|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, most people see what when they view the woman's house?
(a) A tree.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A pile of rocks.
(d) A great castle.
2. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig do after speaking with Peer?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Runs off.
3. What does Peer's mother say she will never let happen to him?
(a) Run away with the bride.
(b) Get married.
(c) Be shamed.
(d) Get killed.
4. What is the name of the man Peer's mother was married to when she was young?
5. How many times does Peer hear the strange sound just before he sees the wedding?
(a) Three times.
(d) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
2. Where is Peer going during the second scene of the play?
3. What is the King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
4. In Act 2, Scene 6, what kind of King does Peer encounter?
5. What happens to the girl Peer had been spending time with when he is away hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peer say about sailors?
2. Why does Peer think the young boy did what he did at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who does Peer meet after his vision, and what does she convince him to do?
4. What does Peer do when the cook starts to let go of the raft?
5. What does Aase say as she searches for Peer in Act 1?
6. What does Peer decide to do after the funeral?
7. What does Peer do to make up for all the evil he put into the world?
8. What does Peer do with Ingrid that could merit his hanging?
9. What happens when Solveig gets to the wedding feast?
10. Where does Peer find himself when he wakes up after his attack?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)