|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rogelio asked young Pedro to do for him?
(a) Buy supplies.
(b) Watch his little boy.
(c) Build a coffin.
(d) Find him a job.
2. What is it that Fulgor wants to remember to tell don Pedro about his upcoming marriage?
(a) To give Dolores money.
(b) To find a place to honeymoon.
(c) To buy a new suit.
(d) To have the judge put the property in joint ownership.
3. What does the burro driver tell Juan happens to don Pedro?
(a) He is "living bile".
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He died years ago.
(d) He owns the Media Luna ranch.
4. What is Inocencio's job at the Media Luna ranch?
(a) He breaks horses.
(b) He administers the real estate.
(c) He tends to the sick.
(d) He is a custodian.
5. What is Eduviges' house full of?
(a) Her paintings.
(c) Other people's things.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the man and woman been in Comala?
2. What happens to Pedro's father?
3. What is unusual about the man and woman that Juan meets in the ramshackle house?
4. What does Eduviges want Juan to do before he goes to sleep?
5. What has Ana's uncle taught her about forgiveness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman explain her sin during confession?
2. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
3. What does the woman tell Juan about nights in Comala?
4. What does Damiana tell Juan about Comala?
5. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
6. What is the deal that Abundio and Eduviges make?
7. Describe the memory Pedro has of Susana as he sits in the privy.
8. Describe the relationship between don Pedro and Dolores.
9. Why does María Dyada believe that her sister Eduviges is worthy of redemption?
10. Why is Eduviges convinced that Juan does not meet Abundio on the road to Comala?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)