|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lets Mr. Mulligan in when he shows up for dinner?
2. Who does Penny run to for comfort following her confrontation with her mother concerning Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Uncle Salvatore.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Aunt Gina.
3. Which of the following causes of death do Penny's relatives give her when she asks about how her father died?
(d) Heart attack.
4. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
(a) To lay out her school clothes to wear the next day.
(b) To listen to a classical music program on the radio.
(c) To help Me-me with the chores.
(d) To do her homework.
5. What is the name of the lady who is a friend to Penny's mother?
6. What decade is the setting for this story?
7. Which of the following is the name of Penny's mother?
8. Whose order is the basis for jokes among Penny and her co-workers?
(a) Mrs. Harrison's.
(b) Mrs. Giaquinto's.
(c) Mrs. Wiederhorn's.
(d) Mrs. Morelli's.
9. Which of the following baseball teams do Penny and her Uncle Dominic support?
(a) Dem Bums.
(b) Dem Sluggers.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) New York Yankees.
10. What color is the apparel that Penny picks out for herself at her relative's clothing factory?
(b) Royal blue.
11. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a secretary for a trucking company.
(b) She is a school teacher.
(c) She is a nurse in a doctor's office.
(d) She is a postal carrier.
12. What is the primary language that Penny's uncles speak?
13. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
(a) The circumstances surrounding her father's death.
(b) Whether she was adopted.
(c) What type of personality her father had.
(d) Why her mother's family does not socialize with her father's family.
14. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
(a) Wash his car.
(b) Yard work.
(c) Sweep his roof.
(d) Paint his fence.
15. Which of the following is the name of Penny's dog?
(a) Scarlett O'Hara.
(c) Harriet O'Hare.
(d) Beulah O'Reilly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
2. What does Penny notice to be missing from the sideboard while she and her family members are having dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
3. Which dress does Penny choose for her Aunt Gina to wear to her dancing session?
4. Which of the following is Penny's last name?
5. Specifically, what task will Penny be handling in her new job?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)