|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
(a) By chewing gum and popping it.
(b) By poking the corpse.
(c) By laughing out loud.
(d) By playing his transistor radio loudly.
2. Which of the following states is Uncle Dominic visiting while Penny is in the hospital recuperating from her injury?
3. Who finally tells Penny the truth about the situation surrounding her father's death?
(a) Aunt Fulvia.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Aunt Gina.
(d) Cousin Benny.
4. Which of the following activities does Penny find difficult to do while she is in the hospital?
(a) Turn her head to the left or right.
5. What does Penny's mother gift Penny for her twelfth birthday?
(a) A locket.
(b) A ruby necklace.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A charm bracelet.
6. Where does Penny travel for one of her birthday gifts?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To Boston.
(c) To Buffalo.
(d) To Atlantic City.
7. Who does Penny overhear talking about the young girl in her ward who is dying?
(a) Some doctors.
(b) Some nurses.
(c) Some hospital lab workers.
(d) Some orderlies.
8. Why does Penny become the most popular person in her ward after visiting hours?
(a) Because she always has something interesting to say.
(b) Because she keeps snacks in her room.
(c) Because she has a radio.
(d) Because she has a television set.
9. Which of the following is not among the gifts that Penny receives on her birthday?
(a) Black patent Mary Janes.
(b) A comb and brush set.
(c) A twenty-dollar bill.
(d) A fancy satin skirt.
10. Which of the following jobs is Penny assigned to handle at Falucci's Meat Market upon her return to work following her stay at the hospital?
(d) Inventory Clerk.
11. Which of the following United States military services does Mr. Mulligan tell Penny that he joined at one time?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Navy.
12. What does Me-me fix for Penny's twelfth birthday breakfast?
(a) Banana pancakes.
(b) Porridge with strawberries.
(c) Apple strudel and pork sausage.
(d) Ham and eggs.
13. What do Penny and Jack Teitelzweig do on their outing together?
(a) They go out for ice cream.
(b) They watch a baseball game.
(c) They go to a movie.
(d) They go on a picnic.
14. Where does Aunt Gina promise to take Penny when she leaves the hospital?
(a) To the boardwalk in Atlantic City.
(b) To Radio City Music Hall.
(c) To a lighthouse in Maine.
(d) To Coney Island.
15. Which of the following does Frankie pull out from a hole behind a brick on the wall?
(a) A cigar box filled with money.
(b) A burlap bag full of money.
(c) A wallet full of money.
(d) A mason jar filled with five-dollar bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the fight between Cousin Benny and Ann Marie's husband?
2. Which of the following activities is part of the "perfect day" that Penny spends with her Uncle Dominic?
3. Who manages to get an all-access pass to visit Penny in her hospital room at any time?
4. Whom of the following is the lifeguard on duty on the day that Penny and Frankie visit the public pool for a swim?
5. Who reads the newspaper to Penny while she is in the hospital?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)