|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
(a) His inner goodness.
(b) Her prayers.
(c) The rain.
(d) The church bells.
2. What does Peer say happened when he jumped on the wounded animal's back?
(a) It fell down a cliff.
(b) It ran off.
(c) It bucked him off.
(d) It sank into a mud pit.
3. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
(b) A mine shaft.
(c) A mad house.
(d) An early grave.
4. What is the name of Aase's best friend?
5. What happens to Peer when he leaps during his vision?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He hits his head.
(c) He cuts his foot.
(d) He falls into a pit.
6. What does Peer say he lost while he was hunting?
(a) His boots.
(b) His game.
(c) His gun.
(d) His hat.
7. What does the King want to do to Peer to change his human nature?
(a) Grow some horns.
(b) Cut his eye.
(c) Give him a tail.
(d) Make him dance.
8. What does Peer do when he realizes Aase is gone?
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Walks away.
9. How many farm girls does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid?
10. What does Peer see in his vision?
11. Where is Peer going during the second scene of the play?
(a) To his house.
(b) To Ingrid's wedding.
(c) To a special meeting place.
(d) To the church.
12. How many times does Peer hear the strange sound just before he sees the wedding?
(a) Three times.
(c) Four times.
13. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
(a) A button molder.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A chef.
(d) A king.
14. What does Peer compare a tree to at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) An old man.
(b) The world.
(c) His strength.
(d) A ship.
15. What is the name of Solveig's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
2. What does Peer think he hears after he loses hope while traveling in the second scene?
3. Where does Peer wake up after being attacked in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. What is the philosophy of the King's life?
5. Who joins Peer in his life in the forest?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)