|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She laughs about the clothes that he is wearing.
(c) She tells him that he is not as good-looking as her father was.
(d) She tells him to be quiet so that she can hear the ball game.
2. Which of the following is Penny struck by when her Uncle Dominic drives her home?
(a) The difference in her mother's family and her father's family.
(b) An idea to surprise her mother with a present.
(c) A hardball that crashes through the car windshield.
(d) A yearning for chocolate ice cream.
3. What does Penny pay for with earnings from her job?
(a) Medicine for Nonny.
(b) Part of the household finances.
(c) A new hairbrush and mirror set for her mother.
(d) A spring bouquet of flowers for Me-me.
4. Who is Carolina?
(a) Uncle Dominic's girlfriend.
(b) Penny's next door neighbor.
(c) Uncle Nunzio's secretary.
(d) Frankie's mother.
5. What is the fight that Penny gets in at the ball field based upon?
(a) A call made by the umpire.
(b) A boy who Penny has a crush on.
(c) Uncle Dominic being referred to as being crazy.
(d) Penny's hair being pulled.
6. Who offers Penny and her co-worker cookies and lemonade?
(a) Mrs. Chickalos.
(b) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(c) Mrs. Morelli.
(d) Mrs. Giaquinto.
7. What does Penny attempt to lead Mr. Mulligan into believing about her mother?
(a) That she spends money extravagantly.
(b) That she really does not have any interest in him.
(c) That she really does not know how to cook.
(d) That her mother is abusive.
8. Which of the following is the name of Penny's mother?
9. What nationality is that of Penny's father's family?
10. Which of the following is Penny's last name?
11. Where will Penny's family be going for summer vacation?
(a) To her Aunt Leta's and Uncle Earlon's.
(b) To the Grand Canyon.
(c) To Disneyland.
(d) To her Aunt Francine's and Uncle Donald's.
12. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
(a) When Nonny does not feel like cooking.
(b) Every Thursday.
(c) When company is expected.
(d) Every Sunday.
13. Which of the following causes Penny to awake from her dream?
(a) A barking dog.
(b) A ringing alarm.
(c) A leaky toilet.
(d) A blaring siren.
14. What is the name of the lady who is a friend to Penny's mother?
15. Which dress does Penny choose for her Aunt Gina to wear to her dancing session?
(a) The blue one.
(b) The purple one.
(c) The yellow one.
(d) The red one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
2. In all, how many relatives does Penny have whom she refers to as uncles?
3. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
4. What color is Pop-pop painting all of the furniture?
5. Who appears to have an abusive husband in Chapter 3 of the story?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)