|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peer call the philosophy that led to his success?
(a) The True Self Philosophy.
(b) The Wealth and Health Philosophy.
(c) The Peerian Philosophy.
(d) The Gyntian philosophy.
2. Who is the auction for?
(d) The Woman in Green.
3. Where does Peer plan to go after the ship sinks?
(b) His home.
4. What does Anitra ask Peer to give her when he offers to educate her?
(a) A book.
(b) A house.
(c) An opal.
(d) Some jewels.
5. Who is the first person Peer asks to be a witness for him?
(a) The Troll King.
(c) The Woman in Green.
(d) The Passenger.
6. Peer grateful for what after he joins the funeral procession?
(a) It is not his funeral.
(b) He did not know the man.
(c) He has time to get a family.
(d) He did not die at sea.
7. What does the button moulder say must be used to discover the True Self?
(a) Spiritual guidance.
8. Who is with Peer after the ship has sunk?
(a) The Captain.
(b) The Cook.
(c) The Stranger.
(d) The Cabin boy.
9. To whom does Peer cry out to for justice when he realizes his friends have stolen from him?
(a) His mother.
(b) The police.
(c) The king.
10. Who does Peer think the Passenger is?
(a) A ghost.
(b) His conscience.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Troll King.
11. Who is the funeral for?
(a) Solveig's father.
(c) The young boy who cut his finger off.
(d) Ingrid's groom.
12. Why does Peer think he is protected from what destroyed his yacht?
(a) He has done too much good.
(b) He is wearing his lucky shoes.
(c) He is a God-fearing man.
(d) His friends were being punished.
13. What does Peer ask to be reminded to do at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Pay the crew.
(b) Take his medication.
(c) Visit his mother's grave.
(d) Eat his dinner.
14. What does Peer do when he first sees Solveig at the end of the book?
(a) Falls on his knees.
(c) Cries and wails.
(d) Kisses her.
15. In Act 5, Scene 1, Peer tells the person with him to do what before he dies?
(a) His will.
(b) The Lord's prayer.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A confession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solveig do while she waits for Peer?
2. Who is the Lean Man?
3. Why does Peer run away from Solveig's hut again?
4. Peer's guests steal what from him after he tells them his philosophy for success?
5. How does Peer describe his life after he is abandoned by Anitra in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)