|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men at the doors of the wedding ask Peer to do?
(a) Be more subtle.
(b) Tell a story.
(c) Get them a drink.
(d) Leave the wedding.
2. What does Peer say he lost while he was hunting?
(a) His hat.
(b) His boots.
(c) His gun.
(d) His game.
3. What does Peer look at that causes him to lose hope as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) His sword.
(b) His reflection.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His wallet.
4. What happens to the girl Peer had been spending time with when he is away hunting?
(a) She moves away.
(b) She gets engaged.
(c) She dies.
(d) She gets very sick.
5. What is the name of the man Peer's mother was married to when she was young?
6. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A ladle.
(c) A spatula.
(d) A shoe.
7. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
(b) The Woman in Green.
(c) Solveig's father.
8. What do people refuse to do with Peer when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Dance with him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Look him in the eye.
(d) Tell him where Ingrid is.
9. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase while they search for Peer?
(a) Promises to live with Aase until Peer returns.
(b) Reminds Aase of how well Peer moves.
(c) Sings some songs.
(d) Tells childhood stories about Peer.
10. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Welcome him.
(d) Crown him.
11. Where is Aase in her last scene of the play?
(a) In a church.
(b) On her deathbed.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In a dream.
12. What kind of animal joins the attack on Peer when the King leaves in Act 2, Scene 7?
13. What does Peer's mother think of her son's hunting story?
(a) It is an exaggeration of the truth.
(b) It is a lie.
(c) It is a tale of true bravery.
(d) It is very exciting.
14. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Loan him some nice clothes.
(b) Tell him where Ingrid is.
(c) Dance with him.
(d) Hide him.
15. Why does Peer say he no longer wants to be with Ingrid?
(a) She is not who he thought she was.
(b) He loves another woman.
(c) She has no money.
(d) He fears the punishment for his crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Troll Princess?
2. What does The Woman in Green do when Peer mocks the dancing?
3. What is Peer doing at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does the boy do when he sees Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Peer want to be when he grows up?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)