|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of Penny's mother?
2. To whom is Penny introduced as she starts her new job?
(a) Mrs. Chickalos.
(b) Mr. Knezick.
(c) Mr. Adams.
(d) Mrs. Temple.
3. Which of the following is the subject matter in which Penny and her co-workers find humor?
4. Who does Penny punch in the nose during the baseball game that she and Frankie are playing?
(c) Mr. Mulligan.
5. What type of animal does Penny's dog chase into the house?
(a) A opossum.
(b) A cat.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Penny's birthdays is coming up?
2. In all, how many relatives does Penny have whom she refers to as uncles?
3. Which of the following is Penny struck by when her Uncle Dominic drives her home?
4. Where does Penny end up going when she visits her father's side of the family?
5. Which of the following words is misspelled on the sign on the fence at Mrs. Morelli's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the text in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, do Pop-pop and Penny buy anything while they are out for a walk?
2. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, can it be said that Penny's Uncle Ralphie is more generous than her Aunt Fulvia?
3. Based on the text in the sixth chapter of the book, in what way is Penny's paternal Uncle Nunzio generous to her?
4. According to the text in Chapters 7 and 8, what is discussed between Frankie and Penny while they are in the basement helping Nonny with the laundry?
5. Based on the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Penny's mother do to assure an ambiance of comfort in anticipation of Mr. Mulligan's visit to her home for dinner?
6. According to the text in the first couple of chapters in the book, why does Penny's maternal grandmother, Me-me, do most of the cooking for Penny and her mother?
7. Based on the narrative in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Penny do that causes her mother to be disappointed with her?
8. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, what action by Penny's mother leads Penny to believe that her mother is now in a happier mood than Penny has ever known her to be?
9. According to the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Mr. Mulligan do to try to make a good impression on Penny's mother and her family when he stops by to have dinner with them?
10. Based on the text of Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, how does Me-me try to fix Penny's black lacquer-related hair problems?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)