|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color have the walls in Penny's room been painted to prior to her return home from the hospital?
2. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
(a) Because he is very sensitive to allergies.
(b) Because he has been drinking.
(c) Because he has a chronic medical condition.
(d) Because he likes to get attention from everyone.
3. What is the flavor of the ice cream that Penny is gifted with while she is recuperating in the hospital?
(b) Caramel Swirl.
(c) Butter Pecan.
(d) Rocky Road.
4. Which of the following does Frankie persuade Penny to do once Me-me and Pop-pop leave the house to go pay a house visit to a married couple whom they know?
(a) Frankie persuades Penny to go to the soda shoppe and have a hot fudge sundae with him.
(b) Frankie persuades Penny to go to this house, and eat some of his mom's pot roast with him.
(c) Frankie persuades Penny to go to the public pool with him.
(d) Frankie persuades Penny to go playcatch with him.
5. Why is Eleanor disappointed toward the end of Penny's twelfth birthday?
(a) Because she realizes that Penny's childhood is ending.
(b) Because Penny has been eating too many sweets.
(c) Because she has been upstaged by her late husband's side of the family.
(d) Because she does not have the funds to buy Penny a special birthday gift.
6. Whom of the following painted Penny's room in anticipation of her return home from the hospital?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
7. Which of the following two questions is Penny being asked covertly every time that she is visited at the hospital by a friend or relative, and asked how she is feeling?
(a) Are you depressed?
(b) Is the doctor going to perform surgery on you?
(c) Are you bored after having spent so many days here?
(d) Can you move your fingers yet?
8. Who does Penny overhear talking about the young girl in her ward who is dying?
(a) Some nurses.
(b) Some doctors.
(c) Some hospital lab workers.
(d) Some orderlies.
9. What is the age of the young girl who is dying of cancer in Penny's ward at the hospital?
(a) Five (5) years of age.
(b) Eight (8) years of age.
(c) Six (6) years of age.
(d) Seven (7) years of age.
10. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
11. Which of the following activities does Penny find difficult to do while she is in the hospital?
(d) Turn her head to the left or right.
12. Who whistles a birthday salute in song for Penny on her special day?
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Uncle Salvatore.
(d) Cousin Benny.
13. What is Penny doing when she acknowledges that Heaven could not provide anything better than what she is enjoying at the moment?
(a) She is watching the Dodgers play ball.
(b) She is sitting at the dinner table with Pop-pop, Me-me and her mom, Eleanor.
(c) She is receiving gift after gift at her birthday party.
(d) She is blowing out the candles on her birthday cake.
14. Whom of the following asks a nurse whether Penny's father was really a spy?
(a) A man named Harvey.
(b) A man named Marvin.
(c) A man named Wade.
(d) A man named Winston.
15. Which of Penny's relatives has died?
(a) Great Aunt Liesl.
(b) Great Uncle Herbert
(c) Aunt Concetta.
(d) Aunt Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
2. What do Penny and Jack Teitelzweig do on their outing together?
3. What does Me-me notice about the dress that Penny is to wear to her deceased relative's wake?
4. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
5. Who manages to get an all-access pass to visit Penny in her hospital room at any time?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)