|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Susana want Justina to leave?
(a) Because Justina is crying.
(b) Because don Pedro wants Justina to leave.
(c) Because Susana is afraid of her.
(d) Because Justina is praying.
2. When Father Rentería returns from his walk, who does he learn is waiting for him?
(a) Women waiting to confess.
(b) Pedro Páramo.
(c) Damiana Cisneros.
(d) The tax-collector.
3. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
(a) His rosary.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Lost letters to her mother.
(d) A map.
4. Where do don Pedro and Fulgor send Susana's father?
(a) To Contla.
(b) To the La Andromeda mines.
(c) To Sayula.
(d) To the seminary.
5. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
(a) Make him become a priest.
(b) Give him to Eduviges to raise.
(c) Give him to Dolores to raise.
(d) Kill him.
6. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
(a) She is telling lies.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She kills someone.
(d) She is late.
7. What does Susana's mother die of?
(d) Old age.
8. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
(a) A horse.
(b) One thousand pesos.
(c) A house..
9. What is all that Susana wants of Florencio after his death?
(a) His body.
(b) His soul.
(c) His money.
(d) His house.
10. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
(a) Her dead husband's ghost.
(b) Justina's cat.
(c) The rain.
(d) Bad dreams.
11. How long does don Pedro wait for Susana's return?
(a) One hundred days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) One year.
12. Where does Father Rentería go on his walk after Miguel's death?
(a) Miguel's grave.
(b) The Media Luna ranch.
(c) The home of his parents.
13. What does don Pedro tell the revolutionaries who come asking for money?
(a) To give up the fight.
(b) To find some women to bed.
(c) To ask God for forgiveness.
(d) To raid a nearby town.
14. How many men is El Tilcuate fighting with?
(a) Four thousand.
(c) Seven hundred.
15. Why don't the people who come from Apango bring ocote pine and oak mulch?
(a) It gets wet from the rain.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) They are buying it in Comala.
(d) It is stolen by brigands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorotea carry around with her?
2. What is don Pedro doing when Damiana sees him through her window?
3. Why does El Tilcuate want to disband his men?
4. Who tells don Pedro that Fulgor is dead?
5. Who tells don Pedro that El Tilcuate is killed?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)