|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is going to work alongside Penny as she handles her job?
2. Specifically, what task will Penny be handling in her new job?
3. What does Frankie want Uncle Dominic to teach him?
(a) How to solve algebra problems.
(b) How to repair cars.
(c) How to drive.
(d) How to trim bushes.
4. What does Penny notice to be missing from the sideboard while she and her family members are having dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) The coffee pot.
(b) Her mother's china platter.
(c) A photo of her mother and father.
(d) Her mother's best silver chafing dish.
5. What does Penny's clothing store owning relative offer her from the store every year?
(a) Fall coat.
(b) A pair of overalls.
(c) A Sunday dress.
(d) A pair of culottes.
6. Who owns a clothing store?
(a) Aunt Gina.
(b) Uncle Paulie.
(c) Uncle Nunzio.
(d) Uncle Dominic.
7. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a nurse in a doctor's office.
(b) She is a postal carrier.
(c) She is a secretary for a trucking company.
(d) She is a school teacher.
8. Who is Penny's mother laughing and talking with at the door when Penny awakens at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Mr. Mulligan.
9. Which of the following is Penny struck by when her Uncle Dominic drives her home?
(a) The difference in her mother's family and her father's family.
(b) A hardball that crashes through the car windshield.
(c) A yearning for chocolate ice cream.
(d) An idea to surprise her mother with a present.
10. Where are Penny and her father in her dream?
(a) At the park.
(b) At the zoo.
(c) At the circus.
(d) At the beach.
11. Which of the following is the name of Penny's dog?
(a) Beulah O'Reilly.
(b) Harriet O'Hare.
(d) Scarlett O'Hara.
12. Who do Nonny and Uncle Paulie "talk to" regularly?
13. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
(a) Wash his car.
(b) Yard work.
(c) Paint his fence.
(d) Sweep his roof.
14. What color is the apparel that Penny picks out for herself at her relative's clothing factory?
(c) Royal blue.
15. What does Mr. Mulligan do at the end of his date with Penny's mother (Eleanor) that disappoints Penny?
(a) He lingers too long.
(b) He does not open the car door for her mother.
(c) He keeps his voice low, and Penny cannot hear what he is saying.
(d) He kisses her mother on the lips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
2. What was Penny's mother wearing in the photo behind which Penny's father wrote, "I am the luckiest fella ever"?
3. Which of the following is the name of Penny's mother?
4. Which of the following has a large dog?
5. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)