|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives Penny and her family to the funeral home for her deceased relative's wake?
(a) Cousin Benny.
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Cousin Paul.
(d) Uncle Salvatore.
2. Where did Penny offer to hide Frankie?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) In her closet.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the attic.
3. Which of the following activities is part of the "perfect day" that Penny spends with her Uncle Dominic?
(a) Enjoy the rides on the boardwalk.
(b) Eat Chinese food.
(c) Enjoy a tour of Ebbets Field.
(d) Bump into their favorite baseball player while on a walk.
4. How many funeral cards does Frankie claim to have collected when he and Penny learn about their relative's death?
5. What does Uncle Ralphie give to Penny for her twelfth birthday?
(a) A pair of binoculars.
(b) A collection of baseball cards.
(c) A set of tickets to the ball game.
(d) A pecan roll.
6. Who slaps Uncle Dominic across the face while Penny is recuperating at the hospital?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
7. What type of disease does Me-me believe that a person can contract at a public pool?
8. Which of the following newspaper sections are read to Penny on while she is at the hospital?
(a) Classifieds Section.
(b) Political Section.
(c) Women's Section.
(d) Local News.
9. What does Penny's mother not have the opportunity to give Penny on her birthday?
(a) A special letter that she had composed for her.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A photo of herself, Penny, and Penny's father.
(d) A piano.
10. What happens to the charges that have been filed against Frankie?
(a) They are set for a trial by judge.
(b) They are elevated to felonies.
(c) They are set for a trial by jury.
(d) They are dropped.
11. Which of the following jobs is Penny assigned to handle at Falucci's Meat Market upon her return to work following her stay at the hospital?
(a) Inventory Clerk.
12. What, to Penny's surprise, does she find that she misses while she is in the hospital?
(a) Sitting in the Plymouth RoadKing with Uncle Dominic.
(b) Playing ball with Frankie.
(d) Me-me's banana pancakes.
13. What had the judge told Frankie the last time that he had appeared before the bench?
(a) That he needed to hire a lawyer.
(b) That he better not see him in court again.
(c) That he would try him, even if he were a juvenile.
(d) That he had a son who looked a lot like him (Frankie).
14. Which of the following two questions is Penny being asked covertly every time that she is visited at the hospital by a friend or relative, and asked how she is feeling?
(a) Are you depressed?
(b) Are you bored after having spent so many days here?
(c) Is the doctor going to perform surgery on you?
(d) Can you move your fingers yet?
15. Whom of the following painted Penny's room in anticipation of her return home from the hospital?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Penny doing when Uncle Dominic finally stops by to see her following her stay at the hospital?
2. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
3. Which of the following activities does Penny find difficult to do while she is in the hospital?
4. What was Frankie caught doing that led to him running to Penny's home?
5. Who reads the newspaper to Penny while she is in the hospital?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)