|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Peer be arrested for after kidnapping Ingrid?
(a) Kidnapping her.
(b) Taking her money.
(c) Ruining her wedding.
(d) Being intimate with her.
2. What does Peer's mother think of her son's hunting story?
(a) It is an exaggeration of the truth.
(b) It is a tale of true bravery.
(c) It is a lie.
(d) It is very exciting.
3. What does Peer do after meeting the farm girls?
(a) Promises to help them.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Stops their dancing.
(d) Follows them to their home.
4. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
(a) The Woman in Green.
(d) Solveig's father.
5. Who is the second person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Solveig's sister.
6. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
(a) Make him dinner.
(b) Get him a drink.
(c) Pick him some flowers.
(d) Clean his house.
7. What was Peer hunting before the start of this play?
8. Who is the first person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(b) Solveig's sister.
9. Why is Aase's home taken away from her?
(a) She was accused of harboring criminals.
(b) She burned down her neighbor's house.
(c) She was behind in her payments.
(d) As payment for Peer's misconduct at the wedding.
10. How many farm girls does Peer meet after leaving Ingrid?
11. What does Solveig do to comfort Aase while they search for Peer?
(a) Sings some songs.
(b) Reminds Aase of how well Peer moves.
(c) Tells childhood stories about Peer.
(d) Promises to live with Aase until Peer returns.
12. Who asks for Peer's help during the wedding?
(a) The groom.
(b) The groom's mother.
(c) The bride.
(d) The bride's father.
13. Why does Peer say he no longer wants to be with Ingrid?
(a) He loves another woman.
(b) He fears the punishment for his crime.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She is not who he thought she was.
14. What does Peer risk to see Aase one last time?
(b) Running into Solveig's father.
(d) The loss of his job.
15. When Peer is traveling, what does he hear people saying during second scene of the play?
(a) Bad things about him and his family.
(b) Rumors about his mother.
(c) News that Inga is looking for Peer.
(d) Word that Ingrid is already married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Peer when the play begins?
2. What does Peer wonder about as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
3. What does the boy do when he sees Peer at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What is the name of Solveig's sister?
5. The woman Peer meets after his vision convinces Peer to do what?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)