|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Father Rentería suggest that María Dyada try to get redemption for her sister?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Join the revolution.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Pay for Gregorian masses.
2. What is sitting next to Juan when he wakes up?
(a) A sack of money.
(b) A cat.
(c) A jug of coffee.
(d) A book of poetry.
3. What place are the people who are lost looking for when they stop by the home of the man and the woman?
(a) The closest church.
(b) Los Confines.
(c) Media Luna Ranch.
4. What is Osorio's other talent?
(a) He is a gifted blacksmith.
(b) He is a good cook.
(c) He is a conjurer.
(d) He can speak seven languages.
5. What does Father Rentería do in order to help himself go to sleep?
(a) He counts sheep.
(b) He recites the names of the saints.
(c) He drinks hot milk.
(d) He takes a warm bath.
6. What does the woman tell Juan to drink?
(a) Her tears.
(b) Hot chocolate.
(c) Orange-blossom tea.
7. What is the name of the shopkeeper?
(a) Eduviges Dyada.
(b) Damiana Cisneros.
(c) Justina Díaz.
(d) Doña Inés Villalpando.
8. Who sleeps next to Pedro on his wedding night?
(a) Damiana Cisneros.
9. When Fulgor Sedano visits don Pedro for the second time, how many black bows are hanging on his door?
10. When Juan awakes, where does the woman say that Donis goes?
(a) To find a lost calf.
(b) To go to mass.
(c) To go to a fiesta.
(d) To kill himself.
11. Who tells Eduviges that Juan is coming to town?
(c) Don Pedro.
(d) His mother.
12. Where is Miguel's spirit been seen in the first days after his death?
(a) At Eduviges' house.
(b) In Contla at the home of his lady friend.
(c) In the sky.
(d) At Media Luna.
13. How does Abundio go deaf?
(a) It is a result of a childhood illness.
(b) He is shot by a revolutionary.
(c) A rocket goes off near his head.
(d) He is burned.
14. How long have the man and woman been in Comala?
(a) Two months.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) They are born there.
(d) Six years.
15. What do Juan and the burro driver have in common?
(a) They have the same mother.
(b) They are in love with the same woman.
(c) They both are miners.
(d) They have the same father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the priest hate Miguel?
2. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
3. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
4. What is the last thing that Juan sees before he dies?
5. What is the official charge against Toribio Aldrete?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)