|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Howard's men sleep on the night of June 6th to the 7th?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) They had no sleep.
2. What did the French do to the bridge over the canal?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Replaced it with a museum.
(c) Renamed it Pegasus Bridge.
(d) Renamed it Howard Bridge.
3. Who fired the Piat weapon?
4. Where was Von Luck's division reassigned on August 21, 1944?
(b) The Ardennes.
(c) The defense of Berlin.
(d) South of France.
5. What movie did Howard consult on after the war?
(b) Saving Private Ryan.
(c) Pegasus Bridge.
(d) The Longest Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Gardner, Bailey, Gray, and Parr trying to do at dawn on June 6th?
2. What was made depicting the action at the bridges?
3. Why were the paratroopers disoriented when they landed according to Ambrose?
4. What was highly publicized and celebrated?
5. Where did Howard try to be reassigned to after recuperating from his car accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Howard after his leave, according to Chapter 10, D-Day Plus Three Months to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
2. What have movies depicted, according to Ambrose?
3. Why was the morale of men low according to Ambrose?
4. What happened between the Germans and Howard's troops, according to Ambrose?
5. What invasion began at dawn, according to Chapter 7, D-Day: 0600 to 1200 Hours?
6. Why was Howard's special unit shrinking?
7. Why did Sweeney hear the sound of bagpipes?
8. What happened in August and September according to Chapter 9, D-Day Plus One to D-Day Plus Ninety?
9. In what endeavor was Howard instrumental?
10. What happened starting in 1984, according to Chapter 11, D-Day Plus Forty Years to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)