|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Company D's function after they were relieved by the paratrooper Battalion?
(a) Intelligence Company.
(b) Reserve company.
(c) Left flank cover.
(d) Right flank cover.
2. Whom was Howard lecturing according to Chapter 11?
(a) NATO Cadets.
(b) British Cadets.
(c) Post grad history students.
(d) History researchers.
3. What did Howard receive from the French after the war?
(a) Awards and citations.
(b) A gold plated Colt 1911.
(c) A visit from the President.
(d) An honorary doctorate.
4. What happened at dawn on June 6th?
(a) The loss of Sicily.
(b) The seaborne invasion.
(c) The end of the fighting in North Africa.
(d) Bombing of Hiroshima.
5. What was Company D given after returning to England?
(a) A night out.
(c) A tour of London.
(d) Double rations.
6. How prepared were Von Luck's men for such a situation according to Ambrose?
(a) None, the division was on leave.
(b) Very, Von Luck's plans were made for such a situation.
(c) Barely, it was something Von Luck didn't anticipate.
(d) Barely, Von Luck didn't have time to train.
7. What happened on the bridges at 1000 hours on June 6th?
(a) A German fighter dropped a bomb.
(b) Gardner was shot and killed.
(c) A German private surrender.
(d) The 21st Panzer counter attack?
8. What did the paratroopers think was happening at the bridges?
(a) Company D's capture.
(b) Light fighting.
(d) Heavy fighting.
9. When was Caen liberated?
(a) August, 1944.
(b) June, 1944.
(c) January, 1945.
(d) December, 1944.
10. What did the German resistance force the British troops to do in the weeks following the invasion of Europe?
(a) Attack harder.
(b) Go in defensive mode.
(d) Choose another route to Germany.
11. Who from Company C was ordered to report to the beaches from Company D?
(a) The machine gunners.
(b) The glider pilots.
(c) The doctors.
12. Where did Howard figure the paratroopers would start to land after the capture of the bridges?
13. What did Georges Gondree dig up from his garden?
(a) 98 bottles of champagne.
(b) 65 bottles of cider.
(c) A detailed map of German positions.
(d) A pot of gold.
14. Where were the planes and gliders at Oxford heading to?
(b) The Pacific.
15. Whose accounts, beside those of the British troops, were used in the depiction of the action at the bridges?
(a) The Gondree's.
(b) No other accounts were used.
(c) The French resistance members.
(d) Romer's, Hickman's, and Erwin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Gondrees know about the soldiers by the bridge?
2. What did Howard learn about at the regiment headquarters?
3. Where were the relief troops for the bridge supposed to come from?
4. What did the cafe become on June 6th?
5. Where was Howard living according to Chapter 11?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)