|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose wedding dress is Dolores invited to wear?
(a) Her sister's.
(b) Don Pedro's mother's.
2. What happens to Pedro's father?
(a) He decides to marry another woman.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He joins the revolution.
(d) He is killed.
3. What do the man and the woman remember hearing Juan say?
(a) That he is a traveling musician.
(b) Something about his father.
(c) That he is indebted to a local landowner.
(d) That he is a ghost.
4. What does the boy's mother want him to buy for her?
(a) Black taffeta and some aspirin.
(b) A new coat.
(d) A kettle.
5. Why does Juan Preciado come to Comala?
(a) To purchase land.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To find his father.
(d) To bury his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
2. What does the boy's grandmother want him to do for her?
3. What does Father Rentería do in order to help himself go to sleep?
4. Where does Juan tell the woman that he is headed?
5. What happens to Juan's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the priest reluctant to marry don Pedro and Dolores?
2. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
3. Describe the memory Pedro has of Susana as he sits in the privy.
4. Describe the relationship between don Pedro and Dolores.
5. What does the woman tell Juan about the roads leaving from Comala?
6. How do Pedro and Dolores part ways?
7. What is Dorotea's first dream?
8. Why does Juan's mother hate having her picture taken?
9. What does the burro driver tell Juan about how don Pedro treats women?
10. What does Juan Preciado hope to accomplish by finding his father?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)