|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Howard traveling to according to Chapter 11?
(b) Whole of England.
(d) Europe and U.S.
2. For how long was Von Luck a POW?
(a) Five years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Six years.
(d) One year.
3. How far from the beaches did the British troops go on D-Day according to Chapter 9?
(a) To Lisieux.
(b) To Brest.
(c) Not far beyond the Pegasus bridge.
(d) 150 km from the coast.
4. What was highly publicized and celebrated?
(a) The 50th anniversary of the capture of the bridge.
(b) The death of Romer.
(c) The 40th anniversary of the capture of the bridge.
(d) The promotion of Howard to General.
5. How prepared were Von Luck's men for such a situation according to Ambrose?
(a) Very, Von Luck's plans were made for such a situation.
(b) None, the division was on leave.
(c) Barely, it was something Von Luck didn't anticipate.
(d) Barely, Von Luck didn't have time to train.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many complete glider groups were present when Howard called for a platoon leader meeting?
2. What happened on the bridges at 1000 hours on June 6th?
3. What direction did Howard and his men start moving after being relieved?
4. What was Von Luck waiting for to counterattack with the full force of the 21st Panzer?
5. Where did Howard figure the paratroopers would start to land after the capture of the bridges?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the morale of men low according to Ambrose?
2. What did the display lead the Germans to believe in Chapter 6?
3. What does Ambrose say of the villages of Benouville and Ranville?
4. Why did Sweeney hear the sound of bagpipes?
5. What happened starting in 1984, according to Chapter 11, D-Day Plus Forty Years to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
6. What have movies depicted, according to Ambrose?
7. What happened when the Warwickshire Regiment arrived?
8. What happened to the Germans found not sleeping in tunnels?
9. Who renamed the canal bridge? What was the new name?
10. Why was Howard's special unit shrinking?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)