|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorotea say Susana does, "even when she is alive"?
(a) She tells the future.
(b) She is unhappy.
(c) She gives people blessings.
(d) She talks to herself.
2. What is the name of don Pedro's lawyer?
3. What is in the mine where Bartolomé sends Susana?
(a) A dead cat.
(c) A skeleton.
4. Where does Father Rentería go on his walk after Miguel's death?
(a) The Media Luna ranch.
(b) The home of his parents.
(c) Miguel's grave.
5. What does Dorotea tell Juan she sees?
(a) Don Pedro crying.
(b) Susana die.
(c) Abundio's ghost.
(d) Her baby.
6. What does Bartolomé want Susana to find in the grave?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Lost letters to her mother.
(c) His rosary.
(d) A map.
7. In what town is don Lucas, don Pedro's father, killed?
8. When is don Lucas killed?
(a) San Cristobal's Day.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Feast Day of San Miguel.
9. Who does Damiana think is knocking on her wall?
(a) Florencio's ghost.
(b) San Pascual.
(c) Don Pedro.
10. What is Damiana's excuse for not having made a novena in so long?
(a) She no longer believes in God.
(b) She is going blind.
(c) She has rheumatism.
(d) She is mad at Father Rentería.
11. What words does Father Rentería want Susana to repeat?
(a) "I am a sinner."
(b) "God forgive me."
(c) The "Our Father".
(d) "My mouth is filled with earth."
12. Where has Susana and her father been living?
(a) On the Media Luna ranch.
(b) At the La Andromeda mines.
(c) With Eduviges.
(d) In Contla.
13. Who is supposedly killed El Tilcuate?
(a) His own men.
(d) The Villistas.
14. Who is the first person in line at confession in Comala?
15. What does don Pedro tell the revolutionaries who come asking for money?
(a) To ask God for forgiveness.
(b) To give up the fight.
(c) To raid a nearby town.
(d) To find some women to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone come to mourn for Susana's mother after her death?
2. What does don Pedro initially think that happens to his son?
3. In what month does Susana die?
4. What does Pedro initially tell Father Rentería to do with Miguel when he is a baby?
5. How much money does don Pedro offer to the revolutionaries?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)