|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the farm girls trying to attract when Peer meets them?
2. How many farm girls does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid?
3. In Act 2, Scene 6, what kind of King does Peer encounter?
4. What was Peer hunting before the start of this play?
5. What does Peer say he could not do at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who joins Peer in the forest, and how does Peer respond to this?
2. What does Peer hear from other travelers as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
3. What are the main differences Peer sees between being revered in America and in Morocco?
4. Why does Aase lose her home?
5. What does Peer do to make up for all the evil he put into the world?
6. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
7. What does Peer do when the cook starts to let go of the raft?
8. Why does the passenger tell Peer that he doesn't have to worry about dying when the ship sinks?
9. What happens when the groom finds out that Peer has run away with Ingrid?
10. What does a young boy do at the beginning of Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)