|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is all that Susana wants of Florencio after his death?
(a) His soul.
(b) His money.
(c) His house.
(d) His body.
2. Where has Susana and her father been living?
(a) On the Media Luna ranch.
(b) With Eduviges.
(c) At the La Andromeda mines.
(d) In Contla.
3. Who owns the store that Abundio goes into?
(a) Don Pedro.
4. What does don Pedro do to memorialize Susana's death?
(a) Writes her a eulogy.
(b) Tells the town that everyone must wear black.
(c) Orders all the bells to ring.
(d) Stops eating.
5. What does Justina buy in the marketplace?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A crucifix.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
2. What is don Pedro going to do with his papers since his lawyer won't take them?
3. How does Abundio's wife die?
4. What does Dorotea say Susana does, "even when she is alive"?
5. What comes to Comala after Susana's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Susana's reaction to her mother's death?
2. How does don Pedro avenge his father's death?
3. What happens when the revolutionaries come to don Pedro's house?
4. What happens during Father Rentería's confession?
5. What frustrates don Pedro about Susana?
6. How does Fulgor compare Miguel to don Pedro?
7. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
8. When the reader first hears Susana's narrative, where does she think she is?
9. What is the mission of the revolutionaries?
10. Why does Susana think Father Rentería has come to see her?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)