|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the funeral director threaten Frankie with due to his misbehavior?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To take his transistor radio away from him.
(c) To ask him to leave.
(d) To call the police.
2. What happens to the charges that have been filed against Frankie?
(a) They are set for a trial by judge.
(b) They are set for a trial by jury.
(c) They are dropped.
(d) They are elevated to felonies.
3. Who does not visit Penny while she is in the hospital?
(b) Uncle Sally.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
4. What does Frankie volunteer to do for Nonny?
(a) Sweep pine needles off the roof of her home.
(b) The laundry.
(c) Mow the grass.
(d) Wash her and Pop-pop's car.
5. Which of the following does Frankie persuade Penny to do once Me-me and Pop-pop leave the house to go pay a house visit to a married couple whom they know?
(a) Frankie persuades Penny to go to the soda shoppe and have a hot fudge sundae with him.
(b) Frankie persuades Penny to go playcatch with him.
(c) Frankie persuades Penny to go to this house, and eat some of his mom's pot roast with him.
(d) Frankie persuades Penny to go to the public pool with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Me-me fix for Penny's twelfth birthday breakfast?
2. What had the judge told Frankie the last time that he had appeared before the bench?
3. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
4. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
5. What month of the year is underway when Frankie asks Penny to go to the public pool with him?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)