|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was most of the resistance at the Canal bridge subdued?
(a) 0156 hours.
(b) 0056 hours.
(c) 0021 hours.
(d) 0241 hours.
2. What skills did the training of Company D focus on?
(a) Light infantry.
(b) Heave infantry.
(c) Naval warfare.
(d) Tank driving.
3. Who was in charge of planning the Allied invasion of Europe in 1943?
(a) General Montgomery.
(b) General Eisenhower.
(c) General Frederick Morgan.
(d) General Howard.
4. Who visited Company D at the beginning of June,1944?
(a) Montgomery and Gale.
(b) General Gale.
(d) The queen.
5. How many men were with Hickman when he arrived near the bridge?
(a) Three men.
(b) Two men.
(c) Four men.
(d) Five men.
6. What were the men of Company D trained to do?
(a) Be strong at hand combat exclusively.
(b) Think quick and be physically fit.
(c) Report to their commanding officer before making a decision.
(d) Analyze the situation before making a decision.
7. How far from the Pegasus Bridge did the gliders containing the Allied forced need to land according to the plan?
(a) 600 meters.
(b) 3000 meters.
(c) 400 meters.
(d) 20 meters.
8. Where did the planners of the Allied invasion of Europe decide it would take place?
(c) Pas de Calais.
9. How many platoon leaders were out of action after securing the bridges?
10. How many fatalities were there because of the landing in glider #1?
11. What canal did the Pegasus Bridge span?
12. Where was Hans Schmidt on the evening of June 5?
13. What was the difference between the training regiment of the men and that of the officers?
(a) The officers didn't need to be physically fit.
(b) There was not a difference.
(c) The officers did not have to speak German.
(d) The officers didn't need to be able to think quickly.
14. What company was John Howard part of in 1942?
(a) D Company.
(b) A Company.
(c) T Company.
(d) C Company.
15. What did Howard and the British commander do at five every evening in 1942?
(a) Watched a war movie.
(b) Allowed Company D to have its evening free.
(c) Chanted patriotic songs.
(d) Ate dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for the men in the glider to regain consciousness after the landing?
2. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
3. When did the plan say the paratroopers should arrive at the bridges?
4. Whom did Helmet Romer relieve?
5. Whose body was laying near the cafe?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)