|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peer's guests steal what from him after he tells them his philosophy for success?
(a) His safe.
(b) His book.
(c) His yacht.
(d) His wine.
2. Where does Peer spend his middle aged years?
3. Why does the dead man have to re-build his farm?
(a) It was destroyed in a flood.
(b) It was burnt down.
(c) It blew over in a storm.
(d) It crumbled due to age.
4. What does Peer call the philosophy that led to his success?
(a) The Wealth and Health Philosophy.
(b) The Peerian Philosophy.
(c) The Gyntian philosophy.
(d) The True Self Philosophy.
5. What does Peer hear when he is with the button molder for the third time?
(b) A cock crowing.
(c) Solveig singing.
(d) Church bells.
6. Who is the Lean Man?
(a) A priest.
(b) An angel.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) The Devil.
7. What does Peer sell in China?
(a) Pagan images.
(c) Herbs and spices.
8. Peer become accepted as what after finding the robes?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A priest.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An emperor.
9. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) In a prison.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In a hospital.
10. What does Peer do when he first sees Solveig at the end of the book?
(b) Falls on his knees.
(c) Kisses her.
(d) Cries and wails.
11. Who does Peer think the Passenger is?
(a) A ghost.
(b) His conscience.
(c) The Troll King.
(d) The Devil.
12. What kind of clothes does Peer wear after Anitra abandons him?
13. What are the people around Peer preparing for at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) An attack.
(b) A storm.
(d) The winter.
14. In Act 5, Scene 1, Peer tells the person with him to do what before he dies?
(a) A confession.
(b) The Lord's prayer.
(c) A blessing.
(d) His will.
15. What does Peer find to eat after the auction?
(a) A fish.
(b) Some berries.
(c) An onion.
(d) Moldy bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peer apologize to in the forest?
2. What does the button moulder say must be used to discover the True Self?
3. Where has Peer been featured for his Troll-like behavior?
4. Where does Peer plan to go after the ship sinks?
5. Who does the button moulder say has sent him?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)