|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Miguel first begin having girls procured for him?
(a) When he is sick with the measles.
(b) On his 13th birthday.
(c) After he loses a bet.
(d) After Fulgor encourages him to have women.
2. What is all that Susana wants of Florencio after his death?
(a) His house.
(b) His soul.
(c) His body.
(d) His money.
3. What does Susana tell Justina that she believes in?
4. Why can't Bartolomé's body be brought back to be buried?
(a) No one can find the body.
(b) He is too disfigured.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) He is cremated.
5. What does Dorotea say Susana does, "even when she is alive"?
(a) She talks to herself.
(b) She gives people blessings.
(c) She tells the future.
(d) She is unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does don Pedro do to the man who remembers don Pedro's death from his grave?
2. What is don Pedro going to do with his papers since his lawyer won't take them?
3. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
4. What does Damiana hear that reminds her of the Devil?
5. In what month does Susana die?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the reader first hears Susana's narrative, where does she think she is?
2. What happens between don Pedro and Damiana when she is a girl?
3. What happens during Father Rentería's confession?
4. What deal does don Pedro make with Susana's father?
5. Why does Susana reject Father Rentería in her last living moments?
6. What happens when the revolutionaries come to don Pedro's house?
7. Why does Dorotea say she is no longer interested in the sky?
8. What frustrates don Pedro about Susana?
9. What is unusual about Susana's reaction to her mother's death?
10. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)