|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer say he has the right to do when the ship sinks?
2. Where is Peer when he meets the button moulder?
3. What happens to Peer as he runs away from Solveig's hut again?
4. Who gives the eulogy for the dead man?
5. Where does Peer plan to go after the ship sinks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Ibsen have chosen these particular places for this plot?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)