|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
(a) Uncle Dominic and Uncle Paulie.
(b) Aunt Gina and Nonny.
(c) Uncle Paulie and Nonny.
(d) Aunt Gina and Uncle Paulie.
2. Which of the following is the name of Penny's mother?
3. What is Penny's mother no longer wearing while she is preparing dinner for her family and Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Her pearl necklace.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) Her engagement ring.
(d) Her charm bracelet.
4. What does Penny pay for with earnings from her job?
(a) A new hairbrush and mirror set for her mother.
(b) A spring bouquet of flowers for Me-me.
(c) Medicine for Nonny.
(d) Part of the household finances.
5. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
(a) Aunt Gina.
(b) Aunt Annie.
(c) Aunt Claire.
(d) Aunt Fulvia.
6. What type of action do Penny and her co-worker take against the dog that chases them down the road?
(a) They report the dog to a police officer on patrol.
(b) They throw something at the dog.
(c) They report the dog to the dog catcher.
(d) They yell at the dog.
7. What is Pop-pop painting on the summer porch?
(a) A desk.
(b) A wooden chair.
(c) A quilt rack.
(d) A wicker couch.
8. Which dress does Penny choose for her Aunt Gina to wear to her dancing session?
(a) The blue one.
(b) The purple one.
(c) The yellow one.
(d) The red one.
9. Who offers Penny and her co-worker cookies and lemonade?
(a) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(b) Mrs. Morelli.
(c) Mrs. Chickalos.
(d) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
10. Specifically, what task will Penny be handling in her new job?
11. What state is the setting of the story?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
12. What does Mr. Mulligan give to Me-me, Penny, and her mother, Eleanor when he pays them a visit?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A box of candy.
(d) A group photo of themselves.
13. Which of the following items does Pop-pop pick up when he takes Penny out for a walk?
(b) Paper plates.
14. Which of the following causes of death do Penny's relatives give her when she asks about how her father died?
(d) Heart attack.
15. Which of the following has a large dog?
(a) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(b) Mrs. Morelli.
(c) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(d) Mrs. Chickalos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
2. Where is Aunt Gina planning to go dancing?
3. Who has offered Penny a job?
4. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
5. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)