|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susana tell Justina that she believes in?
2. Why doesn't anyone come to mourn for Susana's mother after her death?
(a) They are afraid of getting sick.
(b) People think the house is cursed.
(c) No one likes her mother.
(d) The priest tells everyone not to visit.
3. What is Dorotea's nickname?
(a) La Cuarraca.
(d) La Bruja.
4. Who does don Pedro consider the leader of the revolutionaries?
(b) El Tilcuate.
5. What happens to Miguel's mother?
(a) She runs off with another man.
(b) She becomes a nun.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She is killed by revolutionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Justina take care of Susana?
2. How many men is El Tilcuate fighting with?
3. What does don Pedro initially think that happens to his son?
4. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
5. What is the name of don Pedro's lawyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gerardo's wife tell him before he visits don Pedro?
2. What does Justina tell Susana she is going to tell don Pedro when he comes?
3. Describe the memory Susana has in the grave that Juan and Dorotea overhear.
4. What does Father Rentería describe to Susana as she lay dying?
5. Explain Bartolomé's relationship with Susana.
6. Why doesn't Abundio's wife get last rites?
7. What is unusual about Susana's reaction to her mother's death?
8. Why does Dorotea say she is no longer interested in the sky?
9. Why do Angeles and Fausta think Susana doesn't need confess her sins?
10. What does doña Inés want Abundio to tell his dead wife?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)