|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the charges that have been filed against Frankie?
(a) They are dropped.
(b) They are set for a trial by judge.
(c) They are set for a trial by jury.
(d) They are elevated to felonies.
2. What is the ailment that appears to be claiming the life of the young girl dying in Penny's ward?
(a) Hardening of the arteries.
(b) Heart trouble.
(d) Blood cancer.
3. What month of the year is underway when Frankie asks Penny to go to the public pool with him?
4. Where did Penny offer to hide Frankie?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Under her bed.
(d) In her closet.
5. What position does Frankie feel that he will lose as a result of the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) His position as a grass mower in the neighborhood.
(b) His position as pitcher on his baseball team.
(c) His position as delivery boy for Uncle Ralphie.
(d) His position as an altar boy.
6. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
(b) Sitting in the Plymouth RoadKing with Uncle Dominic.
(c) Me-me's banana pancakes.
(d) Playing ball with Frankie.
7. Who reads the newspaper to Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Her mother, Eleanor.
(c) Nurse Rita.
(d) Mr. Mulligan.
8. What does Me-me fix for Penny's twelfth birthday breakfast?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(b) Porridge with strawberries.
(c) Apple strudel and pork sausage.
(d) Banana pancakes.
9. Who whistles a birthday salute in song for Penny on her special day?
(a) Cousin Benny.
(c) Uncle Salvatore.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
10. Which of the following items had Uncle Dominic given to Penny's father that created such a stir that resulted in Penny's father being sent to an internment camp in the state of Oklahoma where he eventually died?
(a) An Italian spy trade publication.
(b) A decoder.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A short wave radio.
11. Which of the following activities does Penny find most exhausting during her stay at the hospital?
(b) Socializing with her visitors.
(c) Using the bathroom.
(d) Physical therapy.
12. What name does Penny choose for the black and white kitten that Pop-pop gives to her when she returns home from the hospital?
13. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) Listening to his deceased nephew on the radio static again.
(b) Paying some bills.
(c) Writing a tribute about the deceased relative.
(d) Talking on the telephone.
14. What is the name of Pop-pop's deceased nephew whom he claims to be able to talk to through radio static?
15. Who does not visit Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Uncle Sally.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following couples are paid a visit by Me-me and Pop-pop on the same day that Frankie invites Penny to go to the public pool?
2. Whom of the following accompanies Penny for her birthday gift-related trip?
3. Which of Penny's relatives has died?
4. What does Penny's mother not have the opportunity to give Penny on her birthday?
5. Which of the following terms does Uncle Dominic use in referring to Ann Marie's husband?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)