|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was nicknamed "the Water Boy"?
(a) Uncle Salvatore.
(b) Grandfather Falucci.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Mr. Mulligan.
2. Specifically, what task will Penny be handling in her new job?
3. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
(b) Her Aunt Gina.
(d) Her mother, Eleanor.
4. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
(a) To clean Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
(b) To jointly carry a large special dessert from the kitchen.
(c) To talk about Mr. Mulligan.
(d) To check on something that was left cooking on the stove.
5. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
(a) Paint his fence.
(b) Sweep his roof.
(c) Wash his car.
(d) Yard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Penny run to for comfort following her confrontation with her mother concerning Mr. Mulligan?
2. What does Scarlett O'Hara do while Mr. Mulligan is having dinner with Penny and her family?
3. Where will Penny's family be going for summer vacation?
4. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
5. What is the primary language that Penny's uncles speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, why does Penny consider the toilet repair by her Uncle Dominic a better birthday present than the Fall coat that has been given to her by her Uncle Nunzio?
2. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, how do Penny and Frankie show their politeness to Mrs. Wiederhorn during their meat delivery stop at her house?
3. Based on the narrative in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Penny do that causes her mother to be disappointed with her?
4. According to the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Mr. Mulligan do to try to make a good impression on Penny's mother and her family when he stops by to have dinner with them?
5. Based on the narrative in the first two chapters of the book, can Penny's Uncle Dominic be considered to be eccentric?
6. Based on the narrative in the first chapter of the book, how are Penny and her Uncle Dominic "different" from other baseball fans in their community?
7. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, what action by Penny's mother leads Penny to believe that her mother is now in a happier mood than Penny has ever known her to be?
8. Based on the text in the sixth chapter of the book, in what way is Penny's paternal Uncle Nunzio generous to her?
9. According to the text in Chapter 3 of the book, how does a large dog interfere with Frankie and Penny's attempt to deliver meat to Mrs. Morelli?
10. According to the text in Chapter 9 of the book, what contributes toward Penny storming out of the house on Saturday afternoon when Mr. Mulligan stops by to watch the ball game on television with her?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)