|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is don Pedro upset over Fulgor's arrangements for his marriage to Dolores?
(a) It is on a Sunday.
(b) Susana isn't invited.
(c) Dolores' sister is not there.
(d) Fulgor doesn't ask for money.
2. What is the last thing that Juan sees before he dies?
(a) Foamy clouds swirling above his head.
(b) Miguel's horse.
(c) His father.
(d) An angel.
3. What is the name of the shopkeeper?
(a) Eduviges Dyada.
(b) Damiana Cisneros.
(c) Doña Inés Villalpando.
(d) Justina Díaz.
4. Who does Chona's lover say he runs off with instead?
5. What do Juan and the burro driver have in common?
(a) They are in love with the same woman.
(b) They both are miners.
(c) They have the same mother.
(d) They have the same father.
6. Who does don Pedro owe the most money to?
(a) Father Rentería.
(b) Eduviges Dyada.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Preciado family.
7. What month is it when Juan dies?
8. How does Damiana originally know Juan?
(a) She takes care of him when he is a baby.
(b) She is his mother's best friend.
(c) She is his real mother.
(d) She is his girlfriend.
9. Why do the men who carry Miguel's coffin complaining after his burial?
(a) They all are in love with the same woman.
(b) They aren't paid for their efforts.
(c) They are hungry.
(d) They are in physical pain.
10. What does Juan think his mother dies of?
(b) A bad fall.
11. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
(a) They have to pay for the boy's grandfather's funeral.
(b) They don't have any money.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) They pay too much in tithes to the church.
12. What does the boy's mother say happens to him if he stays too long in the privy?
(a) A snake bites him.
(b) The storm carries him away.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He does not get dinner.
13. What is Osorio's other talent?
(a) He can speak seven languages.
(b) He is a gifted blacksmith.
(c) He is a conjurer.
(d) He is a good cook.
14. What does Juan's tossing and turning remind the woman of?
(a) A sick animal.
(b) Her mother's illness.
(c) The way her brother sleeps.
(d) The first time the man sleeps with her.
15. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
(a) She is menstruating.
(b) She wants to wait until her sister can attend the wedding.
(c) She has a date with someone else.
(d) She is afraid to lose her virginity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ana's uncle taught her about forgiveness?
2. What makes Ana unsure of who rapes her?
3. How does Abundio go deaf?
4. Why can't Chona run off with her lover?
5. When Fulgor Sedano visits don Pedro for the second time, how many black bows are hanging on his door?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)