|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
2. What does the King want to do to Peer to change his human nature?
3. What is the name of Solveig's sister?
4. What does Peer's mother think of her son's hunting story?
5. What are the farm girls doing when Peer meets them after leaving Ingrid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the passenger tell Peer that he doesn't have to worry about dying when the ship sinks?
2. What does Peer wonder about as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
3. What is the Lean Man's job?
4. What does Peer decide to do after his mother's death?
5. Where is Peer, and who is he with at the beginning of Act 3?
6. What does a young boy do at the beginning of Act 3?
7. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
8. What happens when Peer gets to the wedding feast?
9. Who does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid, and what does he do with them?
10. What does Peer do with Ingrid that could merit his hanging?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Fear is a common theme presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)