|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Justina take care of Susana?
(a) Since she turns eighteen.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Since she marries don Pedro.
(d) All of her life.
2. When does Miguel first begin having girls procured for him?
(a) After Fulgor encourages him to have women.
(b) After he loses a bet.
(c) On his 13th birthday.
(d) When he is sick with the measles.
3. Who comes to comfort Susana after she learns of her father's death?
(b) Don Pedro.
(c) Father Rentería.
(d) Miguel's ghost.
4. Who owns the store that Abundio goes into?
(d) Don Pedro.
5. In what month does Susana die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susana's mother always say?
2. Who does Fulgor think Miguel has been with?
3. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
4. How much money does don Pedro offer to the revolutionaries?
5. Why does El Tilcuate want to disband his men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fulgor Sedano happy about the rain?
2. What is unusual about Susana's reaction to her mother's death?
3. When the reader first hears Susana's narrative, where does she think she is?
4. Why does Susana think Father Rentería has come to see her?
5. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
6. Why doesn't Abundio's wife get last rites?
7. What deal does don Pedro make with Susana's father?
8. How does don Pedro deal with Susana's death?
9. What is the mission of the revolutionaries?
10. What does Father Rentería describe to Susana as she lay dying?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)