|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal joins the attack on Peer when the King leaves in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. In Act 2, Scene 7, the person Peer asks to deliver the gift and message to Solveig tries to do what?
(a) Yell at him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Run away.
3. What happens to Peer when he leaps during his vision?
(a) He cuts his foot.
(b) He falls into a pit.
(c) He hits his head.
(d) He breaks his leg.
4. What does Peer think he hears after he loses hope while traveling in the second scene?
5. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
(a) A ladle.
(b) A spatula.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A hammer.
6. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
(a) Kill them.
(c) See through walls.
(d) Read their minds.
7. What word does Aase use to describe her efforts to find Peer?
8. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
(c) Solveig's father.
(d) The Woman in Green.
9. What was Peer hunting before the start of this play?
10. What is the name of the first girl to dance with Peer at the wedding?
11. What does Peer say he could not do at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Fake his own death.
(b) Cut off his own finger.
(c) Stab himself in the leg on purpose.
(d) Skip his military duty.
12. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, when the King runs away, what surrounds Peer?
13. Where does Peer wake up after being attacked in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a graveyard.
(c) By a river.
(d) Outside his mother's hut.
14. What is the King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
(a) A sword and a shield.
(b) His daughter and half the kingdom.
(c) A potion and a magic mirror.
(d) His promise of safe passage.
15. Why does Aase say she should not be looking for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
(a) He makes her life miserable.
(b) He broke the law.
(c) She will be a social outcast.
(d) She could get hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Peer going during the second scene of the play?
2. Where does Peer put his mother before running off?
3. What makes Aase cry as she is looking for Peer after the kidnapping?
4. What is Peer doing at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Who is the first person Peer sees after visiting his mother in Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)