|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Father Rentería's confessor suggest the priest deals with sin in Comala?
(a) By bringing in an additional priest.
(b) By asking everyone to give more money to the church.
(c) By being hard and merciless.
(d) By forgiving everyone.
2. Who is the shot that kills don Lucas intended for?
(a) His sister.
(b) The groom at the wedding.
(c) His son.
(d) The man selling him a horse.
3. When Justina is in the marketplace, what is her complaint?
(a) That she sees ghosts.
(b) That she misses Susana.
(c) Everything costs too much.
(d) That there are too many people around.
4. When Father Rentería returns from his walk, who does he learn is waiting for him?
(a) Damiana Cisneros.
(b) The tax-collector.
(c) Pedro Páramo.
(d) Women waiting to confess.
5. Who tells don Pedro that Susana is back in town?
(b) Fulgor Sedano.
(d) Father Rentería.
6. What does Susana's mother die of?
(b) Old age.
7. Who tells don Pedro that Fulgor is dead?
(b) El Tartamudo.
(c) Miguel's ghost.
8. How many men does don Pedro offer to assist the revolution?
(a) Three hundred.
(d) One hundred.
9. What is don Lucas doing when he is killed?
(a) Visiting his sister.
(b) Going to a funeral.
(c) Looking for a new horse.
(d) Attending a wedding.
10. Who does Damiana think is knocking on her wall?
(a) Florencio's ghost.
(b) San Pascual.
(d) Don Pedro.
11. Who tells don Pedro that El Tilcuate is killed?
(c) Florencio's ghost.
12. In what month does Susana die?
13. What do the women in the town notice about Susana's window?
(a) There is a light on in the room.
(b) Don Pedro is sneaking into it.
(c) It is covered with black crepe.
(d) It is dark.
14. Who kills Fulgor?
(a) Father Rentería.
15. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
(a) Don Pedro crying.
(b) Her baby.
(c) Abundio's ghost.
(d) Susana die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Susana and her father been living?
2. Who does Justina think is in Susana's room?
3. Why can't Bartolomé's body be brought back to be buried?
4. What do Father Rentería and his confessor say about all fruits that grow in Comala?
5. What does don Pedro offer to El Tilcuate in exchange for his services as a mercenary?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)