|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Chee is told by his caller, who does the caller believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
(a) Tomas Charley.
(b) Rosemary Vines.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Emerson Charley.
2. Where did one of the men presumed dead in the explosion finally turn up?
(a) In Grants.
(b) In Albuquerque.
(c) In Checkers.
(d) In Dallas.
3. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
(a) Seven days.
(b) One day.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
4. When Chee goes to meet B.J. Vines, how does B.J. characterize his wife?
5. What does the second man put into the bed of the truck?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A grocery bag.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A briefcase.
6. As Chapter 8 opens, where is Colton Wolf?
(a) In his trailer.
(b) In his car.
(c) On a train.
(d) On a plane.
7. According to the tombstone, when had the person died?
8. What does Wolf do when he reaches the area where people normally dump their junk?
(a) Buries a body.
(b) Kills his target.
(c) Steals a license plate.
(d) Digs a hole.
9. How much money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee as a retainer for his services?
10. As the story opens, how long does Chee have before deciding whether to accept his appointment to the FBI?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) One week.
11. About when did the explosion at the oil well occur?
12. What is Colton Wolf's occupation?
(a) An embezzler.
(b) An assassin.
(c) A thief.
(d) A spy.
13. According to Chee's predecessor, whose relationship with the tribal police was destroyed after the oil well explosion?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) B.J. Vines.
(c) Henry Becenti.
(d) Gordo Sena.
14. Where does Wolf go when he reaches the university campus?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The faculty lounge.
(c) The research facility.
(d) The security office.
15. What does Vines tell Chee to do with his check if Chee can't accept it?
(a) Rip it up.
(b) Give it back.
(c) Shred it.
(d) Donate it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rosemary Vines, what do the Navajos in the area think B.J. is?
2. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. To whom does Chee speak?
3. When Rosemary hires Chee to find the missing box, where is B.J. Vines?
4. How does B.J Vines characterize the oil well explosion?
5. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)