|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Damiana think is knocking on her wall?
(b) San Pascual.
(c) Don Pedro.
(d) Florencio's ghost.
2. What does don Pedro do to memorialize Susana's death?
(a) Orders all the bells to ring.
(b) Tells the town that everyone must wear black.
(c) Writes her a eulogy.
(d) Stops eating.
3. Who tells don Pedro that Fulgor is dead?
(b) El Tartamudo.
(d) Miguel's ghost.
4. How many men does don Pedro offer to assist the revolution?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
5. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She is late.
(c) She is telling lies.
(d) She kills someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Rentería do after Susana's death?
2. What does Dorotea say Susana does, "even when she is alive"?
3. What is the name of Susana's servant?
4. How does Abundio's wife die?
5. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't the men of Comala come to the marketplace?
2. How does don Pedro deal with Susana's death?
3. How does Fulgor compare Miguel to don Pedro?
4. How does don Pedro deal with the news of Miguel's crimes?
5. Why is Villalpando in such a bad mood?
6. Why does Dorotea say she is no longer interested in the sky?
7. What deal does don Pedro make with Susana's father?
8. Explain Bartolomé's relationship with Susana.
9. Why is Fulgor Sedano happy about the rain?
10. How does don Pedro avenge his father's death?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)