|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frankie running from when Penny finds him in the bushes in her back yard?
(a) His father.
(b) Cousin Benny.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) The police.
2. What do Penny and Jack Teitelzweig do on their outing together?
(a) They go out for ice cream.
(b) They go on a picnic.
(c) They watch a baseball game.
(d) They go to a movie.
3. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
4. Whom of the following asks a nurse whether Penny's father was really a spy?
(a) A man named Marvin.
(b) A man named Harvey.
(c) A man named Wade.
(d) A man named Winston.
5. What does Me-me fix for Penny's twelfth birthday breakfast?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(b) Banana pancakes.
(c) Apple strudel and pork sausage.
(d) Porridge with strawberries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
2. Who is ill when Penny awakens one morning not long after her birthday?
3. Whom of the following is Frankie working for after Penny is released from the hospital?
4. What does Frankie know that he has to do?
5. What is Penny doing when Uncle Dominic finally stops by to see her following her stay at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, what contributes toward Penny shedding tears and telling her Uncle Dominic that her life is all messed up?
2. According to the narrative in Chapter 16 of the book, how does Penny react in relation to her arm injury?
3. According to the text in Chapter 15 of the book, what are some of the reasons that Penny should not join Frankie in going to the public pool?
4. Based on the text in the thirteenth chapter of the book, do any misunderstandings occur between Penny and her mother on her Penny's birthday?
5. According to the text in the fourteenth chapter of the book, what does Penny do in order to keep her dying Scarlett O'Hara comfortable during the last hours of her life?
6. According to the text in Chapter 20 of the book, do any pleasant things or occurrences take place in Penny's life upon her return from the hospital?
7. Based on the narrative in Chapter 20 of the book, how does Penny's job at Uncle Ralphie's meat market change when she returns to work following her stay in the hospital?
8. According to the text in Chapter 13 of the book, what normal events take place in Penny's life on her birthday?
9. Based on the text in Chapter 14 of the book, how does Frankie's problem with the church ultimately get resolved?
10. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what happens in relation to those who visit Penny as she continues her stay in the hospital?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)