|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dolores' sister live?
(b) The Media Luna ranch.
(d) Next to Eduviges in Comala.
2. What does don Pedro's father initially want to do with his son?
(a) Give him up for adoption.
(b) Make him in charge of Media Luna.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Send him to the seminary.
3. Who sleeps next to Pedro on his wedding night?
(a) Damiana Cisneros.
4. What place are the people who are lost looking for when they stop by the home of the man and the woman?
(a) Los Confines.
(b) Media Luna Ranch.
(d) The closest church.
5. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) They don't have any money.
(c) They have to pay for the boy's grandfather's funeral.
(d) They pay too much in tithes to the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is don Pedro upset over Fulgor's arrangements for his marriage to Dolores?
2. What does the medal around Eduviges' neck say?
3. Why do the men who carry Miguel's coffin complaining after his burial?
4. What is sitting next to Juan when he wakes up?
5. Why does Eduviges feel she must take care of Juan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman think is wrong with the other woman?
2. Describe the relationship between don Pedro and Dolores.
3. Why does don Pedro want to marry Dolores?
4. What does Juan Preciado hope to accomplish by finding his father?
5. Why does Eduviges and Dolorita promise to die together?
6. Why does Juan's mother hate having her picture taken?
7. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
8. What is Dorotea's first dream?
9. Why are the two women that Juan encounters in the street worried?
10. What does the woman tell Juan about nights in Comala?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)