|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
(a) The Woman in Green.
(c) Solveig's father.
2. Peer says what to try and get a girl to dance with him a second time?
(a) He will turn into a troll if she does not.
(b) He has always loved her.
(c) Her boyfriend will be jealous.
(d) He wants to show her some new moves.
3. What happens to Peer when he leaps during his vision?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He falls into a pit.
(c) He cuts his foot.
(d) He hits his head.
4. What does Peer compare a tree to at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) An old man.
(b) His strength.
(c) The world.
(d) A ship.
5. What word does Aase use to describe her efforts to find Peer?
6. What does Peer do after the boy leaves at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Continues working.
(b) Says a prayer.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Tells someone to help the boy.
7. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Peer give to Solveig?
(a) A poem.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A locket.
(d) A silver button.
8. In Act 3, Scene 3, what does Peer make with the tree he chops down?
(a) A boat.
(b) A chair.
(c) A house.
(d) A bridge.
9. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
(a) The church bells.
(b) His inner goodness.
(c) The rain.
(d) Her prayers.
10. What do the men at the doors of the wedding ask Peer to do?
(a) Get them a drink.
(b) Tell a story.
(c) Leave the wedding.
(d) Be more subtle.
11. What does Peer want to be when he grows up?
(a) A bear.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An emperor.
(d) A wizard.
12. Why does Peer say he no longer wants to be with Ingrid?
(a) He fears the punishment for his crime.
(b) He loves another woman.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She is not who he thought she was.
13. When Peer first arrives at the wedding, what is happening?
(b) The feast.
(c) The vows.
14. How many people look for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
15. Peer's mother hopes something will happen to Peer during the wedding. What does she hope will happen?
(a) He runs away with the girl.
(b) He gets beat.
(c) He gets sent home.
(d) He has a good time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Peer's mother after Peer runs off?
2. What does Peer look at that causes him to lose hope as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
3. What does Peer's mother say she will never let happen to him?
4. During the wedding, Peer is asked to help with what task?
5. What happens to the girl Peer had been spending time with when he is away hunting?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)