|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
2. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
3. Where is the bride during the wedding?
4. What does Peer compare a tree to at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What do people refuse to do with Peer when he first arrives at the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Peer do when he sees people dancing at the wedding?
3. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Solveig do when she hears Peer bragging after he wakes up from his attack?
5. What happens to Peer after the Troll King leaves?
6. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
7. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Scene 7?
8. What does Peer wonder about as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
9. What does Peer say about sailors?
10. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The Troll King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)