|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Susana want Justina to leave?
(a) Because Justina is crying.
(b) Because don Pedro wants Justina to leave.
(c) Because Susana is afraid of her.
(d) Because Justina is praying.
2. How many men does don Pedro offer to assist the revolution?
(a) Three hundred.
(d) One hundred.
3. What does Dorotea carry around with her?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) A bouquet of dead flowers.
(c) A bundle of clothes to look like a baby.
(d) A crucifix.
4. Who is the shot that kills don Lucas intended for?
(a) His son.
(b) His sister.
(c) The man selling him a horse.
(d) The groom at the wedding.
5. In what town is don Lucas, don Pedro's father, killed?
6. When is don Lucas killed?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Feast Day of San Miguel.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) San Cristobal's Day.
7. Who does don Pedro summon to see him in order to discuss the revolution?
(a) Father Rentería.
(c) El Tilcuate.
8. What happens in Comala after Susana's death?
(a) The rain stops.
(b) Everyone leaves.
(c) Many babies are born.
(d) Everyone has great financial success.
9. What does Justina buy in the marketplace?
(a) A rosary.
(c) A crucifix.
10. Who comes down from Apango?
(c) Susana's family.
11. What does Damiana hear that reminds her of the Devil?
(b) The church bell.
(c) Bulls bellowing.
(d) Susana moaning.
12. Who owns the store that Abundio goes into?
(a) Don Pedro.
13. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
14. What is in the mine where Bartolomé sends Susana?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) A skeleton.
15. How does Father Rentería's confessor suggest the priest deals with sin in Comala?
(a) By forgiving everyone.
(b) By asking everyone to give more money to the church.
(c) By being hard and merciless.
(d) By bringing in an additional priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes to Comala after Susana's death?
2. In what month does Susana die?
3. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
4. What is all that Susana wants of Florencio after his death?
5. What sin does Father Rentería's first penitent of the day confess?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)