|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to have had Peer's child?
2. Who is the first person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. Where does Ingrid plan to go after Peer kidnaps her?
4. What makes Aase cry as she is looking for Peer after the kidnapping?
5. What happens to the wedding festivities when Peer arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aslak say when Peer sees him on his way to Ingrid's wedding, and how does Peer react to this?
2. What does Peer ask permission to do to repent of his sins, and how does the button moulder respond?
3. What does Peer say about sailors?
4. What does Peer do with Ingrid that could merit his hanging?
5. What is the middle aged woman doing at the end of Act 4?
6. Before her death, Aase tries to talk to Peer about Ingrid. What does he do?
7. What does Peer do when he sees people dancing at the wedding?
8. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
9. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
10. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Ibsen have chosen these particular places for this plot?
This section contains 1,299 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)