|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room do Swede and Reuben sleep in at the Shultz's?
2. What is the name of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday?
3. When Reuben is finally allowed in Roxanna's barn, what does he do?
4. What does Reuben dream about when he falls asleep on the stairs in Chapter 19?
5. Where does legend say Butch Cassidy died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
2. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
3. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
4. How did Roxanna's mother die?
5. What happened two years ago that makes Andreeson believe that Jeremiah can lead him to Davy?
6. Why don't Reuben and Swede swear their oath to trust Roxanna in blood?
7. Why does Roxanna say that part of the Badlands is on fire?
8. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
9. What does Jape Waltzer look like?
10. Why does Andreeson believe that Davy is in the Badlands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reuben came into the world in a rather dramatic manner. Discuss why Reuben began life in a dangerous and romantic manner. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Reuben's asthma makes him feel, how he deals with the asthma, and how the asthma is treated.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between the DeCuellars and the Lands. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)