|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer do when he realizes Aase is gone?
2. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
3. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase while they search for Peer?
4. What is Aase's last name?
5. How old is Peer when the play begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer do when he hears that Ingrid is to be married the next day?
2. What does Peer do when he sees Solveig's hut?
3. Where does Peer find himself when he wakes up after his attack?
4. What is the Troll King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
5. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Scene 7?
6. What does Peer do when Helga tries to leave after he wakes up from his attack?
7. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
8. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
9. Why does the young boy cut his finger off?
10. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Solveig and Aase are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to support your theories, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)