|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peer's mother hopes something will happen to Peer during the wedding. What does she hope will happen?
(a) He gets sent home.
(b) He has a good time.
(c) He gets beat.
(d) He runs away with the girl.
2. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
(a) Make him dinner.
(b) Clean his house.
(c) Pick him some flowers.
(d) Get him a drink.
3. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
(b) A mad house.
(c) A mine shaft.
(d) An early grave.
4. What kind of language does Peer use at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Dreamlike and simple.
(b) Poetic and dramatic.
(d) Harsh and angry.
5. What does Peer's mother say she will never let happen to him?
(a) Get married.
(b) Be shamed.
(c) Get killed.
(d) Run away with the bride.
6. What does Peer want to be when he grows up?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A bear.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An emperor.
7. In Act 3, Scene 4, where does Peer say he is going?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To sea.
(c) To his home.
(d) To prison.
8. What does Peer say he feels for all women?
9. What does Peer do after the boy leaves at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Says a prayer.
(b) Sings a song.
(c) Continues working.
(d) Tells someone to help the boy.
10. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
(a) A button molder.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A chef.
(d) A king.
11. What makes Aase cry as she is looking for Peer after the kidnapping?
(a) The fact that she is hungry, tired and cold.
(b) The thought that Peer could be dead.
(c) The thought that she will never find him.
(d) The reminder that her reputation is ruined.
12. What does Ingrid do when Peer leaves her?
(a) Begs him to go with her.
(b) Follows him.
(c) Runs from him as fast as she can.
(d) Offers to pay him to help her.
13. What does the boy do when he sees Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Stabs his own leg.
(b) Shaves his head.
(c) Severs his toe.
(d) Cuts off his finger.
14. What is Peer doing when he sees a young boy in Act 3?
(a) Giving a sermon.
(b) Stripping branches off a tree.
(c) Dancing around a fire.
(d) Writing in his journal.
15. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Hide him.
(b) Tell him where Ingrid is.
(c) Dance with him.
(d) Loan him some nice clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Peer send to Solveig with his gift?
2. Who is the first person Peer sees after visiting his mother in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. Where does Peer put his mother before running off?
4. Where does Peer wake up after being attacked in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. How many farm girls does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)