Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following causes Penny to awake from her dream?
(a) A leaky toilet.
(b) A barking dog.
(c) A blaring siren.
(d) A ringing alarm.
2. What does Pop-pop ask Mr. Mulligan?
(a) How many times he has been married.
(b) Whether he plans to marry his daughter.
(c) What he appreciates the most about his job.
(d) What he dislikes the most about his job.
3. What does Penny's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a school teacher.
(b) She is a secretary for a trucking company.
(c) She is a postal carrier.
(d) She is a nurse in a doctor's office.
4. What does Frankie offer to do for Uncle Paulie?
(a) Yard work.
(b) Wash his car.
(c) Paint his fence.
(d) Sweep his roof.
5. Why do Eleanor and Me-me leave the dining room during their dinner with Mr. Mulligan, Penny, and Pop-pop?
(a) To jointly carry a large special dessert from the kitchen.
(b) To clean Mr. Mulligan's shoe.
(c) To talk about Mr. Mulligan.
(d) To check on something that was left cooking on the stove.
6. Who has offered Penny a job?
(a) Uncle Dominic.
(c) Uncle Ralphie.
7. Where are Penny and her father in her dream?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At the park.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At the circus.
8. What is the name of the lady who is a friend to Penny's mother?
9. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
(a) A mischievous little girl.
(b) A story-telling old man.
(c) A plump older lady.
(d) A handsome young man.
10. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
(a) When Nonny does not feel like cooking.
(b) Every Sunday.
(c) When company is expected.
(d) Every Thursday.
11. Who do Nonny and Uncle Paulie "talk to" regularly?
12. What color is Pop-pop painting all of the furniture?
13. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
(a) By playing a game of checkers together.
(b) By fixing dinner for themselves and Eleanor.
(c) By taking Scarlett O'Hara for a walk together.
(d) By watching a ball game together.
14. What does Mr. Mulligan do at the end of his date with Penny's mother (Eleanor) that disappoints Penny?
(a) He kisses her mother on the lips.
(b) He lingers too long.
(c) He does not open the car door for her mother.
(d) He keeps his voice low, and Penny cannot hear what he is saying.
15. Who appears to have an abusive husband in Chapter 3 of the story?
(a) Mrs. Giaquinto.
(b) Mrs. Chickalos.
(c) Mrs. Wiederhorn.
(d) Mrs. Morelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
2. What is Pop-pop painting on the summer porch?
3. What types of vegetables are served as part of the dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
4. Where will Penny's family be going for summer vacation?
5. What baseball position does Frankie ask Penny to play?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)