|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the girl Peer had been spending time with when he is away hunting?
(a) She dies.
(b) She moves away.
(c) She gets very sick.
(d) She gets engaged.
2. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
(b) A mad house.
(c) An early grave.
(d) A mine shaft.
3. Where is Peer going during the second scene of the play?
(a) To a special meeting place.
(b) To his house.
(c) To the church.
(d) To Ingrid's wedding.
4. What does Peer say he lost while he was hunting?
(a) His game.
(b) His boots.
(c) His gun.
(d) His hat.
5. Why does Peer say he no longer wants to be with Ingrid?
(a) He loves another woman.
(b) She has no money.
(c) He fears the punishment for his crime.
(d) She is not who he thought she was.
6. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig do after speaking with Peer?
(b) Runs off.
(d) Slaps him.
7. What does Peer want to be when he grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An emperor.
(c) A bear.
(d) A wizard.
8. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
(a) The Woman in Green.
(c) Solveig's father.
9. What does Peer wonder about as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) How he will hide.
(b) What Ingrid will say.
(c) How he will be received.
(d) What he will say to Inga.
10. What kind of animal joins the attack on Peer when the King leaves in Act 2, Scene 7?
11. What is the name of the girl Peer's mother has seen him with in town?
12. Who is the first person Peer sees after visiting his mother in Act 3, Scene 4?
13. Where is Aase in her last scene of the play?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a dream.
(c) In the forest.
(d) On her deathbed.
14. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Peer give to Solveig?
(a) A locket.
(b) A poem.
(c) A silver button.
(d) A lock of hair.
15. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
(a) A spatula.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A ladle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peer doing when he sees a young boy in Act 3?
2. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
3. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
4. What makes Aase cry as she is looking for Peer after the kidnapping?
5. Why does Aase say she should not be looking for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)