|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
(a) His inner goodness.
(b) Her prayers.
(c) The rain.
(d) The church bells.
2. What makes Aase cry as she is looking for Peer after the kidnapping?
(a) The reminder that her reputation is ruined.
(b) The thought that she will never find him.
(c) The fact that she is hungry, tired and cold.
(d) The thought that Peer could be dead.
3. What does Peer say happened when he jumped on the wounded animal's back?
(a) It sank into a mud pit.
(b) It ran off.
(c) It bucked him off.
(d) It fell down a cliff.
4. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Defeating a Troll King.
(b) Killing the Boyg.
(c) Escaping a prison.
(d) Being seduced by a princess.
5. Where does Peer wake up after being attacked in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) By a river.
(b) In a church.
(c) Outside his mother's hut.
(d) In a graveyard.
6. Where does Peer want to go when he loses hope while traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) To a church.
(b) To his house.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To the river.
7. What does Peer's mother think of her son's hunting story?
(a) It is very exciting.
(b) It is an exaggeration of the truth.
(c) It is a tale of true bravery.
(d) It is a lie.
8. Who does Peer hear talking as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
9. What does Peer look at that causes him to lose hope as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) His reflection.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His sword.
10. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
(a) The Woman in Green.
(b) Solveig's father.
11. What is Aase's last name?
12. What could Peer be arrested for after kidnapping Ingrid?
(a) Ruining her wedding.
(b) Being intimate with her.
(c) Taking her money.
(d) Kidnapping her.
13. How many times does Peer hear the strange sound just before he sees the wedding?
(b) Four times.
(d) Three times.
14. In Act 2, Scene 5, most people see what when they view the woman's house?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A pile of rocks.
(c) A great castle.
(d) A tree.
15. How does Peer get to the wedding in the second scene?
(a) He rides a bike.
(b) He rides a horse.
(c) He walks.
(d) He hitches a ride on a wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
2. What is the name of Solveig's sister?
3. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Peer give to Solveig?
4. What does the boy do when he sees Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Who asks for Peer's help during the wedding?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)