|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
(a) Sitting in the Plymouth RoadKing with Uncle Dominic.
(c) Me-me's banana pancakes.
(d) Playing ball with Frankie.
2. What is Penny doing when she acknowledges that Heaven could not provide anything better than what she is enjoying at the moment?
(a) She is blowing out the candles on her birthday cake.
(b) She is sitting at the dinner table with Pop-pop, Me-me and her mom, Eleanor.
(c) She is watching the Dodgers play ball.
(d) She is receiving gift after gift at her birthday party.
3. What does Uncle Ralphie do in observance of Penny's birthday?
(a) He sets up a college fund for Penny at the local bank.
(b) He closes the store for the day.
(c) He raises a flag with Penny's name on it.
(d) He places a birthday announcement in the local paper.
4. Whom of the following accompanies Penny for her birthday gift-related trip?
(b) Aunt Gina.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
5. What does Frankie know that he has to do?
(a) Hire a lawyer.
(b) Tell his parents what has happened.
(c) Apologize to those whom he has wronged.
(d) Turn himself in to the authorities.
6. Who slaps Uncle Dominic across the face while Penny is recuperating at the hospital?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
7. Which of the following two questions is Penny being asked covertly every time that she is visited at the hospital by a friend or relative, and asked how she is feeling?
(a) Are you bored after having spent so many days here?
(b) Is the doctor going to perform surgery on you?
(c) Are you depressed?
(d) Can you move your fingers yet?
8. Who reads the newspaper to Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Mr. Mulligan.
(b) Her mother, Eleanor.
(c) Nurse Rita.
9. Which of the following represents a category that Penny uses to categorize the other kids in her ward?
10. Where is Me-me when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the living room.
11. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
(a) That Scarlett O'Hara has received a clean bill of health from the vet.
(b) That Scarlett O'Hara has died.
(c) That Me-me is very sick.
(d) That he has received a letter from Uncle Salvatore.
12. Which of the following activities does Penny find difficult to do while she is in the hospital?
(a) Turn her head to the left or right.
13. Which of the following items had Uncle Dominic given to Penny's father that created such a stir that resulted in Penny's father being sent to an internment camp in the state of Oklahoma where he eventually died?
(a) A short wave radio.
(b) An Italian spy trade publication.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A decoder.
14. Where does Penny travel for one of her birthday gifts?
(a) To Atlantic City.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To Boston.
(d) To Buffalo.
15. Which of the following newspaper sections becomes a favorite for Penny and the person reading the newspaper to her?
(a) The Editorials.
(b) The Weather Section.
(c) The Funnies.
(d) The Police Blotter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color have the walls in Penny's room been painted to prior to her return home from the hospital?
2. Who is Frankie running from when Penny finds him in the bushes in her back yard?
3. Where does Aunt Gina promise to take Penny when she leaves the hospital?
4. Why is Eleanor disappointed toward the end of Penny's twelfth birthday?
5. What happens to the charges that have been filed against Frankie?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)