|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Penny doing when she acknowledges that Heaven could not provide anything better than what she is enjoying at the moment?
(a) She is receiving gift after gift at her birthday party.
(b) She is blowing out the candles on her birthday cake.
(c) She is watching the Dodgers play ball.
(d) She is sitting at the dinner table with Pop-pop, Me-me and her mom, Eleanor.
2. What does Me-me notice about the dress that Penny is to wear to her deceased relative's wake?
(a) That it is missing three buttons.
(b) That it has a black stain all along its right side.
(c) That it has a horrific tear all along one of its seams.
(d) That Penny has outgrown it.
3. Whom of the following does Frankie owe an apology to in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) Mrs. Morelli.
(b) Father Giovanni.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Mrs. Giaquinto.
4. Which of Penny's relatives has died?
(a) Aunt Beth.
(b) Great Aunt Liesl.
(c) Great Uncle Herbert
(d) Aunt Concetta.
5. What does Penny's mother gift Penny for her twelfth birthday?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A ruby necklace.
(c) A charm bracelet.
(d) A locket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times per day does Eleanor (Penny's mother) visit her while she is in the hospital?
2. What name does Penny choose for the black and white kitten that Pop-pop gives to her when she returns home from the hospital?
3. Which of the following does Frankie pull out from a hole behind a brick on the wall?
4. Whom of the following accompanies Penny for her birthday gift-related trip?
5. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in Chapter 19, how does Penny finally learn the truth about the circumstances that had surrounded her father's death?
2. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what contributes to Penny's disappointment while she is in the hospital?
3. According to the narrative in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Frankie attempt to turn Aunt Concetta's wake into what he considers to be a fun event for himself?
4. Based on the text in the thirteenth chapter of the book, do any misunderstandings occur between Penny and her mother on her Penny's birthday?
5. According to the text in Chapter 16 of the book, how is Penny distracted to the point that she injures her arm while putting the laundry through the wringer of the washing machine in Nonny's basement?
6. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
7. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, what are Penny's thoughts in relation to the people who stop by to visit her while she is in the hospital?
8. According to the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, what types of items is Penny gifted with on her birthday that may help enhance her appearance?
9. Based on the narrative in Chapter 15 of the book, what contributes to Penny spending a perfect day with Uncle Dominic some time after she is grounded for having disobeyed Me-me's order of not going to the public pool with Frankie?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapter 20 of the book, how does Penny's job at Uncle Ralphie's meat market change when she returns to work following her stay in the hospital?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)