|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following newspaper sections are read to Penny on while she is at the hospital?
(a) Political Section.
(b) Women's Section.
(c) Classifieds Section.
(d) Local News.
2. What position does Frankie feel that he will lose as a result of the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) His position as an altar boy.
(b) His position as a grass mower in the neighborhood.
(c) His position as pitcher on his baseball team.
(d) His position as delivery boy for Uncle Ralphie.
3. Which of the following will Frankie have to pay for in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) A stained carpet.
(b) A dead-bolt lock.
(c) A busted door.
(d) A broken window.
4. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
5. What is Penny doing when Uncle Dominic finally stops by to see her following her stay at the hospital?
(a) Talking on the telephone.
(b) Exercising her arm as the doctor instructed her.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Watching her new kitten chase squirrels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom of the following accompanies Penny for her birthday gift-related trip?
2. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
3. What is the age of the young girl who is dying of cancer in Penny's ward at the hospital?
4. What is Penny doing when she acknowledges that Heaven could not provide anything better than what she is enjoying at the moment?
5. Whom of the following is Frankie working for after Penny is released from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, how do Penny's relatives make her feel special while she is in the hospital?
2. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what happens in relation to those who visit Penny as she continues her stay in the hospital?
3. Based on the text in Chapter 18, what does Penny learn from Frankie in relation to Uncle Dominic's whereabouts during her stay in the hospital?
4. According to the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, what contributes toward Penny shedding tears and telling her Uncle Dominic that her life is all messed up?
5. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what contributes to Penny's disappointment while she is in the hospital?
6. According to the text in the fourteenth chapter of the book, what does Penny do in order to keep her dying Scarlett O'Hara comfortable during the last hours of her life?
7. According to the text in Chapter 18, what happens to the eight-year-old female cancer patient after all the other children (with the exception of Penny) have been released from the hospital and gone home?
8. According to the narrative in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Frankie attempt to turn Aunt Concetta's wake into what he considers to be a fun event for himself?
9. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
10. Based on the narrative in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Penny show her support for Pop-pop's belief that he is able to talk to Mickey, the nephew whom he lost in the War, through radio static?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)