|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells don Pedro that El Tilcuate is killed?
(c) Florencio's ghost.
2. What does Damiana hear that reminds her of the Devil?
(a) Bulls bellowing.
(c) The church bell.
(d) Susana moaning.
3. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
(a) Her dead husband's ghost.
(b) Bad dreams.
(c) The rain.
(d) Justina's cat.
4. Why does Dorotea come to Media Luna each morning?
(a) To beg for food.
(b) To see don Pedro.
(c) To work for Damiana.
(d) To take care of the horses.
5. What sin does Father Rentería's first penitent of the day confess?
(a) She has lustful thoughts.
(b) She helps find girls for Miguel.
(c) She is unfaithful to her husband.
(d) She steals from her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Susana and her father been living?
2. Who tells don Pedro that Susana is back in town?
3. Why don't the people who come from Apango bring ocote pine and oak mulch?
4. What is Justina doing as Susana talks to her?
5. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frustrates don Pedro about Susana?
2. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
3. Explain Bartolomé's relationship with Susana.
4. What does Justina tell Susana she is going to tell don Pedro when he comes?
5. Describe the memory Susana has in the grave that Juan and Dorotea overhear.
6. What is unusual about Susana's reaction to her mother's death?
7. Why do Angeles and Fausta think Susana doesn't need confess her sins?
8. Why does Susana reject Father Rentería in her last living moments?
9. Why does Susana think Father Rentería has come to see her?
10. Why is Fulgor Sedano happy about the rain?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)