|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Justina is in the marketplace, what is her complaint?
(a) That she sees ghosts.
(b) That she misses Susana.
(c) That there are too many people around.
(d) Everything costs too much.
2. How many men does don Pedro offer to assist the revolution?
(c) One hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
3. Why does El Tilcuate want to disband his men?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) Peace is declared.
(c) He wants to retire.
(d) He is ill.
4. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
(a) A map.
(b) His rosary.
(c) Lost letters to her mother.
(d) Gold coins.
5. How does Abundio's wife die?
(a) She is murdered.
(c) From complications after childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Justina take care of Susana?
2. What does Damiana hear that reminds her of the Devil?
3. Who tells don Pedro that Fulgor is dead?
4. Who tells don Pedro that Susana is back in town?
5. What does don Pedro tell the revolutionaries who come asking for money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Abundio's wife get last rites?
2. How does don Pedro deal with Susana's death?
3. Why is Fulgor Sedano happy about the rain?
4. What happens between don Pedro and Damiana when she is a girl?
5. What does Father Rentería describe to Susana as she lay dying?
6. Why don't the men of Comala come to the marketplace?
7. Why is Villalpando in such a bad mood?
8. What happens when the revolutionaries come to don Pedro's house?
9. Why does don Pedro want Susana's father to disappear in the mines?
10. What deal does don Pedro make with Susana's father?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)