|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Captain Leaphorn work?
(a) At the Checkers substation.
(b) At the Warrick substation.
(c) At the Grants substation.
(d) At the Chinle substation.
2. What is the name of the local sheriff?
(a) Curtis Russell.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Carl Lebeck.
3. As Chapter 8 opens, where is Colton Wolf?
(a) In his trailer.
(b) On a train.
(c) On a plane.
(d) In his car.
4. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
(a) November 3.
(b) December 3.
(c) November 30.
(d) October 30.
5. During her second year at the lab, what did the bacteriologist begin bringing in with her?
(b) Parking passes.
(d) Tube socks.
6. For how much money did B.J. Vines sell the rights to his uranium find to Anaconda?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) Six million dollars.
(c) Eight million dollars.
(d) Ten million dollars.
7. What is the name of Sena's brother killed in the explosion?
8. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
(a) Five days.
(b) One day.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Three days.
9. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
10. As Rosemary questions Chee about his qualifications, how long has Chee been stationed at Crownpoint?
(a) About three months.
(b) About eighteen months.
(c) About three years.
(d) About one year.
11. How does Chee's predecessor characterize Dillon Charley's son?
12. As Chee talks with Rosemary, why is B.J. Vines in a hospital?
13. How long has Colton Wolf been paying the man who sent Wolf the letter?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
14. As Chapter 8 opens, in what state is Colton Wolf?
(c) New Mexico.
15. As the story opens, how long does Chee have before deciding whether to accept his appointment to the FBI?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Five weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the check that Chee is given for his trouble regarding the box?
2. With the exception of B.J. Vines, who is the only other person to have ever looked inside the missing box?
3. According to the tombstone, when had the person died?
4. A second man pulls into the lot and parks his car illegally while the bacteriologist watches. What kind of car is the second man driving?
5. Who placed the peyote chief under arrest after the oil well explosion?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)