|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many divisions constituted the British airborne in 1943, according to Chapter 3?
2. How was the Allied war effort going in 1942, according to the start of Chapter 2?
(a) Very well everywhere.
(b) Very well in Europe, but not in the Pacific.
(c) Not well everywhere.
(d) Very well in North Africa, but not in Europe.
3. What were the men of Company D trained to do?
(a) Analyze the situation before making a decision.
(b) Report to their commanding officer before making a decision.
(c) Think quick and be physically fit.
(d) Be strong at hand combat exclusively.
4. Where did Company D go at the end of May 1944?
(b) Tarrant Rushton.
5. What company was John Howard part of in 1942?
(a) T Company.
(b) C Company.
(c) A Company.
(d) D Company.
6. What canal did the Pegasus Bridge span?
7. What division was Von Luck commanding in the fall of 1943?
(a) 43rd Grenadier division.
(b) 1st Panzer.
(c) Panzer Lehr.
(d) 21st Panzer Division.
8. Where was Brotheridge hit?
(a) The hand.
(b) The back.
(c) The neck.
(d) The leg.
9. Who told Howard to developed his plan to take the bridges?
(a) General Montgomery.
(b) General Eisenhower.
(c) Brigadier Poett.
(d) General Gale.
10. What did Von Luck have his men do on May 29, 1944?
(a) Dig holes for anti-glider poles.
(b) Install machine guns.
(c) Install more anti-air.
(d) Put anti-tank cannons in.
11. What was the first report Howard received after setting up his command post on the Canal Bridge?
(a) Brotheridge being wounded.
(b) The arrival of Poet.
(c) The arrival of the relieving company.
(d) Brotheridge being dead.
12. What language besides French did Theresa speak?
13. When did Howard have access to the documentation concerning the plan?
(a) On Thursday between 5 and 6 p.m.
(b) Whenever he wanted.
(c) Every week day.
(d) During business hours.
14. What was the 6th airborne doing in 1943?
(a) Fighting in the Pacific.
(b) Taking general leave.
(c) Fighting the Germans.
(d) Continuing their training.
15. Who remembered seeing a body near the cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hans A. Von Luck's headquarters?
2. How did the man killed in glider #2 die?
3. What language besides French did Georges speak?
4. What role would the airborne division have during the invasion?
5. What did Howard insist all the men in his company do?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)