|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer say he does not want his money supporting at the beginning of Act 5?
2. Where does Peer spend his middle aged years?
3. What does Peer do when he first sees Solveig at the end of the book?
4. Who does Peer apologize to in the forest?
5. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)