|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Me-me when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the bedroom.
2. Whom of the following accompanies Penny for her birthday gift-related trip?
(a) Aunt Gina.
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
3. Who reads the newspaper to Penny while she is in the hospital?
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
(c) Her mother, Eleanor.
(d) Nurse Rita.
4. Which of the following couples are paid a visit by Me-me and Pop-pop on the same day that Frankie invites Penny to go to the public pool?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Newberry.
(b) Mr.and Mrs. Harrison.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Cline.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Robbins.
5. Which of the following will Frankie have to pay for in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) A dead-bolt lock.
(b) A stained carpet.
(c) A broken window.
(d) A busted door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
2. Whom of the following is Frankie working for after Penny is released from the hospital?
3. What is the ailment that appears to be claiming the life of the young girl dying in Penny's ward?
4. What happens to the charges that have been filed against Frankie?
5. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Frankie attempt to turn Aunt Concetta's wake into what he considers to be a fun event for himself?
2. According to the text in Chapter 20 of the book, do any pleasant things or occurrences take place in Penny's life upon her return from the hospital?
3. Based on the text in Chapter 18, what does Penny learn from Frankie in relation to Uncle Dominic's whereabouts during her stay in the hospital?
4. According to the text in Chapter 13 of the book, what normal events take place in Penny's life on her birthday?
5. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
6. According to the text in the fourteenth chapter of the book, what does Penny do in order to keep her dying Scarlett O'Hara comfortable during the last hours of her life?
7. Based on the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, why does Frankie feel justified in treating Aunt Concetta's death as an uneventful occurrence in his life as well as that of Penny's?
8. Based on the narrative in Chapter 19, how does Penny finally learn the truth about the circumstances that had surrounded her father's death?
9. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, what are Penny's thoughts in relation to the people who stop by to visit her while she is in the hospital?
10. According to the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, what types of items is Penny gifted with on her birthday that may help enhance her appearance?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)