|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peer first arrives at the wedding, what is happening?
(a) The vows.
(d) The feast.
2. Where is Aase in her last scene of the play?
(a) On her deathbed.
(b) In a church.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In a dream.
3. What word does Aase use to describe her efforts to find Peer?
4. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Hide him.
(b) Dance with him.
(c) Tell him where Ingrid is.
(d) Loan him some nice clothes.
5. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
(a) Clean his house.
(b) Pick him some flowers.
(c) Make him dinner.
(d) Get him a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Peer's mother after Peer runs off?
2. What is Aase's friend helping her do when she first appears in Act 2?
3. What is the bridal steed?
4. Why does Peer think the boy does what he does at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Peer says what to try and get a girl to dance with him a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Peer meet after his vision, and what does she convince him to do?
2. Before her death, Aase tries to talk to Peer about Ingrid. What does he do?
3. What happens while Peer is living in a tree?
4. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
5. What is the middle aged woman doing at the end of Act 4?
6. What does Peer hear from other travelers as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
7. What happens when Peer refuses to allow his eye to be cut in order to look more like a troll?
8. What does Aslak say when Peer sees him on his way to Ingrid's wedding, and how does Peer react to this?
9. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
10. What does Peer do to make up for all the evil he put into the world?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)