|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning what has happened to Miguel, what does don Pedro order to be done?
(a) Everyone in the town must wear black.
(b) Everyone in the family must confess.
(c) Miguel's horse be killed.
(d) They must get a new priest.
2. Where is don Pedro's lawyer moving to?
(b) The Media Luna ranch.
(d) Eduviges' house.
3. What happens in Comala after Susana's death?
(a) The rain stops.
(b) Many babies are born.
(c) Everyone has great financial success.
(d) Everyone leaves.
4. What is in the mine where Bartolomé sends Susana?
(b) A dead cat.
(c) A skeleton.
5. Who does don Pedro consider the leader of the revolutionaries?
(d) El Tilcuate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Father Rentería go on his walk after Miguel's death?
2. What are the only fruits that Father Rentería has been able to grow?
3. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
4. Why doesn't anyone come to mourn for Susana's mother after her death?
5. What does Susana's mother die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Susana's reaction to her mother's death?
2. Why does don Pedro want Susana's father to disappear in the mines?
3. What frustrates don Pedro about Susana?
4. Why does Dorotea say she is no longer interested in the sky?
5. What does Gerardo's wife tell him before he visits don Pedro?
6. Explain Bartolomé's relationship with Susana.
7. What does doña Inés want Abundio to tell his dead wife?
8. Why doesn't Abundio's wife get last rites?
9. How does don Pedro deal with Susana's death?
10. Describe the memory Susana has in the grave that Juan and Dorotea overhear.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)