|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following states is Uncle Dominic visiting while Penny is in the hospital recuperating from her injury?
2. Which of the following newspaper sections becomes a favorite for Penny and the person reading the newspaper to her?
(a) The Funnies.
(b) The Police Blotter.
(c) The Editorials.
(d) The Weather Section.
3. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
4. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
(a) That Scarlett O'Hara has died.
(b) That Me-me is very sick.
(c) That Scarlett O'Hara has received a clean bill of health from the vet.
(d) That he has received a letter from Uncle Salvatore.
5. Who mentions that they may be helping Frankie get into college someday?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Nunzio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slaps Uncle Dominic across the face while Penny is recuperating at the hospital?
2. Why is Eleanor disappointed toward the end of Penny's twelfth birthday?
3. Which of the following is not among the gifts that Penny receives on her birthday?
4. What is the age of the young girl who is dying of cancer in Penny's ward at the hospital?
5. What does the doctor tell Penny about her injured arm?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, how do Penny's relatives make her feel special while she is in the hospital?
2. Based on the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, how is Penny's birthday observed by her father's side of the family?
3. According to the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Uncle Dominic resolve the situations that Uncle Benny gets into as family members are attempting to make their way to and from Aunt Concetta's wake?
4. According to the text in Chapter 16 of the book, how is Penny distracted to the point that she injures her arm while putting the laundry through the wringer of the washing machine in Nonny's basement?
5. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
6. According to the narrative in Chapter 20 of the book, do any new beings enter Penny's life after she returns home from the hospital?
7. Based on the text in Chapter 14 of the book, how does Frankie's problem with the church ultimately get resolved?
8. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what happens in relation to those who visit Penny as she continues her stay in the hospital?
9. Based on the text in the thirteenth chapter of the book, do any misunderstandings occur between Penny and her mother on her Penny's birthday?
10. According to the text in Chapter 20 of the book, do any pleasant things or occurrences take place in Penny's life upon her return from the hospital?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)