|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is going to work alongside Penny as she handles her job?
2. What is the fight that Penny gets in at the ball field based upon?
(a) A boy who Penny has a crush on.
(b) A call made by the umpire.
(c) Uncle Dominic being referred to as being crazy.
(d) Penny's hair being pulled.
3. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
(a) By taking Scarlett O'Hara for a walk together.
(b) By playing a game of checkers together.
(c) By watching a ball game together.
(d) By fixing dinner for themselves and Eleanor.
4. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
5. What does Penny attempt to lead Mr. Mulligan into believing about her mother?
(a) That her mother is abusive.
(b) That she really does not have any interest in him.
(c) That she really does not know how to cook.
(d) That she spends money extravagantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
2. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
3. Who is Carolina?
4. Which of the following baseball teams do Penny and her Uncle Dominic support?
5. To whom is Penny introduced as she starts her new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in the first chapter of the book, how are Penny and her Uncle Dominic "different" from other baseball fans in their community?
2. Based on the text in the twelfth chapter of the book, why does Frankie feel justified in treating Aunt Concetta's death as an uneventful occurrence in his life as well as that of Penny's?
3. Based on the narrative in Chapter 20 of the book, how does Penny's job at Uncle Ralphie's meat market change when she returns to work following her stay in the hospital?
4. According to the text in Chapters 7 and 8, what is discussed between Frankie and Penny while they are in the basement helping Nonny with the laundry?
5. According to the text in Chapter 22 of the book, what is Penny's visualization of heaven like at the end of the book?
6. According to the text in Chapter 15 of the book, what are some of the reasons that Penny should not join Frankie in going to the public pool?
7. According to the text in the fourteenth chapter of the book, what does Penny do in order to keep her dying Scarlett O'Hara comfortable during the last hours of her life?
8. According to the narrative in the eleventh chapter of the book, what takes place before Penny receives her shiner from Veronica?
9. Based on the text in the thirteenth chapter of the book, do any misunderstandings occur between Penny and her mother on her Penny's birthday?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapter 9 of the book, how does Uncle Dominic try to guide Penny toward resolving her discontent when she runs from her house to him sobbing uncontrollably?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)