|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom of the following painted Penny's room in anticipation of her return home from the hospital?
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
2. Who stops the fight between Cousin Benny and Ann Marie's husband?
(a) Uncle Salvatore.
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
3. Who slaps Uncle Dominic across the face while Penny is recuperating at the hospital?
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
4. Whom of the following is the lifeguard on duty on the day that Penny and Frankie visit the public pool for a swim?
(a) Kenny Bates.
(b) Maury Gillette.
(c) Jack Teitelzweig.
(d) Bradley Pacer.
5. What does Penny's mother gift Penny for her twelfth birthday?
(a) A ruby necklace.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A charm bracelet.
(d) A locket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
2. Who is ill when Penny awakens one morning not long after her birthday?
3. Where does Me-me keep the equipment and supplies that Frankie will need to carry out his offer of help to Nonny ?
4. What does Frankie volunteer to do for Nonny?
5. Which of the following two questions is Penny being asked covertly every time that she is visited at the hospital by a friend or relative, and asked how she is feeling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, why does Frankie feel justified in treating Aunt Concetta's death as an uneventful occurrence in his life as well as that of Penny's?
2. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what contributes to Penny's disappointment while she is in the hospital?
3. According to the text in the fourteenth chapter of the book, what does Penny do in order to keep her dying Scarlett O'Hara comfortable during the last hours of her life?
4. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
5. Based on the narrative in the twelfth chapter of the book, how does Penny show her support for Pop-pop's belief that he is able to talk to Mickey, the nephew whom he lost in the War, through radio static?
6. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what happens in relation to those who visit Penny as she continues her stay in the hospital?
7. Based on the narrative in Chapter 20 of the book, how does Penny's job at Uncle Ralphie's meat market change when she returns to work following her stay in the hospital?
8. Based on the text in Chapter 18, what does Penny learn from Frankie in relation to Uncle Dominic's whereabouts during her stay in the hospital?
9. According to the text in Chapter 18, what happens to the eight-year-old female cancer patient after all the other children (with the exception of Penny) have been released from the hospital and gone home?
10. According to the narrative in Chapter 16 of the book, how does Penny react in relation to her arm injury?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)