|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dolores try to delay her wedding to Pedro?
(a) She wants to wait until her sister can attend the wedding.
(b) She is afraid to lose her virginity.
(c) She has a date with someone else.
(d) She is menstruating.
2. How many children are in Damiana's family?
3. What is the name of the shopkeeper?
(a) Damiana Cisneros.
(b) Justina Díaz.
(c) Doña Inés Villalpando.
(d) Eduviges Dyada.
4. What place are the people who are lost looking for when they stop by the home of the man and the woman?
(a) The closest church.
(c) Media Luna Ranch.
(d) Los Confines.
5. What does the boy's grandmother want him to do for her?
(a) Clean the house.
(b) Take care of the horses.
(c) Shell the corn.
(d) Grind the chocolate.
6. What does Juan think his mother dies of?
(b) A bad fall.
7. What does Osorio tell Dolores she must not do on her wedding night?
(b) Lie with a man.
(c) Wear white.
(d) Go to church.
8. At Miguel's funeral mass, what does the priest fail to do before leaving the church?
(a) Lock the doors.
(b) Bless himself.
(c) Offer the final benediction.
(d) Hear confessions.
9. Where does Juan first meet the burro driver?
(a) At Dona Eduviges' house.
(b) At the crossroads called Los Encuentros.
(c) At the Media Luna ranch.
(d) At Contla.
10. Why does Pedro say he loves Dolores?
(a) Because she is so honest.
(b) Because of her eyes.
(c) Because she is rich.
(d) Because she has borne him a son.
11. What does Damiana do when she happens upon a wake?
(a) She begins to dance.
(b) She recites "The Lord's Prayer".
(c) She sings her favorite song.
(d) She faints.
12. What does the burro driver tell Juan happens to don Pedro?
(a) He is "living bile".
(b) He owns the Media Luna ranch.
(c) He died years ago.
(d) All answers are correct.
13. Who tells Juan where to stay while in Comala?
(a) Doña Eduviges.
(d) His mother.
14. What does don Pedro's father initially want to do with his son?
(a) Send him to the seminary.
(b) Make him in charge of Media Luna.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Give him up for adoption.
15. What does the burro driver tell Juan is "a plague that takes over a person's house the minute they leave"?
(a) Creosote bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sleeps next to Pedro on his wedding night?
2. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
3. When Juan awakes, where does the woman say that Donis goes?
4. What is the earliest date that Dolores says she can be married?
5. What do the man and the woman remember hearing Juan say?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)