|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells don Pedro that El Tilcuate is killed?
(d) Florencio's ghost.
2. What does don Pedro initially think that happens to his son?
(a) That he runs away.
(b) That he turns into a ghost.
(c) That he commits suicide.
(d) That someone kills him.
3. What does don Pedro tell the revolutionaries who come asking for money?
(a) To ask God for forgiveness.
(b) To give up the fight.
(c) To find some women to bed.
(d) To raid a nearby town.
4. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
(a) A map.
(b) Lost letters to her mother.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) His rosary.
5. What does Susana ask Justina if she is killed?
(b) Her cat.
(c) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the women in the town see going to Media Luna?
2. What month does Susana's mother die in?
3. How does Father Rentería's confessor suggest the priest deals with sin in Comala?
4. Who does Justina think is in Susana's room?
5. Who is supposedly killed El Tilcuate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fulgor Sedano happy about the rain?
2. Why does don Pedro want Susana's father to disappear in the mines?
3. How does don Pedro deal with Susana's death?
4. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
5. What does Justina tell Susana she is going to tell don Pedro when he comes?
6. What frustrates don Pedro about Susana?
7. Why does Susana reject Father Rentería in her last living moments?
8. What happens between don Pedro and Damiana when she is a girl?
9. What happens when the revolutionaries come to don Pedro's house?
10. How does Fulgor compare Miguel to don Pedro?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)