|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Peer be arrested for after kidnapping Ingrid?
(a) Taking her money.
(b) Kidnapping her.
(c) Ruining her wedding.
(d) Being intimate with her.
2. What is the name of Aase's best friend?
3. Where does Peer wake up after being attacked in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) In a graveyard.
(b) By a river.
(c) Outside his mother's hut.
(d) In a church.
4. What kind of language does Peer use at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Poetic and dramatic.
(b) Dreamlike and simple.
(d) Harsh and angry.
5. How old is Peer when the play begins?
6. What frightens the King and the creatures fighting Peer?
(a) Church bells.
(c) Clanging steel.
(d) Horse hoofs.
7. What happens to the wedding festivities when Peer arrives?
(a) They get very awkward.
(b) They come to a halt.
(c) They are moved to another place.
(d) They continue.
8. What is Peer doing at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Chopping down a tree.
(b) Making a meal.
(c) Building a fire.
(d) Saying a prayer.
9. In Act 3, Scene 3, what does Peer make with the tree he chops down?
(a) A house.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A chair.
(d) A boat.
10. What does Peer talk to Aase about when he visits her in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) His love for her.
(b) His childhood.
(c) Her strength.
(d) His home in the woods.
11. Peer says what to try and get a girl to dance with him a second time?
(a) He wants to show her some new moves.
(b) He has always loved her.
(c) Her boyfriend will be jealous.
(d) He will turn into a troll if she does not.
12. What is the King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
(a) His promise of safe passage.
(b) A potion and a magic mirror.
(c) His daughter and half the kingdom.
(d) A sword and a shield.
13. Who asks for Peer's help during the wedding?
(a) The bride's father.
(b) The groom's mother.
(c) The groom.
(d) The bride.
14. Who is the first person Peer sees after visiting his mother in Act 3, Scene 4?
15. In Act 3, Scene 4, where does Peer say he is going?
(a) To prison.
(b) To sea.
(c) To his home.
(d) To the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Aase use to describe her efforts to find Peer?
2. What are the farm girls trying to attract when Peer meets them?
3. What does Peer pretend to be when he has his vision?
4. What is the name of the first girl to dance with Peer at the wedding?
5. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)