|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
2. What is the name of Susana's servant?
3. How does Father Rentería's confessor suggest the priest deals with sin in Comala?
(a) By asking everyone to give more money to the church.
(b) By forgiving everyone.
(c) By being hard and merciless.
(d) By bringing in an additional priest.
4. Why does Dorotea come to Media Luna each morning?
(a) To take care of the horses.
(b) To see don Pedro.
(c) To work for Damiana.
(d) To beg for food.
5. What happens right before don Pedro's death that finally empties the town of men?
(a) The Cristeros War breaks out.
(b) There is an earthquake.
(c) There is a drought.
(d) There is a flood.
6. When does Miguel first begin having girls procured for him?
(a) When he is sick with the measles.
(b) After he loses a bet.
(c) On his 13th birthday.
(d) After Fulgor encourages him to have women.
7. When is don Lucas killed?
(a) Feast Day of San Miguel.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) San Cristobal's Day.
8. What sin does Father Rentería's first penitent of the day confess?
(a) She has lustful thoughts.
(b) She steals from her sister.
(c) She helps find girls for Miguel.
(d) She is unfaithful to her husband.
9. When Father Rentería returns from his walk, who does he learn is waiting for him?
(a) Women waiting to confess.
(b) Damiana Cisneros.
(c) The tax-collector.
(d) Pedro Páramo.
10. What does don Pedro do to the man who remembers don Pedro's death from his grave?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He makes him deaf.
(c) He cuts off his nose.
(d) He leaves him lame.
11. What are the only fruits that Father Rentería has been able to grow?
(a) Oranges and guavas.
(b) Guavas and figs.
(c) Limes and oranges.
(d) Strawberries and dates.
12. Who does Damiana think is knocking on her wall?
(a) San Pascual.
(c) Florencio's ghost.
(d) Don Pedro.
13. How does Fulgor try to deal with the accusations of murder against Miguel?
(a) He tells Miguel to confess.
(b) He says he does it.
(c) He turns Miguel in to the authorities.
(d) He tries to bribe the dead man's wife.
14. What is Justina doing as Susana talks to her?
(c) Cleaning up Susana's room.
15. What does don Pedro do to memorialize Susana's death?
(a) Tells the town that everyone must wear black.
(b) Writes her a eulogy.
(c) Stops eating.
(d) Orders all the bells to ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does El Tilcuate want to disband his men?
2. How long does don Pedro wait for Susana's return?
3. What is the name of don Pedro's lawyer?
4. What does Dorotea say Susana does, "even when she is alive"?
5. Why does Susana tell Justina she can't leave?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)