|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peer think he is protected from what destroyed his yacht?
(a) He is a God-fearing man.
(b) He has done too much good.
(c) He is wearing his lucky shoes.
(d) His friends were being punished.
2. What does Peer vow to do after the funeral?
(a) Live according to his true self.
(b) Make amends with Solveig.
(c) Care less for material things.
(d) Give more to charity.
3. Who goes searching for the Emperor's horse and shoes?
(b) The Moroccan army.
(c) The Emperor's servants.
(d) The Empress.
4. What happens to Peer as he runs away from Solveig's hut again?
(a) He has hallucinations.
(b) He falls into a grave.
(c) He hits his head and falls unconscious.
(d) He gets lost and confused.
5. Where does Peer plan to go after the ship sinks?
(b) His home.
6. Who gives the eulogy for the dead man?
(b) The pastor.
(c) His wife.
7. Who does Peer think the Passenger is?
(a) His conscience.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Troll King.
(d) A ghost.
8. Peer become accepted as what after finding the robes?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A priest.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An emperor.
9. Who is the funeral for?
(a) Ingrid's groom.
(b) Solveig's father.
(d) The young boy who cut his finger off.
10. What does Peer ask the button moulder for?
(b) More time.
11. What does Peer sell in China?
(a) Herbs and spices.
(c) Pagan images.
12. What does Anitra think is happening while she is on her ride with Peer?
(a) She is being kidnapped.
(b) She will find a new life.
(c) She will be found by her father.
(d) She is getting married.
13. Where has Peer been featured for his Troll-like behavior?
(d) Movie clips.
14. Where does Solveig say Peer has been all these years?
(a) Searching for himself.
(b) Out to sea.
(c) In her heart.
(d) Doing as he must.
15. What does one of the men Peer meets buy at a dead woman's auction?
(a) Peer's hat.
(b) Peer's ladle.
(c) Peer's journal.
(d) Peer's cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peer search for something to eat after the auction?
2. Of what does the Sphinx remind Peer?
3. Why does Peer run away from Solveig's hut again?
4. What does Peer do when he first sees Solveig at the end of the book?
5. Who is the auction for?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)