* Jim Chee has recently taken his exams to enter the FBI.
* Chee cannot decide if he wants to enter the white man's world (by joining the FBI) or staying in the Navajo world (and become a Navajo yataalii).
* Looking out the window of her lab, a bacteriologist sees an Indian man park his truck in a reserved parking spot.
* While she watches, a blond man comes up to the truck and leaves a paper sack in the truck bed.
* A short while later, a wrecker arrives to tow the truck away.
* When the wrecker lifts the truck, the truck explodes.
* Chee arrives at the Vines' home, he sees two graves next to the garage, one of which says "A good Indian."
* When Chee reads the epitaph, he remembers General Sheridan's line about how the only good Indian is a dead Indian.
* Inside the Vines' home, Chee...
This section contains 2,300 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)