|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peer go after Anitra leaves him?
2. What injury does the person with Peer have after the ship has sunk?
3. What does the person by the Sphinx call Peer?
4. What does Anitra think is happening while she is on her ride with Peer?
5. Who does Peer think the Passenger is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Peer endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)