|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard decided that the men from glider #2 would ________________.
(a) Find the German officers.
(b) Find the German radio.
(c) Clear the banks.
(d) Destroy the pillbox.
2. What was the name of the local resistance leader?
3. Who was on duty on the canal bridge when the gliders landed?
(d) Von Luck.
4. Who was in charge of planning the Allied invasion of Europe in 1943?
(a) General Howard.
(b) General Eisenhower.
(c) General Frederick Morgan.
(d) General Montgomery.
5. Where would the 5th Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
(a) North of Caen.
(b) North East of Ranville.
(c) South of Brequencon.
(d) East of Goutainville.
6. When did the plan say the paratroopers should arrive at the bridges?
(a) 0125 hours.
(b) 0230 hours.
(c) 0425 hours.
(d) 0015 hours.
7. What was the 6th airborne doing in 1943?
(a) Fighting the Germans.
(b) Continuing their training.
(c) Taking general leave.
(d) Fighting in the Pacific.
8. What did John Howard volunteer for in 1942?
(a) Tank corp.
(b) Counter intelligence.
(c) Airborne glider forces.
(d) Airborne paratroopers.
9. What was the first report Howard received after setting up his command post on the Canal Bridge?
(a) Brotheridge being dead.
(b) Brotheridge being wounded.
(c) The arrival of the relieving company.
(d) The arrival of Poet.
10. What rank did Helmet Romer have on June 5, 1944, according to Chapter 1?
11. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
12. What did Howard know about the Gondrees?
(a) They were collaborators.
(b) They owned a cafe.
(d) They were resistance.
13. Where was Hans Schmidt on the evening of June 5?
14. Whom did Helmet Romer relieve?
(c) Vern Bonck.
15. Where was the 6th Airborne stationed in 1943?
(d) North Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Howard insist all the men in his company do?
2. What was issued to the men of Company D on May 29, 1944?
3. What was Howard not allowed to do with the maps, photos, and his plan to take the bridges?
4. What did Colonel Hans A. Von Luck command?
5. Whose body was laying near the cafe?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)