|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
(a) Crown him.
(b) Welcome him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Beat him.
2. What could Peer be arrested for after kidnapping Ingrid?
(a) Kidnapping her.
(b) Ruining her wedding.
(c) Being intimate with her.
(d) Taking her money.
3. Why is Aase's home taken away from her?
(a) She burned down her neighbor's house.
(b) She was behind in her payments.
(c) As payment for Peer's misconduct at the wedding.
(d) She was accused of harboring criminals.
4. What message does Peer send to Solveig with his gift?
(a) "I know my heart now."
(b) "Don't forget me."
(c) "Please forgive me."
(d) "Come back to me."
5. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
(a) A mine shaft.
(c) An early grave.
(d) A mad house.
6. What does Peer say he lost while he was hunting?
(a) His gun.
(b) His game.
(c) His hat.
(d) His boots.
7. Who is the second person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(b) Solveig's sister.
8. What is the punishment for the crime Peer committed after kidnapping Ingrid?
(c) Heavy fines.
9. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In his mother's house.
(d) In a church.
10. What does Peer do after meeting the farm girls?
(a) Stops their dancing.
(b) Promises to help them.
(c) Follows them to their home.
(d) Runs away.
11. Where is the bride during the wedding?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the restroom.
(c) In the church.
(d) In the storehouse.
12. How many people look for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
13. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A button molder.
(c) A king.
(d) A chef.
14. How old is Peer when the play begins?
15. How many times does Peer hear the strange sound just before he sees the wedding?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Peer with at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Peer talk to Aase about when he visits her in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What does Peer's mother think of her son's hunting story?
4. What is Peer doing at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does the King tell Peer he must renounce?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)