|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peer says what to try and get a girl to dance with him a second time?
2. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
3. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
4. What is the philosophy of the King's life?
5. What do people refuse to do with Peer when he first arrives at the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Peer finds an onion in the woods?
2. What does Aslak say when Peer sees him on his way to Ingrid's wedding, and how does Peer react to this?
3. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
5. Who does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid, and what does he do with them?
6. What is the Lean Man's job?
7. What happens when Peer gets to the wedding feast?
8. What does a young boy do at the beginning of Act 3?
9. What happens when Peer refuses to allow his eye to be cut in order to look more like a troll?
10. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peer endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)