|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
(a) Because she has borne him a son.
(b) Because she is rich.
(c) Because of her eyes.
(d) Because she is so honest.
2. What is Osorio's other talent?
(a) He is a gifted blacksmith.
(b) He is a good cook.
(c) He is a conjurer.
(d) He can speak seven languages.
3. Where does Dolores' sister live?
(c) Next to Eduviges in Comala.
(d) The Media Luna ranch.
4. What does the woman tell Juan to drink?
(b) Orange-blossom tea.
(c) Hot chocolate.
(d) Her tears.
5. What is the earliest date that Dolores says she can be married?
(a) May 1.
(b) October 31.
(c) April 8.
(d) December 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Rentería do in order to help himself go to sleep?
2. What does don Pedro's father initially want to do with his son?
3. Why do the men who carry Miguel's coffin complaining after his burial?
4. What place are the people who are lost looking for when they stop by the home of the man and the woman?
5. What does the boy's mother want him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
2. What does Damiana tell Juan about Comala?
3. Why does Eduviges and Dolorita promise to die together?
4. Why is Eduviges convinced that Juan does not meet Abundio on the road to Comala?
5. What clues are you given as to the boy's family's financial situation?
6. Why does don Pedro want to marry Dolores?
7. How does the woman explain her sin during confession?
8. Describe the relationship between don Pedro and Dolores.
9. Why is Father Rentería conflicted after Miguel's death?
10. Describe the memory Pedro has of Susana as he sits in the privy.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)