|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Uncle Dominic use in referring to Ann Marie's husband?
2. Where is Me-me when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. What is the ailment that appears to be claiming the life of the young girl dying in Penny's ward?
(a) Heart trouble.
(c) Blood cancer.
(d) Hardening of the arteries.
4. What does the doctor tell Penny about her injured arm?
(a) That he will not be able to perform surgery on her.
(b) That her recovery time will be between eight and ten weeks.
(c) That he will have to take skin from her hip to patch up her arm.
(d) That she will never be able to use her arm again.
5. What do Penny and Jack Teitelzweig do on their outing together?
(a) They go out for ice cream.
(b) They watch a baseball game.
(c) They go to a movie.
(d) They go on a picnic.
6. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
(a) Me-me's banana pancakes.
(b) Playing ball with Frankie.
(d) Sitting in the Plymouth RoadKing with Uncle Dominic.
7. Which of the following two questions is Penny being asked covertly every time that she is visited at the hospital by a friend or relative, and asked how she is feeling?
(a) Is the doctor going to perform surgery on you?
(b) Can you move your fingers yet?
(c) Are you depressed?
(d) Are you bored after having spent so many days here?
8. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A catcher's mitt.
(b) A crime comic.
(c) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
(d) A baseball cap with her name on it.
9. What does the funeral director threaten Frankie with due to his misbehavior?
(a) To ask him to leave.
(b) To call the police.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To take his transistor radio away from him.
10. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
(b) Cousin Benny.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
11. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
(a) By laughing out loud.
(b) By chewing gum and popping it.
(c) By poking the corpse.
(d) By playing his transistor radio loudly.
12. Which of the following couples are paid a visit by Me-me and Pop-pop on the same day that Frankie invites Penny to go to the public pool?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Robbins.
(b) Mr.and Mrs. Harrison.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Newberry.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Cline.
13. What name does Penny choose for the black and white kitten that Pop-pop gives to her when she returns home from the hospital?
14. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
15. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) Listening to his deceased nephew on the radio static again.
(b) Paying some bills.
(c) Talking on the telephone.
(d) Writing a tribute about the deceased relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stands up for Frankie by speaking on his behalf?
2. Where does Me-me keep the equipment and supplies that Frankie will need to carry out his offer of help to Nonny ?
3. What does Uncle Ralphie do in observance of Penny's birthday?
4. Who is ill when Penny awakens one morning not long after her birthday?
5. Which of Penny's relatives has died?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)