|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town is don Lucas, don Pedro's father, killed?
2. What words does Father Rentería want Susana to repeat?
(a) The "Our Father".
(b) "I am a sinner."
(c) "God forgive me."
(d) "My mouth is filled with earth."
3. What does Bartolomé do with don Pedro's letters to Susana?
(a) He answers them in Susana's name.
(b) He burns them.
(c) He buries them.
(d) He tears them up.
4. Why don't the women want Susana to die?
(a) Because it will ruin their Christmas plans.
(b) Because they care for her.
(c) Because it will sadden don Pedro.
(d) Because they fear her ghost.
5. In what month does Susana die?
6. What does Father Rentería do after Susana's death?
(a) Joins the revolution.
(b) Repents of his sins.
(c) Goes searching for a wife.
(d) Kills himself.
7. Who do the women in the town see going to Media Luna?
(b) Father Rentería.
(c) Doctor Valencia.
8. Why does Susana want Justina to leave?
(a) Because Justina is praying.
(b) Because Justina is crying.
(c) Because Susana is afraid of her.
(d) Because don Pedro wants Justina to leave.
9. Why does Susana tell Justina she can't leave?
(a) Because no one loves her like she does.
(b) Because she owes her money.
(c) Because she has nowhere else to go.
(d) Because she is cursed.
10. Who is the first person in line at confession in Comala?
11. What does don Pedro initially think that happens to his son?
(a) That someone kills him.
(b) That he commits suicide.
(c) That he turns into a ghost.
(d) That he runs away.
12. What does Dorotea carry around with her?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) A bouquet of dead flowers.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A bundle of clothes to look like a baby.
13. Who kills Fulgor?
(d) Father Rentería.
14. What does Justina buy in the marketplace?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A rosary.
15. Why does El Tilcuate want to disband his men?
(a) Peace is declared.
(b) He wants to retire.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
2. What is don Pedro going to do with his papers since his lawyer won't take them?
3. What do the revolutionaries get tired of?
4. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
5. How does Abundio's wife die?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)