|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chee's predecessor, whose relationship with the tribal police was destroyed after the oil well explosion?
(a) Henry Becenti.
(b) B.J. Vines.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Dillon Charley.
2. As the story opens, how long does Chee have before deciding whether to accept his appointment to the FBI?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) One week.
3. How much money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee as a retainer for his services?
4. According to what Rosemary Vines tells Chee, how did Dillon Charley die?
5. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
6. Where did one of the men presumed dead in the explosion finally turn up?
(a) In Dallas.
(b) In Checkers.
(c) In Albuquerque.
(d) In Grants.
7. What is the name of the local sheriff?
(a) Marcus Colby.
(b) Carl Lebeck.
(c) Curtis Russell.
(d) Gordo Sena.
8. About when did the explosion at the oil well occur?
9. A second man pulls into the lot and parks his car illegally while the bacteriologist watches. What kind of car is the second man driving?
(a) A tan Nissan.
(b) A green Ford.
(c) A gray Chevrolet.
(d) A blue Buick.
10. As Chapter 8 opens, where is Colton Wolf?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a plane.
(c) In his car.
(d) In his trailer.
11. How does Chee's predecessor characterize Dillon Charley's son?
12. As Chee talks with Rosemary, why is B.J. Vines in a hospital?
13. According to what Chee is told by his caller, who does the caller believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
(a) Rosemary Vines.
(b) Emerson Charley.
(c) Tomas Charley.
(d) Gordo Sena.
14. On what campus is the bacteriologist's lab located?
(a) University of Colorado.
(b) University of Arizona.
(c) University of Tempe.
(d) University of New Mexico.
15. During her second year at the lab, what did the bacteriologist begin bringing in with her?
(c) Parking passes.
(d) Tube socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Colton Wolf been paying the man who sent Wolf the letter?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8 as Colton Wolf waits, from whom does Wolf receive a letter?
3. With the exception of B.J. Vines, who is the only other person to have ever looked inside the missing box?
4. When Wolf makes a cautious phone call, how does the person answering the phone identify himself?
5. What does the man who illegally parked his truck leave in the truck?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)