|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aase in her last scene of the play?
(a) In a church.
(b) On her deathbed.
(c) In a dream.
(d) In the forest.
2. What was Peer hunting before the start of this play?
3. What does Peer wonder about as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) What he will say to Inga.
(b) How he will hide.
(c) What Ingrid will say.
(d) How he will be received.
4. Where does Peer put his mother before running off?
(a) On the roof.
(b) In her bed.
(c) In a tree.
(d) On a boulder in the river.
5. Where is Peer going during the second scene of the play?
(a) To Ingrid's wedding.
(b) To a special meeting place.
(c) To the church.
(d) To his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peer wake up after being attacked in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. What word does Aase use to describe her efforts to find Peer?
3. In Act 3, Scene 4, where does Peer say he is going?
4. What does Peer see in his vision?
5. In Act 3, Scene 3, what does Peer make with the tree he chops down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Huhu, and what does he say to Peer when they first meet?
2. What is the Lean Man's job?
3. Where does Peer find himself when he wakes up after his attack?
4. What is the middle aged woman doing at the end of Act 4?
5. What is the hunting story that Peer tells his mother at the beginning of the play?
6. What does Peer do with Ingrid that could merit his hanging?
7. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
8. What does Aase find while she is packing her belongings in preparation to leave her home?
9. What is the life philosophy that the Troll King preaches, and how does it differ from the human philosophy on life?
10. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)