|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of don Pedro's lawyer?
2. Who tells don Pedro that El Tilcuate is killed?
(d) Florencio's ghost.
3. What is the name of Susana's dead husband?
4. What does don Pedro give the lawyer for his troubles?
(a) A horse.
(b) A house..
(c) One thousand pesos.
5. Why don't the people who come from Apango bring ocote pine and oak mulch?
(a) It gets wet from the rain.
(b) It is stolen by brigands.
(c) They are buying it in Comala.
(d) It is too expensive.
6. What does don Pedro do to the man who remembers don Pedro's death from his grave?
(a) He cuts off his nose.
(b) He leaves him lame.
(c) He makes him deaf.
(d) He kills him.
7. How long does Justina take care of Susana?
(a) Since she turns eighteen.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) All of her life.
(d) Since she marries don Pedro.
8. What does don Pedro do to memorialize Susana's death?
(a) Stops eating.
(b) Tells the town that everyone must wear black.
(c) Orders all the bells to ring.
(d) Writes her a eulogy.
9. Who is the shot that kills don Lucas intended for?
(a) His son.
(b) The groom at the wedding.
(c) His sister.
(d) The man selling him a horse.
10. What does Susana tell Justina that she believes in?
11. After learning what has happened to Miguel, what does don Pedro order to be done?
(a) They must get a new priest.
(b) Everyone in the family must confess.
(c) Everyone in the town must wear black.
(d) Miguel's horse be killed.
12. Who do the women in the town see going to Media Luna?
(a) Doctor Valencia.
(d) Father Rentería.
13. What does Susana's mother die of?
(d) Old age.
14. Who comes to comfort Susana after she learns of her father's death?
(b) Miguel's ghost.
(c) Father Rentería.
(d) Don Pedro.
15. Why does Susana tell Justina she can't leave?
(a) Because no one loves her like she does.
(b) Because she has nowhere else to go.
(c) Because she is cursed.
(d) Because she owes her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
2. What happens to Miguel's mother?
3. What does Susana think is keeping her awake?
4. What is Dorotea's nickname?
5. Where has Susana and her father been living?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)