|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Solveig's sister?
2. Where is Aase in her last scene of the play?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In a dream.
(c) On her deathbed.
(d) In a church.
3. What does Peer say he feels for all women?
4. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
(a) A mine shaft.
(b) An early grave.
(d) A mad house.
5. What frightens the King and the creatures fighting Peer?
(a) Church bells.
(b) Clanging steel.
(d) Horse hoofs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Peer hear the strange sound just before he sees the wedding?
2. Who helps Peer's mother after Peer runs off?
3. What does Peer say happened when he jumped on the wounded animal's back?
4. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
5. What does Peer see in his vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Peer meets the stranger on the ship?
2. What does Peer do when he sees Solveig's hut?
3. What does Peer decide to do after his mother's death?
4. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
5. What does Peer's mother think makes Peer so arrogant?
6. What do the men at the doors ask Peer to do, and how does he respond?
7. What happens when Solveig gets to the wedding feast?
8. What do Peer's guests do after hearing about his plans to join the war between the Greeks and the Turks?
9. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
10. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)