|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lit flares to guide the paratroopers to their drop zones?
(b) Renegade German soldiers.
(c) Path locators.
2. When did the Allies secure Benouville?
(a) By 1900 hours on June 7.
(b) By 0525 on June 6.
(c) By 0350 on August 21.
(d) By 1800 hours on June 6.
3. What movie did Howard consult on after the war?
(b) The Longest Day.
(c) Saving Private Ryan.
(d) Pegasus Bridge.
4. Where was Howard living according to Chapter 11?
5. How long did Howard's men sleep on the night of June 6th to the 7th?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) They had no sleep.
(d) Five hours.
6. When did Howard retire?
7. What did Howard learn about at the regiment headquarters?
(a) They landed on the wrong bridge.
(b) Pegasus bridge was destroyed shortly after their departure.
(c) The invasion was a success.
(d) Pegasus was a failure.
8. What did Georges Gondree dig up from his garden?
(a) A detailed map of German positions.
(b) A pot of gold.
(c) 65 bottles of cider.
(d) 98 bottles of champagne.
9. Who attacked Company D as they moved toward Escoville?
(a) 1st SS Panzer Division.
(b) 21st Panzer Division.
(c) 2nd Panzer Grenadier.
(d) Panzer Lehr.
10. How many anti-tank weapons did Howard have?
11. Where was Howard traveling when he had his car accident?
12. Who from Company C was ordered to report to the beaches from Company D?
(b) The machine gunners.
(c) The doctors.
(d) The glider pilots.
13. What did the paratroopers think was happening at the bridges?
(a) Company D's capture.
(c) Heavy fighting.
(d) Light fighting.
14. What did the French do to the bridge over the canal?
(a) Renamed it Pegasus Bridge.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Renamed it Howard Bridge.
(d) Replaced it with a museum.
15. Where did the Gondrees spend the night according to Chapter 7, D-Day: 0600 to 1200 Hours?
(a) Treating wounded Allied soldiers.
(b) Serving German soldiers.
(c) In their office.
(d) In their cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many planes provided air cover to the allied landing troops?
2. What did Sweeney say he heard during a meeting about the current situation of the troops on the Pegasus bridge?
3. What happened at dawn on June 6th?
4. What did the cafe become on June 6th?
5. Where were the planes and gliders at Oxford heading to?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)