|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, who does Peer ask to deliver his gift to Solveig?
(a) Solveig's sister.
(c) Solveig's mother.
(d) Solveig's father.
2. Why is Aase's home taken away from her?
(a) As payment for Peer's misconduct at the wedding.
(b) She was accused of harboring criminals.
(c) She burned down her neighbor's house.
(d) She was behind in her payments.
3. Peer says what to try and get a girl to dance with him a second time?
(a) He has always loved her.
(b) Her boyfriend will be jealous.
(c) He wants to show her some new moves.
(d) He will turn into a troll if she does not.
4. Where does Peer put his mother before running off?
(a) On the roof.
(b) On a boulder in the river.
(c) In her bed.
(d) In a tree.
5. What word does Aase use to describe her efforts to find Peer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Peer's mother has seen him with in town?
2. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Why does Peer think the boy does what he does at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Who claims to have had Peer's child?
5. What is the name of Aase's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Peer meet after his vision, and what does she convince him to do?
2. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does Solveig do when she sees Peer at the end of the play?
4. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
5. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
6. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
7. Who joins Peer in the forest, and how does Peer respond to this?
8. How does Peer's mother react to the story her son tells at the beginning of the play?
9. What does Peer do when the cook starts to let go of the raft?
10. Why does the passenger tell Peer that he doesn't have to worry about dying when the ship sinks?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)