|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first girl to dance with Peer at the wedding?
2. Who joins Peer in his life in the forest?
3. What is Peer doing at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Chopping down a tree.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Making a meal.
(d) Saying a prayer.
4. What does Peer brag about when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Defeating a Troll King.
(b) Being seduced by a princess.
(c) Killing the Boyg.
(d) Escaping a prison.
5. The woman Peer meets after his vision convinces Peer to do what?
(a) Help her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Meet her father.
6. What is the name of the man Peer's mother was married to when she was young?
7. What was Peer hunting before the start of this play?
8. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Loan him some nice clothes.
(b) Hide him.
(c) Dance with him.
(d) Tell him where Ingrid is.
9. Peer's mother hopes something will happen to Peer during the wedding. What does she hope will happen?
(a) He has a good time.
(b) He gets beat.
(c) He runs away with the girl.
(d) He gets sent home.
10. Why does Aase say she should not be looking for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
(a) He makes her life miserable.
(b) He broke the law.
(c) She will be a social outcast.
(d) She could get hurt.
11. Where is Aase in her last scene of the play?
(a) In a church.
(b) On her deathbed.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In a dream.
12. Who speaks in the first scene of Act 3?
(b) Peer and the boy.
(c) The narrator and Peer.
(d) Peer and the preacher.
13. Why does Peer think the boy does what he does at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) To feed a beast.
(b) To avoid military service.
(c) To stage his own death.
(d) To repent of some sins.
14. In Act 2, Scene 6, what kind of King does Peer encounter?
15. Who is Peer with at the beginning of Act 3?
(c) The Woman in Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peer's mother say he will end up?
2. When Peer first arrives at the wedding, what is happening?
3. What does Peer think he hears after he loses hope while traveling in the second scene?
4. What does Peer's mother say she will never let happen to him?
5. What do the men at the doors of the wedding ask Peer to do?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)