|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Company D go at the end of May 1944?
(c) Tarrant Rushton.
2. What was the first report Howard received after setting up his command post on the Canal Bridge?
(a) The arrival of the relieving company.
(b) The arrival of Poet.
(c) Brotheridge being wounded.
(d) Brotheridge being dead.
3. How many men were with Hickman when he arrived near the bridge?
(a) Four men.
(b) Three men.
(c) Five men.
(d) Two men.
4. What rank did Helmet Romer have on June 5, 1944, according to Chapter 1?
5. When was most of the resistance at the Canal bridge subdued?
(a) 0241 hours.
(b) 0156 hours.
(c) 0021 hours.
(d) 0056 hours.
6. Where did Howard and his troops go for training according to Chapter 4?
7. What direction did Poett go after landing?
(a) The direction the planes flying overhead were going.
(b) The opposite direction of the shot he heard.
(c) The direction of the shot he heard.
(d) The direction of Caen.
8. Where would the 5th Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
(a) North East of Ranville.
(b) South of Brequencon.
(c) East of Goutainville.
(d) North of Caen.
9. Howard decided that _______________ would lead the platoon across the bridge.
10. Who remembered seeing a body near the cafe?
11. Where would the British infantry head according to the plan set in place for the invasion?
12. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
(d) North Africa.
13. What language besides French did Theresa speak?
14. According to the plan, who would relieve Howard after his mission was accomplished?
(a) The 23rd mechanized army.
(b) The 8th Infantry division.
(c) The 7th Para Battalion.
(d) The 1st para division.
15. What company was John Howard part of in 1942?
(a) A Company.
(b) C Company.
(c) T Company.
(d) D Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of planning the Allied invasion of Europe in 1943?
2. Who developed the training program of Company D?
3. What did Colonel Hans A. Von Luck command?
4. Who told Howard to developed his plan to take the bridges?
5. How many platoon leaders were out of action after securing the bridges?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)