|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Damiana when her sister dies?
2. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(b) She faints.
(c) She begins to dance.
(d) She sings her favorite song.
3. What do the man and the woman remember hearing Juan say?
(a) That he is a traveling musician.
(b) That he is indebted to a local landowner.
(c) That he is a ghost.
(d) Something about his father.
4. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
(a) Because of her eyes.
(b) Because she is so honest.
(c) Because she has borne him a son.
(d) Because she is rich.
5. Why are the women in the boy's house saying a novena?
(a) To mourn his grandfather's death.
(b) For financial prosperity.
(c) For all the pregnant women.
(d) To improve the boy's health.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Damiana, what happens in the room Juan is staying in at Eduviges' house?
2. What does the boy's mother say happens to him if he stays too long in the privy?
3. What does Rogelio asked young Pedro to do for him?
4. What sin is the woman guilty of?
5. Who tells Juan where to stay while in Comala?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman tell Juan about the roads leaving from Comala?
2. Why does Fulgor end up working with don Pedro even after don Lucas' death?
3. What is the deal that Abundio and Eduviges make?
4. Why are the two women that Juan encounters in the street worried?
5. Why does Eduviges and Dolorita promise to die together?
6. Why does don Pedro want to marry Dolores?
7. What is Dorotea's first dream?
8. Why is Eduviges convinced that Juan does not meet Abundio on the road to Comala?
9. How does Fulgor get Dolores to agree to marry Pedro?
10. How do Pedro and Dolores part ways?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)