|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peer go after Anitra leaves him?
2. How does Peer describe his life after he is abandoned by Anitra in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. Where does Peer spend his middle aged years?
4. What does the person by the Sphinx call Peer?
5. What does Peer ask to be reminded to do at the beginning of Act 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Troll King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)