|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Fulgor wants to remember to tell don Pedro about his upcoming marriage?
(a) To buy a new suit.
(b) To have the judge put the property in joint ownership.
(c) To give Dolores money.
(d) To find a place to honeymoon.
2. What is Osorio's other talent?
(a) He can speak seven languages.
(b) He is a gifted blacksmith.
(c) He is a conjurer.
(d) He is a good cook.
3. What does Juan carry in his pocket to remind him of his mother?
(a) A photograph of her.
(b) A pressed flower.
(c) A scrap of her rebozo.
(d) A letter from her.
4. What is unusual about the man and woman that Juan meets in the ramshackle house?
(a) They are naked.
(b) They have horrible facial scars.
(c) They are identical twins.
(d) They can't speak.
5. How many children are in Damiana's family?
6. Where is Doña Eduviges' house located?
(a) In don Pedro's estate compound.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In Contla.
(d) Next to a bridge by the river.
7. What is Galileo's wife's name?
8. What is Eduviges' house full of?
(a) Other people's things.
(d) Her paintings.
9. What does the priest drink every night at suppertime?
(a) Hot chocolate.
10. What does don Pedro's father initially want to do with his son?
(a) Send him to the seminary.
(b) Give him up for adoption.
(c) Make him in charge of Media Luna.
(d) Kill him.
11. Who has the woman confessed her sin to?
(b) Her sister.
(c) A visiting bishop.
(d) Juan's mother.
12. What does the boy's mother say happens to him if he stays too long in the privy?
(a) A snake bites him.
(b) He disappears.
(c) The storm carries him away.
(d) He does not get dinner.
13. Who does don Pedro owe the most money to?
(a) The Preciado family.
(b) Father Rentería.
(c) Eduviges Dyada.
(d) His wife.
14. What does the burro driver tell Juan happens to don Pedro?
(a) He died years ago.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He owns the Media Luna ranch.
(d) He is "living bile".
15. Why is don Pedro upset over Fulgor's arrangements for his marriage to Dolores?
(a) Fulgor doesn't ask for money.
(b) It is on a Sunday.
(c) Susana isn't invited.
(d) Dolores' sister is not there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Chona run off with her lover?
2. What does the burro driver tell Juan is "a plague that takes over a person's house the minute they leave"?
3. What is the last thing that Juan sees before he dies?
4. What does Miguel tell Ana about why he comes to her window?
5. How long have the man and woman been in Comala?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)