|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the German resistance force the British troops to do in the weeks following the invasion of Europe?
(b) Choose another route to Germany.
(c) Go in defensive mode.
(d) Attack harder.
2. Whom was Howard lecturing according to Chapter 11?
(a) British Cadets.
(b) Post grad history students.
(c) NATO Cadets.
(d) History researchers.
3. Whose accounts, beside those of the British troops, were used in the depiction of the action at the bridges?
(a) The French resistance members.
(b) Romer's, Hickman's, and Erwin's.
(c) No other accounts were used.
(d) The Gondree's.
4. What was Company D given after returning to England?
(a) A tour of London.
(c) Double rations.
(d) A night out.
5. Who took over patrolling duties at the bridges after their arrival?
(a) 5th Division.
(b) E Company.
(c) 6th Regiment.
(d) 7th Battalion.
6. Who attended the celebrations for the capture of the Pegasus bridge prior to 1984 according to Chapter 11, D-Day Plus Forty Years to D-Day Plus Fifty Years?
(a) Howard and Gale alone.
(b) Allied soldiers only.
(c) Only those who participated.
(d) The public.
7. How far from the beaches did the British troops go on D-Day according to Chapter 9?
(a) To Brest.
(b) Not far beyond the Pegasus bridge.
(c) 150 km from the coast.
(d) To Lisieux.
8. When was Caen liberated?
(a) June, 1944.
(b) January, 1945.
(c) December, 1944.
(d) August, 1944.
9. Where was Von Luck's division reassigned on August 21, 1944?
(a) The Ardennes.
(b) South of France.
(c) The defense of Berlin.
10. What did Howard and his men hear near the canal bridge?
(a) French resistance members.
(b) German tanks.
(c) German infantry.
(d) Their relief.
11. What was Von Luck's job after the war?
(a) Construction worker in Berlin.
(c) Coffee importer in Hamburg.
(d) Writer for the New York Times.
12. What did Howard and his men do when paratroopers arrived at the bridges?
(a) They briefed them.
(b) They used them as couriers.
(c) They used them on the front line.
(d) They deployed them immediately.
13. What did the Gondrees learn when the soldiers knocked on their door?
(a) They could not be trusted.
(b) They were American.
(c) They were German.
(d) They were British.
14. What did the cafe become on June 6th?
(a) A rest area.
(b) A medical station.
(c) A battalion aid post.
(d) A command post.
15. How prepared were Von Luck's men for such a situation according to Ambrose?
(a) Barely, Von Luck didn't have time to train.
(b) Barely, it was something Von Luck didn't anticipate.
(c) Very, Von Luck's plans were made for such a situation.
(d) None, the division was on leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Howard receive from the French after the war?
2. What did the Spitfire drop on the men at the bridges on the morning of June 6th?
3. When did the Allies secure Benouville?
4. What movie did Howard consult on after the war?
5. What was made depicting the action at the bridges?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)