|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells don Pedro that Susana is back in town?
(a) Fulgor Sedano.
(b) Father Rentería.
2. Where does Father Rentería go on his walk after Miguel's death?
(a) The Media Luna ranch.
(b) The home of his parents.
(d) Miguel's grave.
3. How many men does don Pedro offer to assist the revolution?
(b) Three hundred.
(d) One hundred.
4. What month does Susana's mother die in?
5. What does don Pedro and Susana do together when they are young?
(a) Catch insects.
(b) Draw pictures.
(c) Swim together in the river.
(d) Write poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
2. What is Justina doing as Susana talks to her?
3. What is Damiana's excuse for not having made a novena in so long?
4. What do the women in the town notice about Susana's window?
5. Why don't the women want Susana to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dorotea say she is no longer interested in the sky?
2. What happens between don Pedro and Damiana when she is a girl?
3. How does don Pedro deal with Susana's death?
4. Why do Angeles and Fausta think Susana doesn't need confess her sins?
5. Why doesn't Abundio's wife get last rites?
6. What frustrates don Pedro about Susana?
7. Describe the memory Susana has in the grave that Juan and Dorotea overhear.
8. What does Gerardo's wife tell him before he visits don Pedro?
9. When the reader first hears Susana's narrative, where does she think she is?
10. What deal does don Pedro make with Susana's father?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)