|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pop-pop ask Mr. Mulligan?
(a) How many times he has been married.
(b) Whether he plans to marry his daughter.
(c) What he dislikes the most about his job.
(d) What he appreciates the most about his job.
2. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
(a) A pair of culottes.
(b) A pair of overalls.
(c) Fall coat.
(d) A Sunday dress.
3. Where are Penny and her father in her dream?
(a) At the park.
(b) At the zoo.
(c) At the circus.
(d) At the beach.
4. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Carrots and green beans.
(b) Peas and lima beans.
(c) Peas and onions.
(d) Spinach and carrots.
5. What is Penny's mother no longer wearing while she is preparing dinner for her family and Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Her pearl necklace.
(b) Her engagement ring.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her charm bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following baseball teams do Penny and her Uncle Dominic support?
2. What state is the setting of the story?
3. Which dress does Penny choose for her Aunt Gina to wear to her dancing session?
4. What baseball position does Frankie ask Penny to play?
5. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in Chapter 4 of the book, how does Pop-pop painting all of the household furniture with black lacquer affect Penny?
2. According to the text in Chapter 18, what happens to the eight-year-old female cancer patient after all the other children (with the exception of Penny) have been released from the hospital and gone home?
3. Based on the text of Chapter 7 in the book, are there any annual events that Penny will be enjoying in the very near future?
4. Based on the narrative in Chapter 19, how does Penny finally learn the truth about the circumstances that had surrounded her father's death?
5. Based on the narrative in Chapter 14 of the book, why has Frankie decided to run to Penny's house and hide there?
6. According to the narrative in the thirteenth chapter of the book, what types of items is Penny gifted with on her birthday that may help enhance her appearance?
7. According to the text in Chapter 13 of the book, what normal events take place in Penny's life on her birthday?
8. According to the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, why does Penny consider the toilet repair by her Uncle Dominic a better birthday present than the Fall coat that has been given to her by her Uncle Nunzio?
9. Based on the text in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, do Pop-pop and Penny buy anything while they are out for a walk?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, can it be said that Penny's Uncle Ralphie is more generous than her Aunt Fulvia?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)