|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Welcome him.
(c) Crown him.
(d) Kill him.
2. What is Aase's last name?
3. What is the punishment for the crime Peer committed after kidnapping Ingrid?
(a) Heavy fines.
4. How old is Peer when the play begins?
5. Who is the second person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(b) Solveig's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ingrid plan to go after Peer kidnaps her?
2. Who does Peer hear talking as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
3. What does Peer say happened when he jumped on the wounded animal's back?
4. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
5. Who speaks in the first scene of Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer hear from other travelers as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
2. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
3. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
4. What do Peer's guests do after hearing about his plans to join the war between the Greeks and the Turks?
5. What does Solveig do when she sees Peer at the end of the play?
6. What does Peer say about sailors?
7. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
8. What does Peer say before and after he finds the robes?
9. What does a young boy do at the beginning of Act 3?
10. What is the middle aged woman doing at the end of Act 4?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)