|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men at the doors of the wedding ask Peer to do?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, when the King runs away, what surrounds Peer?
3. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
4. Who is Peer with at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What is the punishment for the crime Peer committed after kidnapping Ingrid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Peer refuses to allow his eye to be cut in order to look more like a troll?
2. Why does the young boy cut his finger off?
3. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Scene 7?
4. What happens when Peer finds an onion in the woods?
5. What does Peer do when he sees people dancing at the wedding?
6. What is the life philosophy that the Troll King preaches, and how does it differ from the human philosophy on life?
7. What does Peer do to make up for all the evil he put into the world?
8. How does Anitra abandon Peer?
9. Before her death, Aase tries to talk to Peer about Ingrid. What does he do?
10. What does Solveig do when she sees Peer at the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Peer endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)