|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peer first arrives at the wedding, what is happening?
(a) The feast.
(b) The vows.
2. What does Peer's mother say she will never let happen to him?
(a) Get married.
(b) Run away with the bride.
(c) Get killed.
(d) Be shamed.
3. What happens to Peer when he leaps during his vision?
(a) He cuts his foot.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He hits his head.
(d) He falls into a pit.
4. Who helps Peer's mother after Peer runs off?
(a) A flock of birds.
(b) Two old women.
(c) A young dog.
(d) A traveling salesman.
5. What is the philosophy of the King's life?
(a) The True Self.
(b) The Wanting Soul.
(c) The Sufficient Self.
(d) The Satisfied Soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
2. What does the King tell Peer he must renounce?
3. Where is the bride during the wedding?
4. Who does Peer meet after his vision?
5. What does Peer see in his vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
3. How does Peer describe the tree he is cutting down at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Where is Peer, and who is he with at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Aase find while she is packing her belongings in preparation to leave her home?
6. What is the Troll King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
7. Who does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid, and what does he do with them?
8. How does Anitra abandon Peer?
9. Who does Peer meet after his vision, and what does she convince him to do?
10. Before her death, Aase tries to talk to Peer about Ingrid. What does he do?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)