|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times per day does Eleanor (Penny's mother) visit her while she is in the hospital?
(a) Four times a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Twice a day.
2. Who reads the newspaper to Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Mr. Mulligan.
(b) Her mother, Eleanor.
(d) Nurse Rita.
3. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A crime comic.
(b) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
(c) A baseball cap with her name on it.
(d) A catcher's mitt.
4. Which of the following activities does Penny find difficult to do while she is in the hospital?
(c) Turn her head to the left or right.
5. What is the flavor of the ice cream that Penny is gifted with while she is recuperating in the hospital?
(a) Butter Pecan.
(b) Caramel Swirl.
(d) Rocky Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Penny doing when Uncle Dominic finally stops by to see her following her stay at the hospital?
2. Whom of the following does Frankie owe an apology to in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
3. What do Penny and Jack Teitelzweig do on their outing together?
4. Whom of the following is Frankie working for after Penny is released from the hospital?
5. Who does Penny overhear talking about the young girl in her ward who is dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in Chapter 20 of the book, do any new beings enter Penny's life after she returns home from the hospital?
2. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
3. Based on the text in Chapter 20 of the book, how has Penny's bedroom been changed when she returns home following her stay in the hospital?
4. Based on the narrative in Chapter 15 of the book, what contributes to Penny spending a perfect day with Uncle Dominic some time after she is grounded for having disobeyed Me-me's order of not going to the public pool with Frankie?
5. Based on the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, why has Frankie decided to run to Penny's house and hide there?
6. According to the text in Chapter 20 of the book, do any pleasant things or occurrences take place in Penny's life upon her return from the hospital?
7. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what contributes to Penny's disappointment while she is in the hospital?
8. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what happens in relation to those who visit Penny as she continues her stay in the hospital?
9. According to the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Uncle Dominic resolve the situations that Uncle Benny gets into as family members are attempting to make their way to and from Aunt Concetta's wake?
10. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, what are Penny's thoughts in relation to the people who stop by to visit her while she is in the hospital?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)