|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
(a) She tells him that he is not as good-looking as her father was.
(b) She laughs about the clothes that he is wearing.
(c) She tells him to be quiet so that she can hear the ball game.
(d) She ignores him.
2. Which of the following is an after dinner activity at Nonny's?
3. In all, how many relatives does Penny have whom she refers to as uncles?
4. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
(a) To help Me-me with the chores.
(b) To do her homework.
(c) To listen to a classical music program on the radio.
(d) To lay out her school clothes to wear the next day.
5. What was the first piece of jewelry that Penny's mother had?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A gold locket.
(c) A sapphire ring.
(d) A charm bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
2. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
3. What does Penny pay for with earnings from her job?
4. Which of the following is the subject matter in which Penny and her co-workers find humor?
5. What does Penny attempt to lead Mr. Mulligan into believing about her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the text in the first couple of chapters in the book, why does Penny's maternal grandmother, Me-me, do most of the cooking for Penny and her mother?
2. According to the text in Chapter 9 of the book, what contributes toward Penny storming out of the house on Saturday afternoon when Mr. Mulligan stops by to watch the ball game on television with her?
3. Based on the focus upon it in the first chapter of the book, what type of lifestyle is that of Penny Falucci's?
4. Based on the text of Chapter 7 in the book, are there any annual events that Penny will be enjoying in the very near future?
5. Based on the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, can Penny's paternal side of the family be labeled as small or large?
6. According to the text in Chapter 3 of the book, how does a large dog interfere with Frankie and Penny's attempt to deliver meat to Mrs. Morelli?
7. Based on the narrative in the first chapter of the book, how are Penny and her Uncle Dominic "different" from other baseball fans in their community?
8. Based on the text in Chapter 10 of the book, how are some of the townspeople aware that Penny's late grandfather Falucci had buried cash somewhere on his property?
9. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, how do Penny and Frankie show their politeness to Mrs. Wiederhorn during their meat delivery stop at her house?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapter 9 of the book, how does Uncle Dominic try to guide Penny toward resolving her discontent when she runs from her house to him sobbing uncontrollably?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)