Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peer's mother hopes something will happen to Peer during the wedding. What does she hope will happen?
2. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
3. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
4. What kind of language does Peer use at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Peer's mother say she will never let happen to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer wonder about as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
2. What does Aase find while she is packing her belongings in preparation to leave her home?
3. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
4. What does Aase say as she searches for Peer in Act 1?
5. What happens when Solveig gets to the wedding feast?
6. What happens when the groom finds out that Peer has run away with Ingrid?
7. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
8. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
9. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
10. What does Peer do when the cook starts to let go of the raft?
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Belonging and security are two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Fear is a common theme presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)