|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the women want Susana to die?
(a) Because they fear her ghost.
(b) Because it will sadden don Pedro.
(c) Because it will ruin their Christmas plans.
(d) Because they care for her.
2. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
3. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
(b) A house..
(c) One thousand pesos.
(d) A horse.
4. Why does Susana tell Justina she can't leave?
(a) Because she has nowhere else to go.
(b) Because she is cursed.
(c) Because she owes her money.
(d) Because no one loves her like she does.
5. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
(a) Abundio's ghost.
(b) Susana die.
(c) Don Pedro crying.
(d) Her baby.
6. What do Father Rentería and his confessor say about all fruits that grow in Comala?
(a) They have no taste.
(b) They are bitter.
(c) They are the sweetest.
(d) They make people happy who eat them.
7. Who is supposedly killed El Tilcuate?
(c) His own men.
(d) The Villistas.
8. What is all that Susana wants of Florencio after his death?
(a) His body.
(b) His soul.
(c) His money.
(d) His house.
9. How long does don Pedro wait for Susana's return?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) One hundred days.
(d) Thirty years.
10. Why does Dorotea come to Media Luna each morning?
(a) To beg for food.
(b) To see don Pedro.
(c) To take care of the horses.
(d) To work for Damiana.
11. What words does Father Rentería want Susana to repeat?
(a) "My mouth is filled with earth."
(b) "God forgive me."
(c) The "Our Father".
(d) "I am a sinner."
12. What does Bartolomé do with don Pedro's letters to Susana?
(a) He buries them.
(b) He burns them.
(c) He tears them up.
(d) He answers them in Susana's name.
13. Who does don Pedro summon to see him in order to discuss the revolution?
(a) El Tilcuate.
(b) Father Rentería.
14. When is don Lucas killed?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) San Cristobal's Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Feast Day of San Miguel.
15. Who tells don Pedro that El Tilcuate is killed?
(a) Florencio's ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to comfort Susana after she learns of her father's death?
2. Who comes down from Apango?
3. How long does Justina take care of Susana?
4. What happens right before don Pedro's death that finally empties the town of men?
5. What does Susana ask Justina if she is killed?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)