|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the earliest date that Dolores says she can be married?
(a) December 25.
(b) October 31.
(c) April 8.
(d) May 1.
2. What sin is the woman guilty of?
(b) Stealing money.
(c) Sleeping with her brother.
(d) Killing someone.
3. According to Damiana, what happens in the room Juan is staying in at Eduviges' house?
(a) He is born there.
(b) Someone is hanged there.
(c) His father dies there.
(d) It is infested with spiders.
4. Who tells Juan where to stay while in Comala?
(a) His mother.
(c) Doña Eduviges.
5. What do the man and the woman remember hearing Juan say?
(a) That he is indebted to a local landowner.
(b) That he is a traveling musician.
(c) That he is a ghost.
(d) Something about his father.
6. Who tells Juan to go to Comala?
(a) Pedro Páramo.
(b) His mother.
(c) Father Rentería.
(d) His brother.
7. What does Juan's tossing and turning remind the woman of?
(a) Her mother's illness.
(b) The first time the man sleeps with her.
(c) A sick animal.
(d) The way her brother sleeps.
8. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She sings her favorite song.
(b) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(c) She begins to dance.
(d) She faints.
9. Where does Dolores' sister live?
(a) The Media Luna ranch.
(d) Next to Eduviges in Comala.
10. What does Galileo tell his brother-in-law he needs in order to pay off his debt?
(a) A loan.
(b) A good night of cards.
(c) To win the lottery.
(d) A good corn crop.
11. Why does Eduviges feel she must take care of Juan?
(a) Because he should have been her son.
(b) Because his mother told him he would be coming.
(c) Because she was friends with his mother.
(d) All answers are correct.
12. When Fulgor Sedano visits don Pedro for the second time, how many black bows are hanging on his door?
13. When Juan awakes, where does the woman say that Donis goes?
(a) To go to a fiesta.
(b) To find a lost calf.
(c) To kill himself.
(d) To go to mass.
14. Who sleeps next to Pedro on his wedding night?
(b) Damiana Cisneros.
15. What does the burro driver tell Juan is "a plague that takes over a person's house the minute they leave"?
(c) Creosote bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ana believe it is Miguel Páramo who rapes her?
2. What is in the room Juan sleeps in during his first night in Comala?
3. What does the burro driver tell Juan happens to don Pedro?
4. Who does don Pedro owe the most money to?
5. At Miguel's funeral mass, what does the priest fail to do before leaving the church?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)