Chee isn't sure he believes in visions, what does Chee believe in?
5. As Rosemary questions Chee about his qualifications, how long has Chee been stationed at Crownpoint?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)