|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Penny and her father in her dream?
(a) At the park.
(b) At the circus.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At the zoo.
2. Which of the following causes of death do Penny's relatives give her when she asks about how her father died?
(a) Heart attack.
3. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Peas and onions.
(b) Carrots and green beans.
(c) Spinach and carrots.
(d) Peas and lima beans.
4. What is Pop-pop painting on the summer porch?
(a) A wicker couch.
(b) A wooden chair.
(c) A quilt rack.
(d) A desk.
5. What nationality is that of Penny's father's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Penny and her co-worker cookies and lemonade?
2. What was the first piece of jewelry that Penny's mother had?
3. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
4. What type of action do Penny and her co-worker take against the dog that chases them down the road?
5. Whose house grounds were supposed to be stashed with money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, can Penny's paternal side of the family be labeled as small or large?
2. Based on the narrative in Chapter 4 of the book, how does Pop-pop painting all of the household furniture with black lacquer affect Penny?
3. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, what action by Penny's mother leads Penny to believe that her mother is now in a happier mood than Penny has ever known her to be?
4. Based on the narrative in Chapter 9 of the book, how does Uncle Dominic try to guide Penny toward resolving her discontent when she runs from her house to him sobbing uncontrollably?
5. Based on the narrative in the first two chapters of the book, can Penny's Uncle Dominic be considered to be eccentric?
6. Based on the text in Chapter 10 of the book, how are some of the townspeople aware that Penny's late grandfather Falucci had buried cash somewhere on his property?
7. Based on the text of Chapter 7 in the book, are there any annual events that Penny will be enjoying in the very near future?
8. Based on the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Penny's mother do to assure an ambiance of comfort in anticipation of Mr. Mulligan's visit to her home for dinner?
9. Based on the text in the sixth chapter of the book, in what way is Penny's paternal Uncle Nunzio generous to her?
10. According to the text in Chapter 3 of the book, are any signs visible signs of what may be spousal abuse that Frankie and Penny detect while making a delivery stop at Mrs. Giaquinto's house and speaking with her briefly?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)