|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
(a) Grow a tail.
(b) Marry his daughter.
(c) Forget his family.
(d) Eat Elfish food.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, when the King runs away, what surrounds Peer?
3. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
(a) A whale.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A deer.
(d) A bear.
4. When Peer is traveling, what does he hear people saying during second scene of the play?
(a) Word that Ingrid is already married.
(b) News that Inga is looking for Peer.
(c) Rumors about his mother.
(d) Bad things about him and his family.
5. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A ladle.
(c) A spatula.
(d) A shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 6, what kind of King does Peer encounter?
2. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
3. Who does Peer hear talking as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
4. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
5. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Peer after the Troll King leaves?
2. Who does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid, and what does he do with them?
3. What does Aslak say when Peer sees him on his way to Ingrid's wedding, and how does Peer react to this?
4. What happens when Peer meets the stranger on the ship?
5. What does Peer say about sailors?
6. How does Peer's mother react to the story her son tells at the beginning of the play?
7. What does Aase find while she is packing her belongings in preparation to leave her home?
8. What does Peer do with Ingrid that could merit his hanging?
9. What happens when Peer refuses to allow his eye to be cut in order to look more like a troll?
10. What does Peer ask permission to do to repent of his sins, and how does the button moulder respond?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)