|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(b) She faints.
(c) She begins to dance.
(d) She sings her favorite song.
2. What does the burro driver tell Juan happens to don Pedro?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) He owns the Media Luna ranch.
(c) He died years ago.
(d) He is "living bile".
3. When Fulgor Sedano visits don Pedro for the second time, how many black bows are hanging on his door?
4. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
(a) They pay too much in tithes to the church.
(b) They have to pay for the boy's grandfather's funeral.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) They don't have any money.
5. What is Osorio's other talent?
(a) He is a good cook.
(b) He is a gifted blacksmith.
(c) He is a conjurer.
(d) He can speak seven languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy's mother say happens to him if he stays too long in the privy?
2. What astronomical event occurs on the evening of Miguel's funeral?
3. What is Inocencio's job at the Media Luna ranch?
4. What is sitting next to Juan when he wakes up?
5. How does Damiana originally know Juan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman tell Juan about the roads leaving from Comala?
2. What clues are you given as to the boy's family's financial situation?
3. Why does Juan's mother hate having her picture taken?
4. Describe the relationship between don Pedro and Dolores.
5. Why does María Dyada believe that her sister Eduviges is worthy of redemption?
6. Why does Fulgor end up working with don Pedro even after don Lucas' death?
7. How does what happens to Toribio Aldrete confirm don Pedro's immoral behavior?
8. How do Pedro and Dolores part ways?
9. What is the deal that Abundio and Eduviges make?
10. What does Damiana tell Juan about Comala?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)