|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frankie volunteer to do for Nonny?
(a) The laundry.
(b) Wash her and Pop-pop's car.
(c) Mow the grass.
(d) Sweep pine needles off the roof of her home.
2. Who arrives at Penny's room at the hospital with a container full of ice cream for Penny?
(a) Mr. Mulligan.
(b) Aunt Gina.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
3. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
(a) Because he has been drinking.
(b) Because he is very sensitive to allergies.
(c) Because he has a chronic medical condition.
(d) Because he likes to get attention from everyone.
4. What color is the bedspread that adorns Penny's bed upon her return home from the hospital?
5. Who slaps Uncle Dominic across the face while Penny is recuperating at the hospital?
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
6. Who stops the fight between Cousin Benny and Ann Marie's husband?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Salvatore.
7. What is the age of the young girl who is dying of cancer in Penny's ward at the hospital?
(a) Eight (8) years of age.
(b) Five (5) years of age.
(c) Six (6) years of age.
(d) Seven (7) years of age.
8. What position does Frankie feel that he will lose as a result of the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) His position as an altar boy.
(b) His position as a grass mower in the neighborhood.
(c) His position as pitcher on his baseball team.
(d) His position as delivery boy for Uncle Ralphie.
9. What is Penny doing when she acknowledges that Heaven could not provide anything better than what she is enjoying at the moment?
(a) She is receiving gift after gift at her birthday party.
(b) She is sitting at the dinner table with Pop-pop, Me-me and her mom, Eleanor.
(c) She is blowing out the candles on her birthday cake.
(d) She is watching the Dodgers play ball.
10. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A crime comic.
(b) A catcher's mitt.
(c) A baseball cap with her name on it.
(d) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
11. What happens to the charges that have been filed against Frankie?
(a) They are elevated to felonies.
(b) They are dropped.
(c) They are set for a trial by judge.
(d) They are set for a trial by jury.
12. Who manages to get an all-access pass to visit Penny in her hospital room at any time?
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
13. What type of disease does Me-me believe that a person can contract at a public pool?
14. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
(a) Me-me's banana pancakes.
(b) Playing ball with Frankie.
(c) Sitting in the Plymouth RoadKing with Uncle Dominic.
15. Where does Me-me keep the equipment and supplies that Frankie will need to carry out his offer of help to Nonny ?
(a) In the utility room.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the storage shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
2. Which of the following activities does Penny find difficult to do while she is in the hospital?
3. Who is Frankie running from when Penny finds him in the bushes in her back yard?
4. What does Me-me notice about the dress that Penny is to wear to her deceased relative's wake?
5. Which of the following activities is part of the "perfect day" that Penny spends with her Uncle Dominic?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)