|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(b) Solveig's sister.
2. Where does Peer want to go when he loses hope while traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) To the river.
(b) To a church.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To his house.
3. What is the name of Solveig's sister?
4. What does Peer talk to Aase about when he visits her in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Her strength.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His home in the woods.
(d) His love for her.
5. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A button molder.
(c) A chef.
(d) A king.
6. Who asks for Peer's help during the wedding?
(a) The groom.
(b) The bride.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The groom's mother.
7. When Peer first arrives at the wedding, what is happening?
(b) The vows.
(c) The feast.
8. Where is Aase in her last scene of the play?
(a) In a dream.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In a church.
(d) On her deathbed.
9. What is the philosophy of the King's life?
(a) The Sufficient Self.
(b) The True Self.
(c) The Satisfied Soul.
(d) The Wanting Soul.
10. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
(a) Read their minds.
(c) Kill them.
(d) See through walls.
11. What does Ingrid do when Peer leaves her?
(a) Offers to pay him to help her.
(b) Runs from him as fast as she can.
(c) Follows him.
(d) Begs him to go with her.
12. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
(a) A ladle.
(b) A spatula.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A hammer.
13. What does Peer do after meeting the farm girls?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Follows them to their home.
(c) Promises to help them.
(d) Stops their dancing.
14. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
(a) Marry his daughter.
(b) Eat Elfish food.
(c) Grow a tail.
(d) Forget his family.
15. In Act 2, Scene 6, what kind of King does Peer encounter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
2. What does Peer do when he realizes Aase is gone?
3. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase while they search for Peer?
4. What are the farm girls trying to attract when Peer meets them?
5. When Peer is traveling, what does he hear people saying during second scene of the play?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)