|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Peer in his life in the forest?
2. Why does Aase say she should not be looking for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
3. Who does Peer hear talking as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
4. What is the name of the person who teases Peer during the second scene of the play?
5. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
2. What does Peer do with Ingrid that could merit his hanging?
3. How does Anitra abandon Peer?
4. Where is Peer, and who is he with at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What do Peer's guests do after hearing about his plans to join the war between the Greeks and the Turks?
6. What does Peer hear from other travelers as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
7. What is strange about the Woman in Green's home?
8. What does Peer ask permission to do to repent of his sins, and how does the button moulder respond?
9. Where does Peer find himself when he wakes up after his attack?
10. What does Peer do when he sees people dancing at the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security are two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)