|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom of the following asks a nurse whether Penny's father was really a spy?
(a) A man named Marvin.
(b) A man named Wade.
(c) A man named Winston.
(d) A man named Harvey.
2. Why is Eleanor disappointed toward the end of Penny's twelfth birthday?
(a) Because she does not have the funds to buy Penny a special birthday gift.
(b) Because she has been upstaged by her late husband's side of the family.
(c) Because she realizes that Penny's childhood is ending.
(d) Because Penny has been eating too many sweets.
3. What is Penny doing when she acknowledges that Heaven could not provide anything better than what she is enjoying at the moment?
(a) She is watching the Dodgers play ball.
(b) She is sitting at the dinner table with Pop-pop, Me-me and her mom, Eleanor.
(c) She is blowing out the candles on her birthday cake.
(d) She is receiving gift after gift at her birthday party.
4. What is Frankie's gift to Penny on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A baseball cap with her name on it.
(b) The fly ball that he caught at the Dodgers' ball game.
(c) A catcher's mitt.
(d) A crime comic.
5. Who drives Penny to the hospital following her accident?
(b) Cousin Benny.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
6. What is Frankie going to attempt to do while carrying out his offer of help to Nonny?
(a) Look for money that has been stashed away by Grandpa Falucci.
(b) Talk to his best buddy, Herbert on Nonny's telephone.
(c) Play a game of checkers with Penny.
(d) Listen to a ball game on the radio.
7. What is the age of the young girl who is dying of cancer in Penny's ward at the hospital?
(a) Eight (8) years of age.
(b) Six (6) years of age.
(c) Five (5) years of age.
(d) Seven (7) years of age.
8. Who stops the fight between Cousin Benny and Ann Marie's husband?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Uncle Salvatore.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
9. Who slaps Uncle Dominic across the face while Penny is recuperating at the hospital?
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
10. Why does Uncle Angelo get sick so often?
(a) Because he likes to get attention from everyone.
(b) Because he is very sensitive to allergies.
(c) Because he has a chronic medical condition.
(d) Because he has been drinking.
11. Where does Aunt Gina promise to take Penny when she leaves the hospital?
(a) To Radio City Music Hall.
(b) To a lighthouse in Maine.
(c) To the boardwalk in Atlantic City.
(d) To Coney Island.
12. Who manages to get an all-access pass to visit Penny in her hospital room at any time?
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
13. What is Pop-pop doing when Penny gets home from the wake?
(a) Listening to his deceased nephew on the radio static again.
(b) Writing a tribute about the deceased relative.
(c) Talking on the telephone.
(d) Paying some bills.
14. Who drives Penny and her family to the funeral home for her deceased relative's wake?
(a) Uncle Salvatore.
(b) Cousin Paul.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Cousin Benny.
15. What do Penny and Jack Teitelzweig do on their outing together?
(a) They go on a picnic.
(b) They watch a baseball game.
(c) They go out for ice cream.
(d) They go to a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is ill when Penny awakens one morning not long after her birthday?
2. What name does Penny choose for the black and white kitten that Pop-pop gives to her when she returns home from the hospital?
3. What does Me-me notice about the dress that Penny is to wear to her deceased relative's wake?
4. Which of the following does Frankie pull out from a hole behind a brick on the wall?
5. What is the ailment that appears to be claiming the life of the young girl dying in Penny's ward?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)