|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the King willing to give Peer if he meets certain conditions?
(a) A sword and a shield.
(b) A potion and a magic mirror.
(c) His promise of safe passage.
(d) His daughter and half the kingdom.
2. What is the name of the thing that attacks Peer when the King leaves?
(a) The Boyt.
(b) The Boys.
(c) The Boyg.
(d) The Boyd.
3. What does Peer do when he realizes Aase is gone?
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Walks away.
4. What message does Peer send to Solveig with his gift?
(a) "Come back to me."
(b) "Please forgive me."
(c) "Don't forget me."
(d) "I know my heart now."
5. What does Peer's mother think of her son's hunting story?
(a) It is a lie.
(b) It is an exaggeration of the truth.
(c) It is a tale of true bravery.
(d) It is very exciting.
6. Who is Peer with at the beginning of Act 3?
(c) The Woman in Green.
7. What is the philosophy of the King's life?
(a) The Satisfied Soul.
(b) The Sufficient Self.
(c) The Wanting Soul.
(d) The True Self.
8. Who asks for Peer's help during the wedding?
(a) The groom.
(b) The bride.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The groom's mother.
9. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
(a) His inner goodness.
(b) The rain.
(c) The church bells.
(d) Her prayers.
10. What does Peer see in his vision?
11. What does Peer want to be when he grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A bear.
(c) A wizard.
(d) An emperor.
12. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Read their minds.
(c) See through walls.
13. What word does Aase use to describe her efforts to find Peer?
14. What does Peer compare a tree to at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The world.
(b) His strength.
(c) A ship.
(d) An old man.
15. What is the name of the man Peer's mother was married to when she was young?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for the crime Peer committed after kidnapping Ingrid?
2. What does Peer say happened when he jumped on the wounded animal's back?
3. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
4. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
5. Where is Aase in her last scene of the play?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)