|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miguel tell Ana about why he comes to her window?
(a) He says he has come to ask forgiveness.
(b) He asks if her can live with her family.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He wants to borrow money.
2. What is the name of the shopkeeper?
(a) Doña Inés Villalpando.
(b) Justina Díaz.
(c) Damiana Cisneros.
(d) Eduviges Dyada.
3. When Juan awakes, where does the woman say that Donis goes?
(a) To go to mass.
(b) To find a lost calf.
(c) To go to a fiesta.
(d) To kill himself.
4. Who finds Juan's body?
(d) Fulgor Sedano.
5. What does the woman think Juan does?
(a) Leaves his wife.
(b) Finds a new home.
(c) Loses his mother.
(d) Kills a lot of people.
6. How does Dolores say she will tell her sister about her upcoming wedding?
(a) She does not want to tell her about it.
(b) She will have Eduviges tell her.
(c) She will send a message to her in her dreams.
(d) She will send her a letter.
7. What is the earliest date that Dolores says she can be married?
(a) April 8.
(b) October 31.
(c) December 25.
(d) May 1.
8. Why are the women in the boy's house saying a novena?
(a) To improve the boy's health.
(b) For financial prosperity.
(c) For all the pregnant women.
(d) To mourn his grandfather's death.
9. How does Abundio go deaf?
(a) He is burned.
(b) It is a result of a childhood illness.
(c) He is shot by a revolutionary.
(d) A rocket goes off near his head.
10. What makes Ana unsure of who rapes her?
(a) Her uncle threatens her not to tell who it is.
(b) She doesn't remember the incident.
(c) She can't see her attacker's face.
(d) She is told it is two different people.
11. What does the old woman get from under the bed while Donis and his sister are out of the house?
(a) Some sheets.
(b) Some love letters.
(c) A dress.
(d) A box of money.
12. Why does the priest hate Miguel?
(a) He murders his brother.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He insults people and has no respect for anyone.
(d) He rapes his niece.
13. At Miguel's funeral mass, what does the priest fail to do before leaving the church?
(a) Bless himself.
(b) Offer the final benediction.
(c) Hear confessions.
(d) Lock the doors.
14. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
(a) Because of her eyes.
(b) Because she has borne him a son.
(c) Because she is so honest.
(d) Because she is rich.
15. What is the last thing that Juan sees before he dies?
(a) Foamy clouds swirling above his head.
(b) An angel.
(c) Miguel's horse.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan think his mother dies of?
2. What is Abundio's main job in Comala?
3. Why does Juan Preciado come to Comala?
4. Where is Juan the day before he gets to Comala?
5. Who has the woman confessed her sin to?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)