|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks in the first scene of Act 3?
2. How many times does Peer hear the strange sound just before he sees the wedding?
3. In Act 2, Scene 6, what kind of King does Peer encounter?
4. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
5. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Peer give to Solveig?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aslak say when Peer sees him on his way to Ingrid's wedding, and how does Peer react to this?
2. How does Peer's mother react to the story her son tells at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Peer do when Helga tries to leave after he wakes up from his attack?
4. What does a young boy do at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does the button moulder say he has come to do to Peer?
6. What happens when Peer finds an onion in the woods?
7. What happens when Peer gets to the wedding feast?
8. What does Peer say before and after he finds the robes?
9. What does Solveig do when she sees Peer at the end of the play?
10. Who is Huhu, and what does he say to Peer when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. Where are these themes present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Peer endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)