|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what name does Colton Wolf rent the vehicle he gets once he leaves his trailer?
(a) Benjamin Rhodes.
(b) Terry Fox.
(c) James Nothan.
(d) Charles Minton.
2. What does the second man put into the bed of the truck?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A grocery bag.
(d) A briefcase.
3. As Chapter 8 opens, in what state is Colton Wolf?
(a) New Mexico.
4. As the bacteriologist watches, a dirty truck parks illegally in the lot. What space does the truck pull into?
(a) The Research Assistant's space.
(b) The Senior Researcher's space.
(c) The Associate Director's space.
(d) The Director's space.
5. Where does Captain Leaphorn work?
(a) At the Chinle substation.
(b) At the Warrick substation.
(c) At the Checkers substation.
(d) At the Grants substation.
6. For what agency does the bacteriologist at the beginning of the novel work?
(a) St. Jude's Research Hospital
(b) Cancer Research and Treatment Center.
(c) National Institutes of Health.
(d) Centers for Disease Control.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 8 as Colton Wolf waits, from whom does Wolf receive a letter?
(a) A restaurant owner.
(b) The association president.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) The sheriff.
8. As Chee and Mary leave the auction, who is talking to the person Chee needed to track down?
(a) A sheriff.
(b) A blond man.
(c) An auctioneer.
(d) A tribal police officer.
9. As Chapter 8 opens, where is Colton Wolf?
(a) On a plane.
(b) In his car.
(c) On a train.
(d) In his trailer.
10. To whom does Colton Wolf talk at the hospital to confirm the information he received during the cautious phone call?
(a) Mrs. Myers.
(b) Mrs. Cryer.
(c) Mrs. Dwyer.
(d) Mrs. Byers.
11. How much is the check that Chee is given for his trouble regarding the box?
12. When Rosemary Vines first moved to the Vines' home, who was the foreman of the ranch?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Curtis Russell.
13. What is the name of the local sheriff?
(a) Curtis Russell.
(b) Carl Lebeck.
(c) Marcus Colby.
(d) Gordo Sena.
14. What does Vines tell Chee to do with his check if Chee can't accept it?
(a) Give it back.
(b) Donate it.
(c) Rip it up.
(d) Shred it.
15. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colton Wolf's hobby?
2. According to Chee's predecessor, who might have taken the missing box from the Vines home?
3. Whose brother was killed in the explosion at the oil well?
4. For how much money did B.J. Vines sell the rights to his uranium find to Anaconda?
5. What award did B.J. Vines win for hunting?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)