|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
(a) When company is expected.
(b) When Nonny does not feel like cooking.
(c) Every Sunday.
(d) Every Thursday.
2. Which of the following is the name of Penny's dog?
(a) Harriet O'Hare.
(c) Scarlett O'Hara.
(d) Beulah O'Reilly.
3. Which dress does Penny choose for her Aunt Gina to wear to her dancing session?
(a) The yellow one.
(b) The blue one.
(c) The red one.
(d) The purple one.
4. Who is Penny's mother laughing and talking with at the door when Penny awakens at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
5. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
(a) Yard work.
(b) Sweep his roof.
(c) Paint his fence.
(d) Wash his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lets Mr. Mulligan in when he shows up for dinner?
2. Where will Penny's family be going for summer vacation?
3. Who does Penny usually call to fix the toilet at her house?
4. What does Penny attempt to lead Mr. Mulligan into believing about her mother?
5. Where is Aunt Gina planning to go dancing?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5, does Penny have to endure any unwanted physical misfortunes as a result of Pop-pop painting the household furniture with black lacquer?
2. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, can it be said that Penny's Uncle Ralphie is more generous than her Aunt Fulvia?
3. According to the text in Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, what action by Penny's mother leads Penny to believe that her mother is now in a happier mood than Penny has ever known her to be?
4. According to the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, why does Penny consider the toilet repair by her Uncle Dominic a better birthday present than the Fall coat that has been given to her by her Uncle Nunzio?
5. According to the text in the first couple of chapters in the book, why does Penny's maternal grandmother, Me-me, do most of the cooking for Penny and her mother?
6. Based on the text in Chapter 10 of the book, how are some of the townspeople aware that Penny's late grandfather Falucci had buried cash somewhere on his property?
7. According to the text in Chapters 7 and 8, what is discussed between Frankie and Penny while they are in the basement helping Nonny with the laundry?
8. Based on the text in the sixth chapter of the book, in what way is Penny's paternal Uncle Nunzio generous to her?
9. Based on the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, can Penny's paternal side of the family be labeled as small or large?
10. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, how do Penny and Frankie show their politeness to Mrs. Wiederhorn during their meat delivery stop at her house?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)