|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Captain Leaphorn work?
(a) At the Grants substation.
(b) At the Warrick substation.
(c) At the Chinle substation.
(d) At the Checkers substation.
2. When Rosemary hires Chee to find the missing box, where is B.J. Vines?
(b) Fort Worth.
3. To whom does Colton Wolf talk at the hospital to confirm the information he received during the cautious phone call?
(a) Mrs. Myers.
(b) Mrs. Cryer.
(c) Mrs. Byers.
(d) Mrs. Dwyer.
4. After renting the vehicle, where does Wolf first drive?
(a) The mall.
(b) A deserted area.
(c) Campus parking.
(d) Long-term parking.
5. On what campus is the bacteriologist's lab located?
(a) University of Arizona.
(b) University of New Mexico.
(c) University of Colorado.
(d) University of Tempe.
6. As Chapter 8 opens, in what state is Colton Wolf?
(b) New Mexico.
7. What did Vines do when Sena started hounding members of the peyote church when the trouble between the men first started?
(a) Dock Sena's pay.
(b) Sue the sheriff's department.
(c) File a complaint against Sena.
(d) Hire an attorney.
8. As Chee takes Mary home, whose truck is still parked in the auction's parking lot?
(a) Rosemary Vines.
(b) Colton Wolf.
(c) Marcus Colby.
(d) Tomas Charley.
9. As the story opens, how long does Chee have before deciding whether to accept his appointment to the FBI?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
10. Under what name does Colton Wolf rent the vehicle he gets once he leaves his trailer?
(a) Charles Minton.
(b) Benjamin Rhodes.
(c) Terry Fox.
(d) James Nothan.
11. As Chee drives into the desert, for whose home is Chee looking?
(a) Emerson Charley.
(b) Marcus Colby.
(c) Tomas Charley.
(d) Colton Wolf.
12. According to Chee's predecessor, how did Dillon Charley get involved with B.J. Vines?
13. Where does Wolf go when he reaches the university campus?
(a) The faculty lounge.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The security office.
(d) The research facility.
14. At this point in his investigation, who does Chee believe is responsible for taking the missing box?
(a) Gordo Sena.
(b) Tomas Charley.
(c) Rosemary Vines.
15. As Chee and Mary leave the auction, who is talking to the person Chee needed to track down?
(a) A sheriff.
(b) An auctioneer.
(c) A tribal police officer.
(d) A blond man.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rosemary Vines, what do the Navajos in the area think B.J. is?
2. What is the name of the mine from which the uranium is being mined?
3. As Chee talks with Rosemary, why is B.J. Vines in a hospital?
4. When Wolf makes a cautious phone call, who does Wolf learn has died?
5. About when did the explosion at the oil well occur?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)