|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Osorio tell Dolores she must not do on her wedding night?
(b) Go to church.
(c) Wear white.
(d) Lie with a man.
2. What does the priest drink every night at suppertime?
(a) Hot chocolate.
3. Who tells Eduviges that Juan is coming to town?
(b) His mother.
(d) Don Pedro.
4. Why are the women in the boy's house saying a novena?
(a) To improve the boy's health.
(b) For all the pregnant women.
(c) To mourn his grandfather's death.
(d) For financial prosperity.
5. What does Galileo tell his brother-in-law he needs in order to pay off his debt?
(a) A loan.
(b) To win the lottery.
(c) A good night of cards.
(d) A good corn crop.
6. What is the official charge against Toribio Aldrete?
(b) Falsifying boundaries.
(c) Libelous comments.
7. Why is don Pedro upset over Fulgor's arrangements for his marriage to Dolores?
(a) Dolores' sister is not there.
(b) Fulgor doesn't ask for money.
(c) It is on a Sunday.
(d) Susana isn't invited.
8. Where is Miguel's spirit been seen in the first days after his death?
(a) In the sky.
(b) At Media Luna.
(c) In Contla at the home of his lady friend.
(d) At Eduviges' house.
9. Where does Juan first meet the burro driver?
(a) At Contla.
(b) At the crossroads called Los Encuentros.
(c) At Dona Eduviges' house.
(d) At the Media Luna ranch.
10. What does Juan's tossing and turning remind the woman of?
(a) The way her brother sleeps.
(b) Her mother's illness.
(c) The first time the man sleeps with her.
(d) A sick animal.
11. Why can't Chona run off with her lover?
(a) Her father is ill.
(b) She has too much debt.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is in love with don Pedro.
12. What does the medal around Eduviges' neck say?
(a) "Go in Peace."
(b) "Refuge of Sinners."
(c) "God bless you."
(d) "Heaven is a place of hope."
13. Who does Chona's lover say he runs off with instead?
14. How many children are in Damiana's family?
15. What happens to Juan's mother?
(a) She dies the day before he gets to Comala.
(b) She dies a week before he gets to Comala.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She dies the day before he gets to Comala.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the priest hate Miguel?
2. What does the boy's mother say happens to him if he stays too long in the privy?
3. What does Eduviges want Juan to do before he goes to sleep?
4. Who has the woman confessed her sin to?
5. What is Osorio's other talent?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)