|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anitra refuse to be Peer's lover?
(a) She does not love him.
(b) He has another wife.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) She has no soul.
2. What injury does the person with Peer have after the ship has sunk?
(a) A sprained neck.
(b) An injured hand.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A lost toe.
3. What is Peer clinging to after the ship has sunk?
(a) A raft.
(b) A rock.
(c) A life boat.
(d) A board.
4. Peer's guests steal what from him after he tells them his philosophy for success?
(a) His wine.
(b) His yacht.
(c) His book.
(d) His safe.
5. What instrument does Peer play to woo Anitra?
(a) A drum.
(b) A lute.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A harp.
6. What does Peer fight with while he is in a tree?
(c) A wild cat.
7. What does Peer call his friends when he realizes they stole from him?
8. What does Peer vow to do after the funeral?
(a) Live according to his true self.
(b) Care less for material things.
(c) Give more to charity.
(d) Make amends with Solveig.
9. Who is the funeral for?
(a) The young boy who cut his finger off.
(b) Solveig's father.
(d) Ingrid's groom.
10. Who does Peer apologize to in the forest?
11. In what does Peer rejoice after the Moroccan thieves run off?
(a) Escaping the monkey tree.
(b) His clear intellect.
(c) His money and riches.
(d) The glory of the morning.
12. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In a prison.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) On a ship.
13. Why does Peer think he is protected from what destroyed his yacht?
(a) He has done too much good.
(b) His friends were being punished.
(c) He is wearing his lucky shoes.
(d) He is a God-fearing man.
14. What does the button moulder say must be used to discover the True Self?
(b) Spiritual guidance.
15. Peer become accepted as what after finding the robes?
(a) A prophet.
(b) An emperor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the auction for?
2. What does the person by the Sphinx call Peer?
3. What does Peer call the philosophy that led to his success?
4. What does Solveig do while she waits for Peer?
5. What does Peer do when he first sees Solveig at the end of the book?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)