|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Pedro's father?
(a) He joins the revolution.
(b) He decides to marry another woman.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He disappears.
2. Where is Juan buried?
(a) At the Media Luna ranch.
(b) With his mother.
(c) With Dorotea.
(d) In an unmarked grave in the desert.
3. What is sitting next to Juan when he wakes up?
(a) A sack of money.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A jug of coffee.
(d) A cat.
4. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
(a) Because she has borne him a son.
(b) Because she is rich.
(c) Because of her eyes.
(d) Because she is so honest.
5. What is Damiana's sister's name?
6. What does the burro driver tell Juan happens to don Pedro?
(a) He owns the Media Luna ranch.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He is "living bile".
(d) He died years ago.
7. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She faints.
(b) She begins to dance.
(c) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(d) She sings her favorite song.
8. When Fulgor Sedano visits don Pedro for the second time, how many black bows are hanging on his door?
9. Where is Doña Eduviges' house located?
(a) In don Pedro's estate compound.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In Contla.
(d) Next to a bridge by the river.
10. What is Eduviges' house full of?
(b) Her paintings.
(c) Other people's things.
11. Who finds Juan's body?
(a) Fulgor Sedano.
12. Where does Juan tell the woman that he is headed?
(b) Media Luna.
(c) Los Confines.
13. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
(a) To bring the mail.
(b) To take care of the horses.
(c) To teach the children.
(d) To settle minor legal disputes.
14. Where is Juan's body found?
(a) At Eduviges' house.
(b) In his father's grave.
(c) In the town plaza.
(d) At the Media Luna ranch.
15. Why do the men who carry Miguel's coffin complaining after his burial?
(a) They are hungry.
(b) They are in physical pain.
(c) They all are in love with the same woman.
(d) They aren't paid for their efforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Juan awakes, where does the woman say that Donis goes?
2. What does the boy's mother want him to buy for her?
3. What makes Ana unsure of who rapes her?
4. What is Inocencio Osorio's nickname?
5. What does the medal around Eduviges' neck say?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)