|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Justina doing as Susana talks to her?
(d) Cleaning up Susana's room.
2. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
(a) A horse.
(c) A house..
(d) One thousand pesos.
3. Who is the first person in line at confession in Comala?
4. Why does Susana want Justina to leave?
(a) Because Susana is afraid of her.
(b) Because Justina is crying.
(c) Because Justina is praying.
(d) Because don Pedro wants Justina to leave.
5. When is don Lucas killed?
(a) San Cristobal's Day.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Feast Day of San Miguel.
(d) New Year's Eve.
6. Where do don Pedro and Fulgor send Susana's father?
(a) To Sayula.
(b) To the La Andromeda mines.
(c) To Contla.
(d) To the seminary.
7. What do the women in the town notice about Susana's window?
(a) It is dark.
(b) Don Pedro is sneaking into it.
(c) It is covered with black crepe.
(d) There is a light on in the room.
8. Who kills Fulgor?
(b) Father Rentería.
9. How long does don Pedro wait for Susana's return?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One hundred days.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) One year.
10. Who tells don Pedro that Susana is back in town?
(b) Father Rentería.
(c) Fulgor Sedano.
11. What is Damiana's excuse for not having made a novena in so long?
(a) She is going blind.
(b) She is mad at Father Rentería.
(c) She no longer believes in God.
(d) She has rheumatism.
12. What are the only fruits that Father Rentería has been able to grow?
(a) Oranges and guavas.
(b) Guavas and figs.
(c) Strawberries and dates.
(d) Limes and oranges.
13. Who comes down from Apango?
(b) Susana's family.
14. What does Dorotea say Susana does, "even when she is alive"?
(a) She talks to herself.
(b) She is unhappy.
(c) She gives people blessings.
(d) She tells the future.
15. Where is don Pedro's lawyer moving to?
(b) Eduviges' house.
(c) The Media Luna ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone come to mourn for Susana's mother after her death?
2. How much money does don Pedro offer to the revolutionaries?
3. What is the name of don Pedro's lawyer?
4. Why does El Tilcuate want to disband his men?
5. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)