|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's mother want him to do?
(a) Clean the house.
(b) Find a missing book.
(c) Take care of the horses.
(d) Help his grandmother shell corn.
2. Where does Juan first meet the burro driver?
(a) At Contla.
(b) At Dona Eduviges' house.
(c) At the crossroads called Los Encuentros.
(d) At the Media Luna ranch.
3. What is Osorio's other talent?
(a) He is a conjurer.
(b) He is a gifted blacksmith.
(c) He can speak seven languages.
(d) He is a good cook.
4. What is it that Fulgor wants to remember to tell don Pedro about his upcoming marriage?
(a) To have the judge put the property in joint ownership.
(b) To find a place to honeymoon.
(c) To buy a new suit.
(d) To give Dolores money.
5. Why is don Pedro upset over Fulgor's arrangements for his marriage to Dolores?
(a) Dolores' sister is not there.
(b) Susana isn't invited.
(c) It is on a Sunday.
(d) Fulgor doesn't ask for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the man and the woman remember hearing Juan say?
2. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
3. What is the last thing that Juan sees before he dies?
4. What does the woman think Juan does?
5. When Fulgor Sedano visits don Pedro for the second time, how many black bows are hanging on his door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman think is wrong with the other woman?
2. What does the woman tell Juan about the roads leaving from Comala?
3. Explain Miguel Paramo's fate.
4. Describe the encounter between Father Rentería and María Dyada after Eduviges' death.
5. Describe the relationship between don Pedro and Dolores.
6. Why are the two women that Juan encounters in the street worried?
7. Why is the priest reluctant to marry don Pedro and Dolores?
8. What are the two men who Juan hears in the street discussing?
9. How does Fulgor get Dolores to agree to marry Pedro?
10. How does the woman explain her sin during confession?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)