1. What does Juan Preciado hope to accomplish by finding his father?
By finding his father, Juan expects to fulfill his promise to his mother by finding his father. He is not meant to ask him for anything, but just expects to "make him pay."
2. How is Comala different from how Juan's mother describes it?
Comala is different from how Juan's mother describes it because Dolores has nostalgic memories of her home as a beautiful place, but now the town is deserted.
3. Describe the road to Comala.
The road to Comala "rises or falls depending on whether you're coming or going." It goes downhill as you enter the town.
4. Why does Juan's mother hate having her picture taken?
Juan's mother hates having her picture taken because she believes that photographs are the work of witchcraft.
5. What does the burro driver tell Juan about how don Pedro treats women?
The burro driver says that while don Pedro owns much of the town, he gives nothing to the women he impregnates except for bringing the children he creates to be baptized.
This section contains 2,655 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)