|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
2. Who is the first person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. What is the name of the first girl to dance with Peer at the wedding?
4. What does Peer want to be when he grows up?
5. Who does Peer meet after his vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer do when he sees people dancing at the wedding?
2. Who is Huhu, and what does he say to Peer when they first meet?
3. What does Peer decide to do after his mother's death?
4. What does the button moulder say he has come to do to Peer?
5. What does Aslak say when Peer sees him on his way to Ingrid's wedding, and how does Peer react to this?
6. What is the Lean Man's job?
7. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
8. What does Peer hear from other travelers as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
9. What does Solveig do when she hears Peer bragging after he wakes up from his attack?
10. Why does Aase lose her home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)