|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lets Mr. Mulligan in when he shows up for dinner?
2. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Peas and lima beans.
(b) Spinach and carrots.
(c) Carrots and green beans.
(d) Peas and onions.
3. What was Penny's mother wearing in the photo behind which Penny's father wrote, "I am the luckiest fella ever"?
(a) A turtleneck sweater.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A bonnet.
4. Which of the following is the subject matter in which Penny and her co-workers find humor?
5. What is the fight that Penny gets in at the ball field based upon?
(a) Uncle Dominic being referred to as being crazy.
(b) A boy who Penny has a crush on.
(c) A call made by the umpire.
(d) Penny's hair being pulled.
6. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
(a) She tells him that he is not as good-looking as her father was.
(b) She tells him to be quiet so that she can hear the ball game.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She laughs about the clothes that he is wearing.
7. Where do Penny and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
(a) At the Sweet Shoppe.
(b) At the local drive-inn.
(c) At the 24-Hour Diner.
(d) At the local grill.
8. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
(a) Aunt Fulvia.
(b) Aunt Annie.
(c) Aunt Gina.
(d) Aunt Claire.
9. Who was nicknamed "the Water Boy"?
(a) Grandfather Falucci.
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Salvatore.
10. Where is Aunt Gina planning to go dancing?
(a) New York City
(c) Atlantic City.
11. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
(a) To clean Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
(b) To jointly carry a large special dessert from the kitchen.
(c) To check on something that was left cooking on the stove.
(d) To talk about Mr. Mulligan.
12. To whom is Penny introduced as she starts her new job?
(a) Mr. Knezick.
(b) Mrs. Temple.
(c) Mr. Adams.
(d) Mrs. Chickalos.
13. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
(a) Her mother, Eleanor.
(d) Her Aunt Gina.
14. What is the primary language that Penny's uncles speak?
15. Who has offered Penny a job?
(a) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
2. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
3. What baseball position does Frankie ask Penny to play?
4. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
5. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)