|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peer doing when he sees a young boy in Act 3?
2. Who is Peer with at the beginning of Act 3?
3. How does Peer get to the wedding in the second scene?
4. What does Peer see in his vision?
5. In Act 2, Scene 7, who does Peer ask to deliver his gift to Solveig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aase lose her home?
2. What are the main differences Peer sees between being revered in America and in Morocco?
3. What happens when Solveig gets to the wedding feast?
4. Where does Peer find himself when he wakes up after his attack?
5. Before her death, Aase tries to talk to Peer about Ingrid. What does he do?
6. What does Peer do when Helga tries to leave after he wakes up from his attack?
7. What is the Troll King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
8. What is the middle aged woman doing at the end of Act 4?
9. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
10. What do Peer's guests do after hearing about his plans to join the war between the Greeks and the Turks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Solveig and Aase are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to support your theories, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters
Essay Topic 2
Peer endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)