|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men who carry Miguel's coffin complaining after his burial?
(a) They are hungry.
(b) They are in physical pain.
(c) They aren't paid for their efforts.
(d) They all are in love with the same woman.
2. Who is the old woman that comes into the house?
(b) The woman's sister.
(c) Juan's mother.
(d) Damiana Cisneros.
3. Why is don Pedro upset over Fulgor's arrangements for his marriage to Dolores?
(a) Susana isn't invited.
(b) It is on a Sunday.
(c) Fulgor doesn't ask for money.
(d) Dolores' sister is not there.
4. Why does Juan Preciado come to Comala?
(a) To find his father.
(b) To purchase land.
(c) To bury his mother.
(d) To find a wife.
5. What does Juan think his mother dies of?
(c) A bad fall.
6. Why can't Chona run off with her lover?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is in love with don Pedro.
(c) Her father is ill.
(d) She has too much debt.
7. What is sitting next to Juan when he wakes up?
(a) A cat.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A jug of coffee.
(d) A sack of money.
8. What does the medal around Eduviges' neck say?
(a) "Go in Peace."
(b) "Refuge of Sinners."
(c) "God bless you."
(d) "Heaven is a place of hope."
9. At Miguel's funeral mass, what does the priest fail to do before leaving the church?
(a) Lock the doors.
(b) Bless himself.
(c) Offer the final benediction.
(d) Hear confessions.
10. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She begins to dance.
(b) She sings her favorite song.
(c) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(d) She faints.
11. What does Damiana say she hears "night after night"?
(a) Her sister and her brother-in-law making love.
(c) A fiesta at Media Luna.
(d) Juan's cries.
12. Why does the priest hate Miguel?
(a) He insults people and has no respect for anyone.
(b) He murders his brother.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He rapes his niece.
13. Who sleeps next to Pedro on his wedding night?
(c) Damiana Cisneros.
14. What is it that Fulgor wants to remember to tell don Pedro about his upcoming marriage?
(a) To have the judge put the property in joint ownership.
(b) To buy a new suit.
(c) To give Dolores money.
(d) To find a place to honeymoon.
15. Who finds Juan's body?
(c) Fulgor Sedano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan's tossing and turning remind the woman of?
2. How long have the man and woman been in Comala?
3. What happens to Juan's mother?
4. What does the priest drink every night at suppertime?
5. Where is Doña Eduviges' house located?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)