|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peer's mother hopes something will happen to Peer during the wedding. What does she hope will happen?
2. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
3. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
4. What kind of language does Peer use at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Peer's mother say she will never let happen to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer wonder about as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
2. What does Aase find while she is packing her belongings in preparation to leave her home?
3. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
4. What does Aase say as she searches for Peer in Act 1?
5. What happens when Solveig gets to the wedding feast?
6. What happens when the groom finds out that Peer has run away with Ingrid?
7. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
8. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
9. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
10. What does Peer do when the cook starts to let go of the raft?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)