|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In all, how many relatives does Penny have whom she refers to as uncles?
2. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a postal carrier.
(b) She is a secretary for a trucking company.
(c) She is a nurse in a doctor's office.
(d) She is a school teacher.
3. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
(a) To check on something that was left cooking on the stove.
(b) To clean Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
(c) To talk about Mr. Mulligan.
(d) To jointly carry a large special dessert from the kitchen.
4. Who is going to work alongside Penny as she handles her job?
5. What does Pop-pop ask Mr. Mulligan?
(a) What he appreciates the most about his job.
(b) How many times he has been married.
(c) What he dislikes the most about his job.
(d) Whether he plans to marry his daughter.
6. What does Penny find under her mother's bed?
(a) A diary.
(b) A one hundred-dollar bill.
(c) A box with mementos.
(d) A ring.
7. What does Penny attempt to lead Mr. Mulligan into believing about her mother?
(a) That she spends money extravagantly.
(b) That she really does not know how to cook.
(c) That her mother is abusive.
(d) That she really does not have any interest in him.
8. Where is Aunt Gina planning to go dancing?
(b) Atlantic City.
(c) New York City
9. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
(a) A pair of culottes.
(b) Fall coat.
(c) A pair of overalls.
(d) A Sunday dress.
10. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
(a) By fixing dinner for themselves and Eleanor.
(b) By taking Scarlett O'Hara for a walk together.
(c) By playing a game of checkers together.
(d) By watching a ball game together.
11. What state is the setting of the story?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
12. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
(a) To do her homework.
(b) To lay out her school clothes to wear the next day.
(c) To listen to a classical music program on the radio.
(d) To help Me-me with the chores.
13. What color is the apparel that Penny picks out for herself at her relative's clothing factory?
(a) Royal blue.
14. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
(a) When company is expected.
(b) Every Sunday.
(c) When Nonny does not feel like cooking.
(d) Every Thursday.
15. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Penny and her father in her dream?
2. Which of the following causes of death do Penny's relatives give her when she asks about how her father died?
3. Where does Penny end up going when she visits her father's side of the family?
4. Who does Penny run to for comfort following her confrontation with her mother concerning Mr. Mulligan?
5. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)