|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the shopkeeper?
(a) Eduviges Dyada.
(b) Justina Díaz.
(c) Doña Inés Villalpando.
(d) Damiana Cisneros.
2. What happens to Juan's mother?
(a) She dies a week before he gets to Comala.
(b) She dies the day before he gets to Comala.
(c) She dies the day before he gets to Comala.
(d) She is kidnapped.
3. Who tells Eduviges that Juan is coming to town?
(b) Don Pedro.
(c) His mother.
4. What does Juan carry in his pocket to remind him of his mother?
(a) A pressed flower.
(b) A letter from her.
(c) A scrap of her rebozo.
(d) A photograph of her.
5. What do Juan and the burro driver have in common?
(a) They both are miners.
(b) They have the same mother.
(c) They have the same father.
(d) They are in love with the same woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Damiana's sister's name?
2. What is unusual about the man and woman that Juan meets in the ramshackle house?
3. What does Father Rentería do in order to help himself go to sleep?
4. What makes Ana believe it is Miguel Páramo who rapes her?
5. What does the burro driver tell Juan happens to don Pedro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Damiana tell Juan about Comala?
2. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
3. What frustrates don Pedro about Susana?
4. Why does don Pedro want to marry Dolores?
5. What clues are you given as to the boy's family's financial situation?
6. Explain Bartolomé's relationship with Susana.
7. Why is the priest reluctant to marry don Pedro and Dolores?
8. What does the woman tell Juan about the roads leaving from Comala?
9. Why does Father Rentería feel guilty about Miguel's crimes?
10. Why is Villalpando in such a bad mood?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)