|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Juan buried?
(a) With his mother.
(b) At the Media Luna ranch.
(c) With Dorotea.
(d) In an unmarked grave in the desert.
2. What is Inocencio's job at the Media Luna ranch?
(a) He administers the real estate.
(b) He tends to the sick.
(c) He is a custodian.
(d) He breaks horses.
3. Why do the men who carry Miguel's coffin complaining after his burial?
(a) They are hungry.
(b) They aren't paid for their efforts.
(c) They all are in love with the same woman.
(d) They are in physical pain.
4. Why does Juan Preciado come to Comala?
(a) To find his father.
(b) To bury his mother.
(c) To purchase land.
(d) To find a wife.
5. What is sitting next to Juan when he wakes up?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A sack of money.
(c) A jug of coffee.
(d) A cat.
6. What makes Ana unsure of who rapes her?
(a) Her uncle threatens her not to tell who it is.
(b) She can't see her attacker's face.
(c) She is told it is two different people.
(d) She doesn't remember the incident.
7. What is Damiana's sister's name?
8. What is Inocencio Osorio's nickname?
9. What promise does Dolorita and Eduviges make to each other?
(a) To pay off each others' debt.
(b) To die together.
(c) To write each other every day.
(d) To never marry.
10. What does the burro driver tell Juan is "a plague that takes over a person's house the minute they leave"?
(b) Creosote bush.
11. How does Abundio go deaf?
(a) It is a result of a childhood illness.
(b) He is burned.
(c) He is shot by a revolutionary.
(d) A rocket goes off near his head.
12. What does Juan's tossing and turning remind the woman of?
(a) The first time the man sleeps with her.
(b) A sick animal.
(c) Her mother's illness.
(d) The way her brother sleeps.
13. What is the name of the shopkeeper?
(a) Damiana Cisneros.
(b) Doña Inés Villalpando.
(c) Justina Díaz.
(d) Eduviges Dyada.
14. What does the boy's mother want him to buy for her?
(a) A kettle.
(b) A new coat.
(c) Black taffeta and some aspirin.
15. Who does Chona's lover say he runs off with instead?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the room Juan sleeps in during his first night in Comala?
2. What is Galileo's wife's name?
3. What do Juan and the burro driver have in common?
4. Who tells Juan to go to Comala?
5. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)