|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Juan and the burro driver have in common?
(a) They have the same mother.
(b) They both are miners.
(c) They are in love with the same woman.
(d) They have the same father.
2. What does Damiana say she hears "night after night"?
(a) Juan's cries.
(b) A fiesta at Media Luna.
(d) Her sister and her brother-in-law making love.
3. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
(a) Because of her eyes.
(b) Because she has borne him a son.
(c) Because she is rich.
(d) Because she is so honest.
4. Where does Dolores' sister live?
(a) Next to Eduviges in Comala.
(d) The Media Luna ranch.
5. What does the boy's mother want him to do?
(a) Find a missing book.
(b) Help his grandmother shell corn.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Take care of the horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children are in Damiana's family?
2. Why do the men who carry Miguel's coffin complaining after his burial?
3. Whose wedding dress is Dolores invited to wear?
4. How does Father Rentería suggest that María Dyada try to get redemption for her sister?
5. What does Galileo tell his brother-in-law he needs in order to pay off his debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman explain her sin during confession?
2. What clues are you given as to the boy's family's financial situation?
3. Why is the priest reluctant to marry don Pedro and Dolores?
4. Describe the road to Comala.
5. How does Fulgor get Dolores to agree to marry Pedro?
6. Why is Father Rentería conflicted after Miguel's death?
7. What does Damiana tell Juan about Comala?
8. What does the woman tell Juan about the roads leaving from Comala?
9. What are the two men who Juan hears in the street discussing?
10. Explain Miguel Paramo's fate.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)