|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eleanor disappointed toward the end of Penny's twelfth birthday?
(a) Because she does not have the funds to buy Penny a special birthday gift.
(b) Because she realizes that Penny's childhood is ending.
(c) Because Penny has been eating too many sweets.
(d) Because she has been upstaged by her late husband's side of the family.
2. Whom of the following is the lifeguard on duty on the day that Penny and Frankie visit the public pool for a swim?
(a) Jack Teitelzweig.
(b) Kenny Bates.
(c) Bradley Pacer.
(d) Maury Gillette.
3. What type of disease does Me-me believe that a person can contract at a public pool?
4. Who does Penny overhear talking about the young girl in her ward who is dying?
(a) Some doctors.
(b) Some hospital lab workers.
(c) Some nurses.
(d) Some orderlies.
5. Which of the following items had Uncle Dominic given to Penny's father that created such a stir that resulted in Penny's father being sent to an internment camp in the state of Oklahoma where he eventually died?
(a) A decoder.
(b) An Italian spy trade publication.
(c) A short wave radio.
(d) A telescope.
6. Which of the following terms does Uncle Dominic use in referring to Ann Marie's husband?
7. What does Uncle Ralphie do in observance of Penny's birthday?
(a) He raises a flag with Penny's name on it.
(b) He closes the store for the day.
(c) He sets up a college fund for Penny at the local bank.
(d) He places a birthday announcement in the local paper.
8. Who reads the newspaper to Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Her mother, Eleanor.
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
(c) Nurse Rita.
9. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
10. Who does not visit Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Uncle Sally.
11. What is the flavor of the ice cream that Penny is gifted with while she is recuperating in the hospital?
(b) Butter Pecan.
(c) Caramel Swirl.
(d) Rocky Road.
12. What is Penny doing when Uncle Dominic finally stops by to see her following her stay at the hospital?
(a) Watching her new kitten chase squirrels.
(b) Exercising her arm as the doctor instructed her.
(c) Talking on the telephone.
(d) Eating breakfast.
13. Who manages to get an all-access pass to visit Penny in her hospital room at any time?
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
14. What does the doctor tell Penny about her injured arm?
(a) That he will not be able to perform surgery on her.
(b) That her recovery time will be between eight and ten weeks.
(c) That she will never be able to use her arm again.
(d) That he will have to take skin from her hip to patch up her arm.
15. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A crime comic.
(b) A baseball cap with her name on it.
(c) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
(d) A catcher's mitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Penny's doctor?
2. Where did Penny offer to hide Frankie?
3. What does Me-me fix for Penny's twelfth birthday breakfast?
4. Who arrives at Penny's room at the hospital with a container full of ice cream for Penny?
5. Which of Penny's relatives has died?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)