|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peer think he hears after he loses hope while traveling in the second scene?
2. What is Peer doing when he sees a young boy in Act 3?
(a) Writing in his journal.
(b) Giving a sermon.
(c) Dancing around a fire.
(d) Stripping branches off a tree.
3. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
(a) Welcome him.
(b) Crown him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Beat him.
4. In Act 2, Scene 7, who does Peer ask to deliver his gift to Solveig?
(b) Solveig's father.
(c) Solveig's sister.
(d) Solveig's mother.
5. Where is Peer going during the second scene of the play?
(a) To a special meeting place.
(b) To the church.
(c) To his house.
(d) To Ingrid's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to have had Peer's child?
2. In Act 3, Scene 4, where does Peer say he is going?
3. What frightens the King and the creatures fighting Peer?
4. What kind of language does Peer use at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Why does Peer say he no longer wants to be with Ingrid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Peer, and who is he with at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
3. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Aase say as she searches for Peer in Act 1?
5. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Scene 7?
6. What does Peer do with Ingrid that could merit his hanging?
7. What does Peer do when he sees people dancing at the wedding?
8. How does Peer describe the tree he is cutting down at the beginning of Act 3?
9. What do Peer's guests do after hearing about his plans to join the war between the Greeks and the Turks?
10. What is the life philosophy that the Troll King preaches, and how does it differ from the human philosophy on life?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)