|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities does Penny find most exhausting during her stay at the hospital?
(a) Socializing with her visitors.
(b) Using the bathroom.
(d) Physical therapy.
2. Which of the following activities is part of the "perfect day" that Penny spends with her Uncle Dominic?
(a) Bump into their favorite baseball player while on a walk.
(b) Enjoy the rides on the boardwalk.
(c) Eat Chinese food.
(d) Enjoy a tour of Ebbets Field.
3. Whom of the following accompanies Penny for her birthday gift-related trip?
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Aunt Gina.
4. How many funeral cards does Frankie claim to have collected when he and Penny learn about their relative's death?
5. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
(a) Me-me's banana pancakes.
(b) Playing ball with Frankie.
(d) Sitting in the Plymouth RoadKing with Uncle Dominic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items had Uncle Dominic given to Penny's father that created such a stir that resulted in Penny's father being sent to an internment camp in the state of Oklahoma where he eventually died?
2. Who arrives at Penny's room at the hospital with a container full of ice cream for Penny?
3. What does Aunt Gina do for Penny upon her return home from the hospital?
4. Whom of the following asks a nurse whether Penny's father was really a spy?
5. What is the name of Pop-pop's deceased nephew whom he claims to be able to talk to through radio static?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the text in Chapter 18, what does Penny learn from Frankie in relation to Uncle Dominic's whereabouts during her stay in the hospital?
2. According to the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Uncle Dominic resolve the situations that Uncle Benny gets into as family members are attempting to make their way to and from Aunt Concetta's wake?
3. According to the narrative in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Frankie attempt to turn Aunt Concetta's wake into what he considers to be a fun event for himself?
4. Based on the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, why has Frankie decided to run to Penny's house and hide there?
5. Based on the narrative in Chapter 19, how does Penny finally learn the truth about the circumstances that had surrounded her father's death?
6. Based on the text in the thirteenth chapter of the book, do any misunderstandings occur between Penny and her mother on her Penny's birthday?
7. According to the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, what types of items is Penny gifted with on her birthday that may help enhance her appearance?
8. Based on the narrative in Chapter 15 of the book, what contributes to Penny spending a perfect day with Uncle Dominic some time after she is grounded for having disobeyed Me-me's order of not going to the public pool with Frankie?
9. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what contributes to Penny's disappointment while she is in the hospital?
10. According to the text in Chapter 16 of the book, how is Penny distracted to the point that she injures her arm while putting the laundry through the wringer of the washing machine in Nonny's basement?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)