|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
2. What is the King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
3. What does The Woman in Green do when Peer mocks the dancing?
4. What was Peer hunting before the start of this play?
5. Why does Aase say she should not be looking for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who joins Peer in the forest, and how does Peer respond to this?
2. What does the button moulder say he has come to do to Peer?
3. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
4. What does Aase find while she is packing her belongings in preparation to leave her home?
5. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
6. What is strange about the Woman in Green's home?
7. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
8. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
9. How does Peer describe the tree he is cutting down at the beginning of Act 3?
10. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. Where are these themes present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)