|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frankie want Uncle Dominic to teach him?
(a) How to solve algebra problems.
(b) How to repair cars.
(c) How to trim bushes.
(d) How to drive.
2. What does Scarlett O'Hara do while Mr. Mulligan is having dinner with Penny and her family?
(a) Scarlett barks non-stop.
(b) Scarlett pees on Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
(c) Scarlett begs for table food.
(d) Scarlett begins to whine.
3. What does Mr. Mulligan give to Me-me, Penny, and her mother, Eleanor when he pays them a visit?
(a) A box of candy.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A group photo of themselves.
4. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
5. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
(a) Paint his fence.
(b) Sweep his roof.
(c) Wash his car.
(d) Yard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
2. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
3. What was Penny's mother wearing in the photo behind which Penny's father wrote, "I am the luckiest fella ever"?
4. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
5. Which of the following words is misspelled on the sign on the fence at Mrs. Morelli's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in the eleventh chapter of the book, what does Penny do that causes her mother to be disappointed with her?
2. Based on the text in Chapter 10 of the book, how are some of the townspeople aware that Penny's late grandfather Falucci had buried cash somewhere on his property?
3. Based on the narrative in the first chapter of the book, how are Penny and her Uncle Dominic "different" from other baseball fans in their community?
4. Based on the text of Chapters 4 and 5 of the book, how does Me-me try to fix Penny's black lacquer-related hair problems?
5. Based on the narrative in Chapter 15 of the book, what contributes to Penny spending a perfect day with Uncle Dominic some time after she is grounded for having disobeyed Me-me's order of not going to the public pool with Frankie?
6. Based on the text in the sixth chapter of the book, in what way is Penny's paternal Uncle Nunzio generous to her?
7. According to the narrative in Chapter 19, what contributes to Penny changing her attitude toward Mr. Mulligan change while she is in the hospital?
8. According to the text in Chapters 7 and 8, what is discussed between Frankie and Penny while they are in the basement helping Nonny with the laundry?
9. According to the narrative in the sixth chapter of the book, why does Penny consider the toilet repair by her Uncle Dominic a better birthday present than the Fall coat that has been given to her by her Uncle Nunzio?
10. Based on the text of Chapter 7 in the book, are there any annual events that Penny will be enjoying in the very near future?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)