|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Von Luck Panzer move toward on June 6?
2. What did Howard learn about at the regiment headquarters?
(a) The invasion was a success.
(b) Pegasus was a failure.
(c) Pegasus bridge was destroyed shortly after their departure.
(d) They landed on the wrong bridge.
3. What did Howard use to guide paratroopers to the bridges?
(a) His cricket.
(b) His whistle.
(c) A stolen machine gun.
(d) His singing.
4. How long did Romer, Hickman, and Erwin hide before surrendering on June,1944?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
5. Where did Romer, Hickman, and Erwin hide before surrendering on June,1944?
(a) In a church.
(b) In bushes.
(c) In a sewage pipe.
(d) In the canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Howard and his men do when paratroopers arrived at the bridges?
2. How prepared were Von Luck's men for such a situation according to Ambrose?
3. When did Howard retire?
4. How far from the beaches did the British troops go on D-Day according to Chapter 9?
5. Who relieved Company D at the end of June 6, 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the Pegasus Bridge eventually replaced according to Ambrose?
2. What did General Gale do after he arrived at 0900 hours?
3. What happened by 1800 hours according to Chapter 8, D-Day: 1200 to 2400 Hours?
4. Why did Sweeney hear the sound of bagpipes?
5. What happened to von Luck?
6. Why was the morale of men low according to Ambrose?
7. Why was Howard's special unit shrinking?
8. What happened in August and September according to Chapter 9, D-Day Plus One to D-Day Plus Ninety?
9. What happened to the Panzers as they began to move from Caen in Chapter 8, D-Day: 1200 to 2400 Hours?
10. What did the paratroopers think according to Ambrose?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)