|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following will Frankie have to pay for in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) A busted door.
(b) A stained carpet.
(c) A broken window.
(d) A dead-bolt lock.
2. Which of the following represents a category that Penny uses to categorize the other kids in her ward?
3. Whom of the following painted Penny's room in anticipation of her return home from the hospital?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
4. How many funeral cards does Frankie claim to have collected when he and Penny learn about their relative's death?
5. What does Aunt Gina do for Penny upon her return home from the hospital?
(a) She takes her to the beauty salon for a hair done.
(b) She gives her a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.
(c) She gives her a classics book collection to read.
(d) She takes her to the Sweet Shoppe for a banana split.
6. Where is Me-me when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the living room.
7. Which of the following does Frankie persuade Penny to do once Me-me and Pop-pop leave the house to go pay a house visit to a married couple whom they know?
(a) Frankie persuades Penny to go to this house, and eat some of his mom's pot roast with him.
(b) Frankie persuades Penny to go playcatch with him.
(c) Frankie persuades Penny to go to the public pool with him.
(d) Frankie persuades Penny to go to the soda shoppe and have a hot fudge sundae with him.
8. Which of the following activities is part of the "perfect day" that Penny spends with her Uncle Dominic?
(a) Eat Chinese food.
(b) Enjoy a tour of Ebbets Field.
(c) Enjoy the rides on the boardwalk.
(d) Bump into their favorite baseball player while on a walk.
9. Who drives Penny and her family to the funeral home for her deceased relative's wake?
(a) Cousin Paul.
(b) Uncle Salvatore.
(c) Cousin Benny.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
10. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
(a) That Scarlett O'Hara has received a clean bill of health from the vet.
(b) That Me-me is very sick.
(c) That he has received a letter from Uncle Salvatore.
(d) That Scarlett O'Hara has died.
11. Where does Me-me keep the equipment and supplies that Frankie will need to carry out his offer of help to Nonny ?
(a) In the storage shed.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In the utility room.
(d) In the basement.
12. What does Frankie volunteer to do for Nonny?
(a) The laundry.
(b) Mow the grass.
(c) Wash her and Pop-pop's car.
(d) Sweep pine needles off the roof of her home.
13. What is the name of Penny's doctor?
(a) Dr. Stewart.
(b) Dr. Goldstein.
(c) Dr. Updike.
(d) Dr. Boyle.
14. Which of Penny's relatives has died?
(a) Aunt Beth.
(b) Great Uncle Herbert
(c) Aunt Concetta.
(d) Great Aunt Liesl.
15. What position does Frankie feel that he will lose as a result of the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) His position as pitcher on his baseball team.
(b) His position as a grass mower in the neighborhood.
(c) His position as delivery boy for Uncle Ralphie.
(d) His position as an altar boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the judge told Frankie the last time that he had appeared before the bench?
2. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
3. Where does Aunt Gina promise to take Penny when she leaves the hospital?
4. Which of the following newspaper sections becomes a favorite for Penny and the person reading the newspaper to her?
5. Where does Penny travel for one of her birthday gifts?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)