|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Penny end up going when she visits her father's side of the family?
(a) She ends up going to the soda shop.
(b) She ends up going to the cemetery.
(c) She ends up going to church.
(d) She ends up going to the theatre.
2. What does Scarlett O'Hara do while Mr. Mulligan is having dinner with Penny and her family?
(a) Scarlett begs for table food.
(b) Scarlett begins to whine.
(c) Scarlett barks non-stop.
(d) Scarlett pees on Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
3. Who owns a clothing store?
(a) Uncle Paulie.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Aunt Gina.
(d) Uncle Nunzio.
4. Who does Penny run to for comfort following her confrontation with her mother concerning Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Uncle Salvatore.
(b) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Aunt Gina.
5. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
(a) A mink stole.
(b) A fox stole.
(c) A winter coat.
(d) A tent dress.
6. What type of action do Penny and her co-worker take against the dog that chases them down the road?
(a) They yell at the dog.
(b) They report the dog to a police officer on patrol.
(c) They throw something at the dog.
(d) They report the dog to the dog catcher.
7. Which of Penny's relatives lives in a car?
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
8. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
(a) Aunt Claire.
(b) Aunt Gina.
(c) Aunt Fulvia.
(d) Aunt Annie.
9. What does Penny notice to be missing from the sideboard while she and her family members are having dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Her mother's best silver chafing dish.
(b) Her mother's china platter.
(c) The coffee pot.
(d) A photo of her mother and father.
10. What day of the week does Penny have dinner at Nonny's?
11. Who is arguing while Penny is working on the laundry?
(a) Aunt Gina and Uncle Paulie.
(b) Aunt Gina and Nonny.
(c) Uncle Paulie and Nonny.
(d) Uncle Dominic and Uncle Paulie.
12. Which of the following is an after dinner activity at Nonny's?
13. What does Pop-pop ask Mr. Mulligan?
(a) How many times he has been married.
(b) What he dislikes the most about his job.
(c) What he appreciates the most about his job.
(d) Whether he plans to marry his daughter.
14. What does Penny attempt to lead Mr. Mulligan into believing about her mother?
(a) That she really does not know how to cook.
(b) That her mother is abusive.
(c) That she spends money extravagantly.
(d) That she really does not have any interest in him.
15. What is the fight that Penny gets in at the ball field based upon?
(a) A call made by the umpire.
(b) Uncle Dominic being referred to as being crazy.
(c) A boy who Penny has a crush on.
(d) Penny's hair being pulled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
2. Who offers Penny and her co-worker cookies and lemonade?
3. Who does Penny punch in the nose during the baseball game that she and Frankie are playing?
4. What is Frankie lamenting in relation to Penny?
5. Which of the following causes Penny to awake from her dream?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)