|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damiana hear that reminds her of the Devil?
(b) Susana moaning.
(c) The church bell.
(d) Bulls bellowing.
2. Who comes to comfort Susana after she learns of her father's death?
(a) Don Pedro.
(c) Miguel's ghost.
(d) Father Rentería.
3. What is Dorotea's nickname?
(a) La Bruja.
(b) La Cuarraca.
4. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
(a) Her baby.
(b) Abundio's ghost.
(c) Don Pedro crying.
(d) Susana die.
5. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
(a) A house..
(b) One thousand pesos.
(d) A horse.
6. Where has Susana and her father been living?
(a) With Eduviges.
(b) In Contla.
(c) On the Media Luna ranch.
(d) At the La Andromeda mines.
7. What is the name of don Pedro's lawyer?
8. What do Father Rentería and his confessor say about all fruits that grow in Comala?
(a) They are the sweetest.
(b) They have no taste.
(c) They are bitter.
(d) They make people happy who eat them.
9. What happens right before don Pedro's death that finally empties the town of men?
(a) The Cristeros War breaks out.
(b) There is an earthquake.
(c) There is a flood.
(d) There is a drought.
10. How does Fulgor try to deal with the accusations of murder against Miguel?
(a) He turns Miguel in to the authorities.
(b) He tries to bribe the dead man's wife.
(c) He tells Miguel to confess.
(d) He says he does it.
11. Who does Justina think is in Susana's room?
(a) Fulgor Sedano.
(c) Don Pedro.
12. Where is don Pedro's lawyer moving to?
(a) Eduviges' house.
(b) The Media Luna ranch.
13. Why can't Bartolomé's body be brought back to be buried?
(a) He is too disfigured.
(b) No one can find the body.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) He is cremated.
14. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
(a) She kills someone.
(b) She is late.
(c) She is telling lies.
(d) She is drunk.
15. How much money does don Pedro offer to the revolutionaries?
(a) A thousand pesos.
(b) He offers them nothing.
(c) A hundred pesos.
(d) A hundred thousand pesos.
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning what has happened to Miguel, what does don Pedro order to be done?
2. What are the people who come from Apango doing in Comala?
3. When Justina is in the marketplace, what is her complaint?
4. What does don Pedro do to memorialize Susana's death?
5. Who does Fulgor think Miguel has been with?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)