|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dolores' sister live?
(a) Next to Eduviges in Comala.
(b) The Media Luna ranch.
2. Where does Juan first meet the burro driver?
(a) At the crossroads called Los Encuentros.
(b) At Dona Eduviges' house.
(c) At the Media Luna ranch.
(d) At Contla.
3. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(b) She begins to dance.
(c) She faints.
(d) She sings her favorite song.
4. What is Damiana's sister's name?
5. What does the burro driver tell Juan is "a plague that takes over a person's house the minute they leave"?
(c) Creosote bush.
6. What does the boy's mother say happens to him if he stays too long in the privy?
(a) He disappears.
(b) The storm carries him away.
(c) A snake bites him.
(d) He does not get dinner.
7. How does Abundio go deaf?
(a) He is shot by a revolutionary.
(b) A rocket goes off near his head.
(c) It is a result of a childhood illness.
(d) He is burned.
8. What does Juan's tossing and turning remind the woman of?
(a) A sick animal.
(b) Her mother's illness.
(c) The first time the man sleeps with her.
(d) The way her brother sleeps.
9. What is Inocencio Osorio's nickname?
10. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
(a) She has a date with someone else.
(b) She is menstruating.
(c) She wants to wait until her sister can attend the wedding.
(d) She is afraid to lose her virginity.
11. What does the medal around Eduviges' neck say?
(a) "Refuge of Sinners."
(b) "Go in Peace."
(c) "God bless you."
(d) "Heaven is a place of hope."
12. How long have the man and woman been in Comala?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six years.
(d) They are born there.
13. When Fulgor Sedano visits don Pedro for the second time, how many black bows are hanging on his door?
14. Why does Eduviges feel she must take care of Juan?
(a) Because she was friends with his mother.
(b) Because his mother told him he would be coming.
(c) Because he should have been her son.
(d) All answers are correct.
15. Who does Chona's lover say he runs off with instead?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Juan awakes, where does the woman say that Donis goes?
2. What is the earliest date that Dolores says she can be married?
3. Where is Juan buried?
4. What does Osorio tell Dolores she must not do on her wedding night?
5. What does the boy's grandmother want him to do for her?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)