|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Tell him where Ingrid is.
(b) Dance with him.
(c) Hide him.
(d) Loan him some nice clothes.
2. What does the boy do when he sees Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Cuts off his finger.
(b) Stabs his own leg.
(c) Shaves his head.
(d) Severs his toe.
3. What does Ingrid do when Peer leaves her?
(a) Begs him to go with her.
(b) Follows him.
(c) Runs from him as fast as she can.
(d) Offers to pay him to help her.
4. Who helps Peer's mother after Peer runs off?
(a) A young dog.
(b) A flock of birds.
(c) Two old women.
(d) A traveling salesman.
5. Why does Aase say she should not be looking for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
(a) He makes her life miserable.
(b) He broke the law.
(c) She could get hurt.
(d) She will be a social outcast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer wonder about as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
2. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Peer give to Solveig?
3. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
4. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
5. What is the name of Aase's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the middle aged woman doing at the end of Act 4?
2. What does Peer do when he hears that Ingrid is to be married the next day?
3. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
4. What do the men at the doors ask Peer to do, and how does he respond?
5. Who joins Peer in the forest, and how does Peer respond to this?
6. What does Peer do to make up for all the evil he put into the world?
7. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
8. How does Peer's mother react to the story her son tells at the beginning of the play?
9. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
10. What does Peer wonder about as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)