|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, who does Peer ask to deliver his gift to Solveig?
(a) Solveig's father.
(b) Solveig's mother.
(d) Solveig's sister.
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, what does Peer make with the tree he chops down?
(a) A boat.
(b) A chair.
(c) A house.
(d) A bridge.
3. What is the punishment for the crime Peer committed after kidnapping Ingrid?
(b) Heavy fines.
4. What do the people of the kingdom want to do to Peer when he is introduced to the King?
(a) Welcome him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Crown him.
(d) Beat him.
5. Who is the second person Peer sees when he wakes up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(d) Solveig's sister.
6. What does Peer say he feels for all women?
7. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, when the King runs away, what surrounds Peer?
8. What do people refuse to do with Peer when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Look him in the eye.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Dance with him.
(d) Tell him where Ingrid is.
9. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
(a) The rain.
(b) Her prayers.
(c) The church bells.
(d) His inner goodness.
10. What does Peer see in his vision?
11. What does Peer wonder about as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) How he will hide.
(b) What he will say to Inga.
(c) How he will be received.
(d) What Ingrid will say.
12. Where does Peer put his mother before running off?
(a) On a boulder in the river.
(b) In her bed.
(c) On the roof.
(d) In a tree.
13. What does Peer refuse to do when the King speaks to him?
(a) Forget his family.
(b) Eat Elfish food.
(c) Marry his daughter.
(d) Grow a tail.
14. What kind of language does Peer use at the beginning of Act 3?
(b) Harsh and angry.
(c) Poetic and dramatic.
(d) Dreamlike and simple.
15. Why does Aase say she should not be looking for Peer after he kidnaps Ingrid?
(a) She could get hurt.
(b) She will be a social outcast.
(c) He broke the law.
(d) He makes her life miserable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peer get to the wedding in the second scene?
2. Why does Peer say he no longer wants to be with Ingrid?
3. What does Peer compare a tree to at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
5. What happens to the wedding festivities when Peer arrives?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)