|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the dead man have to re-build his farm?
2. Why does Peer think he is protected from what destroyed his yacht?
3. In Act 5, Scene 1, Peer tells the person with him to do what before he dies?
4. What does Peer ask to be reminded to do at the beginning of Act 5?
5. What does Peer sell in China?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. Where are these themes present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
The Troll King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)