|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roxana say Butch Cassidy died?
2. What Bible character does Reuben try to compare Jeremiah to, but Swede protests?
3. When is Birdie's birthday?
4. What does Swede put in Andreeson's gas tank?
5. What is Waltzer doing during Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Roxanna's mother die?
2. Why does Andreeson believe that Davy is in the Badlands?
3. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
4. Why does Roxanna say that Butch Cassidy died in 1936?
5. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
6. What does the posse find when they reach Waltzer's cabin?
7. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
8. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
9. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
10. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swede does not know that her father performs miracles until the time they elude state troopers searching for them. Discuss why Swede doesn't know about the miracles and how she responds when she learns about them. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why Dr. Nokes uses subterfuge to keep Reuben away from his father when Jeremiah has pneumonia.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Jeremiah frequently believes in things that seem to have no likelihood of happening. Discuss Jeremiah's faith using examples from the book.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)