|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Susana and her father been living?
(a) In Contla.
(b) At the La Andromeda mines.
(c) On the Media Luna ranch.
(d) With Eduviges.
2. What is don Lucas doing when he is killed?
(a) Visiting his sister.
(b) Going to a funeral.
(c) Attending a wedding.
(d) Looking for a new horse.
3. When is don Lucas killed?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) San Cristobal's Day.
(d) Feast Day of San Miguel.
4. What is the name of Susana's servant?
5. Who does don Pedro consider the leader of the revolutionaries?
(d) El Tilcuate.
6. What does Dorotea carry around with her?
(a) A bouquet of dead flowers.
(b) A rag doll.
(c) A bundle of clothes to look like a baby.
(d) A crucifix.
7. Who is supposedly killed El Tilcuate?
(a) The Villistas.
(c) His own men.
8. What is don Pedro going to do with his papers since his lawyer won't take them?
(a) Give them to Father Rentería.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Publish them.
(d) Bury them.
9. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
(a) Make him become a priest.
(b) Give him to Eduviges to raise.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Give him to Dolores to raise.
10. What does Susana's mother always say?
(a) You can count on God's mercy.
(b) Sinners never get to heaven.
(c) Good things come to those who wait.
(d) God never forgives, only people.
11. Who tells don Pedro that El Tilcuate is killed?
(b) Florencio's ghost.
12. Who kills Fulgor?
(c) Father Rentería.
13. What is the name of don Pedro's lawyer?
14. Why does Susana tell Justina she can't leave?
(a) Because she has nowhere else to go.
(b) Because she is cursed.
(c) Because she owes her money.
(d) Because no one loves her like she does.
15. How does Abundio's wife die?
(c) She is murdered.
(d) From complications after childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does don Pedro initially think that happens to his son?
2. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
3. What happens to Miguel's mother?
4. What does Susana ask Justina if she is killed?
5. How long does Justina take care of Susana?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)