|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks for Peer's help during the wedding?
(a) The bride's father.
(b) The groom.
(c) The bride.
(d) The groom's mother.
2. What could Peer be arrested for after kidnapping Ingrid?
(a) Kidnapping her.
(b) Taking her money.
(c) Ruining her wedding.
(d) Being intimate with her.
3. What happens to the wedding festivities when Peer arrives?
(a) They come to a halt.
(b) They get very awkward.
(c) They are moved to another place.
(d) They continue.
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, where does Peer say he is going?
(a) To prison.
(b) To his home.
(c) To sea.
(d) To the mountains.
5. What message does Peer send to Solveig with his gift?
(a) "Come back to me."
(b) "Don't forget me."
(c) "I know my heart now."
(d) "Please forgive me."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, who does Peer ask to deliver his gift to Solveig?
2. How old is Peer when the play begins?
3. How many people look for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
4. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig do after speaking with Peer?
5. What is Aase's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Peer meets the stranger on the ship?
2. Who does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid, and what does he do with them?
3. What happens the morning after Peer kidnaps Ingrid from her wedding?
4. What does Peer do when Helga tries to leave after he wakes up from his attack?
5. What does Peer do when he sees Solveig's hut?
6. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase as they search for Peer, and how does Aase respond to this kindness?
7. What happens when Peer finds an onion in the woods?
8. What does Peer do when he sees the Sphinx?
9. What happens to the yacht stolen by Peer's friends, and how does Peer react?
10. How does Peer's mother react to the story her son tells at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)