|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Penny's doctor?
(a) Dr. Boyle.
(b) Dr. Goldstein.
(c) Dr. Updike.
(d) Dr. Stewart.
2. Why does Penny become the most popular person in her ward after visiting hours?
(a) Because she keeps snacks in her room.
(b) Because she always has something interesting to say.
(c) Because she has a television set.
(d) Because she has a radio.
3. Which of the following items had Uncle Dominic given to Penny's father that created such a stir that resulted in Penny's father being sent to an internment camp in the state of Oklahoma where he eventually died?
(a) A decoder.
(b) An Italian spy trade publication.
(c) A short wave radio.
(d) A telescope.
4. Who is ill when Penny awakens one morning not long after her birthday?
(b) Scarlett O'Hara.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Penny's mother, Eleanor.
5. What color have the walls in Penny's room been painted to prior to her return home from the hospital?
6. Whom of the following is the lifeguard on duty on the day that Penny and Frankie visit the public pool for a swim?
(a) Maury Gillette.
(b) Kenny Bates.
(c) Jack Teitelzweig.
(d) Bradley Pacer.
7. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
(a) By poking the corpse.
(b) By playing his transistor radio loudly.
(c) By laughing out loud.
(d) By chewing gum and popping it.
8. What month of the year is underway when Frankie asks Penny to go to the public pool with him?
9. What is the ailment that appears to be claiming the life of the young girl dying in Penny's ward?
(a) Hardening of the arteries.
(c) Heart trouble.
(d) Blood cancer.
10. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A catcher's mitt.
(b) A crime comic.
(c) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
(d) A baseball cap with her name on it.
11. Who is Frankie running from when Penny finds him in the bushes in her back yard?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(b) Cousin Benny.
(c) His father.
(d) The police.
12. Who mentions that they may be helping Frankie get into college someday?
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Uncle Nunzio.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
13. Whom of the following is Frankie working for after Penny is released from the hospital?
(a) For Dr. Goldstein.
(b) For Mrs. Morelli..
(c) For Mrs. Weiderhorn.
(d) For Uncle Nunzio.
14. Why is Eleanor disappointed toward the end of Penny's twelfth birthday?
(a) Because Penny has been eating too many sweets.
(b) Because she realizes that Penny's childhood is ending.
(c) Because she does not have the funds to buy Penny a special birthday gift.
(d) Because she has been upstaged by her late husband's side of the family.
15. What is the flavor of the ice cream that Penny is gifted with while she is recuperating in the hospital?
(a) Rocky Road.
(c) Caramel Swirl.
(d) Butter Pecan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who whistles a birthday salute in song for Penny on her special day?
2. Which of the following two questions is Penny being asked covertly every time that she is visited at the hospital by a friend or relative, and asked how she is feeling?
3. What color is the bedspread that adorns Penny's bed upon her return home from the hospital?
4. What is the age of the young girl who is dying of cancer in Penny's ward at the hospital?
5. Which of the following United States military services does Mr. Mulligan tell Penny that he joined at one time?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)