|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
(a) A mischievous little girl.
(b) A handsome young man.
(c) A plump older lady.
(d) A story-telling old man.
2. What does Penny notice to be missing from the sideboard while she and her family members are having dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Her mother's china platter.
(b) The coffee pot.
(c) A photo of her mother and father.
(d) Her mother's best silver chafing dish.
3. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
(a) To lay out her school clothes to wear the next day.
(b) To help Me-me with the chores.
(c) To do her homework.
(d) To listen to a classical music program on the radio.
4. Specifically, what task will Penny be handling in her new job?
5. What type of action do Penny and her co-worker take against the dog that chases them down the road?
(a) They yell at the dog.
(b) They report the dog to the dog catcher.
(c) They throw something at the dog.
(d) They report the dog to a police officer on patrol.
6. Which of the following causes of death do Penny's relatives give her when she asks about how her father died?
(c) Heart attack.
7. What color is Pop-pop painting all of the furniture?
8. Which of the following words is misspelled on the sign on the fence at Mrs. Morelli's house?
9. Who is Penny's mother laughing and talking with at the door when Penny awakens at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Mr. Mulligan.
10. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
(b) Her Aunt Gina.
(c) Her mother, Eleanor.
11. Which dress does Penny choose for her Aunt Gina to wear to her dancing session?
(a) The yellow one.
(b) The purple one.
(c) The blue one.
(d) The red one.
12. Which of the following is Penny's last name?
13. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
(a) Sweep his roof.
(b) Yard work.
(c) Paint his fence.
(d) Wash his car.
14. Which of the following baseball teams do Penny and her Uncle Dominic support?
(a) New York Giants.
(b) Dem Sluggers.
(c) Dem Bums.
(d) New York Yankees.
15. Where is Aunt Gina planning to go dancing?
(c) New York City
(d) Atlantic City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
2. Who does Penny punch in the nose during the baseball game that she and Frankie are playing?
3. What is the name of the lady who is a friend to Penny's mother?
4. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
5. What is Frankie lamenting in relation to Penny?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)