|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peer call his friends when he realizes they stole from him?
2. What does Peer say is his ultimate goal for success?
(a) To have enough money to buy and free all slaves.
(b) To be the king of his country.
(c) To become emperor of the world.
(d) To find an island where he can live alone.
3. What does Peer plan to do with the land he is on when he finds the robes?
(a) Grow a farm there.
(b) Develop it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Live there away from civilizations.
4. What does Peer hear when he is with the button molder for the third time?
(a) Solveig singing.
(b) Church bells.
(c) A cock crowing.
5. What does Peer find to eat after the auction?
(a) An onion.
(b) Some berries.
(c) Moldy bread.
(d) A fish.
6. How does Peer say people act when they are on ships?
(a) Less than themselves.
(b) Braver than they are.
(c) Withdrawn and callow.
(d) Less useful than they are.
7. Where does Peer search for something to eat after the auction?
(a) The forest.
(b) The church.
(c) The river.
(d) The market.
8. What does Peer call the philosophy that led to his success?
(a) The Wealth and Health Philosophy.
(b) The Gyntian philosophy.
(c) The True Self Philosophy.
(d) The Peerian Philosophy.
9. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a prison.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In a hospital.
10. Who does Peer apologize to in the forest?
11. Peer grateful for what after he joins the funeral procession?
(a) He did not know the man.
(b) It is not his funeral.
(c) He did not die at sea.
(d) He has time to get a family.
12. Of what does the Sphinx remind Peer?
(a) The Troll King.
(d) The Boyg.
13. In Act 5, Scene 1, Peer tells the person with him to do what before he dies?
(a) His will.
(b) A confession.
(c) A blessing.
(d) The Lord's prayer.
14. What happens to Peer as he runs away from Solveig's hut again?
(a) He falls into a grave.
(b) He has hallucinations.
(c) He gets lost and confused.
(d) He hits his head and falls unconscious.
15. Peer's guests steal what from him after he tells them his philosophy for success?
(a) His safe.
(b) His wine.
(c) His yacht.
(d) His book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the eulogy for the dead man?
2. What does the person by the Sphinx call Peer?
3. What injury does the person with Peer have after the ship has sunk?
4. What does the stranger want done with his dead body?
5. In what does Peer rejoice after the Moroccan thieves run off?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)