|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following United States military services does Mr. Mulligan tell Penny that he joined at one time?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Air Force.
2. Whom of the following is the lifeguard on duty on the day that Penny and Frankie visit the public pool for a swim?
(a) Kenny Bates.
(b) Bradley Pacer.
(c) Jack Teitelzweig.
(d) Maury Gillette.
3. Which of the following terms does Uncle Dominic use in referring to Ann Marie's husband?
4. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) Writing a tribute about the deceased relative.
(b) Paying some bills.
(c) Listening to his deceased nephew on the radio static again.
(d) Talking on the telephone.
5. Which of the following newspaper sections becomes a favorite for Penny and the person reading the newspaper to her?
(a) The Funnies.
(b) The Editorials.
(c) The Weather Section.
(d) The Police Blotter.
6. Who mentions that they may be helping Frankie get into college someday?
(a) Uncle Nunzio.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
7. What does Uncle Ralphie do in observance of Penny's birthday?
(a) He closes the store for the day.
(b) He sets up a college fund for Penny at the local bank.
(c) He raises a flag with Penny's name on it.
(d) He places a birthday announcement in the local paper.
8. What does the funeral director threaten Frankie with due to his misbehavior?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To call the police.
(c) To take his transistor radio away from him.
(d) To ask him to leave.
9. Whom of the following does Frankie owe an apology to in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) Mrs. Morelli.
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Father Giovanni.
(d) Mrs. Giaquinto.
10. What type of disease does Me-me believe that a person can contract at a public pool?
11. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
(a) By laughing out loud.
(b) By poking the corpse.
(c) By chewing gum and popping it.
(d) By playing his transistor radio loudly.
12. What is the name of Penny's doctor?
(a) Dr. Boyle.
(b) Dr. Stewart.
(c) Dr. Updike.
(d) Dr. Goldstein.
13. What does Uncle Ralphie give to Penny for her twelfth birthday?
(a) A collection of baseball cards.
(b) A pair of binoculars.
(c) A set of tickets to the ball game.
(d) A pecan roll.
14. Which of the following activities is part of the "perfect day" that Penny spends with her Uncle Dominic?
(a) Bump into their favorite baseball player while on a walk.
(b) Enjoy the rides on the boardwalk.
(c) Eat Chinese food.
(d) Enjoy a tour of Ebbets Field.
15. Where did Penny offer to hide Frankie?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In her closet.
(d) In the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items had Uncle Dominic given to Penny's father that created such a stir that resulted in Penny's father being sent to an internment camp in the state of Oklahoma where he eventually died?
2. Where does Penny travel for one of her birthday gifts?
3. What is Penny doing when Uncle Dominic finally stops by to see her following her stay at the hospital?
4. Which of the following two questions is Penny being asked covertly every time that she is visited at the hospital by a friend or relative, and asked how she is feeling?
5. Who drives Penny and her family to the funeral home for her deceased relative's wake?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)