|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives Penny and her family to the funeral home for her deceased relative's wake?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(b) Uncle Salvatore.
(c) Cousin Benny.
(d) Cousin Paul.
2. How many funeral cards does Frankie claim to have collected when he and Penny learn about their relative's death?
3. What color is the bedspread that adorns Penny's bed upon her return home from the hospital?
4. Who reads the newspaper to Penny while she is in the hospital?
(b) Her mother, Eleanor.
(c) Mr. Mulligan.
(d) Nurse Rita.
5. Who finally tells Penny the truth about the situation surrounding her father's death?
(a) Aunt Fulvia.
(b) Cousin Benny.
(c) Aunt Gina.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
6. Which of the following does Frankie pull out from a hole behind a brick on the wall?
(a) A burlap bag full of money.
(b) A wallet full of money.
(c) A mason jar filled with five-dollar bills.
(d) A cigar box filled with money.
7. Which of the following jobs is Penny assigned to handle at Falucci's Meat Market upon her return to work following her stay at the hospital?
(c) Inventory Clerk.
8. Which of the following represents a category that Penny uses to categorize the other kids in her ward?
9. Who does not visit Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Uncle Sally.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
10. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
(a) By chewing gum and popping it.
(b) By poking the corpse.
(c) By playing his transistor radio loudly.
(d) By laughing out loud.
11. Who manages to get an all-access pass to visit Penny in her hospital room at any time?
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
12. What month of the year is underway when Frankie asks Penny to go to the public pool with him?
13. What type of disease does Me-me believe that a person can contract at a public pool?
14. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Cousin Benny.
15. Why is Eleanor disappointed toward the end of Penny's twelfth birthday?
(a) Because she realizes that Penny's childhood is ending.
(b) Because she has been upstaged by her late husband's side of the family.
(c) Because Penny has been eating too many sweets.
(d) Because she does not have the funds to buy Penny a special birthday gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny's mother gift Penny for her twelfth birthday?
2. Whom of the following accompanies Penny for her birthday gift-related trip?
3. What is the age of the young girl who is dying of cancer in Penny's ward at the hospital?
4. What does Me-me notice about the dress that Penny is to wear to her deceased relative's wake?
5. What name does Penny choose for the black and white kitten that Pop-pop gives to her when she returns home from the hospital?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)