|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Juan dies?
2. How many children are in Damiana's family?
3. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
(a) She wants to wait until her sister can attend the wedding.
(b) She is afraid to lose her virginity.
(c) She has a date with someone else.
(d) She is menstruating.
4. Why is don Pedro upset over Fulgor's arrangements for his marriage to Dolores?
(a) Fulgor doesn't ask for money.
(b) Dolores' sister is not there.
(c) Susana isn't invited.
(d) It is on a Sunday.
5. Whose wedding dress is Dolores invited to wear?
(a) Don Pedro's mother's.
(b) Her sister's.
6. Who finds Juan's body?
(d) Fulgor Sedano.
7. What is Galileo's wife's name?
8. What does the priest drink every night at suppertime?
(c) Hot chocolate.
9. Where is Juan's body found?
(a) At Eduviges' house.
(b) In his father's grave.
(c) At the Media Luna ranch.
(d) In the town plaza.
10. How does Damiana originally know Juan?
(a) She is his mother's best friend.
(b) She takes care of him when he is a baby.
(c) She is his girlfriend.
(d) She is his real mother.
11. How does Father Rentería suggest that María Dyada try to get redemption for her sister?
(a) Become a nun.
(b) Pay for Gregorian masses.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Join the revolution.
12. What is the name of the shopkeeper?
(a) Justina Díaz.
(b) Eduviges Dyada.
(c) Damiana Cisneros.
(d) Doña Inés Villalpando.
13. Why does Juan Preciado come to Comala?
(a) To find his father.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To purchase land.
(d) To bury his mother.
14. When Fulgor Sedano visits don Pedro for the second time, how many black bows are hanging on his door?
15. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
(a) To bring the mail.
(b) To teach the children.
(c) To settle minor legal disputes.
(d) To take care of the horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Inocencio Osorio's nickname?
2. What is in the room Juan sleeps in during his first night in Comala?
3. What does Galileo tell his brother-in-law he needs in order to pay off his debt?
4. Where is Doña Eduviges' house located?
5. Where does Juan tell the woman that he is headed?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)