|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Carolina?
(a) Uncle Nunzio's secretary.
(b) Frankie's mother.
(c) Penny's next door neighbor.
(d) Uncle Dominic's girlfriend.
2. What is the name of the lady who is a friend to Penny's mother?
3. What was the first piece of jewelry that Penny's mother had?
(a) A charm bracelet.
(b) A sapphire ring.
(c) A gold locket.
(d) A pearl necklace.
4. Which of Penny's relatives lives in a car?
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
5. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
(a) By taking Scarlett O'Hara for a walk together.
(b) By watching a ball game together.
(c) By playing a game of checkers together.
(d) By fixing dinner for themselves and Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the subject matter in which Penny and her co-workers find humor?
2. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
3. Who owns a clothing store?
4. Who was nicknamed "the Water Boy"?
5. Where is Aunt Gina planning to go dancing?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the text in Chapter 3 of the book, are any signs visible signs of what may be spousal abuse that Frankie and Penny detect while making a delivery stop at Mrs. Giaquinto's house and speaking with her briefly?
2. According to the narrative in the eleventh chapter of the book, what takes place before Penny receives her shiner from Veronica?
3. Based on the focus upon it in the first chapter of the book, what type of lifestyle is that of Penny Falucci's?
4. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5, does Penny have to endure any unwanted physical misfortunes as a result of Pop-pop painting the household furniture with black lacquer?
5. According to the text in Chapter 9 of the book, what contributes toward Penny storming out of the house on Saturday afternoon when Mr. Mulligan stops by to watch the ball game on television with her?
6. Based on the text of Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, how does Me-me try to fix Penny's black lacquer-related hair problems?
7. Based on the text in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, do Pop-pop and Penny buy anything while they are out for a walk?
8. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, what action by Penny's mother leads Penny to believe that her mother is now in a happier mood than Penny has ever known her to be?
9. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, how do Penny and Frankie show their politeness to Mrs. Wiederhorn during their meat delivery stop at her house?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, how does Frankie show real concern for his family when his father loses his job?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)