|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lady who is a friend to Penny's mother?
2. What state is the setting of the story?
(a) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
3. What color is the apparel that Penny picks out for herself at her relative's clothing factory?
(c) Royal blue.
4. What day of the week does Penny have dinner at Nonny's?
5. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
(a) Aunt Gina and Uncle Paulie.
(b) Aunt Gina and Nonny.
(c) Uncle Paulie and Nonny.
(d) Uncle Dominic and Uncle Paulie.
6. Whose house grounds were supposed to be stashed with money?
(a) Uncle Ralphie's.
(b) Uncle Salvatore's.
(c) Aunt Gina's.
(d) Grandfather Falucci's.
7. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
(a) Her mother, Eleanor.
(b) Her Aunt Gina.
8. Where are Penny and her father in her dream?
(a) At the park.
(b) At the circus.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At the zoo.
9. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
(a) A mischievous little girl.
(b) A handsome young man.
(c) A plump older lady.
(d) A story-telling old man.
10. Which of Penny's birthdays is coming up?
(a) Her eleventh birthday.
(b) Her thirteenth birthday.
(c) Her fourteenth birthday.
(d) Her twelfth birthday.
11. What does Scarlett O'Hara do while Mr. Mulligan is having dinner with Penny and her family?
(a) Scarlett barks non-stop.
(b) Scarlett pees on Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
(c) Scarlett begins to whine.
(d) Scarlett begs for table food.
12. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
(a) A chair is flipped over.
(b) Penny trips and lands on top of the sofa.
(c) Penny falls head first into a can of paint.
(d) The china on top of the table is toppled and broken.
13. What was the first piece of jewelry that Penny's mother had?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A sapphire ring.
(c) A charm bracelet.
(d) A gold locket.
14. Which of the following has a large dog?
(a) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(b) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(c) Mrs. Morelli.
(d) Mrs. Chickalos.
15. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
Short Answer Questions
1. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
2. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
3. How old is the baby brother of Penny's co-worker?
4. Who owns a clothing store?
5. What type of animal does Penny's dog chase into the house?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)