|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Damiana originally know Juan?
(a) She is his real mother.
(b) She is his mother's best friend.
(c) She takes care of him when he is a baby.
(d) She is his girlfriend.
2. Who does don Pedro owe the most money to?
(a) Eduviges Dyada.
(b) His wife.
(c) Father Rentería.
(d) The Preciado family.
3. What promise does Dolorita and Eduviges make to each other?
(a) To never marry.
(b) To write each other every day.
(c) To pay off each others' debt.
(d) To die together.
4. What does the boy's grandmother want him to do for her?
(a) Shell the corn.
(b) Grind the chocolate.
(c) Take care of the horses.
(d) Clean the house.
5. What does Rogelio asked young Pedro to do for him?
(a) Build a coffin.
(b) Buy supplies.
(c) Find him a job.
(d) Watch his little boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ana believe it is Miguel Páramo who rapes her?
2. What month is it when Juan dies?
3. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
4. What does the boy's mother say happens to him if he stays too long in the privy?
5. What does Osorio tell Dolores she must not do on her wedding night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
2. What are the two men who Juan hears in the street discussing?
3. Explain Miguel Paramo's fate.
4. Why is Eduviges convinced that Juan does not meet Abundio on the road to Comala?
5. What does the woman tell Juan about the roads leaving from Comala?
6. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
7. How do Pedro and Dolores part ways?
8. Why does Eduviges and Dolorita promise to die together?
9. Describe the encounter between Father Rentería and María Dyada after Eduviges' death.
10. What does Juan Preciado hope to accomplish by finding his father?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)