|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the women in the town see going to Media Luna?
(c) Doctor Valencia.
(d) Father Rentería.
2. What are the people who come from Apango doing in Comala?
(a) Starting war.
(b) Going to a funeral.
(c) Selling things.
(d) Robbing graves.
3. Who does Damiana think is knocking on her wall?
(a) Don Pedro.
(b) San Pascual.
(c) Florencio's ghost.
4. What is the name of don Pedro's lawyer?
5. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
(a) Her dead husband's ghost.
(b) The rain.
(c) Bad dreams.
(d) Justina's cat.
6. How does Fulgor try to deal with the accusations of murder against Miguel?
(a) He tells Miguel to confess.
(b) He tries to bribe the dead man's wife.
(c) He turns Miguel in to the authorities.
(d) He says he does it.
7. What does Bartolomé do with don Pedro's letters to Susana?
(a) He burns them.
(b) He answers them in Susana's name.
(c) He tears them up.
(d) He buries them.
8. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She is telling lies.
(c) She kills someone.
(d) She is late.
9. Why does Susana want Justina to leave?
(a) Because Susana is afraid of her.
(b) Because don Pedro wants Justina to leave.
(c) Because Justina is praying.
(d) Because Justina is crying.
10. Who is supposedly killed El Tilcuate?
(b) The Villistas.
(c) His own men.
11. How does Father Rentería's confessor suggest the priest deals with sin in Comala?
(a) By forgiving everyone.
(b) By bringing in an additional priest.
(c) By asking everyone to give more money to the church.
(d) By being hard and merciless.
12. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
(b) A house..
(c) A horse.
(d) One thousand pesos.
13. What are the only fruits that Father Rentería has been able to grow?
(a) Strawberries and dates.
(b) Oranges and guavas.
(c) Guavas and figs.
(d) Limes and oranges.
14. Who tells don Pedro that Fulgor is dead?
(c) Miguel's ghost.
(d) El Tartamudo.
15. What does don Pedro do to the man who remembers don Pedro's death from his grave?
(a) He cuts off his nose.
(b) He makes him deaf.
(c) He leaves him lame.
(d) He kills him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does don Pedro wait for Susana's return?
2. What do the women in the town notice about Susana's window?
3. What does don Pedro tell the revolutionaries who come asking for money?
4. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
5. Who kills Fulgor?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)