|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Penny offer to hide Frankie?
(a) In her closet.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Under her bed.
2. What does Frankie know that he has to do?
(a) Apologize to those whom he has wronged.
(b) Hire a lawyer.
(c) Tell his parents what has happened.
(d) Turn himself in to the authorities.
3. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A crime comic.
(b) A baseball cap with her name on it.
(c) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
(d) A catcher's mitt.
4. What color have the walls in Penny's room been painted to prior to her return home from the hospital?
5. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
(a) By chewing gum and popping it.
(b) By poking the corpse.
(c) By laughing out loud.
(d) By playing his transistor radio loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aunt Gina promise to take Penny when she leaves the hospital?
2. Whom of the following asks a nurse whether Penny's father was really a spy?
3. How many funeral cards does Frankie claim to have collected when he and Penny learn about their relative's death?
4. Whom of the following is Frankie working for after Penny is released from the hospital?
5. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the text in Chapter 20 of the book, how has Penny's bedroom been changed when she returns home following her stay in the hospital?
2. Based on the narrative in Chapter 15 of the book, what contributes to Penny spending a perfect day with Uncle Dominic some time after she is grounded for having disobeyed Me-me's order of not going to the public pool with Frankie?
3. According to the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, what contributes toward Penny shedding tears and telling her Uncle Dominic that her life is all messed up?
4. Based on the narrative in Chapter 19, how does Penny finally learn the truth about the circumstances that had surrounded her father's death?
5. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what happens in relation to those who visit Penny as she continues her stay in the hospital?
6. Based on the narrative in Chapter 20 of the book, how does Penny's job at Uncle Ralphie's meat market change when she returns to work following her stay in the hospital?
7. According to the text in Chapter 18, what happens to the eight-year-old female cancer patient after all the other children (with the exception of Penny) have been released from the hospital and gone home?
8. Based on the text in Chapter 18, what does Penny learn from Frankie in relation to Uncle Dominic's whereabouts during her stay in the hospital?
9. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what contributes to Penny's disappointment while she is in the hospital?
10. According to the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, what types of items is Penny gifted with on her birthday that may help enhance her appearance?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)