|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peer call the philosophy that led to his success?
(a) The Peerian Philosophy.
(b) The True Self Philosophy.
(c) The Wealth and Health Philosophy.
(d) The Gyntian philosophy.
2. Who does Peer apologize to in the forest?
3. Where does Peer take Anitra on their ride together?
(a) Across the ocean.
(b) To a cave.
(c) To his mother's home.
(d) Across the desert.
4. What does Peer call his friends when he realizes they stole from him?
5. What does Peer do when he first sees Solveig at the end of the book?
(a) Cries and wails.
(b) Falls on his knees.
(c) Kisses her.
6. Where does Peer spend his middle aged years?
7. Where does the person by the Sphinx take Peer?
(a) To a prison.
(b) To a great ship.
(c) To a palace.
(d) To an insane asylum.
8. What does Peer fight with while he is in a tree?
(d) A wild cat.
9. What does the person by the Sphinx call Peer?
(a) The Learned One.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The Chosen One.
(d) The Awaited One.
10. What does Peer say he does not want his money supporting at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Other men's families.
(b) Ale houses.
(c) Lives of liars.
11. Why does Peer think he is protected from what destroyed his yacht?
(a) He is wearing his lucky shoes.
(b) He has done too much good.
(c) His friends were being punished.
(d) He is a God-fearing man.
12. Peer's guests steal what from him after he tells them his philosophy for success?
(a) His safe.
(b) His yacht.
(c) His wine.
(d) His book.
13. What does one of the men Peer meets buy at a dead woman's auction?
(a) Peer's journal.
(b) Peer's hat.
(c) Peer's ladle.
(d) Peer's cloak.
14. What does Peer hear when he is with the button molder for the third time?
(a) Church bells.
(c) Solveig singing.
(d) A cock crowing.
15. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) In a prison.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In the forest.
(d) On a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people around Peer preparing for at the beginning of Act 5?
2. Why does Peer run away from Solveig's hut again?
3. To whom does Peer cry out to for justice when he realizes his friends have stolen from him?
4. Who is with Peer after the ship has sunk?
5. What does Peer sell in America?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)