|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Peer when the play begins?
2. How many people look for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
3. When Peer first arrives at the wedding, what is happening?
(a) The feast.
(c) The vows.
4. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Welcome him.
(d) Crown him.
5. Who speaks in the first scene of Act 3?
(b) The narrator and Peer.
(c) Peer and the boy.
(d) Peer and the preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens the King and the creatures fighting Peer?
2. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase while they search for Peer?
3. What does the King tell Peer he must renounce?
4. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
5. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
2. Where is Peer, and who is he with at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does Peer do with Ingrid that could merit his hanging?
4. What does Peer do when he sees Solveig's hut?
5. What happens when Peer meets the stranger on the ship?
6. What does Peer decide to do after his mother's death?
7. Where does Peer find himself when he wakes up after his attack?
8. What happens to the yacht stolen by Peer's friends, and how does Peer react?
9. What is the middle aged woman doing at the end of Act 4?
10. Before her death, Aase tries to talk to Peer about Ingrid. What does he do?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)