|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King want to do to Peer to change his human nature?
(a) Grow some horns.
(b) Give him a tail.
(c) Make him dance.
(d) Cut his eye.
2. What will happen if Peer ever leaves the forest?
(a) He will be executed.
(b) He will be forced to marry Ingrid.
(c) He will be thrown in prison.
(d) He will be fined.
3. In Act 2, Scene 7, the person Peer asks to deliver the gift and message to Solveig tries to do what?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Yell at him.
(c) Run away.
(d) Slap him.
4. What does Peer see in his vision?
5. What does Peer wonder about as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) What Ingrid will say.
(b) What he will say to Inga.
(c) How he will be received.
(d) How he will hide.
6. What frightens the King and the creatures fighting Peer?
(a) Church bells.
(b) Horse hoofs.
(d) Clanging steel.
7. What is Peer doing at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Saying a prayer.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Making a meal.
(d) Chopping down a tree.
8. Who asks for Peer's help during the wedding?
(a) The bride.
(b) The groom.
(c) The groom's mother.
(d) The bride's father.
9. Who does Peer meet after his vision?
(a) The Lady in Red.
(b) The Duchess in Violet.
(c) The Girl in Blue.
(d) The Woman in Green.
10. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase while they search for Peer?
(a) Tells childhood stories about Peer.
(b) Reminds Aase of how well Peer moves.
(c) Promises to live with Aase until Peer returns.
(d) Sings some songs.
11. In Act 2, Scene 6, what kind of King does Peer encounter?
12. What are the farm girls doing when Peer meets them after leaving Ingrid?
13. Who claims to have had Peer's child?
(a) The Woman in Green.
14. Peer says what to try and get a girl to dance with him a second time?
(a) He has always loved her.
(b) He wants to show her some new moves.
(c) He will turn into a troll if she does not.
(d) Her boyfriend will be jealous.
15. How long does Peer stay with Ingrid after kidnapping her?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) One night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
2. What is the punishment for the crime Peer committed after kidnapping Ingrid?
3. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
4. What does Ingrid do when Peer leaves her?
5. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)