|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house grounds were supposed to be stashed with money?
(a) Grandfather Falucci's.
(b) Aunt Gina's.
(c) Uncle Salvatore's.
(d) Uncle Ralphie's.
2. What type of animal does Penny's dog chase into the house?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A cat.
(c) A opossum.
(d) A squirrel.
3. Where do Penny and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
(a) At the 24-Hour Diner.
(b) At the local drive-inn.
(c) At the local grill.
(d) At the Sweet Shoppe.
4. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
5. Who lets Mr. Mulligan in when he shows up for dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny pay for with earnings from her job?
2. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
3. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
4. What baseball position does Frankie ask Penny to play?
5. Who was nicknamed "the Water Boy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative at the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Penny's mother's relationship with Mr. Mulligan become more apparent to Penny upon her return home from Nonny's?
2. According to the text in Chapter 3 of the book, how does a large dog interfere with Frankie and Penny's attempt to deliver meat to Mrs. Morelli?
3. Based on the focus upon it in the first chapter of the book, what type of lifestyle is that of Penny Falucci's?
4. According to the text in Chapter 9 of the book, what contributes toward Penny storming out of the house on Saturday afternoon when Mr. Mulligan stops by to watch the ball game on television with her?
5. According to the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Mr. Mulligan do to try to make a good impression on Penny's mother and her family when he stops by to have dinner with them?
6. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, how do Penny and Frankie show their politeness to Mrs. Wiederhorn during their meat delivery stop at her house?
7. Based on the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Penny's mother do to assure an ambiance of comfort in anticipation of Mr. Mulligan's visit to her home for dinner?
8. Based on the narrative in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, how does Frankie show real concern for his family when his father loses his job?
9. According to the text in the first couple of chapters in the book, why does Penny's maternal grandmother, Me-me, do most of the cooking for Penny and her mother?
10. Based on the narrative in the first two chapters of the book, can Penny's Uncle Dominic be considered to be eccentric?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)