|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin is the woman guilty of?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Sleeping with her brother.
(d) Killing someone.
2. What is the official charge against Toribio Aldrete?
(a) Falsifying boundaries.
(c) Libelous comments.
3. Who tells Juan where to stay while in Comala?
(b) Doña Eduviges.
(d) His mother.
4. How old is Damiana when her sister dies?
5. How does Damiana originally know Juan?
(a) She is his mother's best friend.
(b) She takes care of him when he is a baby.
(c) She is his girlfriend.
(d) She is his real mother.
6. How does Dolores say she will tell her sister about her upcoming wedding?
(a) She does not want to tell her about it.
(b) She will send a message to her in her dreams.
(c) She will have Eduviges tell her.
(d) She will send her a letter.
7. Who sleeps next to Pedro on his wedding night?
(b) Damiana Cisneros.
8. What does the burro driver tell Juan happens to don Pedro?
(a) He is "living bile".
(b) He owns the Media Luna ranch.
(c) He died years ago.
(d) All answers are correct.
9. Who is the old woman that comes into the house?
(a) Damiana Cisneros.
(b) Juan's mother.
(c) The woman's sister.
10. Why do the men who carry Miguel's coffin complaining after his burial?
(a) They aren't paid for their efforts.
(b) They are hungry.
(c) They all are in love with the same woman.
(d) They are in physical pain.
11. How many children are in Damiana's family?
12. What does Osorio tell Dolores she must not do on her wedding night?
(a) Lie with a man.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Wear white.
13. What is Galileo's wife's name?
14. What is unusual about the man and woman that Juan meets in the ramshackle house?
(a) They are naked.
(b) They can't speak.
(c) They have horrible facial scars.
(d) They are identical twins.
15. What is Eduviges' house full of?
(c) Her paintings.
(d) Other people's things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Eduviges that Juan is coming to town?
2. Where is Juan buried?
3. What is in the room Juan sleeps in during his first night in Comala?
4. Why does Eduviges feel she must take care of Juan?
5. Whose wedding dress is Dolores invited to wear?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)