|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer's mother think of her son's hunting story?
2. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
3. What does Peer say he lost while he was hunting?
4. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
5. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Peer meets the stranger on the ship?
2. Before her death, Aase tries to talk to Peer about Ingrid. What does he do?
3. What does Aase say as she searches for Peer in Act 1?
4. What is the Lean Man's job?
5. What does Peer wonder about as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
6. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
7. What happens when Peer finds an onion in the woods?
8. What does Solveig do when she sees Peer at the end of the play?
9. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
10. What does Peer do to make up for all the evil he put into the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)