|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day, pgs. 63-76.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the 1st Airborne stationed in 1943?
(a) North Africa.
2. What did John Howard volunteer for in 1942?
(a) Tank corp.
(b) Airborne glider forces.
(c) Airborne paratroopers.
(d) Counter intelligence.
3. How was the Allied war effort going in 1942, according to the start of Chapter 2?
(a) Very well in North Africa, but not in Europe.
(b) Very well everywhere.
(c) Not well everywhere.
(d) Very well in Europe, but not in the Pacific.
4. When did the plan say the paratroopers should arrive at the bridges?
(a) 0230 hours.
(b) 0015 hours.
(c) 0125 hours.
(d) 0425 hours.
5. Where was the 6th Airborne slated to deploy during the invasion?
(a) East of the Orne River.
(b) South of Lisieux.
(c) West of Caen.
(d) North of Bagnolet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George and Theresa Gondree do for a living?
2. What was the difference between the training regiment of the men and that of the officers?
3. Who developed the training program of Company D?
4. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
5. What were the men of Company D trained to do?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)