|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person in line at confession in Comala?
2. After learning what has happened to Miguel, what does don Pedro order to be done?
(a) Everyone in the family must confess.
(b) They must get a new priest.
(c) Everyone in the town must wear black.
(d) Miguel's horse be killed.
3. Who comes to comfort Susana after she learns of her father's death?
(a) Miguel's ghost.
(c) Don Pedro.
(d) Father Rentería.
4. How does Abundio's wife die?
(c) From complications after childbirth.
(d) She is murdered.
5. What does don Pedro do to the man who remembers don Pedro's death from his grave?
(a) He makes him deaf.
(b) He cuts off his nose.
(c) He leaves him lame.
(d) He kills him.
6. What does don Pedro do to memorialize Susana's death?
(a) Writes her a eulogy.
(b) Tells the town that everyone must wear black.
(c) Orders all the bells to ring.
(d) Stops eating.
7. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
8. Who does Fulgor think Miguel has been with?
9. Who do the women in the town see going to Media Luna?
(a) Doctor Valencia.
(d) Father Rentería.
10. What does don Pedro initially think that happens to his son?
(a) That he turns into a ghost.
(b) That he commits suicide.
(c) That he runs away.
(d) That someone kills him.
11. What does Dorotea say Susana does, "even when she is alive"?
(a) She talks to herself.
(b) She gives people blessings.
(c) She tells the future.
(d) She is unhappy.
12. What does Susana ask Justina if she is killed?
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her cat.
13. What are the people who come from Apango doing in Comala?
(a) Starting war.
(b) Selling things.
(c) Robbing graves.
(d) Going to a funeral.
14. Who comes down from Apango?
(d) Susana's family.
15. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
(a) She is late.
(b) She kills someone.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is telling lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the people who come from Apango bring ocote pine and oak mulch?
2. What does Bartolomé do with don Pedro's letters to Susana?
3. What words does Father Rentería want Susana to repeat?
4. What is all that Susana wants of Florencio after his death?
5. What does Susana's mother die of?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)