|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abundio go deaf?
(a) It is a result of a childhood illness.
(b) He is burned.
(c) A rocket goes off near his head.
(d) He is shot by a revolutionary.
2. Where is Juan planning on staying while in Comala?
(a) Doña Eduviges' house.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the burro driver's house.
(d) At the Media Luna ranch.
3. According to Damiana, what happens in the room Juan is staying in at Eduviges' house?
(a) Someone is hanged there.
(b) He is born there.
(c) It is infested with spiders.
(d) His father dies there.
4. Who does don Pedro owe the most money to?
(a) Father Rentería.
(b) His wife.
(c) The Preciado family.
(d) Eduviges Dyada.
5. Why does Juan Preciado come to Comala?
(a) To bury his mother.
(b) To find his father.
(c) To purchase land.
(d) To find a wife.
6. What makes Ana unsure of who rapes her?
(a) She is told it is two different people.
(b) She doesn't remember the incident.
(c) Her uncle threatens her not to tell who it is.
(d) She can't see her attacker's face.
7. What does the burro driver tell Juan happens to don Pedro?
(a) He owns the Media Luna ranch.
(b) He died years ago.
(c) He is "living bile".
(d) All answers are correct.
8. How many children are in Damiana's family?
9. What is unusual about the man and woman that Juan meets in the ramshackle house?
(a) They can't speak.
(b) They are identical twins.
(c) They have horrible facial scars.
(d) They are naked.
10. What does Eduviges want Juan to do before he goes to sleep?
(a) Eat something.
(b) Find her missing horse.
(c) Visit Media Luna.
(d) Clean her house.
11. Where is Juan's body found?
(a) In the town plaza.
(b) At Eduviges' house.
(c) At the Media Luna ranch.
(d) In his father's grave.
12. Who tells Juan to go to Comala?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) Pedro Páramo.
(d) Father Rentería.
13. Why does the priest hate Miguel?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) He rapes his niece.
(c) He murders his brother.
(d) He insults people and has no respect for anyone.
14. What is the name of the shopkeeper?
(a) Doña Inés Villalpando.
(b) Justina Díaz.
(c) Damiana Cisneros.
(d) Eduviges Dyada.
15. What does Miguel tell Ana about why he comes to her window?
(a) He asks if her can live with her family.
(b) He wants to borrow money.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He says he has come to ask forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the man and the woman remember hearing Juan say?
2. What is the earliest date that Dolores says she can be married?
3. What do Juan and the burro driver have in common?
4. Whose wedding dress is Dolores invited to wear?
5. What does Juan think his mother dies of?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)