|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is going to work alongside Penny as she handles her job?
2. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
(a) Penny falls head first into a can of paint.
(b) A chair is flipped over.
(c) Penny trips and lands on top of the sofa.
(d) The china on top of the table is toppled and broken.
3. Who offers Penny and her co-worker cookies and lemonade?
(a) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(b) Mrs. Morelli.
(c) Mrs. Chickalos.
(d) Mrs. Giaquinto.
4. Who does Penny run to for comfort following her confrontation with her mother concerning Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Uncle Salvatore.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Aunt Gina.
5. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
(a) Uncle Paulie and Nonny.
(b) Aunt Gina and Uncle Paulie.
(c) Aunt Gina and Nonny.
(d) Uncle Dominic and Uncle Paulie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
2. Which of the following is an after dinner activity at Nonny's?
3. Who does Penny usually call to fix the toilet at her house?
4. What is the name of the lady who is a friend to Penny's mother?
5. What state is the setting of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, can Penny's paternal side of the family be labeled as small or large?
2. According to the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, why does Penny consider the toilet repair by her Uncle Dominic a better birthday present than the Fall coat that has been given to her by her Uncle Nunzio?
3. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, can it be said that Penny's Uncle Ralphie is more generous than her Aunt Fulvia?
4. According to the text in the first couple of chapters in the book, why does Penny's maternal grandmother, Me-me, do most of the cooking for Penny and her mother?
5. According to the text in Chapter 3 of the book, how does a large dog interfere with Frankie and Penny's attempt to deliver meat to Mrs. Morelli?
6. Based on the focus upon it in the first chapter of the book, what type of lifestyle is that of Penny Falucci's?
7. Based on the narrative in Chapter 9 of the book, how does Uncle Dominic try to guide Penny toward resolving her discontent when she runs from her house to him sobbing uncontrollably?
8. Based on the narrative in Chapter 3 of the book, how do Penny and Frankie show their politeness to Mrs. Wiederhorn during their meat delivery stop at her house?
9. According to the text in Chapters 7 and 8, what is discussed between Frankie and Penny while they are in the basement helping Nonny with the laundry?
10. Based on the text in Chapter 10 of the book, how are some of the townspeople aware that Penny's late grandfather Falucci had buried cash somewhere on his property?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)