|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
(a) Uncle Paulie and Nonny.
(b) Aunt Gina and Nonny.
(c) Aunt Gina and Uncle Paulie.
(d) Uncle Dominic and Uncle Paulie.
2. Which of the following best reflects the time that Penny's mother returns home from her date?
(a) 12:45 a.m.
(b) 11:55 p.m.
(c) 10:30 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
3. Which of the following is Penny's last name?
4. Which of the following is the subject matter in which Penny and her co-workers find humor?
5. Who is Penny's mother laughing and talking with at the door when Penny awakens at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Mr. Mulligan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
2. Where do Penny and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
3. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
4. In all, how many relatives does Penny have whom she refers to as uncles?
5. What does Mr. Mulligan give to Me-me, Penny, and her mother, Eleanor when he pays them a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, can Penny's paternal side of the family be labeled as small or large?
2. Based on the narrative in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, how does Frankie show real concern for his family when his father loses his job?
3. Based on the narrative in the first two chapters of the book, can Penny's Uncle Dominic be considered to be eccentric?
4. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, what action by Penny's mother leads Penny to believe that her mother is now in a happier mood than Penny has ever known her to be?
5. According to the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Mr. Mulligan do to try to make a good impression on Penny's mother and her family when he stops by to have dinner with them?
6. Based on the text in Chapter 10 of the book, how are some of the townspeople aware that Penny's late grandfather Falucci had buried cash somewhere on his property?
7. According to the narrative in the eleventh chapter of the book, what takes place before Penny receives her shiner from Veronica?
8. According to the text in Chapters 7 and 8, what is discussed between Frankie and Penny while they are in the basement helping Nonny with the laundry?
9. Based on the narrative in Chapter 4 of the book, how does Pop-pop painting all of the household furniture with black lacquer affect Penny?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, can it be said that Penny's Uncle Ralphie is more generous than her Aunt Fulvia?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)