|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far from the beaches did the British troops go on D-Day according to Chapter 9?
(a) To Lisieux.
(b) 150 km from the coast.
(c) To Brest.
(d) Not far beyond the Pegasus bridge.
2. Where did Howard figure the paratroopers would start to land after the capture of the bridges?
3. For how long was Von Luck a POW?
(a) Six years.
(b) One year.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Five years.
4. Where were the tunnels the paratroopers started to explore after securing the bridges?
(a) South of the Cafe.
(b) Under the bridges.
(c) Under the anti-tank guns.
(d) Under the road.
5. Where did the Panzers move from on June 6?
(b) St. Maran.
6. Who from Company C was ordered to report to the beaches from Company D?
(a) The doctors.
(b) The glider pilots.
(c) The machine gunners.
7. What was Company D given after returning to England?
(a) A tour of London.
(b) Double rations.
(d) A night out.
8. Where did Romer, Hickman, and Erwin hide before surrendering on June,1944?
(a) In a sewage pipe.
(b) In the canal.
(c) In bushes.
(d) In a church.
9. What happened at dawn on June 6th?
(a) Bombing of Hiroshima.
(b) The loss of Sicily.
(c) The seaborne invasion.
(d) The end of the fighting in North Africa.
10. Where were the planes and gliders at Oxford heading to?
(a) The Pacific.
11. What did the paratroopers think was happening at the bridges?
(a) Heavy fighting.
(c) Light fighting.
(d) Company D's capture.
12. What did Howard learn about at the regiment headquarters?
(a) The invasion was a success.
(b) Pegasus bridge was destroyed shortly after their departure.
(c) Pegasus was a failure.
(d) They landed on the wrong bridge.
13. Where was Howard living according to Chapter 11?
14. What happened on the bridges at 1000 hours on June 6th?
(a) A German private surrender.
(b) The 21st Panzer counter attack?
(c) Gardner was shot and killed.
(d) A German fighter dropped a bomb.
15. When did Howard retire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who from Company C participated in operation Market Garden?
2. What did Georges Gondree dig up from his garden?
3. Who relieved Company D at the end of June 6, 1944?
4. What did Howard and his men hear near the canal bridge?
5. What did the German resistance force the British troops to do in the weeks following the invasion of Europe?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)