|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
(a) A whale.
(b) A bear.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A deer.
2. Why does Peer think the boy does what he does at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) To feed a beast.
(b) To stage his own death.
(c) To repent of some sins.
(d) To avoid military service.
3. Where does Peer put his mother before running off?
(a) In her bed.
(b) On a boulder in the river.
(c) In a tree.
(d) On the roof.
4. What kind of animal joins the attack on Peer when the King leaves in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. What is the King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
(a) A potion and a magic mirror.
(b) His daughter and half the kingdom.
(c) His promise of safe passage.
(d) A sword and a shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who teases Peer during the second scene of the play?
2. What is the name of Solveig's sister?
3. Why does Peer say he no longer wants to be with Ingrid?
4. What was Peer hunting before the start of this play?
5. Who does Peer meet after his vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer do when he sees people dancing at the wedding?
2. Where is Peer, and who is he with at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does Solveig do when she hears Peer bragging after he wakes up from his attack?
4. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What are the main differences Peer sees between being revered in America and in Morocco?
6. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
7. What does Aase say as she searches for Peer in Act 1?
8. What happens when the groom finds out that Peer has run away with Ingrid?
9. What is strange about the Woman in Green's home?
10. What happens when Peer gets to the wedding feast?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)