|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorotea carry around with her?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) A bundle of clothes to look like a baby.
(c) A bouquet of dead flowers.
(d) A crucifix.
2. What comes to Comala after Susana's death?
(a) A flood.
(c) A group of revolutionaries.
(d) A circus.
3. Who tries to help don Pedro into the house before he dies?
(a) Susana's ghost.
4. Where has Susana and her father been living?
(a) At the La Andromeda mines.
(b) With Eduviges.
(c) In Contla.
(d) On the Media Luna ranch.
5. What does Abundio want from don Pedro?
(a) Money to bury his wife.
(b) A job.
(d) A place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is don Lucas doing when he is killed?
2. What is the name of don Pedro's lawyer?
3. What does don Pedro and Susana do together when they are young?
4. How long does Justina take care of Susana?
5. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
2. What is unusual about Susana's reaction to her mother's death?
3. Explain Bartolomé's relationship with Susana.
4. When the reader first hears Susana's narrative, where does she think she is?
5. What does Justina tell Susana she is going to tell don Pedro when he comes?
6. Describe the night Susana learns of Florencio's death.
7. How does Fulgor compare Miguel to don Pedro?
8. Why don't the men of Comala come to the marketplace?
9. What does Gerardo's wife tell him before he visits don Pedro?
10. What is the mission of the revolutionaries?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)