|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Peer going during the second scene of the play?
(a) To a special meeting place.
(b) To Ingrid's wedding.
(c) To the church.
(d) To his house.
2. What message does Peer send to Solveig with his gift?
(a) "Please forgive me."
(b) "Don't forget me."
(c) "I know my heart now."
(d) "Come back to me."
3. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A spatula.
(c) A ladle.
(d) A hammer.
4. What is the name of the person who teases Peer during the second scene of the play?
5. Where does Peer want to go when he loses hope while traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) To a church.
(b) To the woods.
(c) To his house.
(d) To the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peer doing when he sees a young boy in Act 3?
2. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
3. What does the boy do when he sees Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
4. During the wedding, Peer is asked to help with what task?
5. When Peer first arrives at the wedding, what is happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aase lose her home?
2. What does Peer ask permission to do to repent of his sins, and how does the button moulder respond?
3. What does Peer hear from other travelers as he heads to Ingrid's wedding?
4. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
5. Why does the passenger tell Peer that he doesn't have to worry about dying when the ship sinks?
6. How does Anitra abandon Peer?
7. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
8. How does Peer describe the tree he is cutting down at the beginning of Act 3?
9. What does the Woman in Green tell Peer she will do to him when she finds him in the woods?
10. Who does Peer meet after his vision, and what does she convince him to do?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)