|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does don Pedro summon to see him in order to discuss the revolution?
(a) Father Rentería.
(c) El Tilcuate.
2. Who tells don Pedro that Susana is back in town?
(b) Father Rentería.
(d) Fulgor Sedano.
3. Who does don Pedro consider the leader of the revolutionaries?
(b) El Tilcuate.
4. What is don Pedro going to do with his papers since his lawyer won't take them?
(a) Publish them.
(b) Bury them.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Give them to Father Rentería.
5. What month does Susana's mother die in?
6. Why can't Bartolomé's body be brought back to be buried?
(a) It is too far away.
(b) No one can find the body.
(c) He is too disfigured.
(d) He is cremated.
7. How long does Justina take care of Susana?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Since she turns eighteen.
(c) All of her life.
(d) Since she marries don Pedro.
8. Who comes down from Apango?
(d) Susana's family.
9. Who does Damiana think is knocking on her wall?
(b) San Pascual.
(c) Don Pedro.
(d) Florencio's ghost.
10. What does Father Rentería do after Susana's death?
(a) Repents of his sins.
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Goes searching for a wife.
(d) Joins the revolution.
11. What does Susana tell Justina that she believes in?
12. Who tells don Pedro that Fulgor is dead?
(a) El Tartamudo.
(b) Miguel's ghost.
13. When Justina is in the marketplace, what is her complaint?
(a) Everything costs too much.
(b) That she sees ghosts.
(c) That she misses Susana.
(d) That there are too many people around.
14. What does Bartolomé do with don Pedro's letters to Susana?
(a) He answers them in Susana's name.
(b) He buries them.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He tears them up.
15. What does don Pedro offer to El Tilcuate in exchange for his services as a mercenary?
(a) Media Luna.
(b) A rancho in Puerta de Piedra.
(c) Fifty thousand pesos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Susana tell Justina she can't leave?
2. What sin does Father Rentería's first penitent of the day confess?
3. What is the name of don Pedro's lawyer?
4. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
5. Where does Father Rentería go on his walk after Miguel's death?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)