|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig do after speaking with Peer?
(b) Runs off.
(c) Slaps him.
2. During the wedding, Peer is asked to help with what task?
(a) Finding the bride.
(b) Cutting the cake.
(c) Cleaning the dance floor.
(d) Distracting the groom.
3. When Peer is traveling, what does he hear people saying during second scene of the play?
(a) News that Inga is looking for Peer.
(b) Word that Ingrid is already married.
(c) Rumors about his mother.
(d) Bad things about him and his family.
4. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
(a) Eat Elfish food.
(b) Marry his daughter.
(c) Forget his family.
(d) Grow a tail.
5. In Act 3, Scene 4, where does Peer say he is going?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To his home.
(c) To prison.
(d) To sea.
6. What is the name of the girl Peer's mother has seen him with in town?
7. Why does Peer think the boy does what he does at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) To repent of some sins.
(b) To feed a beast.
(c) To stage his own death.
(d) To avoid military service.
8. What is the King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
(a) A sword and a shield.
(b) His promise of safe passage.
(c) His daughter and half the kingdom.
(d) A potion and a magic mirror.
9. Where does Peer want to go when he loses hope while traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) To his house.
(b) To the woods.
(c) To a church.
(d) To the river.
10. What do the men at the doors of the wedding ask Peer to do?
(a) Leave the wedding.
(b) Be more subtle.
(c) Get them a drink.
(d) Tell a story.
11. What does Peer talk to Aase about when he visits her in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) His home in the woods.
(b) His love for her.
(c) Her strength.
(d) His childhood.
12. What happens to the girl Peer had been spending time with when he is away hunting?
(a) She dies.
(b) She gets very sick.
(c) She moves away.
(d) She gets engaged.
13. What does Ingrid do when Peer leaves her?
(a) Follows him.
(b) Begs him to go with her.
(c) Runs from him as fast as she can.
(d) Offers to pay him to help her.
14. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) His inner goodness.
(c) The rain.
(d) The church bells.
15. Why is Aase's home taken away from her?
(a) She burned down her neighbor's house.
(b) She was behind in her payments.
(c) As payment for Peer's misconduct at the wedding.
(d) She was accused of harboring criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Peer's mother was married to when she was young?
2. Where is Aase in her last scene of the play?
3. In Act 2, Scene 7, who does Peer ask to deliver his gift to Solveig?
4. What does the boy do when he sees Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Peer's mother hopes something will happen to Peer during the wedding. What does she hope will happen?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)