|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the auction for?
(d) The Woman in Green.
2. How does the Pen Man die?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He cuts his wrists.
(d) He hangs himself.
3. What does the button moulder say must be used to discover the True Self?
(c) Spiritual guidance.
4. What are the people around Peer preparing for at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) A storm.
(b) An attack.
(d) The winter.
5. Who is the first person Peer asks to be a witness for him?
(b) The Troll King.
(c) The Woman in Green.
(d) The Passenger.
6. Why does the dead man have to re-build his farm?
(a) It blew over in a storm.
(b) It crumbled due to age.
(c) It was burnt down.
(d) It was destroyed in a flood.
7. What does Peer fight with while he is in a tree?
(d) A wild cat.
8. Why does Peer run away from Solveig's hut again?
(a) He is not worthy of her.
(b) There is another man there.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) He fears she will be angry.
9. Why does Peer think he is protected from what destroyed his yacht?
(a) His friends were being punished.
(b) He is a God-fearing man.
(c) He is wearing his lucky shoes.
(d) He has done too much good.
10. Of what does the Sphinx remind Peer?
(b) The Boyg.
(c) The Troll King.
11. What does Peer ask to be reminded to do at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Visit his mother's grave.
(b) Eat his dinner.
(c) Take his medication.
(d) Pay the crew.
12. What does Anitra strike Peer with?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) His bag of jewels.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A whip.
13. Why does Anitra refuse to be Peer's lover?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) She has no soul.
(c) He has another wife.
(d) She does not love him.
14. Where has Peer been featured for his Troll-like behavior?
(a) Movie clips.
15. Where does the person by the Sphinx take Peer?
(a) To a prison.
(b) To a great ship.
(c) To a palace.
(d) To an insane asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Peer when he meets the button moulder?
2. Where does Solveig say Peer has been all these years?
3. What does Peer do when he first sees Solveig at the end of the book?
4. How does Peer describe his life after he is abandoned by Anitra in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Peer's guests steal what from him after he tells them his philosophy for success?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)