|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Me-me fix for Penny's twelfth birthday breakfast?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(b) Banana pancakes.
(c) Porridge with strawberries.
(d) Apple strudel and pork sausage.
2. Which of the following items had Uncle Dominic given to Penny's father that created such a stir that resulted in Penny's father being sent to an internment camp in the state of Oklahoma where he eventually died?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A decoder.
(c) A short wave radio.
(d) An Italian spy trade publication.
3. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Cousin Benny.
4. Which of the following activities does Penny find difficult to do while she is in the hospital?
(b) Turn her head to the left or right.
5. What does Uncle Ralphie do in observance of Penny's birthday?
(a) He sets up a college fund for Penny at the local bank.
(b) He raises a flag with Penny's name on it.
(c) He places a birthday announcement in the local paper.
(d) He closes the store for the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Penny about her injured arm?
2. What type of disease does Me-me believe that a person can contract at a public pool?
3. What does Penny's mother gift Penny for her twelfth birthday?
4. Who finally tells Penny the truth about the situation surrounding her father's death?
5. Which of the following will Frankie have to pay for in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, why has Frankie decided to run to Penny's house and hide there?
2. According to the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, what types of items is Penny gifted with on her birthday that may help enhance her appearance?
3. Based on the text in the thirteenth chapter of the book, do any misunderstandings occur between Penny and her mother on her Penny's birthday?
4. Based on the text in Chapter 14 of the book, how does Frankie's problem with the church ultimately get resolved?
5. Based on the text in Chapter 20 of the book, how has Penny's bedroom been changed when she returns home following her stay in the hospital?
6. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
7. Based on the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, how is Penny's birthday observed by her father's side of the family?
8. According to the narrative in Chapter 16 of the book, how does Penny react in relation to her arm injury?
9. Based on the narrative in Chapter 15 of the book, what contributes to Penny spending a perfect day with Uncle Dominic some time after she is grounded for having disobeyed Me-me's order of not going to the public pool with Frankie?
10. According to the text in Chapter 13 of the book, what normal events take place in Penny's life on her birthday?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)