|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does don Pedro consider the leader of the revolutionaries?
(c) El Tilcuate.
2. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
(a) Give him to Eduviges to raise.
(b) Make him become a priest.
(c) Give him to Dolores to raise.
(d) Kill him.
3. Who is the shot that kills don Lucas intended for?
(a) His sister.
(b) The man selling him a horse.
(c) His son.
(d) The groom at the wedding.
4. What month does Susana's mother die in?
5. Why does El Tilcuate want to disband his men?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He is ill.
(c) Peace is declared.
(d) He wants to retire.
6. What comes to Comala after Susana's death?
(a) A circus.
(b) A flood.
(d) A group of revolutionaries.
7. Who comes down from Apango?
(c) Susana's family.
8. What does don Pedro initially think that happens to his son?
(a) That he runs away.
(b) That he commits suicide.
(c) That someone kills him.
(d) That he turns into a ghost.
9. What are the people who come from Apango doing in Comala?
(a) Robbing graves.
(b) Selling things.
(c) Starting war.
(d) Going to a funeral.
10. What do the revolutionaries get tired of?
(a) The number of casualties.
(b) Eating meat.
(c) Missing mass.
(d) Losing battles.
11. What does don Pedro do to memorialize Susana's death?
(a) Orders all the bells to ring.
(b) Tells the town that everyone must wear black.
(c) Stops eating.
(d) Writes her a eulogy.
12. How many men is El Tilcuate fighting with?
(b) Seven hundred.
(c) Four thousand.
13. How does Fulgor try to deal with the accusations of murder against Miguel?
(a) He tries to bribe the dead man's wife.
(b) He turns Miguel in to the authorities.
(c) He tells Miguel to confess.
(d) He says he does it.
14. What is don Pedro going to do with his papers since his lawyer won't take them?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Bury them.
(c) Publish them.
(d) Give them to Father Rentería.
15. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
(a) One thousand pesos.
(c) A horse.
(d) A house..
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is don Lucas, don Pedro's father, killed?
2. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
3. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
4. What does Susana ask Justina if she is killed?
5. Who owns the store that Abundio goes into?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)