|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the baby brother of Penny's co-worker?
(a) Two months old.
(b) Three weeks old.
(c) Six months old.
(d) One year old.
2. Which of the following has a large dog?
(a) Mrs. Morelli.
(b) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(c) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(d) Mrs. Chickalos.
3. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
(a) Aunt Fulvia.
(b) Aunt Claire.
(c) Aunt Gina.
(d) Aunt Annie.
4. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
5. What does Frankie want Uncle Dominic to teach him?
(a) How to drive.
(b) How to repair cars.
(c) How to solve algebra problems.
(d) How to trim bushes.
6. What decade is the setting for this story?
7. What day of the week does Penny have dinner at Nonny's?
8. Which of the following is the name of Penny's dog?
(a) Harriet O'Hare.
(b) Beulah O'Reilly.
(d) Scarlett O'Hara.
9. Whose house grounds were supposed to be stashed with money?
(a) Uncle Ralphie's.
(b) Grandfather Falucci's.
(c) Uncle Salvatore's.
(d) Aunt Gina's.
10. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
(a) A plump older lady.
(b) A handsome young man.
(c) A story-telling old man.
(d) A mischievous little girl.
11. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
(a) To clean Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
(b) To check on something that was left cooking on the stove.
(c) To talk about Mr. Mulligan.
(d) To jointly carry a large special dessert from the kitchen.
12. What baseball position does Frankie ask Penny to play?
(d) Third Base.
13. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
(a) She laughs about the clothes that he is wearing.
(b) She tells him to be quiet so that she can hear the ball game.
(c) She tells him that he is not as good-looking as her father was.
(d) She ignores him.
14. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
(a) To do her homework.
(b) To help Me-me with the chores.
(c) To lay out her school clothes to wear the next day.
(d) To listen to a classical music program on the radio.
15. What color is the apparel that Penny picks out for herself at her relative's clothing factory?
(b) Royal blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
2. What does Penny find under her mother's bed?
3. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
4. What state is the setting of the story?
5. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)