|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Penny's mother wearing in the photo behind which Penny's father wrote, "I am the luckiest fella ever"?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) A turtleneck sweater.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A bonnet.
2. Where is Aunt Gina planning to go dancing?
(a) Atlantic City.
(c) New York City
3. Which of the following would best describe Garboella?
(a) A handsome young man.
(b) A plump older lady.
(c) A story-telling old man.
(d) A mischievous little girl.
4. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
(a) She tells him to be quiet so that she can hear the ball game.
(b) She laughs about the clothes that he is wearing.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She tells him that he is not as good-looking as her father was.
5. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
(a) A fox stole.
(b) A winter coat.
(c) A tent dress.
(d) A mink stole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
2. Who is going to work alongside Penny as she handles her job?
3. What decade is the setting for this story?
4. How old is the baby brother of Penny's co-worker?
5. What color is the apparel that Penny picks out for herself at her relative's clothing factory?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)