|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was on duty on the canal bridge when the gliders landed?
(d) Von Luck.
2. What was the 6th airborne doing in 1943?
(a) Taking general leave.
(b) Fighting in the Pacific.
(c) Fighting the Germans.
(d) Continuing their training.
3. What canal did the Pegasus Bridge span?
4. Where was Von Luck assigned in 1942?
(a) North Africa.
5. How long did it take for the men in the glider to regain consciousness after the landing?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Two days.
(c) A few seconds.
(d) Four hours.
6. How long did it take Hickman to reach his headquarters?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Nine hours.
(d) Ten hours.
7. Whose shot was heard by Poett?
8. How many fatalities were there because of the landing in glider #1?
9. Where would the 3rd Para Brigade drop according to Howard's orders?
(a) South of the Le Mesnil forest.
(b) North of the Caen car company headquarters.
(c) East of the Clayton ravine.
(d) South of the Caen Forest.
10. What was the name of the local resistance leader?
11. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
(a) The men of glider #1 minus Brotheridge's platoon.
(b) Howard and his platoon.
(c) The bombers towing the gliders.
(d) The men of glider #4.
12. Whose body was laying near the cafe?
13. What bridges did General Gale decide should be taken intact?
(a) The Rhone and Saone bridges.
(b) The Seine bridges.
(c) The Saone and Seine bridges.
(d) Orne river and Caen canal bridges.
14. What rank did Helmet Romer have on June 5, 1944, according to Chapter 1?
15. Who remembered seeing a body near the cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Howard and his troops go for training according to Chapter 4?
2. How far from the Pegasus Bridge did the gliders containing the Allied forced need to land according to the plan?
3. When did Brigadier Poett land in Normandy in Chapter 5?
4. What language besides French did Theresa speak?
5. Whom did Helmet Romer relieve?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)