|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the judge told Frankie the last time that he had appeared before the bench?
(a) That he better not see him in court again.
(b) That he would try him, even if he were a juvenile.
(c) That he had a son who looked a lot like him (Frankie).
(d) That he needed to hire a lawyer.
2. What does Me-me notice about the dress that Penny is to wear to her deceased relative's wake?
(a) That it has a horrific tear all along one of its seams.
(b) That it is missing three buttons.
(c) That it has a black stain all along its right side.
(d) That Penny has outgrown it.
3. Where does Aunt Gina promise to take Penny when she leaves the hospital?
(a) To Radio City Music Hall.
(b) To Coney Island.
(c) To the boardwalk in Atlantic City.
(d) To a lighthouse in Maine.
4. How does Frankie manage to get himself and Penny in trouble at the wake?
(a) By playing his transistor radio loudly.
(b) By poking the corpse.
(c) By laughing out loud.
(d) By chewing gum and popping it.
5. Who stops the fight between Cousin Benny and Ann Marie's husband?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Salvatore.
6. Whom of the following is Frankie working for after Penny is released from the hospital?
(a) For Dr. Goldstein.
(b) For Mrs. Morelli..
(c) For Uncle Nunzio.
(d) For Mrs. Weiderhorn.
7. What color is the bedspread that adorns Penny's bed upon her return home from the hospital?
8. Which of the following activities does Penny find most exhausting during her stay at the hospital?
(a) Socializing with her visitors.
(c) Using the bathroom.
(d) Physical therapy.
9. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) Talking on the telephone.
(b) Writing a tribute about the deceased relative.
(c) Listening to his deceased nephew on the radio static again.
(d) Paying some bills.
10. Which of the following newspaper sections are read to Penny on while she is at the hospital?
(a) Local News.
(b) Political Section.
(c) Classifieds Section.
(d) Women's Section.
11. Who finally tells Penny the truth about the situation surrounding her father's death?
(a) Cousin Benny.
(b) Aunt Gina.
(c) Aunt Fulvia.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
12. Where is Me-me when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the bedroom.
13. What does Frankie volunteer to do for Nonny?
(a) The laundry.
(b) Wash her and Pop-pop's car.
(c) Mow the grass.
(d) Sweep pine needles off the roof of her home.
14. What does Uncle Ralphie do in observance of Penny's birthday?
(a) He closes the store for the day.
(b) He raises a flag with Penny's name on it.
(c) He places a birthday announcement in the local paper.
(d) He sets up a college fund for Penny at the local bank.
15. Who manages to get an all-access pass to visit Penny in her hospital room at any time?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop-pop tell Penny when she returns home from Frankie's house?
2. Which of the following United States military services does Mr. Mulligan tell Penny that he joined at one time?
3. Whom of the following asks a nurse whether Penny's father was really a spy?
4. What is the ailment that appears to be claiming the life of the young girl dying in Penny's ward?
5. Whom of the following accompanies Penny for her birthday gift-related trip?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)