|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Allies secure Benouville?
(a) By 1800 hours on June 6.
(b) By 1900 hours on June 7.
(c) By 0525 on June 6.
(d) By 0350 on August 21.
2. The music Sweeney heard was supposed to be__________________.
(a) A victory signal.
(b) A signal between Howard and Lovat.
(c) A retreat signal.
(d) A surrender signal.
3. How long after the capture of the bridges did Howard anticipate the paratroopers would start to land according to Chapter 6, D-Day: 0026-0600 Hours?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
4. What happened on the bridges at 1000 hours on June 6th?
(a) A German fighter dropped a bomb.
(b) Gardner was shot and killed.
(c) A German private surrender.
(d) The 21st Panzer counter attack?
5. When was Caen liberated?
(a) August, 1944.
(b) June, 1944.
(c) January, 1945.
(d) December, 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Gondrees spend the night according to Chapter 7, D-Day: 0600 to 1200 Hours?
2. What did Company D become after June 6?
3. Who was the first allied soldier to die on D-Day?
4. What were Gardner, Bailey, Gray, and Parr trying to do at dawn on June 6th?
5. How prepared were Von Luck's men for such a situation according to Ambrose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who renamed the canal bridge? What was the new name?
2. Who was the first Allied soldier to be killed on D-Day?
3. What happened starting in 1984, according to Chapter 11, D-Day Plus Forty Years to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
4. Why did the Gondres spend the night in the cellar, according to Chapter 7, D-Day: 0600 to 1200 Hours?
5. What happened to von Luck?
6. Why were Howard's platoons repositioned?
7. Why was Howard's special unit shrinking?
8. In what endeavor was Howard instrumental?
9. What happened by 1800 hours according to Chapter 8, D-Day: 1200 to 2400 Hours?
10. Why did the British forces go into defensive mode in Chapter 9, D-Day Plus One to D-Day Plus Ninety?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)