|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Penny's relatives has died?
(a) Aunt Concetta.
(b) Great Aunt Liesl.
(c) Great Uncle Herbert
(d) Aunt Beth.
2. What color have the walls in Penny's room been painted to prior to her return home from the hospital?
3. What does Uncle Ralphie do in observance of Penny's birthday?
(a) He places a birthday announcement in the local paper.
(b) He sets up a college fund for Penny at the local bank.
(c) He raises a flag with Penny's name on it.
(d) He closes the store for the day.
4. What color is the bedspread that adorns Penny's bed upon her return home from the hospital?
5. What is the ailment that appears to be claiming the life of the young girl dying in Penny's ward?
(b) Heart trouble.
(c) Hardening of the arteries.
(d) Blood cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities does Penny find difficult to do while she is in the hospital?
2. What is the flavor of the ice cream that Penny is gifted with while she is recuperating in the hospital?
3. What do Penny and Jack Teitelzweig do on their outing together?
4. What is Penny doing when she acknowledges that Heaven could not provide anything better than what she is enjoying at the moment?
5. What does Uncle Ralphie give to Penny for her twelfth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, what contributes toward Penny shedding tears and telling her Uncle Dominic that her life is all messed up?
2. According to the text in Chapter 18, what happens to the eight-year-old female cancer patient after all the other children (with the exception of Penny) have been released from the hospital and gone home?
3. According to the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, what types of items is Penny gifted with on her birthday that may help enhance her appearance?
4. According to the text in Chapter 17 of the book, what contributes to Penny's disappointment while she is in the hospital?
5. According to the text in the fourteenth chapter of the book, what does Penny do in order to keep her dying Scarlett O'Hara comfortable during the last hours of her life?
6. Based on the narrative in Chapter 19, how does Penny finally learn the truth about the circumstances that had surrounded her father's death?
7. According to the narrative in Chapter 17 of the book, what are Penny's thoughts in relation to the people who stop by to visit her while she is in the hospital?
8. Based on the text in Chapter 18, what does Penny learn from Frankie in relation to Uncle Dominic's whereabouts during her stay in the hospital?
9. According to the text in Chapter 13 of the book, what normal events take place in Penny's life on her birthday?
10. According to the narrative in Chapter 20 of the book, do any new beings enter Penny's life after she returns home from the hospital?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)