|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eleanor disappointed toward the end of Penny's twelfth birthday?
(a) Because she does not have the funds to buy Penny a special birthday gift.
(b) Because she has been upstaged by her late husband's side of the family.
(c) Because she realizes that Penny's childhood is ending.
(d) Because Penny has been eating too many sweets.
2. Who is going to work alongside Penny as she handles her job?
3. Traditionally, when does Penny's mom (Eleanor) cook?
(a) When Nonny does not feel like cooking.
(b) When company is expected.
(c) Every Sunday.
(d) Every Thursday.
4. Who makes Penny tongue-tied outside the eatery where she and Pop-pop enjoy a hamburger and a sundae?
5. Who does Penny help with the laundry?
(b) Her Aunt Gina.
(c) Her mother, Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Specifically, what task will Penny be handling in her new job?
2. Who appears to have an abusive husband in Chapter 3 of the story?
3. What does Penny's mother gift Penny for her twelfth birthday?
4. What does Penny pay for with earnings from her job?
5. Who is Carolina?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)