|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Father Rentería returns from his walk, who does he learn is waiting for him?
(a) The tax-collector.
(b) Damiana Cisneros.
(c) Women waiting to confess.
(d) Pedro Páramo.
2. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
(a) Don Pedro crying.
(b) Her baby.
(c) Susana die.
(d) Abundio's ghost.
3. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
(a) One thousand pesos.
(b) A horse.
(d) A house..
4. What does don Pedro tell the revolutionaries who come asking for money?
(a) To ask God for forgiveness.
(b) To find some women to bed.
(c) To give up the fight.
(d) To raid a nearby town.
5. What does don Pedro initially think that happens to his son?
(a) That he turns into a ghost.
(b) That he commits suicide.
(c) That he runs away.
(d) That someone kills him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens right before don Pedro's death that finally empties the town of men?
2. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
3. What does Father Rentería do after Susana's death?
4. Why does El Tilcuate want to disband his men?
5. What does Susana's mother always say?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does don Pedro want Susana's father to disappear in the mines?
2. Why doesn't Abundio's wife get last rites?
3. Why doesn't don Pedro's lawyer continue holding his papers after he leaves?
4. Why does Dorotea say she is no longer interested in the sky?
5. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
6. When the reader first hears Susana's narrative, where does she think she is?
7. Why is Villalpando in such a bad mood?
8. What deal does don Pedro make with Susana's father?
9. What happens when the revolutionaries come to don Pedro's house?
10. What happens during Father Rentería's confession?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)