|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Solveig's sister?
2. What does Peer say he feels for all women?
3. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
4. During the wedding, Peer is asked to help with what task?
5. What is the philosophy of the King's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
2. What does Peer ask permission to do to repent of his sins, and how does the button moulder respond?
3. What happens when Peer finds an onion in the woods?
4. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
5. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
6. What happens while Peer is living in a tree?
7. What does the button moulder say he has come to do to Peer?
8. Why does the passenger tell Peer that he doesn't have to worry about dying when the ship sinks?
9. How does Peer describe the tree he is cutting down at the beginning of Act 3?
10. What happens when Peer refuses to allow his eye to be cut in order to look more like a troll?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. Where are these themes present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)