|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Chapter 4, pgs. 76-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did the bridge holding exercise given to Company D last?
(a) Three days.
(b) Nine days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
2. What language besides French did Theresa speak?
3. Howard decided that ____________ would take the pillbox out.
(a) Howard and his platoon.
(b) The men of glider #4.
(c) The men of glider #1 minus Brotheridge's platoon.
(d) The bombers towing the gliders.
4. When did Howard receive his orders according to D-Day Minus One Month to D-Day?
(a) May 2, 1944.
(b) December 5, 1942.
(c) June 9, 1944.
(d) June 6, 1943.
5. What were the men of Company D trained to do?
(a) Analyze the situation before making a decision.
(b) Think quick and be physically fit.
(c) Be strong at hand combat exclusively.
(d) Report to their commanding officer before making a decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Howard volunteer for in 1942?
2. According to the plan, who would relieve Howard after his mission was accomplished?
3. Howard decided that _______________ would lead the platoon across the bridge.
4. Where was the 1st Airborne stationed in 1943?
5. Who visited Company D at the beginning of June,1944?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)