|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does don Pedro offer to El Tilcuate in exchange for his services as a mercenary?
(a) A rancho in Puerta de Piedra.
(b) Media Luna.
(d) Fifty thousand pesos.
2. In what town is don Lucas, don Pedro's father, killed?
3. What month does Susana's mother die in?
4. What does don Pedro do to memorialize Susana's death?
(a) Orders all the bells to ring.
(b) Tells the town that everyone must wear black.
(c) Stops eating.
(d) Writes her a eulogy.
5. What is in the mine where Bartolomé sends Susana?
(a) A skeleton.
(c) A dead cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Damiana's excuse for not having made a novena in so long?
2. After learning what has happened to Miguel, what does don Pedro order to be done?
3. Why can't Bartolomé's body be brought back to be buried?
4. When is don Lucas killed?
5. Who is the first person in line at confession in Comala?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the reader first hears Susana's narrative, where does she think she is?
2. How does don Pedro avenge his father's death?
3. Explain Bartolomé's relationship with Susana.
4. What is the mission of the revolutionaries?
5. What does Father Rentería describe to Susana as she lay dying?
6. Why doesn't Abundio's wife get last rites?
7. Why does Susana reject Father Rentería in her last living moments?
8. What happens during Father Rentería's confession?
9. What does Justina tell Susana she is going to tell don Pedro when he comes?
10. What happens between don Pedro and Damiana when she is a girl?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)