|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Juan's mother?
(a) She dies a week before he gets to Comala.
(b) She dies the day before he gets to Comala.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She dies the day before he gets to Comala.
2. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(b) She begins to dance.
(c) She sings her favorite song.
(d) She faints.
3. Why are the women in the boy's house saying a novena?
(a) For all the pregnant women.
(b) To mourn his grandfather's death.
(c) To improve the boy's health.
(d) For financial prosperity.
4. What is Inocencio Osorio's nickname?
5. Who tells Juan where to stay while in Comala?
(a) His mother.
(b) Doña Eduviges.
6. How many children are in Damiana's family?
7. What does Juan think his mother dies of?
(d) A bad fall.
8. How does Damiana originally know Juan?
(a) She takes care of him when he is a baby.
(b) She is his mother's best friend.
(c) She is his girlfriend.
(d) She is his real mother.
9. How does Abundio go deaf?
(a) He is burned.
(b) He is shot by a revolutionary.
(c) It is a result of a childhood illness.
(d) A rocket goes off near his head.
10. What is the earliest date that Dolores says she can be married?
(a) April 8.
(b) October 31.
(c) December 25.
(d) May 1.
11. Why does Eduviges feel she must take care of Juan?
(a) Because his mother told him he would be coming.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Because she was friends with his mother.
(d) Because he should have been her son.
12. What does don Pedro's father initially want to do with his son?
(a) Make him in charge of Media Luna.
(b) Send him to the seminary.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Give him up for adoption.
13. What is Galileo's wife's name?
14. What does the burro driver tell Juan is "a plague that takes over a person's house the minute they leave"?
(a) Creosote bush.
15. What is Damiana's sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miguel tell Ana about why he comes to her window?
2. What does the woman think Juan does?
3. What is unusual about the man and woman that Juan meets in the ramshackle house?
4. What place are the people who are lost looking for when they stop by the home of the man and the woman?
5. When Fulgor Sedano visits don Pedro for the second time, how many black bows are hanging on his door?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)