|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
(a) To settle minor legal disputes.
(b) To teach the children.
(c) To take care of the horses.
(d) To bring the mail.
2. Where does Juan tell the woman that he is headed?
(a) Media Luna.
(b) Los Confines.
3. Why do the men who carry Miguel's coffin complaining after his burial?
(a) They are in physical pain.
(b) They aren't paid for their efforts.
(c) They all are in love with the same woman.
(d) They are hungry.
4. Who sleeps next to Pedro on his wedding night?
(c) Damiana Cisneros.
5. What happens to Juan's mother?
(a) She dies a week before he gets to Comala.
(b) She dies the day before he gets to Comala.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She dies the day before he gets to Comala.
6. What happens to Pedro's father?
(a) He joins the revolution.
(b) He decides to marry another woman.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He is killed.
7. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
(a) She has a date with someone else.
(b) She is afraid to lose her virginity.
(c) She is menstruating.
(d) She wants to wait until her sister can attend the wedding.
8. When Juan awakes, where does the woman say that Donis goes?
(a) To go to mass.
(b) To go to a fiesta.
(c) To kill himself.
(d) To find a lost calf.
9. Where does Dolores' sister live?
(b) The Media Luna ranch.
(c) Next to Eduviges in Comala.
10. What astronomical event occurs on the evening of Miguel's funeral?
(a) A meteor shower.
(b) An eclipse.
(c) A comet passes by.
(d) A full moon.
11. When Fulgor Sedano visits don Pedro for the second time, how many black bows are hanging on his door?
12. What does Rogelio asked young Pedro to do for him?
(a) Buy supplies.
(b) Find him a job.
(c) Watch his little boy.
(d) Build a coffin.
13. What is sitting next to Juan when he wakes up?
(a) A jug of coffee.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A cat.
(d) A sack of money.
14. Who finds Juan's body?
(b) Fulgor Sedano.
15. How long have the man and woman been in Comala?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six years.
(c) They are born there.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the burro driver tell Juan happens to don Pedro?
2. Whose wedding dress is Dolores invited to wear?
3. What does Miguel tell Ana about why he comes to her window?
4. What does Galileo tell his brother-in-law he needs in order to pay off his debt?
5. Where is Juan's body found?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)