|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Gina do for Penny upon her return home from the hospital?
(a) She gives her a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.
(b) She takes her to the beauty salon for a hair done.
(c) She takes her to the Sweet Shoppe for a banana split.
(d) She gives her a classics book collection to read.
2. Who is Frankie running from when Penny finds him in the bushes in her back yard?
(a) The police.
(b) His father.
(c) Cousin Benny.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
3. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
(a) By poking the corpse.
(b) By playing his transistor radio loudly.
(c) By chewing gum and popping it.
(d) By laughing out loud.
4. What type of disease does Me-me believe that a person can contract at a public pool?
5. Who is ill when Penny awakens one morning not long after her birthday?
(b) Scarlett O'Hara.
(c) Penny's mother, Eleanor.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Penny travel for one of her birthday gifts?
2. Which of the following United States military services does Mr. Mulligan tell Penny that he joined at one time?
3. Who finally tells Penny the truth about the situation surrounding her father's death?
4. What does the funeral director threaten Frankie with due to his misbehavior?
5. Whom of the following is the lifeguard on duty on the day that Penny and Frankie visit the public pool for a swim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in Chapter 15 of the book, what contributes to Penny spending a perfect day with Uncle Dominic some time after she is grounded for having disobeyed Me-me's order of not going to the public pool with Frankie?
2. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what happens in relation to those who visit Penny as she continues her stay in the hospital?
3. According to the narrative in Chapter 16 of the book, how does Penny react in relation to her arm injury?
4. According to the text in Chapter 13 of the book, what normal events take place in Penny's life on her birthday?
5. According to the text in the fourteenth chapter of the book, what does Penny do in order to keep her dying Scarlett O'Hara comfortable during the last hours of her life?
6. Based on the text in Chapter 14 of the book, how does Frankie's problem with the church ultimately get resolved?
7. According to the text in Chapter 20 of the book, do any pleasant things or occurrences take place in Penny's life upon her return from the hospital?
8. Based on the text in Chapter 20 of the book, how has Penny's bedroom been changed when she returns home following her stay in the hospital?
9. Based on the text in the thirteenth chapter of the book, do any misunderstandings occur between Penny and her mother on her Penny's birthday?
10. According to the text in Chapter 16 of the book, how is Penny distracted to the point that she injures her arm while putting the laundry through the wringer of the washing machine in Nonny's basement?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)