|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peer say he feels for all women?
2. What does the boy do when he sees Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Shaves his head.
(b) Cuts off his finger.
(c) Stabs his own leg.
(d) Severs his toe.
3. What does the King want to do to Peer to change his human nature?
(a) Make him dance.
(b) Give him a tail.
(c) Grow some horns.
(d) Cut his eye.
4. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
5. What does Peer look at that causes him to lose hope as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His sword.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His reflection.
6. What makes Aase cry as she is looking for Peer after the kidnapping?
(a) The fact that she is hungry, tired and cold.
(b) The reminder that her reputation is ruined.
(c) The thought that Peer could be dead.
(d) The thought that she will never find him.
7. What is the King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
(a) His daughter and half the kingdom.
(b) A sword and a shield.
(c) A potion and a magic mirror.
(d) His promise of safe passage.
8. What does Peer see in his vision?
9. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
(a) A spatula.
(b) A ladle.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A hammer.
10. What word does Aase use to describe her efforts to find Peer?
11. Who does Peer hear talking as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
12. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
(a) Read their minds.
(b) Kill them.
(c) See through walls.
13. What could Peer be arrested for after kidnapping Ingrid?
(a) Taking her money.
(b) Kidnapping her.
(c) Ruining her wedding.
(d) Being intimate with her.
14. What is the name of the person who teases Peer during the second scene of the play?
15. What is the name of the man Peer's mother was married to when she was young?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig do after speaking with Peer?
2. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
3. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
4. What message does Peer send to Solveig with his gift?
5. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)