|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finishing with his interview, where does Chee invite Mary?
(a) To coffee.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To a concert.
2. To whom does Colton Wolf talk at the hospital to confirm the information he received during the cautious phone call?
(a) Mrs. Byers.
(b) Mrs. Cryer.
(c) Mrs. Dwyer.
(d) Mrs. Myers.
3. As Chapter 5 begins, Chee goes to visit his predecessor. Whom does Chee visit?
(a) B.J. Vines.
(b) Henry Becenti.
(c) Dillon Charley.
(d) Gordo Sena.
4. While Chee isn't sure he believes in visions, what does Chee believe in?
5. As the bacteriologist watches, a dirty truck parks illegally in the lot. What space does the truck pull into?
(a) The Research Assistant's space.
(b) The Director's space.
(c) The Associate Director's space.
(d) The Senior Researcher's space.
6. Under what name does Colton Wolf rent the vehicle he gets once he leaves his trailer?
(a) James Nothan.
(b) Charles Minton.
(c) Benjamin Rhodes.
(d) Terry Fox.
7. When Wolf makes a cautious phone call, how does the person answering the phone identify himself?
8. On what campus is the bacteriologist's lab located?
(a) University of New Mexico.
(b) University of Tempe.
(c) University of Arizona.
(d) University of Colorado.
9. When Vines supported another candidate for sheriff who beat Sena, how long was Sena out of office?
(a) Three terms.
(b) Two terms.
(c) One term.
(d) Four terms.
10. About when did the explosion at the oil well occur?
11. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
12. Where does Captain Leaphorn work?
(a) At the Chinle substation.
(b) At the Checkers substation.
(c) At the Grants substation.
(d) At the Warrick substation.
13. When Rosemary hires Chee to find the missing box, where is B.J. Vines?
(a) Fort Worth.
14. According to Mrs. Vines, who stole the missing box?
(a) The People of Darkness.
(b) The Skinwalker Clan.
(c) The People of the Night.
(d) The Yataalii.
15. How does B.J Vines characterize the oil well explosion?
(a) As a surprise.
(b) As an accident.
(c) As a conspiracy.
(d) As a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. A second man pulls into the lot and parks his car illegally while the bacteriologist watches. What kind of car is the second man driving?
2. Who placed the peyote chief under arrest after the oil well explosion?
3. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
4. As Chee talks with Rosemary, why is B.J. Vines in a hospital?
5. For what agency does the bacteriologist at the beginning of the novel work?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)