|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) His inner goodness.
(c) The church bells.
(d) The rain.
2. How long does Peer stay with Ingrid after kidnapping her?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) One night.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What is the bridal steed?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A goose.
(c) A great horse.
(d) A pig.
4. What does Peer risk to see Aase one last time?
(c) The loss of his job.
(d) Running into Solveig's father.
5. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
(a) Kill them.
(c) See through walls.
(d) Read their minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the farm girls doing when Peer meets them after leaving Ingrid?
2. What does the King want to do to Peer to change his human nature?
3. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
4. Who joins Peer in his life in the forest?
5. In Act 2, Scene 7, the person Peer asks to deliver the gift and message to Solveig tries to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the life philosophy that the Troll King preaches, and how does it differ from the human philosophy on life?
2. What does Peer ask permission to do to repent of his sins, and how does the button moulder respond?
3. Where does Peer find himself when he wakes up after his attack?
4. What do Peer's guests do after hearing about his plans to join the war between the Greeks and the Turks?
5. What happens to Peer after the Troll King leaves?
6. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
7. What does Peer say about sailors?
8. What is the Troll King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
9. What are the main differences Peer sees between being revered in America and in Morocco?
10. How does Peer describe the tree he is cutting down at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)