* Peer is telling his mother about his hunting experience and how he lost his gun. He says he wounded a deer and then jumped on it to slit its throat.
* The deer ran off with Peer on its back until it saw its reflection in some water. The reflection came to life and fought the deer. Peer ran off while the deer were fighting.
* Peer's mother is excited about the story until she remembers this happened to a man she was married to as a young woman. Peer is lying again.
* Peer's mother berates him for being so lazy and dishonest. She knows he is cocky because a preacher once said he had a sharp mind, but she thinks he will end up in a mad house.
* Peer says he is going to court Ingrid, but his mother tells him that Ingrid is to be...
This section contains 3,071 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)