|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A button molder.
(c) A chef.
(d) A king.
2. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Defeating a Troll King.
(b) Escaping a prison.
(c) Killing the Boyg.
(d) Being seduced by a princess.
3. Why does Aase say she should not be looking for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
(a) He broke the law.
(b) She could get hurt.
(c) He makes her life miserable.
(d) She will be a social outcast.
4. Who speaks in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) The narrator and Peer.
(b) Peer and the preacher.
(c) Peer and the boy.
5. What makes Aase cry as she is looking for Peer after the kidnapping?
(a) The reminder that her reputation is ruined.
(b) The fact that she is hungry, tired and cold.
(c) The thought that Peer could be dead.
(d) The thought that she will never find him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peer doing at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
3. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
4. Who is the first person Peer sees after visiting his mother in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. What does Peer think he hears after he loses hope while traveling in the second scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the life philosophy that the Troll King preaches, and how does it differ from the human philosophy on life?
2. What does Peer do when he hears that Ingrid is to be married the next day?
3. What does Solveig do when she sees Peer at the end of the play?
4. What does Peer say before and after he finds the robes?
5. Why does Aase lose her home?
6. What do Peer's guests do after hearing about his plans to join the war between the Greeks and the Turks?
7. What is the Troll King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
8. What is the Lean Man's job?
9. Who joins Peer in the forest, and how does Peer respond to this?
10. Why does the passenger tell Peer that he doesn't have to worry about dying when the ship sinks?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)