|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Penny struck by when her Uncle Dominic drives her home?
(a) A hardball that crashes through the car windshield.
(b) A yearning for chocolate ice cream.
(c) The difference in her mother's family and her father's family.
(d) An idea to surprise her mother with a present.
2. Who offers Penny and her co-worker cookies and lemonade?
(a) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(b) Mrs. Morelli.
(c) Mrs. Chickalos.
(d) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
3. Which of the following is an after dinner activity at Nonny's?
4. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
(a) A pair of culottes.
(b) Fall coat.
(c) A Sunday dress.
(d) A pair of overalls.
5. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
(a) To jointly carry a large special dessert from the kitchen.
(b) To talk about Mr. Mulligan.
(c) To check on something that was left cooking on the stove.
(d) To clean Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
6. What type of animal does Penny's dog chase into the house?
(a) A cat.
(b) A opossum.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A squirrel.
7. What does Mr. Mulligan give to Me-me, Penny, and her mother, Eleanor when he pays them a visit?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A group photo of themselves.
(d) A box of candy.
8. What nationality is that of Penny's father's family?
9. Which of the following baseball teams do Penny and her Uncle Dominic support?
(a) Dem Sluggers.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) Dem Bums.
(d) New York Yankees.
10. Which of the following is the name of Penny's mother?
11. Who does Penny run to for comfort following her confrontation with her mother concerning Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Uncle Salvatore.
(d) Aunt Gina.
12. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
(a) When company is expected.
(b) Every Sunday.
(c) Every Thursday.
(d) When Nonny does not feel like cooking.
13. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a nurse in a doctor's office.
(b) She is a postal carrier.
(c) She is a secretary for a trucking company.
(d) She is a school teacher.
14. What does Pop-pop ask Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Whether he plans to marry his daughter.
(b) How many times he has been married.
(c) What he dislikes the most about his job.
(d) What he appreciates the most about his job.
15. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
(a) Aunt Gina and Nonny.
(b) Aunt Gina and Uncle Paulie.
(c) Uncle Dominic and Uncle Paulie.
(d) Uncle Paulie and Nonny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
2. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
3. What color is Pop-pop painting all of the furniture?
4. Where are Penny and her father in her dream?
5. Which of the following is the name of Penny's dog?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)