|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Rosemary Vines tells Chee, how did Dillon Charley die?
2. On what campus is the bacteriologist's lab located?
(a) University of Tempe.
(b) University of Colorado.
(c) University of Arizona.
(d) University of New Mexico.
3. How much is the check that Chee is given for his trouble regarding the box?
4. As Chee and Mary leave the auction, who is talking to the person Chee needed to track down?
(a) A sheriff.
(b) A blond man.
(c) A tribal police officer.
(d) An auctioneer.
5. When the reader is first introduced to Jim Chee, what day is it?
(a) October 30.
(b) December 3.
(c) November 30.
(d) November 3.
6. During her second year at the lab, what did the bacteriologist begin bringing in with her?
(a) Parking passes.
(c) Tube socks.
7. What does the second man put into the bed of the truck?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A grocery bag.
(d) A briefcase.
8. How does Chee's predecessor characterize Dillon Charley's son?
9. What did Vines do when Sena started hounding members of the peyote church when the trouble between the men first started?
(a) File a complaint against Sena.
(b) Hire an attorney.
(c) Sue the sheriff's department.
(d) Dock Sena's pay.
10. While Chee isn't sure he believes in visions, what does Chee believe in?
11. As Chapter 8 opens, what is Colton Wolf doing?
(a) Ordering take-out.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Studying maps.
(d) Reading his mail.
12. According to Rosemary Vines, what do the Navajos in the area think B.J. is?
(a) A thief.
(b) A witch.
(c) A swindler.
(d) A liar.
13. For what agency does the bacteriologist at the beginning of the novel work?
(a) Cancer Research and Treatment Center.
(b) National Institutes of Health.
(c) Centers for Disease Control.
(d) St. Jude's Research Hospital
14. Under what name does Colton Wolf rent the vehicle he gets once he leaves his trailer?
(a) Benjamin Rhodes.
(b) James Nothan.
(c) Charles Minton.
(d) Terry Fox.
15. What is Colton Wolf's occupation?
(a) An embezzler.
(b) An assassin.
(c) A spy.
(d) A thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chee's predecessor, whose relationship with the tribal police was destroyed after the oil well explosion?
2. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
3. As Chee talks with Rosemary, why is B.J. Vines in a hospital?
4. After renting the vehicle, where does Wolf first drive?
5. At this point in his investigation, who does Chee believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)