|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
2. Who does Peer hear talking as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
3. Who is the second person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. What are the farm girls doing when Peer meets them after leaving Ingrid?
5. What does Peer say happened when he jumped on the wounded animal's back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peer's mother react to the story her son tells at the beginning of the play?
2. What do Peer's guests do after hearing about his plans to join the war between the Greeks and the Turks?
3. Who does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid, and what does he do with them?
4. What is the life philosophy that the Troll King preaches, and how does it differ from the human philosophy on life?
5. What do the men at the doors ask Peer to do, and how does he respond?
6. What does Peer do when Helga tries to leave after he wakes up from his attack?
7. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
8. What does Peer do when the cook starts to let go of the raft?
9. What happens when Peer refuses to allow his eye to be cut in order to look more like a troll?
10. What happens when Peer meets the stranger on the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
The Troll King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,426 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)