|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peer wake up after being attacked in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) In a church.
(b) Outside his mother's hut.
(c) In a graveyard.
(d) By a river.
2. Where does Peer put his mother before running off?
(a) In a tree.
(b) On the roof.
(c) On a boulder in the river.
(d) In her bed.
3. Why is Aase's home taken away from her?
(a) She was accused of harboring criminals.
(b) As payment for Peer's misconduct at the wedding.
(c) She was behind in her payments.
(d) She burned down her neighbor's house.
4. How long does Peer stay with Ingrid after kidnapping her?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One night.
(d) Two days.
5. What does Peer wonder about as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
(a) What Ingrid will say.
(b) What he will say to Inga.
(c) How he will hide.
(d) How he will be received.
6. What does Peer ask some people to do when he first arrives at the wedding?
(a) Dance with him.
(b) Loan him some nice clothes.
(c) Hide him.
(d) Tell him where Ingrid is.
7. What does the King want to do to Peer to change his human nature?
(a) Grow some horns.
(b) Make him dance.
(c) Cut his eye.
(d) Give him a tail.
8. Who does Peer hear talking as he is traveling during the second scene of the play?
9. What is Peer's alleged child told to do for Peer?
(a) Pick him some flowers.
(b) Clean his house.
(c) Make him dinner.
(d) Get him a drink.
10. What did a preacher once say about Peer that made him cocky?
(a) He is a strong lad.
(b) He has a sharp mind.
(c) His soul is pure.
(d) He has a golden heart.
11. What does Peer do when he realizes Aase is gone?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Kisses her.
12. What old toy of Peer's does Aase's friend find?
(a) A spatula.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A ladle.
(d) A hammer.
13. During the wedding, Peer is asked to help with what task?
(a) Cleaning the dance floor.
(b) Distracting the groom.
(c) Cutting the cake.
(d) Finding the bride.
14. What could Peer be arrested for after kidnapping Ingrid?
(a) Taking her money.
(b) Kidnapping her.
(c) Ruining her wedding.
(d) Being intimate with her.
15. What did Peer pretend to be when he was a young child?
(a) A king.
(b) A chef.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A button molder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ingrid do when Peer leaves her?
2. Who tells Peer he is not pure enough for the woman he loves?
3. Peer tells the men at the doors of the wedding that he can do what?
4. What do people refuse to do with Peer when he first arrives at the wedding?
5. In Act 2, Scene 7, what does Solveig say gave Peer his freedom?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)