|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Juan buried?
(a) At the Media Luna ranch.
(b) With Dorotea.
(c) With his mother.
(d) In an unmarked grave in the desert.
2. Who sleeps next to Pedro on his wedding night?
(c) Damiana Cisneros.
3. Where is Miguel's spirit been seen in the first days after his death?
(a) At Media Luna.
(b) In the sky.
(c) In Contla at the home of his lady friend.
(d) At Eduviges' house.
4. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
(a) To settle minor legal disputes.
(b) To teach the children.
(c) To take care of the horses.
(d) To bring the mail.
5. According to Damiana, what happens in the room Juan is staying in at Eduviges' house?
(a) It is infested with spiders.
(b) Someone is hanged there.
(c) His father dies there.
(d) He is born there.
6. Who is the old woman that comes into the house?
(a) The woman's sister.
(b) Juan's mother.
(d) Damiana Cisneros.
7. What is the last thing that Juan sees before he dies?
(a) Miguel's horse.
(b) An angel.
(c) Foamy clouds swirling above his head.
(d) His father.
8. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She begins to dance.
(b) She sings her favorite song.
(c) She faints.
(d) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
9. What sin is the woman guilty of?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Sleeping with her brother.
(d) Killing someone.
10. Where is Juan's body found?
(a) At Eduviges' house.
(b) In his father's grave.
(c) In the town plaza.
(d) At the Media Luna ranch.
11. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
(a) Because she is rich.
(b) Because of her eyes.
(c) Because she is so honest.
(d) Because she has borne him a son.
12. What does Eduviges want Juan to do before he goes to sleep?
(a) Find her missing horse.
(b) Clean her house.
(c) Eat something.
(d) Visit Media Luna.
13. Why does Juan Preciado come to Comala?
(a) To purchase land.
(b) To find his father.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To bury his mother.
14. What does the old woman get from under the bed while Donis and his sister are out of the house?
(a) Some love letters.
(b) Some sheets.
(c) A box of money.
(d) A dress.
15. What does Father Rentería do in order to help himself go to sleep?
(a) He recites the names of the saints.
(b) He takes a warm bath.
(c) He drinks hot milk.
(d) He counts sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
2. What is sitting next to Juan when he wakes up?
3. What is the official charge against Toribio Aldrete?
4. Who tells Eduviges that Juan is coming to town?
5. Who does don Pedro owe the most money to?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)