|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of Penny's dog?
(a) Scarlett O'Hara.
(c) Beulah O'Reilly.
(d) Harriet O'Hare.
2. Who appears to have an abusive husband in Chapter 3 of the story?
(a) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(b) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(c) Mrs. Chickalos.
(d) Mrs. Morelli.
3. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
(a) Penny trips and lands on top of the sofa.
(b) The china on top of the table is toppled and broken.
(c) Penny falls head first into a can of paint.
(d) A chair is flipped over.
4. Which dress does Penny choose for her Aunt Gina to wear to her dancing session?
(a) The blue one.
(b) The purple one.
(c) The red one.
(d) The yellow one.
5. Where do Penny and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
(a) At the local drive-inn.
(b) At the Sweet Shoppe.
(c) At the local grill.
(d) At the 24-Hour Diner.
6. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
(a) A pair of overalls.
(b) A pair of culottes.
(c) A Sunday dress.
(d) Fall coat.
7. Which of the following is Penny's last name?
8. What does Mr. Mulligan do at the end of his date with Penny's mother (Eleanor) that disappoints Penny?
(a) He kisses her mother on the lips.
(b) He does not open the car door for her mother.
(c) He lingers too long.
(d) He keeps his voice low, and Penny cannot hear what he is saying.
9. What is Pop-pop painting on the summer porch?
(a) A wooden chair.
(b) A quilt rack.
(c) A wicker couch.
(d) A desk.
10. Who do Nonny and Uncle Paulie "talk to" regularly?
11. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
(a) Whether she was adopted.
(b) Why her mother's family does not socialize with her father's family.
(c) What type of personality her father had.
(d) The circumstances surrounding her father's death.
12. Where is Aunt Gina planning to go dancing?
(c) New York City
(d) Atlantic City.
13. What baseball position does Frankie ask Penny to play?
(a) Third Base.
14. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
(a) Aunt Gina and Nonny.
(b) Uncle Dominic and Uncle Paulie.
(c) Uncle Paulie and Nonny.
(d) Aunt Gina and Uncle Paulie.
15. To whom is Penny introduced as she starts her new job?
(a) Mr. Adams.
(b) Mrs. Temple.
(c) Mrs. Chickalos.
(d) Mr. Knezick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny attempt to lead Mr. Mulligan into believing about her mother?
2. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
3. Who has offered Penny a job?
4. Specifically, what task will Penny be handling in her new job?
5. Who was nicknamed "the Water Boy"?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)