|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best reflects the time that Penny's mother returns home from her date?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 12:45 a.m.
(c) 11:55 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
2. What nationality is that of Penny's father's family?
3. Who does Penny usually call to fix the toilet at her house?
(a) Ace Plumbing Company.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Al's Plumbing Service.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
4. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
(a) Penny falls head first into a can of paint.
(b) A chair is flipped over.
(c) Penny trips and lands on top of the sofa.
(d) The china on top of the table is toppled and broken.
5. Who is Carolina?
(a) Penny's next door neighbor.
(b) Frankie's mother.
(c) Uncle Nunzio's secretary.
(d) Uncle Dominic's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
2. Which dress does Penny choose for her Aunt Gina to wear to her dancing session?
3. What is the fight that Penny gets in at the ball field based upon?
4. What does Scarlett O'Hara do while Mr. Mulligan is having dinner with Penny and her family?
5. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the text of Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, how does Me-me try to fix Penny's black lacquer-related hair problems?
2. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, what action by Penny's mother leads Penny to believe that her mother is now in a happier mood than Penny has ever known her to be?
3. According to the text in the first couple of chapters in the book, why does Penny's maternal grandmother, Me-me, do most of the cooking for Penny and her mother?
4. According to the text in Chapters 7 and 8, what is discussed between Frankie and Penny while they are in the basement helping Nonny with the laundry?
5. Based on the narrative in the first two chapters of the book, can Penny's Uncle Dominic be considered to be eccentric?
6. Based on the narrative in Chapter 4 of the book, how does Pop-pop painting all of the household furniture with black lacquer affect Penny?
7. Based on the narrative in the first chapter of the book, how are Penny and her Uncle Dominic "different" from other baseball fans in their community?
8. Based on the text in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, do Pop-pop and Penny buy anything while they are out for a walk?
9. Based on the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, can Penny's paternal side of the family be labeled as small or large?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, can it be said that Penny's Uncle Ralphie is more generous than her Aunt Fulvia?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)