|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the British paratroopers find in the tunnels?
(a) Sleeping Germans.
(b) A printing press.
(d) French prisoners.
2. Who took over patrolling duties at the bridges after their arrival?
(a) 7th Battalion.
(b) 5th Division.
(c) E Company.
(d) 6th Regiment.
3. How many fatalities were suffered by the time Howard called for a platoon leader meeting?
4. The music Sweeney heard was supposed to be__________________.
(a) A victory signal.
(b) A retreat signal.
(c) A signal between Howard and Lovat.
(d) A surrender signal.
5. What did the Gondrees learn when the soldiers knocked on their door?
(a) They could not be trusted.
(b) They were British.
(c) They were American.
(d) They were German.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Allies secure Benouville?
2. What happened at dawn on June 6th?
3. What direction did Howard and his men start moving after being relieved?
4. How far from the beaches did the British troops go on D-Day according to Chapter 9?
5. How long after the capture of the bridges did Howard anticipate the paratroopers would start to land according to Chapter 6, D-Day: 0026-0600 Hours?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have movies depicted, according to Ambrose?
2. Who was the first Allied soldier to be killed on D-Day?
3. What invasion began at dawn, according to Chapter 7, D-Day: 0600 to 1200 Hours?
4. What did General Gale do after he arrived at 0900 hours?
5. Why did Sweeney hear the sound of bagpipes?
6. What happened by 1800 hours according to Chapter 8, D-Day: 1200 to 2400 Hours?
7. What happened starting in 1984, according to Chapter 11, D-Day Plus Forty Years to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
8. What did Howard turn his attention toward at the beginning of Chapter 6, D-Day: 0026 - 0600 Hours?
9. What happened to Howard after his leave, according to Chapter 10, D-Day Plus Three Months to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
10. Who renamed the canal bridge? What was the new name?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)