|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
(a) Read their minds.
(c) See through walls.
(d) Kill them.
2. Who does Peer meet after his vision?
(a) The Girl in Blue.
(b) The Woman in Green.
(c) The Duchess in Violet.
(d) The Lady in Red.
3. What message does Peer send to Solveig with his gift?
(a) "Please forgive me."
(b) "I know my heart now."
(c) "Come back to me."
(d) "Don't forget me."
4. What does Ingrid do when Peer leaves her?
(a) Offers to pay him to help her.
(b) Runs from him as fast as she can.
(c) Follows him.
(d) Begs him to go with her.
5. What does Peer do when he realizes Aase is gone?
(a) Walks away.
(c) Kisses her.
6. What is the punishment for the crime Peer committed after kidnapping Ingrid?
(a) Heavy fines.
7. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Peer give to Solveig?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A poem.
(c) A silver button.
(d) A locket.
8. Who joins Peer in his life in the forest?
9. What does Peer see in his vision?
10. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A deer.
(c) A whale.
(d) A bear.
11. How old is Peer when the play begins?
12. What does Peer talk to Aase about when he visits her in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) His love for her.
(b) Her strength.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His home in the woods.
13. What does the King tell Peer he must renounce?
(a) His valor.
(b) His family.
(c) The outside world.
(d) His strongest desires.
14. Who is the first person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(b) Solveig's sister.
15. What does the King want to do to Peer to change his human nature?
(a) Cut his eye.
(b) Grow some horns.
(c) Give him a tail.
(d) Make him dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Peer ever leaves the forest?
2. Who does Peer hear talking as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
3. How does Peer get to the wedding in the second scene?
4. What is Peer doing at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)