|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Father Rentería's confessor suggest the priest deals with sin in Comala?
(a) By being hard and merciless.
(b) By asking everyone to give more money to the church.
(c) By forgiving everyone.
(d) By bringing in an additional priest.
2. What month does Susana's mother die in?
3. What does Bartolomé do with don Pedro's letters to Susana?
(a) He tears them up.
(b) He burns them.
(c) He buries them.
(d) He answers them in Susana's name.
4. Who does Justina think is in Susana's room?
(a) Fulgor Sedano.
(b) Don Pedro.
5. Why don't the women want Susana to die?
(a) Because they fear her ghost.
(b) Because it will sadden don Pedro.
(c) Because they care for her.
(d) Because it will ruin their Christmas plans.
6. What is don Pedro going to do with his papers since his lawyer won't take them?
(a) Publish them.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Give them to Father Rentería.
(d) Bury them.
7. What does Father Rentería do after Susana's death?
(a) Goes searching for a wife.
(b) Joins the revolution.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Repents of his sins.
8. Who does don Pedro consider the leader of the revolutionaries?
(b) El Tilcuate.
9. When is don Lucas killed?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Feast Day of San Miguel.
(c) San Cristobal's Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
10. What words does Father Rentería want Susana to repeat?
(a) "God forgive me."
(b) The "Our Father".
(c) "My mouth is filled with earth."
(d) "I am a sinner."
11. What do the revolutionaries get tired of?
(a) The number of casualties.
(b) Losing battles.
(c) Missing mass.
(d) Eating meat.
12. What are the people who come from Apango doing in Comala?
(a) Starting war.
(b) Robbing graves.
(c) Selling things.
(d) Going to a funeral.
13. What does don Pedro offer to El Tilcuate in exchange for his services as a mercenary?
(a) Media Luna.
(b) A rancho in Puerta de Piedra.
(d) Fifty thousand pesos.
14. Why does Dorotea come to Media Luna each morning?
(a) To take care of the horses.
(b) To work for Damiana.
(c) To beg for food.
(d) To see don Pedro.
15. What do Father Rentería and his confessor say about all fruits that grow in Comala?
(a) They are bitter.
(b) They are the sweetest.
(c) They have no taste.
(d) They make people happy who eat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposedly killed El Tilcuate?
2. How long does don Pedro wait for Susana's return?
3. Why does Susana tell Justina she can't leave?
4. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
5. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)