|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is going to work alongside Penny as she handles her job?
2. How old is the baby brother of Penny's co-worker?
(a) Two months old.
(b) One year old.
(c) Three weeks old.
(d) Six months old.
3. In all, how many relatives does Penny have whom she refers to as uncles?
4. Which of the following best reflects the time that Penny's mother returns home from her date?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(b) 12:45 a.m.
(c) 11:55 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
5. Where do Penny and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
(a) At the local grill.
(b) At the local drive-inn.
(c) At the 24-Hour Diner.
(d) At the Sweet Shoppe.
6. What decade is the setting for this story?
7. What does Penny notice to be missing from the sideboard while she and her family members are having dinner with Mr. Mulligan?
(a) Her mother's best silver chafing dish.
(b) The coffee pot.
(c) A photo of her mother and father.
(d) Her mother's china platter.
8. Which of the following is an after dinner activity at Nonny's?
9. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
10. What type of animal does Penny's dog chase into the house?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A opossum.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A cat.
11. What state is the setting of the story?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
12. What happens when Penny tries to stop the dog from chasing the animal inside the house?
(a) The china on top of the table is toppled and broken.
(b) Penny falls head first into a can of paint.
(c) A chair is flipped over.
(d) Penny trips and lands on top of the sofa.
13. Whose order is the basis for jokes among Penny and her co-workers?
(a) Mrs. Harrison's.
(b) Mrs. Morelli's.
(c) Mrs. Wiederhorn's.
(d) Mrs. Giaquinto's.
14. What color is Pop-pop painting all of the furniture?
15. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
(a) She tells him that he is not as good-looking as her father was.
(b) She tells him to be quiet so that she can hear the ball game.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She laughs about the clothes that he is wearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Uncle Ralphie's wife?
2. What was the first piece of jewelry that Penny's mother had?
3. What nationality is that of Penny's father's family?
4. Which of the following causes Penny to awake from her dream?
5. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)