|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Justina think is in Susana's room?
(a) Fulgor Sedano.
(c) Don Pedro.
2. What is the name of Susana's servant?
3. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
(a) Justina's cat.
(b) The rain.
(c) Bad dreams.
(d) Her dead husband's ghost.
4. When Justina is in the marketplace, what is her complaint?
(a) Everything costs too much.
(b) That she sees ghosts.
(c) That she misses Susana.
(d) That there are too many people around.
5. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
(a) Give him to Eduviges to raise.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Give him to Dolores to raise.
(d) Make him become a priest.
6. Who do the women in the town see going to Media Luna?
(b) Doctor Valencia.
(c) Father Rentería.
7. What do the revolutionaries get tired of?
(a) Missing mass.
(b) Eating meat.
(c) The number of casualties.
(d) Losing battles.
8. What does Father Rentería do after Susana's death?
(a) Repents of his sins.
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Goes searching for a wife.
(d) Joins the revolution.
9. Who is supposedly killed El Tilcuate?
(b) The Villistas.
(c) His own men.
10. How long does Justina take care of Susana?
(a) Since she marries don Pedro.
(b) Since she turns eighteen.
(c) All of her life.
(d) Two weeks.
11. Why does Susana want Justina to leave?
(a) Because Justina is crying.
(b) Because Susana is afraid of her.
(c) Because don Pedro wants Justina to leave.
(d) Because Justina is praying.
12. Why don't the people who come from Apango bring ocote pine and oak mulch?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) It gets wet from the rain.
(c) It is stolen by brigands.
(d) They are buying it in Comala.
13. What does don Pedro and Susana do together when they are young?
(a) Swim together in the river.
(b) Draw pictures.
(c) Catch insects.
(d) Write poems.
14. Why doesn't anyone come to mourn for Susana's mother after her death?
(a) No one likes her mother.
(b) The priest tells everyone not to visit.
(c) They are afraid of getting sick.
(d) People think the house is cursed.
15. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
(a) Abundio's ghost.
(b) Susana die.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Don Pedro crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damiana hear that reminds her of the Devil?
2. What does Susana's mother always say?
3. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
4. Why does Dorotea come to Media Luna each morning?
5. Who does don Pedro summon to see him in order to discuss the revolution?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)