|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to comfort Susana after she learns of her father's death?
(a) Miguel's ghost.
(b) Don Pedro.
(d) Father Rentería.
2. What is all that Susana wants of Florencio after his death?
(a) His house.
(b) His money.
(c) His body.
(d) His soul.
3. How many men is El Tilcuate fighting with?
(b) Four thousand.
(d) Seven hundred.
4. How does Father Rentería's confessor suggest the priest deals with sin in Comala?
(a) By forgiving everyone.
(b) By asking everyone to give more money to the church.
(c) By bringing in an additional priest.
(d) By being hard and merciless.
5. Who does Justina think is in Susana's room?
(b) Fulgor Sedano.
(d) Don Pedro.
6. What does don Pedro tell the revolutionaries who come asking for money?
(a) To give up the fight.
(b) To raid a nearby town.
(c) To find some women to bed.
(d) To ask God for forgiveness.
7. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
(a) Don Pedro crying.
(b) Abundio's ghost.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Susana die.
8. How much money does don Pedro offer to the revolutionaries?
(a) A hundred thousand pesos.
(b) He offers them nothing.
(c) A thousand pesos.
(d) A hundred pesos.
9. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
(a) The rain.
(b) Her dead husband's ghost.
(c) Justina's cat.
(d) Bad dreams.
10. Who comes down from Apango?
(d) Susana's family.
11. What does don Pedro do to memorialize Susana's death?
(a) Stops eating.
(b) Writes her a eulogy.
(c) Orders all the bells to ring.
(d) Tells the town that everyone must wear black.
12. What does don Pedro offer to El Tilcuate in exchange for his services as a mercenary?
(a) Media Luna.
(b) A rancho in Puerta de Piedra.
(c) Fifty thousand pesos.
13. What do the women in the town notice about Susana's window?
(a) There is a light on in the room.
(b) Don Pedro is sneaking into it.
(c) It is dark.
(d) It is covered with black crepe.
14. Why does Susana want Justina to leave?
(a) Because Susana is afraid of her.
(b) Because don Pedro wants Justina to leave.
(c) Because Justina is praying.
(d) Because Justina is crying.
15. Why does Dorotea come to Media Luna each morning?
(a) To beg for food.
(b) To take care of the horses.
(c) To work for Damiana.
(d) To see don Pedro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Father Rentería scold his first penitent of the day?
2. What does Bartolomé do with don Pedro's letters to Susana?
3. Why doesn't anyone come to mourn for Susana's mother after her death?
4. Who tells don Pedro that Fulgor is dead?
5. When Father Rentería returns from his walk, who does he learn is waiting for him?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)