|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Uncle Dominic use in referring to Ann Marie's husband?
2. Where does Me-me keep the equipment and supplies that Frankie will need to carry out his offer of help to Nonny ?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In the storage shed.
(d) In the utility room.
3. Which of the following states is Uncle Dominic visiting while Penny is in the hospital recuperating from her injury?
4. What does the funeral director threaten Frankie with due to his misbehavior?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To call the police.
(c) To ask him to leave.
(d) To take his transistor radio away from him.
5. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A baseball cap with her name on it.
(b) A crime comic.
(c) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
(d) A catcher's mitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the fight between Cousin Benny and Ann Marie's husband?
2. What does Uncle Ralphie do in observance of Penny's birthday?
3. What is Penny doing when she acknowledges that Heaven could not provide anything better than what she is enjoying at the moment?
4. What is the flavor of the ice cream that Penny is gifted with while she is recuperating in the hospital?
5. Which of the following United States military services does Mr. Mulligan tell Penny that he joined at one time?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, what are Penny's thoughts in relation to the people who stop by to visit her while she is in the hospital?
2. Based on the text in Chapter 20 of the book, how has Penny's bedroom been changed when she returns home following her stay in the hospital?
3. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, how do Penny's relatives make her feel special while she is in the hospital?
4. Based on the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, how is Penny's birthday observed by her father's side of the family?
5. According to the text in Chapter 13 of the book, what normal events take place in Penny's life on her birthday?
6. Based on the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, why does Frankie feel justified in treating Aunt Concetta's death as an uneventful occurrence in his life as well as that of Penny's?
7. According to the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, what types of items is Penny gifted with on her birthday that may help enhance her appearance?
8. According to the text in Chapter 20 of the book, do any pleasant things or occurrences take place in Penny's life upon her return from the hospital?
9. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
10. According to the narrative in Chapter 16 of the book, how does Penny react in relation to her arm injury?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)