|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is going to work alongside Penny as she handles her job?
2. Who is Penny's mother laughing and talking with at the door when Penny awakens at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Mulligan.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
3. What is the primary language that Penny's uncles speak?
4. Which of the following has a large dog?
(a) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(b) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(c) Mrs. Chickalos.
(d) Mrs. Morelli.
5. Which of the following baseball teams do Penny and her Uncle Dominic support?
(a) Dem Bums.
(b) New York Yankees.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) Dem Sluggers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
2. Who do Nonny and Uncle Paulie "talk to" regularly?
3. Where does Penny end up going when she visits her father's side of the family?
4. What does Mr. Mulligan do at the end of his date with Penny's mother (Eleanor) that disappoints Penny?
5. What does Penny pay for with earnings from her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the text in Chapter 9 of the book, what contributes toward Penny storming out of the house on Saturday afternoon when Mr. Mulligan stops by to watch the ball game on television with her?
2. Based on the narrative at the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Penny's mother's relationship with Mr. Mulligan become more apparent to Penny upon her return home from Nonny's?
3. According to the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Mr. Mulligan do to try to make a good impression on Penny's mother and her family when he stops by to have dinner with them?
4. Based on the text in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, do Pop-pop and Penny buy anything while they are out for a walk?
5. Based on the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Penny's mother do to assure an ambiance of comfort in anticipation of Mr. Mulligan's visit to her home for dinner?
6. According to the text in Chapter 3 of the book, how does a large dog interfere with Frankie and Penny's attempt to deliver meat to Mrs. Morelli?
7. According to the text in Chapter 3 of the book, are any signs visible signs of what may be spousal abuse that Frankie and Penny detect while making a delivery stop at Mrs. Giaquinto's house and speaking with her briefly?
8. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, what action by Penny's mother leads Penny to believe that her mother is now in a happier mood than Penny has ever known her to be?
9. According to the text in the first couple of chapters in the book, why does Penny's maternal grandmother, Me-me, do most of the cooking for Penny and her mother?
10. Based on the text of Chapter 7 in the book, are there any annual events that Penny will be enjoying in the very near future?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)