|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, who does Peer ask to deliver his gift to Solveig?
(b) Solveig's father.
(c) Solveig's sister.
(d) Solveig's mother.
2. What does the King want to do to Peer to change his human nature?
(a) Make him dance.
(b) Grow some horns.
(c) Give him a tail.
(d) Cut his eye.
3. Who is the first person Peer sees after visiting his mother in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. What do people refuse to do with Peer when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Dance with him.
(b) Look him in the eye.
(c) Tell him where Ingrid is.
(d) Talk to him.
5. What kind of animal joins the attack on Peer when the King leaves in Act 2, Scene 7?
6. What does Peer see in his vision?
7. What does Peer look at that causes him to lose hope as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His sword.
(d) His reflection.
8. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Being seduced by a princess.
(b) Escaping a prison.
(c) Killing the Boyg.
(d) Defeating a Troll King.
9. Peer's mother hopes something will happen to Peer during the wedding. What does she hope will happen?
(a) He runs away with the girl.
(b) He has a good time.
(c) He gets sent home.
(d) He gets beat.
10. What frightens the King and the creatures fighting Peer?
(a) Clanging steel.
(c) Horse hoofs.
(d) Church bells.
11. What is Aase's friend helping her do when she first appears in Act 2?
(a) Packing her house.
(b) Building a barn.
(c) Selling her belongings.
(d) Planting a garden.
12. What did a preacher once say about Peer that made him cocky?
(a) He has a sharp mind.
(b) He is a strong lad.
(c) His soul is pure.
(d) He has a golden heart.
13. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) The church bells.
(c) The rain.
(d) His inner goodness.
14. How old is Peer when the play begins?
15. What does the King tell Peer he must renounce?
(a) His family.
(b) The outside world.
(c) His valor.
(d) His strongest desires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Troll Princess?
2. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
3. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
4. Where is the bride during the wedding?
5. What kind of language does Peer use at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)