|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Penny become the most popular person in her ward after visiting hours?
(a) Because she always has something interesting to say.
(b) Because she keeps snacks in her room.
(c) Because she has a television set.
(d) Because she has a radio.
2. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A catcher's mitt.
(b) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
(c) A crime comic.
(d) A baseball cap with her name on it.
3. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
(a) Because he is very sensitive to allergies.
(b) Because he likes to get attention from everyone.
(c) Because he has a chronic medical condition.
(d) Because he has been drinking.
4. Where does Penny travel for one of her birthday gifts?
(a) To Atlantic City.
(b) To Boston.
(c) To Buffalo.
(d) To New York City.
5. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Cousin Benny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Penny doing when Uncle Dominic finally stops by to see her following her stay at the hospital?
2. What does Uncle Ralphie do in observance of Penny's birthday?
3. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
4. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
5. What does Me-me fix for Penny's twelfth birthday breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in Chapter 16 of the book, how does Penny react in relation to her arm injury?
2. According to the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Uncle Dominic resolve the situations that Uncle Benny gets into as family members are attempting to make their way to and from Aunt Concetta's wake?
3. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what happens in relation to those who visit Penny as she continues her stay in the hospital?
4. Based on the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, how is Penny's birthday observed by her father's side of the family?
5. Based on the text in Chapter 14 of the book, how does Frankie's problem with the church ultimately get resolved?
6. According to the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, what contributes toward Penny shedding tears and telling her Uncle Dominic that her life is all messed up?
7. According to the text in Chapter 13 of the book, what normal events take place in Penny's life on her birthday?
8. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, how do Penny's relatives make her feel special while she is in the hospital?
9. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
10. According to the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, what types of items is Penny gifted with on her birthday that may help enhance her appearance?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)