|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Peer give to Solveig?
(a) A poem.
(b) A silver button.
(c) A locket.
(d) A lock of hair.
2. What do people refuse to do with Peer when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Look him in the eye.
(b) Dance with him.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Tell him where Ingrid is.
3. What does Peer say he feels for all women?
4. What happens to Peer when he leaps during his vision?
(a) He hits his head.
(b) He cuts his foot.
(c) He falls into a pit.
(d) He breaks his leg.
5. What word does Aase use to describe her efforts to find Peer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. In Act 2, Scene 7, the person Peer asks to deliver the gift and message to Solveig tries to do what?
3. Where does Peer want to go when he loses hope while traveling during the second scene of the play?
4. What happens to the girl Peer had been spending time with when he is away hunting?
5. What does Peer want to be when he grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aase lose her home?
2. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
3. What does Peer do when he sees people dancing at the wedding?
4. What does Aase say as she searches for Peer in Act 1?
5. What does Peer wonder about as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
6. What does Peer do when he sees Solveig's hut?
7. What is the life philosophy that the Troll King preaches, and how does it differ from the human philosophy on life?
8. Before her death, Aase tries to talk to Peer about Ingrid. What does he do?
9. What does Peer do when the cook starts to let go of the raft?
10. What happens to the yacht stolen by Peer's friends, and how does Peer react?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)