|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does don Pedro owe the most money to?
(a) Father Rentería.
(b) The Preciado family.
(c) Eduviges Dyada.
(d) His wife.
2. How many children are in Damiana's family?
3. What is the last thing that Juan sees before he dies?
(a) Foamy clouds swirling above his head.
(b) An angel.
(c) Miguel's horse.
(d) His father.
4. Who is the old woman that comes into the house?
(a) The woman's sister.
(b) Juan's mother.
(c) Damiana Cisneros.
5. What is unusual about the man and woman that Juan meets in the ramshackle house?
(a) They have horrible facial scars.
(b) They are naked.
(c) They can't speak.
(d) They are identical twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abundio go deaf?
2. What does the boy's grandmother want him to do for her?
3. What does the boy's mother want him to buy for her?
4. How old is Damiana when her sister dies?
5. What does Rogelio asked young Pedro to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dorotea's first dream?
2. What does the burro driver tell Juan about how don Pedro treats women?
3. Describe the memory Pedro has of Susana as he sits in the privy.
4. Why does María Dyada believe that her sister Eduviges is worthy of redemption?
5. Why are the two women that Juan encounters in the street worried?
6. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
7. Why does Eduviges and Dolorita promise to die together?
8. Why does don Pedro want to marry Dolores?
9. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
10. Why is Father Rentería conflicted after Miguel's death?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)