|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Peer hunting before the start of this play?
2. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Dance with him.
(b) Tell him where Ingrid is.
(c) Loan him some nice clothes.
(d) Hide him.
3. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
(a) A spatula.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A ladle.
4. Who asks for Peer's help during the wedding?
(a) The groom.
(b) The groom's mother.
(c) The bride.
(d) The bride's father.
5. What kind of language does Peer use at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Dreamlike and simple.
(b) Harsh and angry.
(c) Poetic and dramatic.
6. What happens to Peer when he leaps during his vision?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He falls into a pit.
(c) He hits his head.
(d) He cuts his foot.
7. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
(a) Eat Elfish food.
(b) Grow a tail.
(c) Forget his family.
(d) Marry his daughter.
8. How does Peer get to the wedding in the second scene?
(a) He walks.
(b) He rides a horse.
(c) He rides a bike.
(d) He hitches a ride on a wagon.
9. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
(b) See through walls.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Read their minds.
10. Who speaks in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) Peer and the boy.
(b) The narrator and Peer.
(c) Peer and the preacher.
11. What is Aase's last name?
12. Who is the Troll Princess?
(a) The farm girls.
(c) The Woman in Green.
13. Who is the first person Peer sees after visiting his mother in Act 3, Scene 4?
14. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
(b) The Woman in Green.
(d) Solveig's father.
15. What does Peer risk to see Aase one last time?
(a) Running into Solveig's father.
(c) The loss of his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
2. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
3. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
4. What does Peer look at that causes him to lose hope as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
5. Who is the first person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)