|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penny's mother gift Penny for her twelfth birthday?
(a) A ruby necklace.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A locket.
(d) A charm bracelet.
2. What does the doctor tell Penny about her injured arm?
(a) That he will have to take skin from her hip to patch up her arm.
(b) That she will never be able to use her arm again.
(c) That her recovery time will be between eight and ten weeks.
(d) That he will not be able to perform surgery on her.
3. Which of the following states is Uncle Dominic visiting while Penny is in the hospital recuperating from her injury?
4. What is Penny doing when she acknowledges that Heaven could not provide anything better than what she is enjoying at the moment?
(a) She is sitting at the dinner table with Pop-pop, Me-me and her mom, Eleanor.
(b) She is watching the Dodgers play ball.
(c) She is blowing out the candles on her birthday cake.
(d) She is receiving gift after gift at her birthday party.
5. What does the funeral director threaten Frankie with due to his misbehavior?
(a) To take his transistor radio away from him.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To ask him to leave.
(d) To call the police.
6. Which of the following United States military services does Mr. Mulligan tell Penny that he joined at one time?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Navy.
7. What does Frankie volunteer to do for Nonny?
(a) Sweep pine needles off the roof of her home.
(b) The laundry.
(c) Wash her and Pop-pop's car.
(d) Mow the grass.
8. Who stops the fight between Cousin Benny and Ann Marie's husband?
(a) Uncle Salvatore.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
9. What is the ailment that appears to be claiming the life of the young girl dying in Penny's ward?
(a) Heart trouble.
(c) Hardening of the arteries.
(d) Blood cancer.
10. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
(a) Because he has been drinking.
(b) Because he likes to get attention from everyone.
(c) Because he is very sensitive to allergies.
(d) Because he has a chronic medical condition.
11. Who drives Penny and her family to the funeral home for her deceased relative's wake?
(a) Uncle Salvatore.
(b) Cousin Benny.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Cousin Paul.
12. Which of the following activities is part of the "perfect day" that Penny spends with her Uncle Dominic?
(a) Enjoy a tour of Ebbets Field.
(b) Enjoy the rides on the boardwalk.
(c) Eat Chinese food.
(d) Bump into their favorite baseball player while on a walk.
13. How many times per day does Eleanor (Penny's mother) visit her while she is in the hospital?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Four times a day.
14. Which of the following does Frankie persuade Penny to do once Me-me and Pop-pop leave the house to go pay a house visit to a married couple whom they know?
(a) Frankie persuades Penny to go playcatch with him.
(b) Frankie persuades Penny to go to the soda shoppe and have a hot fudge sundae with him.
(c) Frankie persuades Penny to go to the public pool with him.
(d) Frankie persuades Penny to go to this house, and eat some of his mom's pot roast with him.
15. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
(b) Me-me's banana pancakes.
(c) Sitting in the Plymouth RoadKing with Uncle Dominic.
(d) Playing ball with Frankie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following newspaper sections becomes a favorite for Penny and the person reading the newspaper to her?
2. What name does Penny choose for the black and white kitten that Pop-pop gives to her when she returns home from the hospital?
3. Whom of the following accompanies Penny for her birthday gift-related trip?
4. What does Frankie know that he has to do?
5. Which of the following two questions is Penny being asked covertly every time that she is visited at the hospital by a friend or relative, and asked how she is feeling?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)