|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the room Juan sleeps in during his first night in Comala?
(a) It is full of cats.
(b) It is full of candles.
(c) It is completely empty.
(d) It has other people sleeping in it.
2. What does the boy's mother want him to do?
(a) Help his grandmother shell corn.
(b) Take care of the horses.
(c) Find a missing book.
(d) Clean the house.
3. What does Juan carry in his pocket to remind him of his mother?
(a) A pressed flower.
(b) A scrap of her rebozo.
(c) A letter from her.
(d) A photograph of her.
4. How old is Damiana when her sister dies?
5. What does Galileo tell his brother-in-law he needs in order to pay off his debt?
(a) A good corn crop.
(b) To win the lottery.
(c) A loan.
(d) A good night of cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eduviges want Juan to do before he goes to sleep?
2. What has Ana's uncle taught her about forgiveness?
3. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
4. Who is the old woman that comes into the house?
5. What place are the people who are lost looking for when they stop by the home of the man and the woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
2. Why does Juan's mother hate having her picture taken?
3. Why does María Dyada believe that her sister Eduviges is worthy of redemption?
4. What are the two men who Juan hears in the street discussing?
5. How does the woman explain her sin during confession?
6. Why is Father Rentería conflicted after Miguel's death?
7. What does Damiana tell Juan about Comala?
8. What is the deal that Abundio and Eduviges make?
9. Describe the memory Pedro has of Susana as he sits in the privy.
10. What does the burro driver tell Juan about how don Pedro treats women?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)