|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
(a) By playing a game of checkers together.
(b) By fixing dinner for themselves and Eleanor.
(c) By taking Scarlett O'Hara for a walk together.
(d) By watching a ball game together.
2. What does Penny pay for with earnings from her job?
(a) Part of the household finances.
(b) Medicine for Nonny.
(c) A new hairbrush and mirror set for her mother.
(d) A spring bouquet of flowers for Me-me.
3. Who is Carolina?
(a) Penny's next door neighbor.
(b) Frankie's mother.
(c) Uncle Nunzio's secretary.
(d) Uncle Dominic's girlfriend.
4. Whose house grounds were supposed to be stashed with money?
(a) Aunt Gina's.
(b) Grandfather Falucci's.
(c) Uncle Ralphie's.
(d) Uncle Salvatore's.
5. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
(a) Every Sunday.
(b) Every Thursday.
(c) When company is expected.
(d) When Nonny does not feel like cooking.
6. Where does Penny end up going when she visits her father's side of the family?
(a) She ends up going to the theatre.
(b) She ends up going to the cemetery.
(c) She ends up going to church.
(d) She ends up going to the soda shop.
7. Which of the following is the name of Penny's dog?
(a) Beulah O'Reilly.
(b) Harriet O'Hare.
(c) Scarlett O'Hara.
8. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
(a) To jointly carry a large special dessert from the kitchen.
(b) To check on something that was left cooking on the stove.
(c) To clean Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
(d) To talk about Mr. Mulligan.
9. Which of Penny's birthdays is coming up?
(a) Her eleventh birthday.
(b) Her thirteenth birthday.
(c) Her fourteenth birthday.
(d) Her twelfth birthday.
10. What type of animal does Penny's dog chase into the house?
(a) A opossum.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A cat.
(d) A raccoon.
11. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Peas and lima beans.
(b) Peas and onions.
(c) Spinach and carrots.
(d) Carrots and green beans.
12. What is Frankie lamenting in relation to Penny?
(a) That Penny appears to be shunning him.
(b) That Penny does not spend enough time with him.
(c) That she is a girl.
(d) That Penny lives a more interesting life than he does.
13. Who does Penny usually call to fix the toilet at her house?
(a) Al's Plumbing Service.
(b) Ace Plumbing Company.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
14. Which of the following causes of death do Penny's relatives give her when she asks about how her father died?
(b) Heart attack.
15. Which of the following causes Penny to awake from her dream?
(a) A leaky toilet.
(b) A barking dog.
(c) A ringing alarm.
(d) A blaring siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
2. What decade is the setting for this story?
3. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
4. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
5. What does Penny attempt to lead Mr. Mulligan into believing about her mother?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)