|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy do when he sees Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Peer think he hears after he loses hope while traveling in the second scene?
3. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
4. What is Peer doing when he sees a young boy in Act 3?
5. Peer says what to try and get a girl to dance with him a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
3. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
4. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
5. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
6. What does Solveig do when she hears Peer bragging after he wakes up from his attack?
7. Who does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid, and what does he do with them?
8. What is the Troll King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
9. What happens to the yacht stolen by Peer's friends, and how does Peer react?
10. What happens while Peer is living in a tree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. Where are these themes present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The Troll King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)