|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Gina do for Penny upon her return home from the hospital?
(a) She gives her a classics book collection to read.
(b) She gives her a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.
(c) She takes her to the Sweet Shoppe for a banana split.
(d) She takes her to the beauty salon for a hair done.
2. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
(a) Because he is very sensitive to allergies.
(b) Because he has a chronic medical condition.
(c) Because he likes to get attention from everyone.
(d) Because he has been drinking.
3. How many funeral cards does Frankie claim to have collected when he and Penny learn about their relative's death?
4. Who drives Penny and her family to the funeral home for her deceased relative's wake?
(a) Uncle Salvatore.
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Cousin Benny.
(d) Cousin Paul.
5. What does Penny's mother not have the opportunity to give Penny on her birthday?
(a) A special letter that she had composed for her.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A piano.
(d) A photo of herself, Penny, and Penny's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Frankie caught doing that led to him running to Penny's home?
2. What does Me-me notice about the dress that Penny is to wear to her deceased relative's wake?
3. What does Frankie know that he has to do?
4. What color have the walls in Penny's room been painted to prior to her return home from the hospital?
5. Who whistles a birthday salute in song for Penny on her special day?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the text in Chapter 16 of the book, how is Penny distracted to the point that she injures her arm while putting the laundry through the wringer of the washing machine in Nonny's basement?
2. According to the text in Chapter 13 of the book, what normal events take place in Penny's life on her birthday?
3. According to the text in the fourteenth chapter of the book, what does Penny do in order to keep her dying Scarlett O'Hara comfortable during the last hours of her life?
4. According to the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Uncle Dominic resolve the situations that Uncle Benny gets into as family members are attempting to make their way to and from Aunt Concetta's wake?
5. According to the narrative in Chapter 16 of the book, how does Penny react in relation to her arm injury?
6. Based on the text in the thirteenth chapter of the book, do any misunderstandings occur between Penny and her mother on her Penny's birthday?
7. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what happens in relation to those who visit Penny as she continues her stay in the hospital?
8. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what contributes to Penny's disappointment while she is in the hospital?
9. Based on the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, why does Frankie feel justified in treating Aunt Concetta's death as an uneventful occurrence in his life as well as that of Penny's?
10. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, how do Penny's relatives make her feel special while she is in the hospital?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)