|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan think his mother dies of?
(d) A bad fall.
2. What does the woman think Juan does?
(a) Loses his mother.
(b) Kills a lot of people.
(c) Leaves his wife.
(d) Finds a new home.
3. What is in the room Juan sleeps in during his first night in Comala?
(a) It has other people sleeping in it.
(b) It is full of cats.
(c) It is completely empty.
(d) It is full of candles.
4. What does the old woman get from under the bed while Donis and his sister are out of the house?
(a) A dress.
(b) A box of money.
(c) Some sheets.
(d) Some love letters.
5. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(b) She sings her favorite song.
(c) She faints.
(d) She begins to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the earliest date that Dolores says she can be married?
2. Why can't Chona run off with her lover?
3. What is Osorio's other talent?
4. Who tells Juan where to stay while in Comala?
5. What is Galileo's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fulgor get Dolores to agree to marry Pedro?
2. Why is Eduviges convinced that Juan does not meet Abundio on the road to Comala?
3. Why is the priest reluctant to marry don Pedro and Dolores?
4. Describe the memory Pedro has of Susana as he sits in the privy.
5. Describe the relationship between don Pedro and Dolores.
6. Why does Eduviges and Dolorita promise to die together?
7. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
8. What does the woman think is wrong with the other woman?
9. What does the burro driver tell Juan about how don Pedro treats women?
10. Why does Juan's mother hate having her picture taken?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)