|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words is misspelled on the sign on the fence at Mrs. Morelli's house?
2. Which dress does Penny choose for her Aunt Gina to wear to her dancing session?
(a) The blue one.
(b) The purple one.
(c) The red one.
(d) The yellow one.
3. What does Penny notice to be missing from the sideboard while she and her family members are having dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) A photo of her mother and father.
(b) The coffee pot.
(c) Her mother's china platter.
(d) Her mother's best silver chafing dish.
4. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
(b) Her Aunt Gina.
(c) Her mother, Eleanor.
5. In all, how many relatives does Penny have whom she refers to as uncles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the subject matter in which Penny and her co-workers find humor?
2. What color is the apparel that Penny picks out for herself at her relative's clothing factory?
3. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
4. What does Mr. Mulligan give to Me-me, Penny, and her mother, Eleanor when he pays them a visit?
5. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the focus upon it in the first chapter of the book, what type of lifestyle is that of Penny Falucci's?
2. Based on the text in Chapter 10 of the book, how are some of the townspeople aware that Penny's late grandfather Falucci had buried cash somewhere on his property?
3. Based on the narrative at the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Penny's mother's relationship with Mr. Mulligan become more apparent to Penny upon her return home from Nonny's?
4. Based on the text in the sixth chapter of the book, in what way is Penny's paternal Uncle Nunzio generous to her?
5. Based on the narrative in the first two chapters of the book, can Penny's Uncle Dominic be considered to be eccentric?
6. Based on the narrative in the first chapter of the book, how are Penny and her Uncle Dominic "different" from other baseball fans in their community?
7. According to the narrative in the eleventh chapter of the book, what takes place before Penny receives her shiner from Veronica?
8. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5, does Penny have to endure any unwanted physical misfortunes as a result of Pop-pop painting the household furniture with black lacquer?
9. Based on the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Penny's mother do to assure an ambiance of comfort in anticipation of Mr. Mulligan's visit to her home for dinner?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, how does Frankie show real concern for his family when his father loses his job?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)