|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men at the doors of the wedding ask Peer to do?
2. What is the philosophy of the King's life?
3. Who asks for Peer's help during the wedding?
4. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
5. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig do after speaking with Peer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Peer after the Troll King leaves?
2. What is the Troll King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
3. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
4. Why does the young boy cut his finger off?
5. What does Peer say about sailors?
6. Where is Peer, and who is he with at the beginning of Act 3?
7. Who does Peer meet after his vision, and what does she convince him to do?
8. What does Aase say as she searches for Peer in Act 1?
9. What happens when the groom finds out that Peer has run away with Ingrid?
10. What are the main differences Peer sees between being revered in America and in Morocco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Troll King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Peer endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)