|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads the newspaper to Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Her mother, Eleanor.
(b) Nurse Rita.
(c) Mr. Mulligan.
2. What color have the walls in Penny's room been painted to prior to her return home from the hospital?
3. Why does Penny become the most popular person in her ward after visiting hours?
(a) Because she has a television set.
(b) Because she has a radio.
(c) Because she always has something interesting to say.
(d) Because she keeps snacks in her room.
4. Where does Penny travel for one of her birthday gifts?
(a) To Atlantic City.
(b) To Boston.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To Buffalo.
5. Which of the following does Frankie persuade Penny to do once Me-me and Pop-pop leave the house to go pay a house visit to a married couple whom they know?
(a) Frankie persuades Penny to go to this house, and eat some of his mom's pot roast with him.
(b) Frankie persuades Penny to go to the public pool with him.
(c) Frankie persuades Penny to go playcatch with him.
(d) Frankie persuades Penny to go to the soda shoppe and have a hot fudge sundae with him.
6. What does Aunt Gina do for Penny upon her return home from the hospital?
(a) She takes her to the beauty salon for a hair done.
(b) She gives her a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.
(c) She gives her a classics book collection to read.
(d) She takes her to the Sweet Shoppe for a banana split.
7. Where did Penny offer to hide Frankie?
(a) In her closet.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the attic.
(d) Under her bed.
8. Which of the following United States military services does Mr. Mulligan tell Penny that he joined at one time?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Army.
9. What happens to the charges that have been filed against Frankie?
(a) They are set for a trial by judge.
(b) They are elevated to felonies.
(c) They are dropped.
(d) They are set for a trial by jury.
10. Who is ill when Penny awakens one morning not long after her birthday?
(a) Scarlett O'Hara.
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Penny's mother, Eleanor.
11. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
(a) That he has received a letter from Uncle Salvatore.
(b) That Scarlett O'Hara has received a clean bill of health from the vet.
(c) That Scarlett O'Hara has died.
(d) That Me-me is very sick.
12. Which of the following jobs is Penny assigned to handle at Falucci's Meat Market upon her return to work following her stay at the hospital?
(b) Inventory Clerk.
13. How many times per day does Eleanor (Penny's mother) visit her while she is in the hospital?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Four times a day.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Once a day.
14. Which of the following represents a category that Penny uses to categorize the other kids in her ward?
15. Who mentions that they may be helping Frankie get into college someday?
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Nunzio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Penny overhear talking about the young girl in her ward who is dying?
2. Who finally tells Penny the truth about the situation surrounding her father's death?
3. Which of the following terms does Uncle Dominic use in referring to Ann Marie's husband?
4. Which of the following will Frankie have to pay for in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
5. What position does Frankie feel that he will lose as a result of the misdeed that he has committed?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)