Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peer's mother hopes something will happen to Peer during the wedding. What does she hope will happen?
(a) He gets sent home.
(b) He has a good time.
(c) He gets beat.
(d) He runs away with the girl.
2. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
(a) Make him dinner.
(b) Clean his house.
(c) Pick him some flowers.
(d) Get him a drink.
3. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
(b) A mad house.
(c) A mine shaft.
(d) An early grave.
4. What kind of language does Peer use at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Dreamlike and simple.
(b) Poetic and dramatic.
(d) Harsh and angry.
5. What does Peer's mother say she will never let happen to him?
(a) Get married.
(b) Be shamed.
(c) Get killed.
(d) Run away with the bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer want to be when he grows up?
2. In Act 3, Scene 4, where does Peer say he is going?
3. What does Peer say he feels for all women?
4. What does Peer do after the boy leaves at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer wonder about as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
2. What does Aase find while she is packing her belongings in preparation to leave her home?
3. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
4. What does Aase say as she searches for Peer in Act 1?
5. What happens when Solveig gets to the wedding feast?
6. What happens when the groom finds out that Peer has run away with Ingrid?
7. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
8. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
9. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
10. What does Peer do when the cook starts to let go of the raft?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)