|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Miguel's spirit been seen in the first days after his death?
(a) At Eduviges' house.
(b) At Media Luna.
(c) In the sky.
(d) In Contla at the home of his lady friend.
2. What is the official charge against Toribio Aldrete?
(b) Falsifying boundaries.
(c) Libelous comments.
3. What does Juan think his mother dies of?
(d) A bad fall.
4. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
(a) To teach the children.
(b) To take care of the horses.
(c) To settle minor legal disputes.
(d) To bring the mail.
5. What does the boy's grandmother want him to do for her?
(a) Take care of the horses.
(b) Grind the chocolate.
(c) Shell the corn.
(d) Clean the house.
6. What do the man and the woman remember hearing Juan say?
(a) That he is a traveling musician.
(b) That he is a ghost.
(c) Something about his father.
(d) That he is indebted to a local landowner.
7. Who has the woman confessed her sin to?
(a) Juan's mother.
(b) A visiting bishop.
(d) Her sister.
8. How old is Damiana when her sister dies?
9. Why are the women in the boy's house saying a novena?
(a) To improve the boy's health.
(b) For all the pregnant women.
(c) For financial prosperity.
(d) To mourn his grandfather's death.
10. What sin is the woman guilty of?
(b) Killing someone.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Sleeping with her brother.
11. What place are the people who are lost looking for when they stop by the home of the man and the woman?
(a) Los Confines.
(b) Media Luna Ranch.
(c) The closest church.
12. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
(a) They don't have any money.
(b) They pay too much in tithes to the church.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) They have to pay for the boy's grandfather's funeral.
13. What does Father Rentería do in order to help himself go to sleep?
(a) He recites the names of the saints.
(b) He drinks hot milk.
(c) He counts sheep.
(d) He takes a warm bath.
14. Why is don Pedro upset over Fulgor's arrangements for his marriage to Dolores?
(a) Susana isn't invited.
(b) Dolores' sister is not there.
(c) It is on a Sunday.
(d) Fulgor doesn't ask for money.
15. What does the woman tell Juan to drink?
(a) Her tears.
(c) Orange-blossom tea.
(d) Hot chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
2. What is Damiana's sister's name?
3. What does don Pedro's father initially want to do with his son?
4. Who finds Juan's body?
5. How many children are in Damiana's family?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)