|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's mother want him to buy for her?
(a) A kettle.
(b) A new coat.
(d) Black taffeta and some aspirin.
2. How does Father Rentería suggest that María Dyada try to get redemption for her sister?
(a) Become a nun.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Join the revolution.
(d) Pay for Gregorian masses.
3. What is the official charge against Toribio Aldrete?
(a) Libelous comments.
(c) Falsifying boundaries.
4. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She sings her favorite song.
(b) She begins to dance.
(c) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(d) She faints.
5. Who does don Pedro owe the most money to?
(a) His wife.
(b) Eduviges Dyada.
(c) Father Rentería.
(d) The Preciado family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Damiana's sister's name?
2. What place are the people who are lost looking for when they stop by the home of the man and the woman?
3. What does Miguel tell Ana about why he comes to her window?
4. What does the priest drink every night at suppertime?
5. How old is Damiana when her sister dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the priest reluctant to marry don Pedro and Dolores?
2. What is Dorotea's first dream?
3. What does Father Rentería describe to Susana as she lay dying?
4. What does Gerardo's wife tell him before he visits don Pedro?
5. What is unusual about Susana's reaction to her mother's death?
6. Why doesn't don Pedro's lawyer continue holding his papers after he leaves?
7. Why does Susana reject Father Rentería in her last living moments?
8. Why is Eduviges convinced that Juan does not meet Abundio on the road to Comala?
9. Describe the road to Comala.
10. Why does Susana think Father Rentería has come to see her?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)