|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Penny and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
(a) At the local drive-inn.
(b) At the local grill.
(c) At the Sweet Shoppe.
(d) At the 24-Hour Diner.
2. What type of action do Penny and her co-worker take against the dog that chases them down the road?
(a) They report the dog to a police officer on patrol.
(b) They throw something at the dog.
(c) They report the dog to the dog catcher.
(d) They yell at the dog.
3. Which of the following is the name of Penny's mother?
4. What does Scarlett O'Hara do while Mr. Mulligan is having dinner with Penny and her family?
(a) Scarlett pees on Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
(b) Scarlett begs for table food.
(c) Scarlett begins to whine.
(d) Scarlett barks non-stop.
5. Whose order is the basis for jokes among Penny and her co-workers?
(a) Mrs. Giaquinto's.
(b) Mrs. Morelli's.
(c) Mrs. Wiederhorn's.
(d) Mrs. Harrison's.
6. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
7. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a postal carrier.
(b) She is a school teacher.
(c) She is a nurse in a doctor's office.
(d) She is a secretary for a trucking company.
8. In all, how many relatives does Penny have whom she refers to as uncles?
9. Who does Penny run to for comfort following her confrontation with her mother concerning Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Uncle Salvatore.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Aunt Gina.
10. Who appears to have an abusive husband in Chapter 3 of the story?
(a) Mrs. Chickalos.
(b) Mrs. Morelli.
(c) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(d) Mrs. Giaquinto.
11. Which of the following is the name of Penny's dog?
(a) Beulah O'Reilly.
(b) Harriet O'Hare.
(d) Scarlett O'Hara.
12. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
(b) Her Aunt Gina.
(d) Her mother, Eleanor.
13. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
14. Which of the following words is misspelled on the sign on the fence at Mrs. Morelli's house?
15. What was Penny's mother wearing in the photo behind which Penny's father wrote, "I am the luckiest fella ever"?
(a) A bonnet.
(b) A turtleneck sweater.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A bathing suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
2. What is the primary language that Penny's uncles speak?
3. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
4. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
5. What color is the apparel that Penny picks out for herself at her relative's clothing factory?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)