|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does don Pedro and Susana do together when they are young?
(a) Swim together in the river.
(b) Draw pictures.
(c) Write poems.
(d) Catch insects.
2. What comes to Comala after Susana's death?
(a) A flood.
(b) A circus.
(d) A group of revolutionaries.
3. How many men does don Pedro offer to assist the revolution?
(a) One hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
4. Where do don Pedro and Fulgor send Susana's father?
(a) To Sayula.
(b) To the La Andromeda mines.
(c) To Contla.
(d) To the seminary.
5. Who do the women in the town see going to Media Luna?
(c) Father Rentería.
(d) Doctor Valencia.
6. How does Father Rentería's confessor suggest the priest deals with sin in Comala?
(a) By forgiving everyone.
(b) By bringing in an additional priest.
(c) By being hard and merciless.
(d) By asking everyone to give more money to the church.
7. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
(a) Bad dreams.
(b) The rain.
(c) Her dead husband's ghost.
(d) Justina's cat.
8. What does Dorotea carry around with her?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A bouquet of dead flowers.
(c) A bundle of clothes to look like a baby.
(d) A rag doll.
9. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
10. What do Father Rentería and his confessor say about all fruits that grow in Comala?
(a) They have no taste.
(b) They make people happy who eat them.
(c) They are bitter.
(d) They are the sweetest.
11. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
(a) Give him to Eduviges to raise.
(b) Give him to Dolores to raise.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Make him become a priest.
12. When does Miguel first begin having girls procured for him?
(a) After he loses a bet.
(b) After Fulgor encourages him to have women.
(c) On his 13th birthday.
(d) When he is sick with the measles.
13. What month does Susana's mother die in?
14. How does Fulgor try to deal with the accusations of murder against Miguel?
(a) He turns Miguel in to the authorities.
(b) He tries to bribe the dead man's wife.
(c) He tells Miguel to confess.
(d) He says he does it.
15. What does don Pedro do to the man who remembers don Pedro's death from his grave?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He makes him deaf.
(c) He leaves him lame.
(d) He cuts off his nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the mine where Bartolomé sends Susana?
2. Where does Father Rentería go on his walk after Miguel's death?
3. Why does Susana tell Justina she can't leave?
4. Why does Dorotea come to Media Luna each morning?
5. What does Damiana hear that reminds her of the Devil?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)