|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Bartolomé's body be brought back to be buried?
(a) He is too disfigured.
(b) It is too far away.
(c) No one can find the body.
(d) He is cremated.
2. What is don Pedro going to do with his papers since his lawyer won't take them?
(a) Publish them.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Give them to Father Rentería.
(d) Bury them.
3. What are the people who come from Apango doing in Comala?
(a) Robbing graves.
(b) Selling things.
(c) Going to a funeral.
(d) Starting war.
4. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
5. When does Miguel first begin having girls procured for him?
(a) When he is sick with the measles.
(b) After he loses a bet.
(c) On his 13th birthday.
(d) After Fulgor encourages him to have women.
6. What does Abundio want from don Pedro?
(a) A job.
(b) A place to live.
(c) Money to bury his wife.
7. How does Abundio's wife die?
(a) She is murdered.
(c) From complications after childbirth.
8. Where has Susana and her father been living?
(a) In Contla.
(b) At the La Andromeda mines.
(c) With Eduviges.
(d) On the Media Luna ranch.
9. When is don Lucas killed?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Feast Day of San Miguel.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) San Cristobal's Day.
10. How many men does don Pedro offer to assist the revolution?
(a) One hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
11. What sin does Father Rentería's first penitent of the day confess?
(a) She helps find girls for Miguel.
(b) She is unfaithful to her husband.
(c) She steals from her sister.
(d) She has lustful thoughts.
12. Who tells don Pedro that Fulgor is dead?
(b) El Tartamudo.
(c) Miguel's ghost.
13. Where is don Pedro's lawyer moving to?
(a) The Media Luna ranch.
(b) Eduviges' house.
14. Who kills Fulgor?
(a) Father Rentería.
15. Who tells don Pedro that El Tilcuate is killed?
(a) Florencio's ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens right before don Pedro's death that finally empties the town of men?
2. Where do don Pedro and Fulgor send Susana's father?
3. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
4. Who does Damiana think is knocking on her wall?
5. What do Father Rentería and his confessor say about all fruits that grow in Comala?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)