|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
(a) Because he has been drinking.
(b) Because he has a chronic medical condition.
(c) Because he likes to get attention from everyone.
(d) Because he is very sensitive to allergies.
2. Which of the following activities is part of the "perfect day" that Penny spends with her Uncle Dominic?
(a) Enjoy the rides on the boardwalk.
(b) Enjoy a tour of Ebbets Field.
(c) Bump into their favorite baseball player while on a walk.
(d) Eat Chinese food.
3. Which of Penny's relatives has died?
(a) Great Uncle Herbert
(b) Aunt Concetta.
(c) Great Aunt Liesl.
(d) Aunt Beth.
4. What does Frankie know that he has to do?
(a) Apologize to those whom he has wronged.
(b) Tell his parents what has happened.
(c) Turn himself in to the authorities.
(d) Hire a lawyer.
5. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) Writing a tribute about the deceased relative.
(b) Talking on the telephone.
(c) Listening to his deceased nephew on the radio static again.
(d) Paying some bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Ralphie give to Penny for her twelfth birthday?
2. Who is Frankie running from when Penny finds him in the bushes in her back yard?
3. Who drives Penny and her family to the funeral home for her deceased relative's wake?
4. Who mentions that they may be helping Frankie get into college someday?
5. Who stands up for Frankie by speaking on his behalf?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the text in Chapter 18, what happens to the eight-year-old female cancer patient after all the other children (with the exception of Penny) have been released from the hospital and gone home?
2. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, how do Penny's relatives make her feel special while she is in the hospital?
3. Based on the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, why has Frankie decided to run to Penny's house and hide there?
4. According to the narrative in Chapter 16 of the book, how does Penny react in relation to her arm injury?
5. According to the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Uncle Dominic resolve the situations that Uncle Benny gets into as family members are attempting to make their way to and from Aunt Concetta's wake?
6. According to the narrative in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Frankie attempt to turn Aunt Concetta's wake into what he considers to be a fun event for himself?
7. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, what are Penny's thoughts in relation to the people who stop by to visit her while she is in the hospital?
8. Based on the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, how is Penny's birthday observed by her father's side of the family?
9. According to the text in Chapter 16 of the book, how is Penny distracted to the point that she injures her arm while putting the laundry through the wringer of the washing machine in Nonny's basement?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapter 15 of the book, what contributes to Penny spending a perfect day with Uncle Dominic some time after she is grounded for having disobeyed Me-me's order of not going to the public pool with Frankie?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)