|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many farm girls does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid?
2. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
3. Peer says what to try and get a girl to dance with him a second time?
4. Where is Aase in her last scene of the play?
5. When Peer is traveling, what does he hear people saying during second scene of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Solveig gets to the wedding feast?
2. How does Peer describe the tree he is cutting down at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does Aase find while she is packing her belongings in preparation to leave her home?
4. What is the life philosophy that the Troll King preaches, and how does it differ from the human philosophy on life?
5. Who does Peer meet after his vision, and what does she convince him to do?
6. What does Solveig do when she sees Peer at the end of the play?
7. What is strange about the Woman in Green's home?
8. What do Peer's guests do after hearing about his plans to join the war between the Greeks and the Turks?
9. What does Peer decide to do after his mother's death?
10. Who joins Peer in the forest, and how does Peer respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)