|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer want to make with a tree at the beginning of Act 3?
2. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig do after speaking with Peer?
3. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
4. What message does Peer send to Solveig with his gift?
5. What kind of animal joins the attack on Peer when the King leaves in Act 2, Scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
2. What does Solveig do when she sees Peer at the end of the play?
3. Why does Aase lose her home?
4. What is the Troll King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
5. What does Peer do with Ingrid that could merit his hanging?
6. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Scene 7?
7. What does Peer do when Helga tries to leave after he wakes up from his attack?
8. Why does the passenger tell Peer that he doesn't have to worry about dying when the ship sinks?
9. Where is Peer, and who is he with at the beginning of Act 3?
10. What does Peer do when he sees people dancing at the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
The Troll King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)