|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peer first arrives at the wedding, what is happening?
2. What happens to the girl Peer had been spending time with when he is away hunting?
3. What does Peer say he lost while he was hunting?
4. In Act 2, Scene 7, the person Peer asks to deliver the gift and message to Solveig tries to do what?
5. Who does Peer hear talking as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
2. What happens when Solveig gets to the wedding feast?
3. What happens when Peer gets to the wedding feast?
4. What does Aase find while she is packing her belongings in preparation to leave her home?
5. What is strange about the Woman in Green's home?
6. What is the life philosophy that the Troll King preaches, and how does it differ from the human philosophy on life?
7. Why does the young boy cut his finger off?
8. What are the main differences Peer sees between being revered in America and in Morocco?
9. Who does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid, and what does he do with them?
10. What is the middle aged woman doing at the end of Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)