|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
(a) A fox stole.
(b) A winter coat.
(c) A tent dress.
(d) A mink stole.
2. Where will Penny's family be going for summer vacation?
(a) To the Grand Canyon.
(b) To her Aunt Francine's and Uncle Donald's.
(c) To Disneyland.
(d) To her Aunt Leta's and Uncle Earlon's.
3. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
(a) To lay out her school clothes to wear the next day.
(b) To help Me-me with the chores.
(c) To listen to a classical music program on the radio.
(d) To do her homework.
4. Which of Penny's birthdays is coming up?
(a) Her fourteenth birthday.
(b) Her eleventh birthday.
(c) Her twelfth birthday.
(d) Her thirteenth birthday.
5. Who offers Penny and her co-worker cookies and lemonade?
(a) Mrs. Morelli.
(b) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(c) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(d) Mrs. Chickalos.
6. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
(a) Penny trips and lands on top of the sofa.
(b) Penny falls head first into a can of paint.
(c) A chair is flipped over.
(d) The china on top of the table is toppled and broken.
7. What day of the week does Penny have dinner at Nonny's?
8. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
(a) Paint his fence.
(b) Wash his car.
(c) Sweep his roof.
(d) Yard work.
9. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
(a) Fall coat.
(b) A pair of overalls.
(c) A Sunday dress.
(d) A pair of culottes.
10. Whose house grounds were supposed to be stashed with money?
(a) Uncle Ralphie's.
(b) Uncle Salvatore's.
(c) Grandfather Falucci's.
(d) Aunt Gina's.
11. What is Penny's mother no longer wearing while she is preparing dinner for her family and Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Her charm bracelet.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) Her pearl necklace.
(d) Her engagement ring.
12. What does Penny notice to be missing from the sideboard while she and her family members are having dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) The coffee pot.
(b) Her mother's best silver chafing dish.
(c) A photo of her mother and father.
(d) Her mother's china platter.
13. What baseball position does Frankie ask Penny to play?
(b) Third Base.
14. Who is Carolina?
(a) Penny's next door neighbor.
(b) Uncle Dominic's girlfriend.
(c) Uncle Nunzio's secretary.
(d) Frankie's mother.
15. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
(a) She tells him that he is not as good-looking as her father was.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She laughs about the clothes that he is wearing.
(d) She tells him to be quiet so that she can hear the ball game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
2. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
3. Who does Penny run to for comfort following her confrontation with her mother concerning Mr. Mulligan?
4. Which of the following causes Penny to awake from her dream?
5. What does Penny find under her mother's bed?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)