|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Susana die?
2. When Father Rentería returns from his walk, who does he learn is waiting for him?
(a) Damiana Cisneros.
(b) Women waiting to confess.
(c) The tax-collector.
(d) Pedro Páramo.
3. When does Miguel first begin having girls procured for him?
(a) On his 13th birthday.
(b) When he is sick with the measles.
(c) After he loses a bet.
(d) After Fulgor encourages him to have women.
4. Why don't the women want Susana to die?
(a) Because they fear her ghost.
(b) Because it will sadden don Pedro.
(c) Because it will ruin their Christmas plans.
(d) Because they care for her.
5. What sin does Father Rentería's first penitent of the day confess?
(a) She has lustful thoughts.
(b) She is unfaithful to her husband.
(c) She steals from her sister.
(d) She helps find girls for Miguel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the people who come from Apango bring ocote pine and oak mulch?
2. Who does Justina think is in Susana's room?
3. What happens right before don Pedro's death that finally empties the town of men?
4. Who does Damiana think is knocking on her wall?
5. What words does Father Rentería want Susana to repeat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does don Pedro avenge his father's death?
2. What deal does don Pedro make with Susana's father?
3. What happens when the revolutionaries come to don Pedro's house?
4. When the reader first hears Susana's narrative, where does she think she is?
5. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
6. What happens between don Pedro and Damiana when she is a girl?
7. Why do Angeles and Fausta think Susana doesn't need confess her sins?
8. Why doesn't Abundio's wife get last rites?
9. Why is Villalpando in such a bad mood?
10. What does Justina tell Susana she is going to tell don Pedro when he comes?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)