|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens right before don Pedro's death that finally empties the town of men?
(a) There is a flood.
(b) The Cristeros War breaks out.
(c) There is a drought.
(d) There is an earthquake.
2. What does don Pedro initially think that happens to his son?
(a) That he commits suicide.
(b) That he runs away.
(c) That he turns into a ghost.
(d) That someone kills him.
3. What is in the mine where Bartolomé sends Susana?
(a) A dead cat.
(d) A skeleton.
4. Why does Susana tell Justina she can't leave?
(a) Because she is cursed.
(b) Because no one loves her like she does.
(c) Because she has nowhere else to go.
(d) Because she owes her money.
5. What is Damiana's excuse for not having made a novena in so long?
(a) She no longer believes in God.
(b) She is mad at Father Rentería.
(c) She has rheumatism.
(d) She is going blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning what has happened to Miguel, what does don Pedro order to be done?
2. What is Justina doing as Susana talks to her?
3. Who tells don Pedro that Susana is back in town?
4. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
5. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susana think Father Rentería has come to see her?
2. What happens during Father Rentería's confession?
3. What happens when the revolutionaries come to don Pedro's house?
4. What happens between don Pedro and Damiana when she is a girl?
5. What does doña Inés want Abundio to tell his dead wife?
6. Why is Fulgor Sedano happy about the rain?
7. Why does Susana reject Father Rentería in her last living moments?
8. What does Father Rentería describe to Susana as she lay dying?
9. What does Gerardo's wife tell him before he visits don Pedro?
10. What frustrates don Pedro about Susana?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)