|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin is the woman guilty of?
(a) Killing someone.
(c) Sleeping with her brother.
(d) Stealing money.
2. What do the man and the woman remember hearing Juan say?
(a) That he is indebted to a local landowner.
(b) That he is a ghost.
(c) Something about his father.
(d) That he is a traveling musician.
3. Where is Miguel's spirit been seen in the first days after his death?
(a) At Eduviges' house.
(b) At Media Luna.
(c) In Contla at the home of his lady friend.
(d) In the sky.
4. Where does Juan first meet the burro driver?
(a) At the crossroads called Los Encuentros.
(b) At the Media Luna ranch.
(c) At Contla.
(d) At Dona Eduviges' house.
5. What is the official charge against Toribio Aldrete?
(a) Falsifying boundaries.
(b) Libelous comments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Juan tell the woman that he is headed?
2. Where is Doña Eduviges' house located?
3. Where is Juan the day before he gets to Comala?
4. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
5. Where does Dolores' sister live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two men who Juan hears in the street discussing?
2. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
3. Why does Fulgor end up working with don Pedro even after don Lucas' death?
4. What does the woman think is wrong with the other woman?
5. Explain Miguel Paramo's fate.
6. Describe the encounter between Father Rentería and María Dyada after Eduviges' death.
7. Why does María Dyada believe that her sister Eduviges is worthy of redemption?
8. What does Juan Preciado hope to accomplish by finding his father?
9. How does Fulgor get Dolores to agree to marry Pedro?
10. Why does Eduviges and Dolorita promise to die together?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)