|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not visit Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(b) Uncle Sally.
2. What does Frankie know that he has to do?
(a) Turn himself in to the authorities.
(b) Hire a lawyer.
(c) Apologize to those whom he has wronged.
(d) Tell his parents what has happened.
3. Where is Me-me when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the living room.
4. What is Penny doing when she acknowledges that Heaven could not provide anything better than what she is enjoying at the moment?
(a) She is blowing out the candles on her birthday cake.
(b) She is sitting at the dinner table with Pop-pop, Me-me and her mom, Eleanor.
(c) She is receiving gift after gift at her birthday party.
(d) She is watching the Dodgers play ball.
5. Which of the following United States military services does Mr. Mulligan tell Penny that he joined at one time?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following newspaper sections are read to Penny on while she is at the hospital?
2. Who arrives at Penny's room at the hospital with a container full of ice cream for Penny?
3. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
4. Which of the following terms does Uncle Dominic use in referring to Ann Marie's husband?
5. Who mentions that they may be helping Frankie get into college someday?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in Chapter 20 of the book, do any new beings enter Penny's life after she returns home from the hospital?
2. According to the narrative in Chapter 16 of the book, how does Penny react in relation to her arm injury?
3. According to the text in Chapter 16 of the book, how is Penny distracted to the point that she injures her arm while putting the laundry through the wringer of the washing machine in Nonny's basement?
4. Based on the text in Chapter 20 of the book, how has Penny's bedroom been changed when she returns home following her stay in the hospital?
5. Based on the text in Chapter 14 of the book, how does Frankie's problem with the church ultimately get resolved?
6. Based on the narrative in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Penny show her support for Pop-pop's belief that he is able to talk to Mickey, the nephew whom he lost in the War, through radio static?
7. According to the text in the fourteenth chapter of the book, what does Penny do in order to keep her dying Scarlett O'Hara comfortable during the last hours of her life?
8. According to the text in Chapter 18, what happens to the eight-year-old female cancer patient after all the other children (with the exception of Penny) have been released from the hospital and gone home?
9. Based on the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, why has Frankie decided to run to Penny's house and hide there?
10. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)