|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, when the King runs away, what surrounds Peer?
2. Who speaks in the first scene of Act 3?
3. What is the name of Solveig's sister?
4. What does Peer say he lost while he was hunting?
5. What message does Peer send to Solveig with his gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peer describe the tree he is cutting down at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What happens when Peer refuses to allow his eye to be cut in order to look more like a troll?
3. What does Peer do to make up for all the evil he put into the world?
4. What is strange about the Woman in Green's home?
5. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
6. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
7. What does Peer ask permission to do to repent of his sins, and how does the button moulder respond?
8. What are the main differences Peer sees between being revered in America and in Morocco?
9. What does Solveig do when she hears Peer bragging after he wakes up from his attack?
10. What is the Lean Man's job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. Where are these themes present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)