|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Justina is in the marketplace, what is her complaint?
(a) Everything costs too much.
(b) That she sees ghosts.
(c) That there are too many people around.
(d) That she misses Susana.
2. What is Damiana's excuse for not having made a novena in so long?
(a) She is mad at Father Rentería.
(b) She is going blind.
(c) She has rheumatism.
(d) She no longer believes in God.
3. What does Father Rentería do after Susana's death?
(a) Joins the revolution.
(b) Goes searching for a wife.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Repents of his sins.
4. How many men is El Tilcuate fighting with?
(b) Seven hundred.
(c) Four thousand.
5. How many men does don Pedro offer to assist the revolution?
(a) Three hundred.
(c) One hundred.
6. What is in the mine where Bartolomé sends Susana?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A dead cat.
7. What does Bartolomé do with don Pedro's letters to Susana?
(a) He answers them in Susana's name.
(b) He tears them up.
(c) He buries them.
(d) He burns them.
8. How does Father Rentería's confessor suggest the priest deals with sin in Comala?
(a) By forgiving everyone.
(b) By being hard and merciless.
(c) By asking everyone to give more money to the church.
(d) By bringing in an additional priest.
9. Who do the women in the town see going to Media Luna?
(a) Doctor Valencia.
(d) Father Rentería.
10. Where has Susana and her father been living?
(a) At the La Andromeda mines.
(b) On the Media Luna ranch.
(c) With Eduviges.
(d) In Contla.
11. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
12. What do the women in the town notice about Susana's window?
(a) It is dark.
(b) Don Pedro is sneaking into it.
(c) It is covered with black crepe.
(d) There is a light on in the room.
13. Who tells don Pedro that El Tilcuate is killed?
(d) Florencio's ghost.
14. What are the only fruits that Father Rentería has been able to grow?
(a) Guavas and figs.
(b) Oranges and guavas.
(c) Strawberries and dates.
(d) Limes and oranges.
15. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
(a) Give him to Eduviges to raise.
(b) Give him to Dolores to raise.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Make him become a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
2. When is don Lucas killed?
3. Where is don Pedro's lawyer moving to?
4. Why doesn't anyone come to mourn for Susana's mother after her death?
5. What is don Pedro doing when Damiana sees him through her window?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)