|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the gifts that Penny receives on her birthday?
(a) Black patent Mary Janes.
(b) A fancy satin skirt.
(c) A twenty-dollar bill.
(d) A comb and brush set.
2. What does Uncle Ralphie give to Penny for her twelfth birthday?
(a) A pair of binoculars.
(b) A pecan roll.
(c) A set of tickets to the ball game.
(d) A collection of baseball cards.
3. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A baseball cap with her name on it.
(b) A crime comic.
(c) A catcher's mitt.
(d) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
4. Where is Me-me when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the dining room.
5. Which of the following jobs is Penny assigned to handle at Falucci's Meat Market upon her return to work following her stay at the hospital?
(a) Inventory Clerk.
6. What happens to the charges that have been filed against Frankie?
(a) They are set for a trial by jury.
(b) They are dropped.
(c) They are set for a trial by judge.
(d) They are elevated to felonies.
7. What is the name of Penny's doctor?
(a) Dr. Updike.
(b) Dr. Stewart.
(c) Dr. Boyle.
(d) Dr. Goldstein.
8. Which of the following will Frankie have to pay for in relation to the misdeed that he has committed?
(a) A dead-bolt lock.
(b) A stained carpet.
(c) A busted door.
(d) A broken window.
9. Who does not visit Penny while she is in the hospital?
(a) Uncle Sally.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
10. Who is ill when Penny awakens one morning not long after her birthday?
(a) Penny's mother, Eleanor.
(b) Scarlett O'Hara.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
11. Which of Penny's relatives has died?
(a) Great Aunt Liesl.
(b) Aunt Concetta.
(c) Aunt Beth.
(d) Great Uncle Herbert
12. Who manages to get an all-access pass to visit Penny in her hospital room at any time?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
13. Which of the following couples are paid a visit by Me-me and Pop-pop on the same day that Frankie invites Penny to go to the public pool?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Cline.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Newberry.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Robbins.
(d) Mr.and Mrs. Harrison.
14. Which of the following represents a category that Penny uses to categorize the other kids in her ward?
15. Which of the following does Frankie pull out from a hole behind a brick on the wall?
(a) A mason jar filled with five-dollar bills.
(b) A burlap bag full of money.
(c) A wallet full of money.
(d) A cigar box filled with money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
2. What does the doctor tell Penny about her injured arm?
3. What month of the year is Penny finally released from the hospital?
4. Which of the following newspaper sections are read to Penny on while she is at the hospital?
5. How many times per day does Eleanor (Penny's mother) visit her while she is in the hospital?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)