|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of clothes does Peer wear after Anitra abandons him?
2. What does Peer sell in China?
(a) Herbs and spices.
(c) Pagan images.
3. Who is with Peer after the ship has sunk?
(a) The Cook.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The Cabin boy.
(d) The Stranger.
4. What instrument does Peer play to woo Anitra?
(a) A harp.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A lute.
(d) A drum.
5. Where does Peer plan to go after the ship sinks?
(a) His home.
6. Who does the button moulder say has sent him?
(a) The Lord.
(b) The Master.
(c) The One.
(d) The King.
7. What does Peer ask the button moulder for?
(c) More time.
8. What injury does the person with Peer have after the ship has sunk?
(a) A sprained neck.
(b) An injured hand.
(c) A lost toe.
(d) A broken arm.
9. Why does Peer think he is protected from what destroyed his yacht?
(a) He has done too much good.
(b) He is a God-fearing man.
(c) His friends were being punished.
(d) He is wearing his lucky shoes.
10. What does Peer say he does not want his money supporting at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Ale houses.
(b) Other men's families.
(c) Lives of liars.
11. What does Peer do when he first sees Solveig at the end of the book?
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Falls on his knees.
(d) Cries and wails.
12. Who goes searching for the Emperor's horse and shoes?
(a) The Empress.
(b) The Moroccan army.
(d) The Emperor's servants.
13. What does Solveig do while she waits for Peer?
(a) Molds buttons.
(b) Weaves fabric.
(c) Works her spinning wheel.
(d) Mends dresses.
14. Where does Peer search for something to eat after the auction?
(a) The forest.
(b) The market.
(c) The church.
(d) The river.
15. What does Peer say he has the right to do when the ship sinks?
(a) To love.
(b) To live.
(c) To try.
(d) To die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer sell in America?
2. What does Peer vow to do after the funeral?
3. What does Peer call his friends when he realizes they stole from him?
4. What does Peer fight with while he is in a tree?
5. What does Peer hear when he is with the button molder for the third time?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)