|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dorotea come to Media Luna each morning?
(a) To work for Damiana.
(b) To take care of the horses.
(c) To see don Pedro.
(d) To beg for food.
2. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
(a) Susana die.
(b) Abundio's ghost.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Don Pedro crying.
3. What happens in Comala after Susana's death?
(a) Everyone has great financial success.
(b) Many babies are born.
(c) Everyone leaves.
(d) The rain stops.
4. What does Susana's mother always say?
(a) Good things come to those who wait.
(b) God never forgives, only people.
(c) You can count on God's mercy.
(d) Sinners never get to heaven.
5. What do Father Rentería and his confessor say about all fruits that grow in Comala?
(a) They have no taste.
(b) They are bitter.
(c) They are the sweetest.
(d) They make people happy who eat them.
6. Who comes down from Apango?
(a) Susana's family.
7. Who tells don Pedro that Fulgor is dead?
(a) El Tartamudo.
(c) Miguel's ghost.
8. What does don Pedro do to memorialize Susana's death?
(a) Stops eating.
(b) Tells the town that everyone must wear black.
(c) Writes her a eulogy.
(d) Orders all the bells to ring.
9. How does Fulgor try to deal with the accusations of murder against Miguel?
(a) He turns Miguel in to the authorities.
(b) He tells Miguel to confess.
(c) He says he does it.
(d) He tries to bribe the dead man's wife.
10. What does don Pedro initially think that happens to his son?
(a) That he runs away.
(b) That someone kills him.
(c) That he commits suicide.
(d) That he turns into a ghost.
11. What does don Pedro offer to El Tilcuate in exchange for his services as a mercenary?
(a) Fifty thousand pesos.
(c) A rancho in Puerta de Piedra.
(d) Media Luna.
12. What do the women in the town notice about Susana's window?
(a) Don Pedro is sneaking into it.
(b) It is covered with black crepe.
(c) It is dark.
(d) There is a light on in the room.
13. Who is the first person in line at confession in Comala?
14. How long does Justina take care of Susana?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Since she marries don Pedro.
(c) Since she turns eighteen.
(d) All of her life.
15. What are the people who come from Apango doing in Comala?
(a) Selling things.
(b) Going to a funeral.
(c) Robbing graves.
(d) Starting war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
2. Who kills Fulgor?
3. Who is supposedly killed El Tilcuate?
4. In what month does Susana die?
5. Why doesn't anyone come to mourn for Susana's mother after her death?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)