|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
(a) A winter coat.
(b) A tent dress.
(c) A fox stole.
(d) A mink stole.
2. What type of animal does Penny's dog chase into the house?
(a) A opossum.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A cat.
(d) A raccoon.
3. What does Mr. Mulligan give to Me-me, Penny, and her mother, Eleanor when he pays them a visit?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A group photo of themselves.
(d) A box of candy.
4. Where is Aunt Gina planning to go dancing?
(a) Atlantic City.
(b) New York City
5. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
(a) By playing a game of checkers together.
(b) By fixing dinner for themselves and Eleanor.
(c) By taking Scarlett O'Hara for a walk together.
(d) By watching a ball game together.
6. Specifically, what task will Penny be handling in her new job?
7. What color is Pop-pop painting all of the furniture?
8. Which of Penny's relatives lives in a car?
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
9. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
(a) Every Sunday.
(b) When Nonny does not feel like cooking.
(c) When company is expected.
(d) Every Thursday.
10. What does Penny find under her mother's bed?
(a) A box with mementos.
(b) A ring.
(c) A one hundred-dollar bill.
(d) A diary.
11. Who is Carolina?
(a) Uncle Dominic's girlfriend.
(b) Frankie's mother.
(c) Penny's next door neighbor.
(d) Uncle Nunzio's secretary.
12. What type of action do Penny and her co-worker take against the dog that chases them down the road?
(a) They report the dog to a police officer on patrol.
(b) They throw something at the dog.
(c) They yell at the dog.
(d) They report the dog to the dog catcher.
13. Which of the following is an after dinner activity at Nonny's?
14. What does Pop-pop ask Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Whether he plans to marry his daughter.
(b) How many times he has been married.
(c) What he appreciates the most about his job.
(d) What he dislikes the most about his job.
15. What is Pop-pop painting on the summer porch?
(a) A desk.
(b) A wooden chair.
(c) A quilt rack.
(d) A wicker couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of Penny's dog?
2. Where are Penny and her father in her dream?
3. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
4. Which of the following best reflects the time that Penny's mother returns home from her date?
5. What is the name of the lady who is a friend to Penny's mother?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)