|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Peer when the play begins?
2. When Peer first arrives at the wedding, what is happening?
(a) The vows.
(d) The feast.
3. Who speaks in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) The narrator and Peer.
(b) Peer and the boy.
(c) Peer and the preacher.
4. What does Peer see in his vision?
5. What does Peer's mother think of her son's hunting story?
(a) It is very exciting.
(b) It is a lie.
(c) It is a tale of true bravery.
(d) It is an exaggeration of the truth.
6. The woman Peer meets after his vision convinces Peer to do what?
(a) Meet her father.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Help her.
7. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig do after speaking with Peer?
(a) Runs off.
(d) Slaps him.
8. What does Peer say he feels for all women?
9. What are the farm girls trying to attract when Peer meets them?
10. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
(b) Kill them.
(c) Read their minds.
(d) See through walls.
11. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
(a) Solveig's father.
(c) The Woman in Green.
12. Peer's mother hopes something will happen to Peer during the wedding. What does she hope will happen?
(a) He gets beat.
(b) He has a good time.
(c) He runs away with the girl.
(d) He gets sent home.
13. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
(a) Clean his house.
(b) Make him dinner.
(c) Get him a drink.
(d) Pick him some flowers.
14. What does the King want to do to Peer to change his human nature?
(a) Grow some horns.
(b) Give him a tail.
(c) Make him dance.
(d) Cut his eye.
15. What frightens the King and the creatures fighting Peer?
(b) Church bells.
(c) Clanging steel.
(d) Horse hoofs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aase's home taken away from her?
2. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
3. In Act 3, Scene 4, where does Peer say he is going?
4. What does The Woman in Green do when Peer mocks the dancing?
5. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)