|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eleanor disappointed toward the end of Penny's twelfth birthday?
(a) Because she realizes that Penny's childhood is ending.
(b) Because she has been upstaged by her late husband's side of the family.
(c) Because Penny has been eating too many sweets.
(d) Because she does not have the funds to buy Penny a special birthday gift.
2. What does Me-me fix for Penny's twelfth birthday breakfast?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(b) Porridge with strawberries.
(c) Apple strudel and pork sausage.
(d) Banana pancakes.
3. What position does Frankie feel that he will lose as a result of the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) His position as a grass mower in the neighborhood.
(b) His position as pitcher on his baseball team.
(c) His position as delivery boy for Uncle Ralphie.
(d) His position as an altar boy.
4. Who is ill when Penny awakens one morning not long after her birthday?
(a) Penny's mother, Eleanor.
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Scarlett O'Hara.
5. What color have the walls in Penny's room been painted to prior to her return home from the hospital?
6. What do Penny and Jack Teitelzweig do on their outing together?
(a) They go to a movie.
(b) They watch a baseball game.
(c) They go on a picnic.
(d) They go out for ice cream.
7. What does Aunt Gina do for Penny upon her return home from the hospital?
(a) She gives her a classics book collection to read.
(b) She takes her to the beauty salon for a hair done.
(c) She takes her to the Sweet Shoppe for a banana split.
(d) She gives her a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.
8. What does Frankie volunteer to do for Nonny?
(a) Mow the grass.
(b) Sweep pine needles off the roof of her home.
(c) Wash her and Pop-pop's car.
(d) The laundry.
9. Which of the following is not among the gifts that Penny receives on her birthday?
(a) A fancy satin skirt.
(b) A twenty-dollar bill.
(c) Black patent Mary Janes.
(d) A comb and brush set.
10. Who does not visit Penny while she is in the hospital?
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Sally.
11. Whom of the following is the lifeguard on duty on the day that Penny and Frankie visit the public pool for a swim?
(a) Kenny Bates.
(b) Jack Teitelzweig.
(c) Maury Gillette.
(d) Bradley Pacer.
12. Which of the following does Frankie pull out from a hole behind a brick on the wall?
(a) A burlap bag full of money.
(b) A cigar box filled with money.
(c) A wallet full of money.
(d) A mason jar filled with five-dollar bills.
13. What does the funeral director threaten Frankie with due to his misbehavior?
(a) To ask him to leave.
(b) To call the police.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To take his transistor radio away from him.
14. Which of the following will Frankie have to pay for in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) A broken window.
(b) A busted door.
(c) A stained carpet.
(d) A dead-bolt lock.
15. What is the flavor of the ice cream that Penny is gifted with while she is recuperating in the hospital?
(a) Rocky Road.
(b) Caramel Swirl.
(d) Butter Pecan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pop-pop's deceased nephew whom he claims to be able to talk to through radio static?
2. What does Frankie know that he has to do?
3. Who stops the fight between Cousin Benny and Ann Marie's husband?
4. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
5. Which of the following activities does Penny find most exhausting during her stay at the hospital?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)