|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much additional money does Rosemary Vines offer to pay Chee when he returns the missing box?
2. When Chee finds the home of the person he is looking for, the person is not there. To whom does Chee speak?
(a) The person's son.
(b) The person's uncle.
(c) The person's nephew.
(d) The person's aunt.
3. How does the bacteriologist characterize the parking lot she has been watching for several years from her lab's window?
4. Whose tombstone stands just off from the Vines' garage?
(a) Dillon Charley.
(b) Emerson Charley.
(c) Sarah Vines.
(d) Benjamin Vines.
5. What is the time of day when the tow truck arrives to remove the illegally parked truck?
(a) 3:00 p.m.
(b) 6:00 p.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
6. When Chee goes to meet B.J. Vines, how does B.J. characterize his wife?
7. To what university campus does Wolf eventually drive after leaving his trailer?
(a) Colorado State University.
(b) Florida State University.
(c) The University of Arizona.
(d) The University of New Mexico.
8. When Wolf makes a cautious phone call, how does the person answering the phone identify himself?
9. According to the tombstone, when had the person died?
10. About when did the explosion at the oil well occur?
11. As the story opens, how long does Chee have before deciding whether to accept his appointment to the FBI?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
12. Who placed the peyote chief under arrest after the oil well explosion?
(a) Jim Chee.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) Emerson Charley.
(d) Henry Becenti.
13. What is the name of Dillon Charley's son?
14. How does Chee's predecessor characterize Dillon Charley's son?
15. With the exception of B.J. Vines, who is the only other person to have ever looked inside the missing box?
(a) Rosemary Vines.
(b) Gordo Sena.
(c) Dillon Charley.
(d) Tomas Charley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colton Wolf's occupation?
2. What is the name of Sena's brother killed in the explosion?
3. For how much money did B.J. Vines sell the rights to his uranium find to Anaconda?
4. What is Jim Chee studying to become?
5. According to rumor, what was Sena's mother planning to leave to Sena's older brother?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)