|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peer say he has the right to do when the ship sinks?
(a) To live.
(b) To die.
(c) To try.
(d) To love.
2. What does Anitra think is happening while she is on her ride with Peer?
(a) She will be found by her father.
(b) She is being kidnapped.
(c) She will find a new life.
(d) She is getting married.
3. Who is the Lean Man?
(a) The Devil.
(b) A priest.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) An angel.
4. Why does Peer think he is protected from what destroyed his yacht?
(a) He has done too much good.
(b) He is a God-fearing man.
(c) He is wearing his lucky shoes.
(d) His friends were being punished.
5. Where does Peer go after Anitra leaves him?
6. Where has Peer been featured for his Troll-like behavior?
(b) Movie clips.
7. How does Peer say people act when they are on ships?
(a) Braver than they are.
(b) Withdrawn and callow.
(c) Less useful than they are.
(d) Less than themselves.
8. Peer tell the Lean Man he wants to keep what?
(a) His identity.
(b) His fortune.
(c) His memories.
(d) His legacy.
9. What does Peer say he does not want his money supporting at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Ale houses.
(c) Other men's families.
(d) Lives of liars.
10. What does the person by the Sphinx call Peer?
(a) The Awaited One.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The Learned One.
(d) The Chosen One.
11. What does Peer sell in America?
(a) Pagan images.
(b) Herbs and spices.
12. What does Peer say is his ultimate goal for success?
(a) To be the king of his country.
(b) To have enough money to buy and free all slaves.
(c) To find an island where he can live alone.
(d) To become emperor of the world.
13. Who does the button moulder say has sent him?
(a) The One.
(b) The Master.
(c) The King.
(d) The Lord.
14. What does Peer ask to be reminded to do at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Pay the crew.
(b) Eat his dinner.
(c) Visit his mother's grave.
(d) Take his medication.
15. What is Peer clinging to after the ship has sunk?
(a) A rock.
(b) A board.
(c) A life boat.
(d) A raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer do when he first sees Solveig at the end of the book?
2. What injury does the person with Peer have after the ship has sunk?
3. Who does Peer think the Passenger is?
4. Of what does the Sphinx remind Peer?
5. Where does Solveig say Peer has been all these years?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)