|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
(a) Fall coat.
(b) A Sunday dress.
(c) A pair of culottes.
(d) A pair of overalls.
2. Whose order is the basis for jokes among Penny and her co-workers?
(a) Mrs. Harrison's.
(b) Mrs. Morelli's.
(c) Mrs. Wiederhorn's.
(d) Mrs. Giaquinto's.
3. Who does Penny punch in the nose during the baseball game that she and Frankie are playing?
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
4. Specifically, what task will Penny be handling in her new job?
5. What decade is the setting for this story?
6. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
(a) A tent dress.
(b) A mink stole.
(c) A winter coat.
(d) A fox stole.
7. Which of the following words is misspelled on the sign on the fence at Mrs. Morelli's house?
8. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
(a) Why her mother's family does not socialize with her father's family.
(b) What type of personality her father had.
(c) Whether she was adopted.
(d) The circumstances surrounding her father's death.
9. What does Pop-pop ask Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Whether he plans to marry his daughter.
(b) What he dislikes the most about his job.
(c) How many times he has been married.
(d) What he appreciates the most about his job.
10. Who is Carolina?
(a) Penny's next door neighbor.
(b) Uncle Dominic's girlfriend.
(c) Frankie's mother.
(d) Uncle Nunzio's secretary.
11. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a nurse in a doctor's office.
(b) She is a secretary for a trucking company.
(c) She is a postal carrier.
(d) She is a school teacher.
12. Which of the following is an after dinner activity at Nonny's?
13. Which of the following is Penny's last name?
14. Which of the following causes Penny to awake from her dream?
(a) A leaky toilet.
(b) A barking dog.
(c) A blaring siren.
(d) A ringing alarm.
15. What type of action do Penny and her co-worker take against the dog that chases them down the road?
(a) They report the dog to a police officer on patrol.
(b) They report the dog to the dog catcher.
(c) They yell at the dog.
(d) They throw something at the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Pop-pop painting all of the furniture?
2. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
3. What state is the setting of the story?
4. Where does Penny end up going when she visits her father's side of the family?
5. What type of animal does Penny's dog chase into the house?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)