|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Doña Eduviges' house located?
(a) In Contla.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In don Pedro's estate compound.
(d) Next to a bridge by the river.
2. Why do the men who carry Miguel's coffin complaining after his burial?
(a) They all are in love with the same woman.
(b) They are in physical pain.
(c) They aren't paid for their efforts.
(d) They are hungry.
3. What does Damiana say she hears "night after night"?
(a) Juan's cries.
(b) Her sister and her brother-in-law making love.
(d) A fiesta at Media Luna.
4. What does Father Rentería do in order to help himself go to sleep?
(a) He takes a warm bath.
(b) He drinks hot milk.
(c) He counts sheep.
(d) He recites the names of the saints.
5. What sin is the woman guilty of?
(a) Sleeping with her brother.
(b) Stealing money.
(c) Killing someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the priest hate Miguel?
2. What is in the room Juan sleeps in during his first night in Comala?
3. Where is Juan's body found?
4. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
5. Who has the woman confessed her sin to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fulgor end up working with don Pedro even after don Lucas' death?
2. Why does Eduviges and Dolorita promise to die together?
3. Why does don Pedro want to marry Dolores?
4. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
5. How does Fulgor get Dolores to agree to marry Pedro?
6. Why does María Dyada believe that her sister Eduviges is worthy of redemption?
7. Describe the encounter between Father Rentería and María Dyada after Eduviges' death.
8. What is the deal that Abundio and Eduviges make?
9. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
10. Describe the memory Pedro has of Susana as he sits in the privy.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)