|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to have had Peer's child?
2. In Act 2, Scene 7, who does Peer ask to deliver his gift to Solveig?
3. What are the farm girls doing when Peer meets them after leaving Ingrid?
4. Peer's mother hopes something will happen to Peer during the wedding. What does she hope will happen?
5. What is Aase's friend helping her do when she first appears in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
2. What does the button moulder say he has come to do to Peer?
3. What does Aase find while she is packing her belongings in preparation to leave her home?
4. What happens when Peer finds an onion in the woods?
5. What does a young boy do at the beginning of Act 3?
6. What is the Lean Man's job?
7. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
8. Why does the young boy cut his finger off?
9. Who does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid, and what does he do with them?
10. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. Where are these themes present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)