|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Solveig say Peer has been all these years?
(a) Searching for himself.
(b) In her heart.
(c) Out to sea.
(d) Doing as he must.
2. What does the stranger want done with his dead body?
(a) Buried on land.
(b) Donated to science.
3. What does Solveig do while she waits for Peer?
(a) Molds buttons.
(b) Weaves fabric.
(c) Mends dresses.
(d) Works her spinning wheel.
4. Why does Peer run away from Solveig's hut again?
(a) There is another man there.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) He is not worthy of her.
(d) He fears she will be angry.
5. Peer grateful for what after he joins the funeral procession?
(a) He did not die at sea.
(b) He did not know the man.
(c) It is not his funeral.
(d) He has time to get a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the eulogy for the dead man?
2. Where does Peer spend his middle aged years?
3. What is Peer clinging to after the ship has sunk?
4. How does Peer describe his life after he is abandoned by Anitra in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Where does Peer plan to go after the ship sinks?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)