|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sitting next to Juan when he wakes up?
(a) A jug of coffee.
(b) A cat.
(c) A sack of money.
(d) A book of poetry.
2. What does don Pedro's father initially want to do with his son?
(a) Make him in charge of Media Luna.
(b) Send him to the seminary.
(c) Give him up for adoption.
(d) Kill him.
3. Where is Juan's body found?
(a) At Eduviges' house.
(b) In his father's grave.
(c) At the Media Luna ranch.
(d) In the town plaza.
4. What does Juan think his mother dies of?
(a) A bad fall.
5. What does Osorio tell Dolores she must not do on her wedding night?
(a) Wear white.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Lie with a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miguel tell Ana about why he comes to her window?
2. What month is it when Juan dies?
3. What does the burro driver tell Juan is "a plague that takes over a person's house the minute they leave"?
4. How long have the man and woman been in Comala?
5. What happens to Juan's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dorotea's second dream?
2. What is the deal that Abundio and Eduviges make?
3. What frustrates don Pedro about Susana?
4. How does Fulgor get Dolores to agree to marry Pedro?
5. Why does Eduviges and Dolorita promise to die together?
6. How do Pedro and Dolores part ways?
7. What is the mission of the revolutionaries?
8. Why is the priest reluctant to marry don Pedro and Dolores?
9. What deal does don Pedro make with Susana's father?
10. Why don't the men of Comala come to the marketplace?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)