|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the flavor of the ice cream that Penny is gifted with while she is recuperating in the hospital?
(a) Caramel Swirl.
(b) Rocky Road.
(c) Butter Pecan.
2. Whom of the following does Frankie owe an apology to in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(b) Father Giovanni.
(c) Mrs. Morelli.
(d) Mrs. Giaquinto.
3. What does Penny's mother gift Penny for her twelfth birthday?
(a) A locket.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A ruby necklace.
(d) A charm bracelet.
4. What color have the walls in Penny's room been painted to prior to her return home from the hospital?
5. Where does Penny travel for one of her birthday gifts?
(a) To Atlantic City.
(b) To Buffalo.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To Boston.
6. What is the name of Pop-pop's deceased nephew whom he claims to be able to talk to through radio static?
7. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
(a) That he has received a letter from Uncle Salvatore.
(b) That Scarlett O'Hara has received a clean bill of health from the vet.
(c) That Me-me is very sick.
(d) That Scarlett O'Hara has died.
8. What position does Frankie feel that he will lose as a result of the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) His position as an altar boy.
(b) His position as delivery boy for Uncle Ralphie.
(c) His position as a grass mower in the neighborhood.
(d) His position as pitcher on his baseball team.
9. Where is Me-me when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the dining room.
10. Which of the following activities does Penny find difficult to do while she is in the hospital?
(d) Turn her head to the left or right.
11. Who stops the fight between Cousin Benny and Ann Marie's husband?
(b) Uncle Salvatore.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
12. What does Me-me fix for Penny's twelfth birthday breakfast?
(a) Banana pancakes.
(b) Porridge with strawberries.
(c) Apple strudel and pork sausage.
(d) Ham and eggs.
13. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
(a) Because he is very sensitive to allergies.
(b) Because he has been drinking.
(c) Because he has a chronic medical condition.
(d) Because he likes to get attention from everyone.
14. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) Talking on the telephone.
(b) Paying some bills.
(c) Writing a tribute about the deceased relative.
(d) Listening to his deceased nephew on the radio static again.
15. Which of the following newspaper sections becomes a favorite for Penny and the person reading the newspaper to her?
(a) The Weather Section.
(b) The Funnies.
(c) The Police Blotter.
(d) The Editorials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not visit Penny while she is in the hospital?
2. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
3. Which of the following activities does Penny find most exhausting during her stay at the hospital?
4. What does Uncle Ralphie do in observance of Penny's birthday?
5. Where does Me-me keep the equipment and supplies that Frankie will need to carry out his offer of help to Nonny ?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)