|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads the newspaper to Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Mr. Mulligan.
(b) Nurse Rita.
(d) Her mother, Eleanor.
2. Where does Penny travel for one of her birthday gifts?
(a) To Boston.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To Buffalo.
(d) To Atlantic City.
3. Whom of the following asks a nurse whether Penny's father was really a spy?
(a) A man named Wade.
(b) A man named Winston.
(c) A man named Marvin.
(d) A man named Harvey.
4. Which of the following couples are paid a visit by Me-me and Pop-pop on the same day that Frankie invites Penny to go to the public pool?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Newberry.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Robbins.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Cline.
(d) Mr.and Mrs. Harrison.
5. Which of the following does Frankie pull out from a hole behind a brick on the wall?
(a) A cigar box filled with money.
(b) A wallet full of money.
(c) A burlap bag full of money.
(d) A mason jar filled with five-dollar bills.
6. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
(b) A crime comic.
(c) A catcher's mitt.
(d) A baseball cap with her name on it.
7. Who finally tells Penny the truth about the situation surrounding her father's death?
(a) Cousin Benny.
(b) Aunt Fulvia.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Aunt Gina.
8. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) Writing a tribute about the deceased relative.
(b) Paying some bills.
(c) Listening to his deceased nephew on the radio static again.
(d) Talking on the telephone.
9. What does Me-me notice about the dress that Penny is to wear to her deceased relative's wake?
(a) That it is missing three buttons.
(b) That it has a black stain all along its right side.
(c) That it has a horrific tear all along one of its seams.
(d) That Penny has outgrown it.
10. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
(a) Playing ball with Frankie.
(b) Me-me's banana pancakes.
(d) Sitting in the Plymouth RoadKing with Uncle Dominic.
11. What does Penny's mother gift Penny for her twelfth birthday?
(a) A locket.
(b) A ruby necklace.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A charm bracelet.
12. What color have the walls in Penny's room been painted to prior to her return home from the hospital?
13. Which of the following jobs is Penny assigned to handle at Falucci's Meat Market upon her return to work following her stay at the hospital?
(b) Inventory Clerk.
14. What does Aunt Gina do for Penny upon her return home from the hospital?
(a) She gives her a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.
(b) She gives her a classics book collection to read.
(c) She takes her to the beauty salon for a hair done.
(d) She takes her to the Sweet Shoppe for a banana split.
15. What is Penny doing when Uncle Dominic finally stops by to see her following her stay at the hospital?
(a) Watching her new kitten chase squirrels.
(b) Talking on the telephone.
(c) Exercising her arm as the doctor instructed her.
(d) Eating breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the funeral director threaten Frankie with due to his misbehavior?
2. What do Penny and Jack Teitelzweig do on their outing together?
3. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
4. Where does Me-me keep the equipment and supplies that Frankie will need to carry out his offer of help to Nonny ?
5. Who slaps Uncle Dominic across the face while Penny is recuperating at the hospital?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)