|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
(a) By watching a ball game together.
(b) By playing a game of checkers together.
(c) By fixing dinner for themselves and Eleanor.
(d) By taking Scarlett O'Hara for a walk together.
2. What does Pop-pop ask Mr. Mulligan?
(a) What he dislikes the most about his job.
(b) What he appreciates the most about his job.
(c) Whether he plans to marry his daughter.
(d) How many times he has been married.
3. Who appears to have an abusive husband in Chapter 3 of the story?
(a) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(b) Mrs. Chickalos.
(c) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(d) Mrs. Morelli.
4. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
(a) She laughs about the clothes that he is wearing.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She tells him that he is not as good-looking as her father was.
(d) She tells him to be quiet so that she can hear the ball game.
5. What color is Pop-pop painting all of the furniture?
6. Which of the following is Penny struck by when her Uncle Dominic drives her home?
(a) A yearning for chocolate ice cream.
(b) An idea to surprise her mother with a present.
(c) A hardball that crashes through the car windshield.
(d) The difference in her mother's family and her father's family.
7. What nationality is that of Penny's father's family?
8. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
9. Where will Penny's family be going for summer vacation?
(a) To her Aunt Francine's and Uncle Donald's.
(b) To her Aunt Leta's and Uncle Earlon's.
(c) To the Grand Canyon.
(d) To Disneyland.
10. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
(a) Aunt Gina and Nonny.
(b) Uncle Paulie and Nonny.
(c) Aunt Gina and Uncle Paulie.
(d) Uncle Dominic and Uncle Paulie.
11. Who does Penny usually call to fix the toilet at her house?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(b) Uncle Ralphie.
(c) Ace Plumbing Company.
(d) Al's Plumbing Service.
12. To whom is Penny introduced as she starts her new job?
(a) Mrs. Chickalos.
(b) Mrs. Temple.
(c) Mr. Adams.
(d) Mr. Knezick.
13. Which of Penny's relatives lives in a car?
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
14. Which of the following is the subject matter in which Penny and her co-workers find humor?
15. Which of the following causes Penny to awake from her dream?
(a) A barking dog.
(b) A leaky toilet.
(c) A ringing alarm.
(d) A blaring siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does Penny's dog chase into the house?
2. Who owns a clothing store?
3. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
4. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
5. What day of the week does Penny have dinner at Nonny's?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)