|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) They have to pay for the boy's grandfather's funeral.
(c) They pay too much in tithes to the church.
(d) They don't have any money.
2. How old is Damiana when her sister dies?
3. What is Galileo's wife's name?
4. What does the woman think Juan does?
(a) Finds a new home.
(b) Leaves his wife.
(c) Loses his mother.
(d) Kills a lot of people.
5. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
(a) To settle minor legal disputes.
(b) To bring the mail.
(c) To take care of the horses.
(d) To teach the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Miguel's spirit been seen in the first days after his death?
2. Who tells Eduviges that Juan is coming to town?
3. What is Eduviges' house full of?
4. What do Juan and the burro driver have in common?
5. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susana reject Father Rentería in her last living moments?
2. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
3. Describe the memory Pedro has of Susana as he sits in the privy.
4. What deal does don Pedro make with Susana's father?
5. Describe the relationship between don Pedro and Dolores.
6. How do Pedro and Dolores part ways?
7. What does the burro driver tell Juan about how don Pedro treats women?
8. Why does Eduviges and Dolorita promise to die together?
9. Why do Angeles and Fausta think Susana doesn't need confess her sins?
10. Why is the priest reluctant to marry don Pedro and Dolores?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)