|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Penny's relatives lives in a car?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
2. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
3. Which of the following is Penny's last name?
4. Who offers Penny and her co-worker cookies and lemonade?
(a) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(b) Mrs. Morelli.
(c) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(d) Mrs. Chickalos.
5. Who owns a clothing store?
(a) Aunt Gina.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Uncle Nunzio.
(d) Uncle Paulie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny find under her mother's bed?
2. Which of Penny's birthdays is coming up?
3. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
4. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
5. Which of the following is an after dinner activity at Nonny's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative at the beginning of Chapter 9, how does Penny's mother's relationship with Mr. Mulligan become more apparent to Penny upon her return home from Nonny's?
2. Based on the text in Chapters 7 and 8 of the book, do Pop-pop and Penny buy anything while they are out for a walk?
3. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, how do Penny and Frankie show their politeness to Mrs. Wiederhorn during their meat delivery stop at her house?
4. According to the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, can Sunday dinners at Penny's paternal grandmother's (Nonny's) house be described as being Italian-themed?
5. According to the text in the first couple of chapters in the book, why does Penny's maternal grandmother, Me-me, do most of the cooking for Penny and her mother?
6. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5, does Penny have to endure any unwanted physical misfortunes as a result of Pop-pop painting the household furniture with black lacquer?
7. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, can it be said that Penny's Uncle Ralphie is more generous than her Aunt Fulvia?
8. Based on the narrative in Chapter 4 of the book, how does Pop-pop painting all of the household furniture with black lacquer affect Penny?
9. Based on the text in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Penny's mother do to assure an ambiance of comfort in anticipation of Mr. Mulligan's visit to her home for dinner?
10. Based on the focus upon it in the first chapter of the book, what type of lifestyle is that of Penny Falucci's?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)