|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose wedding dress is Dolores invited to wear?
(b) Her sister's.
(d) Don Pedro's mother's.
2. How old is Damiana when her sister dies?
3. What does the old woman get from under the bed while Donis and his sister are out of the house?
(a) A dress.
(b) Some love letters.
(c) A box of money.
(d) Some sheets.
4. Where is Juan's body found?
(a) At Eduviges' house.
(b) In the town plaza.
(c) At the Media Luna ranch.
(d) In his father's grave.
5. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
(a) To take care of the horses.
(b) To bring the mail.
(c) To settle minor legal disputes.
(d) To teach the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rogelio asked young Pedro to do for him?
2. Who tells Juan to go to Comala?
3. What has Ana's uncle taught her about forgiveness?
4. What does the medal around Eduviges' neck say?
5. Who is the old woman that comes into the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman tell Juan about nights in Comala?
2. What does the woman tell Juan about the roads leaving from Comala?
3. How does the woman explain her sin during confession?
4. What clues are you given as to the boy's family's financial situation?
5. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
6. What does the burro driver tell Juan about how don Pedro treats women?
7. Describe the encounter between Father Rentería and María Dyada after Eduviges' death.
8. What are the two men who Juan hears in the street discussing?
9. How does Fulgor get Dolores to agree to marry Pedro?
10. Why are the two women that Juan encounters in the street worried?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)