|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Damiana's sister's name?
2. Where is Juan the day before he gets to Comala?
(b) The ocean.
(c) His mother's house.
3. What does the boy's mother want him to buy for her?
(a) Black taffeta and some aspirin.
(c) A new coat.
(d) A kettle.
4. Whose wedding dress is Dolores invited to wear?
(b) Her sister's.
(d) Don Pedro's mother's.
5. What is Inocencio Osorio's nickname?
6. What is Osorio's other talent?
(a) He is a gifted blacksmith.
(b) He can speak seven languages.
(c) He is a good cook.
(d) He is a conjurer.
7. Why does Juan Preciado come to Comala?
(a) To find his father.
(b) To bury his mother.
(c) To purchase land.
(d) To find a wife.
8. What is the official charge against Toribio Aldrete?
(c) Falsifying boundaries.
(d) Libelous comments.
9. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She begins to dance.
(b) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(c) She faints.
(d) She sings her favorite song.
10. Why are the women in the boy's house saying a novena?
(a) To mourn his grandfather's death.
(b) For all the pregnant women.
(c) To improve the boy's health.
(d) For financial prosperity.
11. Where is Juan's body found?
(a) At the Media Luna ranch.
(b) In the town plaza.
(c) In his father's grave.
(d) At Eduviges' house.
12. Who tells Juan where to stay while in Comala?
(a) Doña Eduviges.
(d) His mother.
13. How old is Damiana when her sister dies?
14. Who finds Juan's body?
(b) Fulgor Sedano.
15. How does Father Rentería suggest that María Dyada try to get redemption for her sister?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Join the revolution.
(c) Pay for Gregorian masses.
(d) Become a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Damiana originally know Juan?
2. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
3. Where does Juan tell the woman that he is headed?
4. At Miguel's funeral mass, what does the priest fail to do before leaving the church?
5. Who does don Pedro owe the most money to?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)