|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
(a) A chair is flipped over.
(b) Penny falls head first into a can of paint.
(c) The china on top of the table is toppled and broken.
(d) Penny trips and lands on top of the sofa.
2. Who has offered Penny a job?
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
3. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
(a) A pair of culottes.
(b) A Sunday dress.
(c) A pair of overalls.
(d) Fall coat.
4. Whose order is the basis for jokes among Penny and her co-workers?
(a) Mrs. Harrison's.
(b) Mrs. Wiederhorn's.
(c) Mrs. Morelli's.
(d) Mrs. Giaquinto's.
5. What day of the week does Penny have dinner at Nonny's?
6. Which of the following words is misspelled on the sign on the fence at Mrs. Morelli's house?
7. Which of the following is Penny's last name?
8. What does Penny find under her mother's bed?
(a) A diary.
(b) A box with mementos.
(c) A one hundred-dollar bill.
(d) A ring.
9. Which of the following baseball teams do Penny and her Uncle Dominic support?
(a) Dem Bums.
(b) New York Yankees.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) Dem Sluggers.
10. What nationality is that of Penny's father's family?
11. Which of the following is the name of Penny's mother?
12. Who offers Penny and her co-worker cookies and lemonade?
(a) Mrs. Chickalos.
(b) Mrs. Morelli.
(c) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(d) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
13. What color is the apparel that Penny picks out for herself at her relative's clothing factory?
(d) Royal blue.
14. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Spinach and carrots.
(b) Carrots and green beans.
(c) Peas and onions.
(d) Peas and lima beans.
15. Which of the following is Penny's real first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
2. Who does Penny run to for comfort following her confrontation with her mother concerning Mr. Mulligan?
3. What was the first piece of jewelry that Penny's mother had?
4. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
5. Where does Penny end up going when she visits her father's side of the family?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)