|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Rentería do after Susana's death?
(a) Goes searching for a wife.
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Repents of his sins.
(d) Joins the revolution.
2. When Justina is in the marketplace, what is her complaint?
(a) That there are too many people around.
(b) That she sees ghosts.
(c) That she misses Susana.
(d) Everything costs too much.
3. What does Dorotea carry around with her?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) A bundle of clothes to look like a baby.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A bouquet of dead flowers.
4. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
(a) His rosary.
(b) A map.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) Lost letters to her mother.
5. What words does Father Rentería want Susana to repeat?
(a) The "Our Father".
(b) "God forgive me."
(c) "My mouth is filled with earth."
(d) "I am a sinner."
6. What does Susana tell Justina that she believes in?
7. Who is supposedly killed El Tilcuate?
(b) His own men.
(c) The Villistas.
8. Who does don Pedro summon to see him in order to discuss the revolution?
(a) El Tilcuate.
(c) Father Rentería.
9. Who is the first person in line at confession in Comala?
10. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
(a) Make him become a priest.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Give him to Eduviges to raise.
(d) Give him to Dolores to raise.
11. What comes to Comala after Susana's death?
(b) A group of revolutionaries.
(c) A flood.
(d) A circus.
12. Who tells don Pedro that El Tilcuate is killed?
(b) Florencio's ghost.
13. What is Damiana's excuse for not having made a novena in so long?
(a) She is mad at Father Rentería.
(b) She has rheumatism.
(c) She no longer believes in God.
(d) She is going blind.
14. Why does Susana want Justina to leave?
(a) Because Justina is crying.
(b) Because Susana is afraid of her.
(c) Because don Pedro wants Justina to leave.
(d) Because Justina is praying.
15. Where do don Pedro and Fulgor send Susana's father?
(a) To the seminary.
(b) To Contla.
(c) To Sayula.
(d) To the La Andromeda mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damiana hear that reminds her of the Devil?
2. What is Dorotea's nickname?
3. What does Abundio want from don Pedro?
4. What sin does Father Rentería's first penitent of the day confess?
5. What month does Susana's mother die in?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)