|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Cousin Benny.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
2. How many times per day does Eleanor (Penny's mother) visit her while she is in the hospital?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Four times a day.
3. Where does Penny travel for one of her birthday gifts?
(a) To Atlantic City.
(b) To Buffalo.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To Boston.
4. Whom of the following accompanies Penny for her birthday gift-related trip?
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Aunt Gina.
5. Who mentions that they may be helping Frankie get into college someday?
(a) Uncle Nunzio.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
6. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
(a) By playing his transistor radio loudly.
(b) By chewing gum and popping it.
(c) By poking the corpse.
(d) By laughing out loud.
7. What color is the bedspread that adorns Penny's bed upon her return home from the hospital?
8. What had the judge told Frankie the last time that he had appeared before the bench?
(a) That he needed to hire a lawyer.
(b) That he had a son who looked a lot like him (Frankie).
(c) That he better not see him in court again.
(d) That he would try him, even if he were a juvenile.
9. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
(a) Because he likes to get attention from everyone.
(b) Because he is very sensitive to allergies.
(c) Because he has been drinking.
(d) Because he has a chronic medical condition.
10. Why does Penny become the most popular person in her ward after visiting hours?
(a) Because she has a television set.
(b) Because she has a radio.
(c) Because she keeps snacks in her room.
(d) Because she always has something interesting to say.
11. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
(a) That Scarlett O'Hara has died.
(b) That Scarlett O'Hara has received a clean bill of health from the vet.
(c) That he has received a letter from Uncle Salvatore.
(d) That Me-me is very sick.
12. Who finally tells Penny the truth about the situation surrounding her father's death?
(a) Cousin Benny.
(b) Aunt Gina.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Aunt Fulvia.
13. Which of the following couples are paid a visit by Me-me and Pop-pop on the same day that Frankie invites Penny to go to the public pool?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Newberry.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Robbins.
(c) Mr.and Mrs. Harrison.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Cline.
14. Where does Aunt Gina promise to take Penny when she leaves the hospital?
(a) To Coney Island.
(b) To the boardwalk in Atlantic City.
(c) To a lighthouse in Maine.
(d) To Radio City Music Hall.
15. How many funeral cards does Frankie claim to have collected when he and Penny learn about their relative's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Penny's doctor?
2. Who does Penny overhear talking about the young girl in her ward who is dying?
3. Which of the following activities does Penny find most exhausting during her stay at the hospital?
4. What type of disease does Me-me believe that a person can contract at a public pool?
5. Who arrives at Penny's room at the hospital with a container full of ice cream for Penny?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)