|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
(a) Uncle Paulie and Nonny.
(b) Aunt Gina and Nonny.
(c) Uncle Dominic and Uncle Paulie.
(d) Aunt Gina and Uncle Paulie.
2. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
(a) Whether she was adopted.
(b) Why her mother's family does not socialize with her father's family.
(c) The circumstances surrounding her father's death.
(d) What type of personality her father had.
3. What decade is the setting for this story?
4. Specifically, what task will Penny be handling in her new job?
5. Which of the following causes of death do Penny's relatives give her when she asks about how her father died?
(d) Heart attack.
6. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
(a) A chair is flipped over.
(b) Penny trips and lands on top of the sofa.
(c) The china on top of the table is toppled and broken.
(d) Penny falls head first into a can of paint.
7. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
(a) To listen to a classical music program on the radio.
(b) To lay out her school clothes to wear the next day.
(c) To help Me-me with the chores.
(d) To do her homework.
8. Which of the following baseball teams do Penny and her Uncle Dominic support?
(a) Dem Sluggers.
(b) Dem Bums.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) New York Yankees.
9. Who do Nonny and Uncle Paulie "talk to" regularly?
10. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
(a) She laughs about the clothes that he is wearing.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She tells him to be quiet so that she can hear the ball game.
(d) She tells him that he is not as good-looking as her father was.
11. Whose house grounds were supposed to be stashed with money?
(a) Uncle Salvatore's.
(b) Uncle Ralphie's.
(c) Grandfather Falucci's.
(d) Aunt Gina's.
12. Whose order is the basis for jokes among Penny and her co-workers?
(a) Mrs. Harrison's.
(b) Mrs. Morelli's.
(c) Mrs. Giaquinto's.
(d) Mrs. Wiederhorn's.
13. What does Scarlett O'Hara do while Mr. Mulligan is having dinner with Penny and her family?
(a) Scarlett pees on Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
(b) Scarlett begs for table food.
(c) Scarlett begins to whine.
(d) Scarlett barks non-stop.
14. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
(a) Aunt Claire.
(b) Aunt Gina.
(c) Aunt Annie.
(d) Aunt Fulvia.
15. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
(a) A mischievous little girl.
(b) A plump older lady.
(c) A handsome young man.
(d) A story-telling old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
2. Which of the following items does Pop-pop pick up when he takes Penny out for a walk?
3. Which of the following is the name of Penny's dog?
4. What is Pop-pop painting on the summer porch?
5. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)