|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What baseball position does Frankie ask Penny to play?
(a) Third Base.
2. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
(a) To check on something that was left cooking on the stove.
(b) To jointly carry a large special dessert from the kitchen.
(c) To talk about Mr. Mulligan.
(d) To clean Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
3. Who does Penny punch in the nose during the baseball game that she and Frankie are playing?
(d) Mr. Mulligan.
4. Which dress does Penny choose for her Aunt Gina to wear to her dancing session?
(a) The blue one.
(b) The purple one.
(c) The red one.
(d) The yellow one.
5. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
2. What does Mr. Mulligan do at the end of his date with Penny's mother (Eleanor) that disappoints Penny?
3. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
4. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
5. What does Mr. Mulligan give to Me-me, Penny, and her mother, Eleanor when he pays them a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the text in the first couple of chapters in the book, why does Penny's maternal grandmother, Me-me, do most of the cooking for Penny and her mother?
2. According to the text in Chapter 3 of the book, how does a large dog interfere with Frankie and Penny's attempt to deliver meat to Mrs. Morelli?
3. According to the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, why does Penny consider the toilet repair by her Uncle Dominic a better birthday present than the Fall coat that has been given to her by her Uncle Nunzio?
4. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, what action by Penny's mother leads Penny to believe that her mother is now in a happier mood than Penny has ever known her to be?
5. Based on the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, can Penny's paternal side of the family be labeled as small or large?
6. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, how do Penny and Frankie show their politeness to Mrs. Wiederhorn during their meat delivery stop at her house?
7. Based on the text in the sixth chapter of the book, in what way is Penny's paternal Uncle Nunzio generous to her?
8. Based on the text in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, do Pop-pop and Penny buy anything while they are out for a walk?
9. Based on the text of Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, how does Me-me try to fix Penny's black lacquer-related hair problems?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, how does Frankie show real concern for his family when his father loses his job?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)