|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peer think he is protected from what destroyed his yacht?
(a) He has done too much good.
(b) His friends were being punished.
(c) He is a God-fearing man.
(d) He is wearing his lucky shoes.
2. How does Peer say people act when they are on ships?
(a) Withdrawn and callow.
(b) Braver than they are.
(c) Less useful than they are.
(d) Less than themselves.
3. Who is the first person Peer asks to be a witness for him?
(a) The Troll King.
(c) The Woman in Green.
(d) The Passenger.
4. Where does Solveig say Peer has been all these years?
(a) In her heart.
(b) Out to sea.
(c) Searching for himself.
(d) Doing as he must.
5. What does Peer fight with while he is in a tree?
(c) A wild cat.
6. What does Peer ask to be reminded to do at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Take his medication.
(b) Visit his mother's grave.
(c) Eat his dinner.
(d) Pay the crew.
7. What are the people around Peer preparing for at the beginning of Act 5?
(b) A storm.
(c) An attack.
(d) The winter.
8. Of what does the Sphinx remind Peer?
(a) The Boyg.
(c) The Troll King.
9. What does Peer sell in America?
(a) Pagan images.
(b) Herbs and spices.
10. What happens just as Peer is crying out for justice?
(a) The yacht sinks.
(b) The yacht explodes.
(c) The yacht is attacked by sharks.
(d) A bomb hits the yacht.
11. Who is the Lean Man?
(a) A priest.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) The Devil.
(d) An angel.
12. What injury does the person with Peer have after the ship has sunk?
(a) An injured hand.
(b) A lost toe.
(c) A sprained neck.
(d) A broken arm.
13. Where does Peer take Anitra on their ride together?
(a) To his mother's home.
(b) To a cave.
(c) Across the ocean.
(d) Across the desert.
14. How does Peer describe his life after he is abandoned by Anitra in Act 4, Scene 1?
15. What does Peer find to eat after the auction?
(a) A fish.
(b) An onion.
(c) Some berries.
(d) Moldy bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peer search for something to eat after the auction?
2. What does the stranger want done with his dead body?
3. What does Peer say is his ultimate goal for success?
4. Where is Peer when he meets the button moulder?
5. To whom does Peer cry out to for justice when he realizes his friends have stolen from him?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)