|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin is the woman guilty of?
(a) Sleeping with her brother.
(b) Stealing money.
(d) Killing someone.
2. Who finds Juan's body?
(d) Fulgor Sedano.
3. Where is Juan the day before he gets to Comala?
(b) The ocean.
(c) His mother's house.
4. How long have the man and woman been in Comala?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two months.
(c) They are born there.
(d) Six years.
5. What makes Ana unsure of who rapes her?
(a) She is told it is two different people.
(b) She can't see her attacker's face.
(c) She doesn't remember the incident.
(d) Her uncle threatens her not to tell who it is.
6. What does Father Rentería do in order to help himself go to sleep?
(a) He drinks hot milk.
(b) He counts sheep.
(c) He recites the names of the saints.
(d) He takes a warm bath.
7. Why are the women in the boy's house saying a novena?
(a) To improve the boy's health.
(b) To mourn his grandfather's death.
(c) For all the pregnant women.
(d) For financial prosperity.
8. Why can't the boy's family buy a new mill?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) They don't have any money.
(c) They pay too much in tithes to the church.
(d) They have to pay for the boy's grandfather's funeral.
9. What place are the people who are lost looking for when they stop by the home of the man and the woman?
(b) Media Luna Ranch.
(c) The closest church.
(d) Los Confines.
10. What is Eduviges' house full of?
(a) Other people's things.
(d) Her paintings.
11. What does Juan carry in his pocket to remind him of his mother?
(a) A photograph of her.
(b) A scrap of her rebozo.
(c) A pressed flower.
(d) A letter from her.
12. Why does Eduviges feel she must take care of Juan?
(a) Because he should have been her son.
(b) Because she was friends with his mother.
(c) Because his mother told him he would be coming.
(d) All answers are correct.
13. What is in the room Juan sleeps in during his first night in Comala?
(a) It is full of cats.
(b) It is full of candles.
(c) It has other people sleeping in it.
(d) It is completely empty.
14. Who does Chona's lover say he runs off with instead?
15. What astronomical event occurs on the evening of Miguel's funeral?
(a) A full moon.
(b) A meteor shower.
(c) An eclipse.
(d) A comet passes by.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dolores say she will tell her sister about her upcoming wedding?
2. What does Galileo tell his brother-in-law he needs in order to pay off his debt?
3. When Juan awakes, where does the woman say that Donis goes?
4. Where is Miguel's spirit been seen in the first days after his death?
5. Where does Juan tell the woman that he is headed?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)