|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Juan's body?
(a) Fulgor Sedano.
2. Who tells Juan to go to Comala?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) Father Rentería.
(d) Pedro Páramo.
3. What does the boy's grandmother want him to do for her?
(a) Clean the house.
(b) Grind the chocolate.
(c) Take care of the horses.
(d) Shell the corn.
4. Who is the old woman that comes into the house?
(a) Juan's mother.
(b) The woman's sister.
(c) Damiana Cisneros.
5. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She begins to dance.
(b) She faints.
(c) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(d) She sings her favorite song.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Juan awakes, where does the woman say that Donis goes?
2. Where is Miguel's spirit been seen in the first days after his death?
3. What does Miguel tell Ana about why he comes to her window?
4. Where is Juan the day before he gets to Comala?
5. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does don Pedro want to marry Dolores?
2. Describe the relationship between don Pedro and Dolores.
3. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
4. How do Pedro and Dolores part ways?
5. What clues are you given as to the boy's family's financial situation?
6. How does Fulgor get Dolores to agree to marry Pedro?
7. What does the woman tell Juan about nights in Comala?
8. What is Dorotea's first dream?
9. Why does Juan's mother hate having her picture taken?
10. Why are the two women that Juan encounters in the street worried?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)