|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer wonder about as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
2. What is Aase's friend helping her do when she first appears in Act 2?
3. What does Peer say happened when he jumped on the wounded animal's back?
4. Where does Peer wake up after being attacked in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. In Act 3, Scene 4, where does Peer say he is going?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Huhu, and what does he say to Peer when they first meet?
2. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
3. Why does Aase lose her home?
4. What is strange about the Woman in Green's home?
5. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
6. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
7. What does the button moulder say he has come to do to Peer?
8. What does Peer decide to do after his mother's death?
9. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
10. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)