|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aase's home taken away from her?
2. Where is the bride during the wedding?
3. What does Peer want to be when he grows up?
4. Who helps Peer's mother after Peer runs off?
5. What is Peer doing when he sees a young boy in Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Solveig gets to the wedding feast?
2. What does Solveig do when she sees Peer at the end of the play?
3. What does Peer do with Ingrid that could merit his hanging?
4. How does Peer describe the tree he is cutting down at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What is the life philosophy that the Troll King preaches, and how does it differ from the human philosophy on life?
6. Who is Huhu, and what does he say to Peer when they first meet?
7. What happens to the yacht stolen by Peer's friends, and how does Peer react?
8. What is strange about the Woman in Green's home?
9. What happens while Peer is living in a tree?
10. What is the middle aged woman doing at the end of Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)