|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peer first arrives at the wedding, what is happening?
(a) The feast.
(c) The vows.
2. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
(a) Get him a drink.
(b) Make him dinner.
(c) Pick him some flowers.
(d) Clean his house.
3. What does Peer say he lost while he was hunting?
(a) His boots.
(b) His hat.
(c) His gun.
(d) His game.
4. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase while they search for Peer?
(a) Sings some songs.
(b) Promises to live with Aase until Peer returns.
(c) Tells childhood stories about Peer.
(d) Reminds Aase of how well Peer moves.
5. Where does Peer wake up after being attacked in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) In a graveyard.
(b) In a church.
(c) Outside his mother's hut.
(d) By a river.
6. What kind of birds does Peer see in his vision?
7. Who asks for Peer's help during the wedding?
(a) The groom's mother.
(b) The groom.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The bride.
8. The woman Peer meets after his vision convinces Peer to do what?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Meet her father.
(c) Help her.
(d) Marry her.
9. Who is the first person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(d) Solveig's sister.
10. What does Peer's mother say she will never let happen to him?
(a) Run away with the bride.
(b) Be shamed.
(c) Get killed.
(d) Get married.
11. Peer says what to try and get a girl to dance with him a second time?
(a) He will turn into a troll if she does not.
(b) He wants to show her some new moves.
(c) Her boyfriend will be jealous.
(d) He has always loved her.
12. What is Aase's friend helping her do when she first appears in Act 2?
(a) Packing her house.
(b) Selling her belongings.
(c) Building a barn.
(d) Planting a garden.
13. What was Peer hunting before the start of this play?
14. Who is the second person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(d) Solveig's sister.
15. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
(a) Grow a tail.
(b) Eat Elfish food.
(c) Forget his family.
(d) Marry his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people refuse to do with Peer when he first arrives at the wedding?
2. What is Peer doing when he sees a young boy in Act 3?
3. Where is Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
5. What does Peer want to make with a tree at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)