|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Juan where to stay while in Comala?
(c) His mother.
(d) Doña Eduviges.
2. Where does Juan tell the woman that he is headed?
(a) Media Luna.
(d) Los Confines.
3. What does Juan's tossing and turning remind the woman of?
(a) The first time the man sleeps with her.
(b) A sick animal.
(c) The way her brother sleeps.
(d) Her mother's illness.
4. What is Inocencio Osorio's nickname?
5. What does Father Rentería do in order to help himself go to sleep?
(a) He takes a warm bath.
(b) He drinks hot milk.
(c) He recites the names of the saints.
(d) He counts sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the official charge against Toribio Aldrete?
2. What does the priest drink every night at suppertime?
3. Who does don Pedro owe the most money to?
4. At Miguel's funeral mass, what does the priest fail to do before leaving the church?
5. What do the man and the woman remember hearing Juan say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the deal that Abundio and Eduviges make?
2. What is Dorotea's first dream?
3. What happens during Father Rentería's confession?
4. What are the two men who Juan hears in the street discussing?
5. Describe the memory Susana has in the grave that Juan and Dorotea overhear.
6. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
7. What does Father Rentería describe to Susana as she lay dying?
8. How do Pedro and Dolores part ways?
9. Why does Dorotea say she is no longer interested in the sky?
10. Describe the relationship between don Pedro and Dolores.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)