|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Penny's birthdays is coming up?
(a) Her thirteenth birthday.
(b) Her fourteenth birthday.
(c) Her twelfth birthday.
(d) Her eleventh birthday.
2. Which of the following is Penny struck by when her Uncle Dominic drives her home?
(a) A hardball that crashes through the car windshield.
(b) The difference in her mother's family and her father's family.
(c) An idea to surprise her mother with a present.
(d) A yearning for chocolate ice cream.
3. What does Penny's mother ask her to do as she gets ready to go out to dinner?
(a) To do her homework.
(b) To help Me-me with the chores.
(c) To listen to a classical music program on the radio.
(d) To lay out her school clothes to wear the next day.
4. How are Penny and Mr. Mulligan supposed to spend quality time together?
(a) By watching a ball game together.
(b) By taking Scarlett O'Hara for a walk together.
(c) By fixing dinner for themselves and Eleanor.
(d) By playing a game of checkers together.
5. What is the most significant mystery in Penny's life?
(a) Why her mother's family does not socialize with her father's family.
(b) The circumstances surrounding her father's death.
(c) What type of personality her father had.
(d) Whether she was adopted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny do to Mr. Mulligan that upsets her mother?
2. What does Penny select for her mother from her relative's clothing store?
3. Which of the following causes of death do Penny's relatives give her when she asks about how her father died?
4. Who is Penny's mother laughing and talking with at the door when Penny awakens at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. Which of the following is the name of Penny's mother?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)