|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Woman in Green do when Peer mocks the dancing?
2. In Act 3, Scene 4, where does Peer say he is going?
(a) To prison.
(b) To his home.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To sea.
3. What does Peer look at that causes him to lose hope as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) His sword.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His reflection.
4. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
(a) The Woman in Green.
(b) Solveig's father.
5. Why does Peer say he no longer wants to be with Ingrid?
(a) She has no money.
(b) She is not who he thought she was.
(c) He loves another woman.
(d) He fears the punishment for his crime.
6. What does Peer do after the boy leaves at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Continues working.
(b) Tells someone to help the boy.
(c) Says a prayer.
(d) Sings a song.
7. How many farm girls does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid?
8. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
9. In Act 2, Scene 5, most people see what when they view the woman's house?
(a) A pile of rocks.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A tree.
(d) A great castle.
10. What is the name of Aase's best friend?
11. What is the name of the person who teases Peer during the second scene of the play?
12. How long does Peer stay with Ingrid after kidnapping her?
(a) One night.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
13. What is the philosophy of the King's life?
(a) The Satisfied Soul.
(b) The True Self.
(c) The Sufficient Self.
(d) The Wanting Soul.
14. What does Peer do after meeting the farm girls?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Follows them to their home.
(c) Promises to help them.
(d) Stops their dancing.
15. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
(a) Marry his daughter.
(b) Eat Elfish food.
(c) Forget his family.
(d) Grow a tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peer's mother think of her son's hunting story?
2. What is the name of Solveig's sister?
3. Where is Peer going during the second scene of the play?
4. Who is the second person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. Who does Peer meet after his vision?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)