Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frankie running from when Penny finds him in the bushes in her back yard?
2. What name does Penny choose for the black and white kitten that Pop-pop gives to her when she returns home from the hospital?
3. What does the funeral director threaten Frankie with due to his misbehavior?
4. Whom of the following asks a nurse whether Penny's father was really a spy?
5. Whom of the following is Frankie working for after Penny is released from the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
There is a lot of generosity extended toward Penny throughout the book, especially from relatives on her father's side of the family. Whose generosity does Penny value the most? Uncle Nunzio's? Uncle Ralphie's? Or Uncle Dominic's? Cite text and/or paraphrase scenarios from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Family togetherness is an apparent overall theme that is illustrated throughout Penny from Heaven. For example, even though Penny's father is deceased, his side of the family still includes Penny in their lives, and Penny does not seem to resist including them in hers. Explain how Penny's father's family (the Faluccis) maintain a familial-type closeness with Penny; and how she shows that although her father is gone, his family - the Faluccis remain very much a part of her life.
Essay Topic 3
Looking at Penny's life throughout the book, and how relatives from both sides of her family - that of her father, and that of her mother - play important roles in her life, can it be said that a village and not a pair of conventional parents helped raise Penny? Cite text and/or paraphrase scenarios from the book to support your position.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)