|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is don Lucas doing when he is killed?
(a) Looking for a new horse.
(b) Attending a wedding.
(c) Visiting his sister.
(d) Going to a funeral.
2. Where does Father Rentería go on his walk after Miguel's death?
(a) The Media Luna ranch.
(b) The home of his parents.
(d) Miguel's grave.
3. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She kills someone.
(c) She is telling lies.
(d) She is late.
4. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Make him become a priest.
(c) Give him to Eduviges to raise.
(d) Give him to Dolores to raise.
5. What is don Pedro doing when Damiana sees him through her window?
(a) Sneaking into a young girl's room.
(b) Killing a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Miguel's mother?
2. What does don Pedro and Susana do together when they are young?
3. What does Susana's mother die of?
4. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
5. What is don Pedro going to do with his papers since his lawyer won't take them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fulgor Sedano happy about the rain?
2. Why don't the men of Comala come to the marketplace?
3. What happens when the revolutionaries come to don Pedro's house?
4. What is unusual about Susana's reaction to her mother's death?
5. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
6. How does don Pedro deal with Susana's death?
7. What does Gerardo's wife tell him before he visits don Pedro?
8. When the reader first hears Susana's narrative, where does she think she is?
9. Explain Bartolomé's relationship with Susana.
10. What happens during Father Rentería's confession?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)