|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(b) She begins to dance.
(c) She sings her favorite song.
(d) She faints.
2. Where does Juan tell the woman that he is headed?
(a) Los Confines.
(d) Media Luna.
3. What is the official charge against Toribio Aldrete?
(c) Falsifying boundaries.
(d) Libelous comments.
4. What does the boy's mother want him to do?
(a) Find a missing book.
(b) Help his grandmother shell corn.
(c) Take care of the horses.
(d) Clean the house.
5. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
(a) Because of her eyes.
(b) Because she has borne him a son.
(c) Because she is rich.
(d) Because she is so honest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the earliest date that Dolores says she can be married?
2. How does Father Rentería suggest that María Dyada try to get redemption for her sister?
3. Why are the women in the boy's house saying a novena?
4. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
5. What place are the people who are lost looking for when they stop by the home of the man and the woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Miguel Paramo's fate.
2. Why is Eduviges convinced that Juan does not meet Abundio on the road to Comala?
3. What is Dorotea's second dream?
4. How does Fulgor get Dolores to agree to marry Pedro?
5. How do Pedro and Dolores part ways?
6. How does the woman explain her sin during confession?
7. Describe the encounter between Father Rentería and María Dyada after Eduviges' death.
8. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
9. Why is the priest reluctant to marry don Pedro and Dolores?
10. Why does Fulgor end up working with don Pedro even after don Lucas' death?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)