|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the button moulder say must be used to discover the True Self?
(d) Spiritual guidance.
2. What does Peer do when he first sees Solveig at the end of the book?
(b) Falls on his knees.
(c) Cries and wails.
(d) Kisses her.
3. How does Peer describe his life after he is abandoned by Anitra in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Who does Peer think the Passenger is?
(a) A ghost.
(b) The Devil.
(c) His conscience.
(d) The Troll King.
5. Of what does the Sphinx remind Peer?
(b) The Troll King.
(d) The Boyg.
6. What does Peer vow to do after the funeral?
(a) Give more to charity.
(b) Live according to his true self.
(c) Make amends with Solveig.
(d) Care less for material things.
7. What does Peer say is his ultimate goal for success?
(a) To have enough money to buy and free all slaves.
(b) To find an island where he can live alone.
(c) To be the king of his country.
(d) To become emperor of the world.
8. Why does Peer think he is protected from what destroyed his yacht?
(a) He has done too much good.
(b) His friends were being punished.
(c) He is wearing his lucky shoes.
(d) He is a God-fearing man.
9. Where does Peer spend his middle aged years?
10. Who is the Lean Man?
(a) A priest.
(b) The Devil.
(c) An angel.
(d) A homeless man.
11. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) In a prison.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In a hospital.
12. What does Peer sell in America?
(a) Herbs and spices.
(b) Pagan images.
13. What does Peer say he does not want his money supporting at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Other men's families.
(b) Ale houses.
(d) Lives of liars.
14. What does the person by the Sphinx call Peer?
(a) The Chosen One.
(b) The Awaited One.
(c) The Learned One.
(d) The Emperor.
15. What does Peer ask the button moulder for?
(b) More time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes searching for the Emperor's horse and shoes?
2. Where has Peer been featured for his Troll-like behavior?
3. In what does Peer rejoice after the Moroccan thieves run off?
4. What does Peer plan to do with the land he is on when he finds the robes?
5. What kind of clothes does Peer wear after Anitra abandons him?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)