|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Penny's birthdays is coming up?
(a) Her eleventh birthday.
(b) Her fourteenth birthday.
(c) Her thirteenth birthday.
(d) Her twelfth birthday.
2. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
3. What is Pop-pop painting on the summer porch?
(a) A wicker couch.
(b) A quilt rack.
(c) A wooden chair.
(d) A desk.
4. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
(a) Her mother, Eleanor.
(d) Her Aunt Gina.
5. Which of the following baseball teams do Penny and her Uncle Dominic support?
(a) Dem Bums.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) Dem Sluggers.
(d) New York Yankees.
6. What is the primary language that Penny's uncles speak?
7. Who has offered Penny a job?
(c) Uncle Dominic.
(d) Uncle Ralphie.
8. What does Penny notice to be missing from the sideboard while she and her family members are having dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Her mother's best silver chafing dish.
(b) The coffee pot.
(c) A photo of her mother and father.
(d) Her mother's china platter.
9. Where does Penny end up going when she visits her father's side of the family?
(a) She ends up going to church.
(b) She ends up going to the cemetery.
(c) She ends up going to the soda shop.
(d) She ends up going to the theatre.
10. What decade is the setting for this story?
11. What is Penny's mother no longer wearing while she is preparing dinner for her family and Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Her charm bracelet.
(b) Her engagement ring.
(c) Her pearl necklace.
(d) Her wedding ring.
12. What does Penny pay for with earnings from her job?
(a) Medicine for Nonny.
(b) A spring bouquet of flowers for Me-me.
(c) A new hairbrush and mirror set for her mother.
(d) Part of the household finances.
13. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Spinach and carrots.
(b) Peas and lima beans.
(c) Peas and onions.
(d) Carrots and green beans.
14. What does Penny attempt to lead Mr. Mulligan into believing about her mother?
(a) That she really does not have any interest in him.
(b) That her mother is abusive.
(c) That she really does not know how to cook.
(d) That she spends money extravagantly.
15. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
(a) By watching a ball game together.
(b) By taking Scarlett O'Hara for a walk together.
(c) By playing a game of checkers together.
(d) By fixing dinner for themselves and Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny find under her mother's bed?
2. What does Mr. Mulligan do at the end of his date with Penny's mother (Eleanor) that disappoints Penny?
3. Who was nicknamed "the Water Boy"?
4. Whose order is the basis for jokes among Penny and her co-workers?
5. Who owns a clothing store?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)