Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's grandmother want him to do for her?
(a) Shell the corn.
(b) Take care of the horses.
(c) Grind the chocolate.
(d) Clean the house.
2. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
(a) She is menstruating.
(b) She wants to wait until her sister can attend the wedding.
(c) She has a date with someone else.
(d) She is afraid to lose her virginity.
3. What does Father Rentería do in order to help himself go to sleep?
(a) He counts sheep.
(b) He takes a warm bath.
(c) He drinks hot milk.
(d) He recites the names of the saints.
4. Where is Doña Eduviges' house located?
(a) In the desert.
(b) Next to a bridge by the river.
(c) In don Pedro's estate compound.
(d) In Contla.
5. How long have the man and woman been in Comala?
(a) Six years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) They are born there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Damiana originally know Juan?
2. Why are the women in the boy's house saying a novena?
3. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
4. What does Juan think his mother dies of?
5. What does Galileo tell his brother-in-law he needs in order to pay off his debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Justina tell Susana she is going to tell don Pedro when he comes?
2. How do Pedro and Dolores part ways?
3. What does Damiana tell Juan about Comala?
4. Why are the two women that Juan encounters in the street worried?
5. Why does Susana reject Father Rentería in her last living moments?
6. When the reader first hears Susana's narrative, where does she think she is?
7. What does the woman tell Juan about the roads leaving from Comala?
8. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
9. Why does Dorotea say she is no longer interested in the sky?
10. What does the woman think is wrong with the other woman?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)