|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abundio's wife die?
(c) From complications after childbirth.
(d) She is murdered.
2. When Justina is in the marketplace, what is her complaint?
(a) That she sees ghosts.
(b) Everything costs too much.
(c) That she misses Susana.
(d) That there are too many people around.
3. Why can't Bartolomé's body be brought back to be buried?
(a) He is cremated.
(b) He is too disfigured.
(c) No one can find the body.
(d) It is too far away.
4. What is don Pedro doing when Damiana sees him through her window?
(c) Sneaking into a young girl's room.
(d) Killing a man.
5. How much money does don Pedro offer to the revolutionaries?
(a) A thousand pesos.
(b) A hundred thousand pesos.
(c) A hundred pesos.
(d) He offers them nothing.
6. How long does don Pedro wait for Susana's return?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) One hundred days.
7. Why does Susana tell Justina she can't leave?
(a) Because no one loves her like she does.
(b) Because she is cursed.
(c) Because she owes her money.
(d) Because she has nowhere else to go.
8. What does Dorotea say Susana does, "even when she is alive"?
(a) She is unhappy.
(b) She talks to herself.
(c) She gives people blessings.
(d) She tells the future.
9. How does Fulgor try to deal with the accusations of murder against Miguel?
(a) He tries to bribe the dead man's wife.
(b) He tells Miguel to confess.
(c) He turns Miguel in to the authorities.
(d) He says he does it.
10. Who owns the store that Abundio goes into?
(b) Don Pedro.
11. What do the revolutionaries get tired of?
(a) The number of casualties.
(b) Losing battles.
(c) Eating meat.
(d) Missing mass.
12. What does Susana ask Justina if she is killed?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her cat.
13. What is all that Susana wants of Florencio after his death?
(a) His house.
(b) His body.
(c) His soul.
(d) His money.
14. What does Damiana hear that reminds her of the Devil?
(b) Bulls bellowing.
(c) Susana moaning.
(d) The church bell.
15. Who does don Pedro consider the leader of the revolutionaries?
(a) El Tilcuate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only fruits that Father Rentería has been able to grow?
2. What does Susana tell Justina that she believes in?
3. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
4. Why does El Tilcuate want to disband his men?
5. Where do don Pedro and Fulgor send Susana's father?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)