|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
2. What does Ingrid do when Peer leaves her?
3. How does Peer get to the wedding in the second scene?
4. What does Peer see in his vision?
5. What message does Peer send to Solveig with his gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer do to make up for all the evil he put into the world?
2. How does Peer's mother react to the story her son tells at the beginning of the play?
3. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
4. Who does Peer meet after his vision, and what does she convince him to do?
5. What is the middle aged woman doing at the end of Act 4?
6. What does Solveig do when she hears Peer bragging after he wakes up from his attack?
7. What happens when Peer refuses to allow his eye to be cut in order to look more like a troll?
8. What does Peer hear from other travelers as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
9. Why does the young boy cut his finger off?
10. What does Peer say before and after he finds the robes?
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)