|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
2. Which of the following items does Pop-pop pick up when he takes Penny out for a walk?
(a) Paper plates.
3. Who lets Mr. Mulligan in when he shows up for dinner?
4. What decade is the setting for this story?
5. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
(a) Why her mother's family does not socialize with her father's family.
(b) What type of personality her father had.
(c) The circumstances surrounding her father's death.
(d) Whether she was adopted.
6. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
(a) A Sunday dress.
(b) A pair of culottes.
(c) A pair of overalls.
(d) Fall coat.
7. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
(a) Aunt Gina and Uncle Paulie.
(b) Aunt Gina and Nonny.
(c) Uncle Dominic and Uncle Paulie.
(d) Uncle Paulie and Nonny.
8. What day of the week does Penny have dinner at Nonny's?
9. What color is Pop-pop painting all of the furniture?
10. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
(a) She tells him to be quiet so that she can hear the ball game.
(b) She laughs about the clothes that he is wearing.
(c) She tells him that he is not as good-looking as her father was.
(d) She ignores him.
11. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
(a) When Nonny does not feel like cooking.
(b) Every Sunday.
(c) Every Thursday.
(d) When company is expected.
12. Which of the following is Penny struck by when her Uncle Dominic drives her home?
(a) The difference in her mother's family and her father's family.
(b) A hardball that crashes through the car windshield.
(c) A yearning for chocolate ice cream.
(d) An idea to surprise her mother with a present.
13. Whose order is the basis for jokes among Penny and her co-workers?
(a) Mrs. Morelli's.
(b) Mrs. Harrison's.
(c) Mrs. Wiederhorn's.
(d) Mrs. Giaquinto's.
14. What is the name of the lady who is a friend to Penny's mother?
15. Where is Aunt Gina planning to go dancing?
(b) New York City
(c) Atlantic City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first piece of jewelry that Penny's mother had?
2. Who does Penny usually call to fix the toilet at her house?
3. What does Mr. Mulligan give to Me-me, Penny, and her mother, Eleanor when he pays them a visit?
4. What state is the setting of the story?
5. What does Penny attempt to lead Mr. Mulligan into believing about her mother?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)