|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
(a) The china on top of the table is toppled and broken.
(b) A chair is flipped over.
(c) Penny trips and lands on top of the sofa.
(d) Penny falls head first into a can of paint.
2. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
(a) Aunt Gina.
(b) Aunt Annie.
(c) Aunt Fulvia.
(d) Aunt Claire.
3. What does Pop-pop ask Mr. Mulligan?
(a) How many times he has been married.
(b) What he appreciates the most about his job.
(c) What he dislikes the most about his job.
(d) Whether he plans to marry his daughter.
4. What does Penny find under her mother's bed?
(a) A ring.
(b) A box with mementos.
(c) A diary.
(d) A one hundred-dollar bill.
5. Who does Penny run to for comfort following her confrontation with her mother concerning Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(b) Uncle Salvatore.
(d) Aunt Gina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Pop-pop painting all of the furniture?
2. What is the name of the lady who is a friend to Penny's mother?
3. What is the primary language that Penny's uncles speak?
4. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
5. What type of animal does Penny's dog chase into the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the text in Chapter 3 of the book, how does a large dog interfere with Frankie and Penny's attempt to deliver meat to Mrs. Morelli?
2. Based on the narrative in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, how does Frankie show real concern for his family when his father loses his job?
3. Based on the narrative in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Penny do that causes her mother to be disappointed with her?
4. Based on the text in Chapter 10 of the book, how are some of the townspeople aware that Penny's late grandfather Falucci had buried cash somewhere on his property?
5. Based on the text of Chapter 7 in the book, are there any annual events that Penny will be enjoying in the very near future?
6. Based on the narrative in the first chapter of the book, how are Penny and her Uncle Dominic "different" from other baseball fans in their community?
7. Based on the text in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, do Pop-pop and Penny buy anything while they are out for a walk?
8. Based on the text of Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, how does Me-me try to fix Penny's black lacquer-related hair problems?
9. Based on the text in the sixth chapter of the book, in what way is Penny's paternal Uncle Nunzio generous to her?
10. According to the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, can Sunday dinners at Penny's paternal grandmother's (Nonny's) house be described as being Italian-themed?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)