|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Uncle Dominic use in referring to Ann Marie's husband?
2. Where is Me-me when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the living room.
3. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
(a) Me-me's banana pancakes.
(b) Sitting in the Plymouth RoadKing with Uncle Dominic.
(c) Playing ball with Frankie.
4. Which of the following does Frankie pull out from a hole behind a brick on the wall?
(a) A cigar box filled with money.
(b) A mason jar filled with five-dollar bills.
(c) A burlap bag full of money.
(d) A wallet full of money.
5. Which of the following will Frankie have to pay for in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) A stained carpet.
(b) A busted door.
(c) A broken window.
(d) A dead-bolt lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
2. What is the name of Penny's doctor?
3. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
4. What does Frankie know that he has to do?
5. What had the judge told Frankie the last time that he had appeared before the bench?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in Chapter 15 of the book, what contributes to Penny spending a perfect day with Uncle Dominic some time after she is grounded for having disobeyed Me-me's order of not going to the public pool with Frankie?
2. According to the narrative in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Frankie attempt to turn Aunt Concetta's wake into what he considers to be a fun event for himself?
3. Based on the text in Chapter 20 of the book, how has Penny's bedroom been changed when she returns home following her stay in the hospital?
4. According to the narrative in Chapter 20 of the book, do any new beings enter Penny's life after she returns home from the hospital?
5. According to the text in the fourteenth chapter of the book, what does Penny do in order to keep her dying Scarlett O'Hara comfortable during the last hours of her life?
6. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, how do Penny's relatives make her feel special while she is in the hospital?
7. Based on the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, why has Frankie decided to run to Penny's house and hide there?
8. According to the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Uncle Dominic resolve the situations that Uncle Benny gets into as family members are attempting to make their way to and from Aunt Concetta's wake?
9. According to the text in Chapter 20 of the book, do any pleasant things or occurrences take place in Penny's life upon her return from the hospital?
10. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, what are Penny's thoughts in relation to the people who stop by to visit her while she is in the hospital?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)