|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the people who come from Apango bring ocote pine and oak mulch?
(a) They are buying it in Comala.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) It is stolen by brigands.
(d) It gets wet from the rain.
2. What does don Pedro and Susana do together when they are young?
(a) Catch insects.
(b) Write poems.
(c) Draw pictures.
(d) Swim together in the river.
3. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
(b) One thousand pesos.
(c) A house..
(d) A horse.
4. What does Justina buy in the marketplace?
(a) A crucifix.
(c) A rosary.
5. Where is don Pedro's lawyer moving to?
(b) The Media Luna ranch.
(c) Eduviges' house.
6. What happens to Miguel's mother?
(a) She is killed by revolutionaries.
(b) She runs off with another man.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She becomes a nun.
7. Who does Damiana think is knocking on her wall?
(a) Don Pedro.
(c) San Pascual.
(d) Florencio's ghost.
8. What is Dorotea's nickname?
(b) La Cuarraca.
(c) La Bruja.
9. What does Abundio want from don Pedro?
(a) Money to bury his wife.
(b) A job.
(c) A place to live.
10. What happens right before don Pedro's death that finally empties the town of men?
(a) There is a flood.
(b) There is a drought.
(c) There is an earthquake.
(d) The Cristeros War breaks out.
11. Who owns the store that Abundio goes into?
(d) Don Pedro.
12. When Justina is in the marketplace, what is her complaint?
(a) That there are too many people around.
(b) That she sees ghosts.
(c) That she misses Susana.
(d) Everything costs too much.
13. Who does don Pedro consider the leader of the revolutionaries?
(d) El Tilcuate.
14. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
15. Why doesn't anyone come to mourn for Susana's mother after her death?
(a) The priest tells everyone not to visit.
(b) People think the house is cursed.
(c) No one likes her mother.
(d) They are afraid of getting sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the mine where Bartolomé sends Susana?
2. Why does El Tilcuate want to disband his men?
3. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
4. What are the people who come from Apango doing in Comala?
5. What sin does Father Rentería's first penitent of the day confess?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)