|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supposedly killed El Tilcuate?
(c) The Villistas.
(d) His own men.
2. What is don Pedro doing when Damiana sees him through her window?
(a) Killing a man.
(b) Sneaking into a young girl's room.
3. What does don Pedro offer to El Tilcuate in exchange for his services as a mercenary?
(a) Fifty thousand pesos.
(b) Media Luna.
(d) A rancho in Puerta de Piedra.
4. Who comes to comfort Susana after she learns of her father's death?
(a) Father Rentería.
(b) Don Pedro.
(c) Miguel's ghost.
5. What happens to Miguel's mother?
(a) She is killed by revolutionaries.
(b) She runs off with another man.
(c) She becomes a nun.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susana ask Justina if she is killed?
2. How does Fulgor try to deal with the accusations of murder against Miguel?
3. How does Abundio's wife die?
4. Why can't Bartolomé's body be brought back to be buried?
5. How many men is El Tilcuate fighting with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does don Pedro deal with Susana's death?
2. What happens when the revolutionaries come to don Pedro's house?
3. What is the mission of the revolutionaries?
4. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
5. Describe the night Susana learns of Florencio's death.
6. Why does don Pedro want Susana's father to disappear in the mines?
7. What happens between don Pedro and Damiana when she is a girl?
8. Describe the memory Susana has in the grave that Juan and Dorotea overhear.
9. Why does Dorotea say she is no longer interested in the sky?
10. What deal does don Pedro make with Susana's father?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)