|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rosemary Vines, what do the Navajos in the area think B.J. is?
(a) A thief.
(b) A swindler.
(c) A liar.
(d) A witch.
2. As Chee talks with Rosemary, why is B.J. Vines in a hospital?
3. For what agency does the bacteriologist at the beginning of the novel work?
(a) National Institutes of Health.
(b) St. Jude's Research Hospital
(c) Cancer Research and Treatment Center.
(d) Centers for Disease Control.
4. As Chapter 5 begins, Chee goes to visit his predecessor. Whom does Chee visit?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) B.J. Vines.
(c) Gordo Sena.
(d) Henry Becenti.
5. When Wolf makes a cautious phone call, who does Wolf learn has died?
(a) His target.
(b) His mother.
(c) His employer.
(d) His son.
6. What does the man who illegally parked his truck leave in the truck?
(a) His wife.
(b) His keys.
(c) His phone.
(d) His suitcase.
7. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
8. As Chee and Mary leave the auction, who is talking to the person Chee needed to track down?
(a) A sheriff.
(b) An auctioneer.
(c) A blond man.
(d) A tribal police officer.
9. Whose tombstone stands just off from the Vines' garage?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) Emerson Charley.
(c) Benjamin Vines.
(d) Sarah Vines.
10. How much time elapsed between the explosion at the oil well and when the first deputy arrived on the scene?
(a) Three days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Five days.
(d) One day.
11. What kind of vehicle does Wolf rent once he leaves his trailer?
(a) A station wagon.
(b) A convertible.
(c) A pick-up truck.
(d) A minivan.
12. What is Colton Wolf's occupation?
(a) A spy.
(b) An assassin.
(c) An embezzler.
(d) A thief.
13. According to Mrs. Vines, who stole the missing box?
(a) The Skinwalker Clan.
(b) The Yataalii.
(c) The People of the Night.
(d) The People of Darkness.
14. How does B.J. Vines believe the thief got into the wall safe?
(a) A combination lock.
(b) A key.
(c) A pry bar.
(d) A hammer.
15. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. To whom does Chee speak?
(a) The person's aunt.
(b) The person's son.
(c) The person's uncle.
(d) The person's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wolf go when he reaches the university campus?
2. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
3. What award did B.J. Vines win for hunting?
4. A second man pulls into the lot and parks his car illegally while the bacteriologist watches. What kind of car is the second man driving?
5. What does the second man put into the bed of the truck?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)