|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Plymouth begins missing, what town are the Lands near?
2. Who is the man who calls and tells Andreeson that he will show him the place where he dropped Davy off after giving him a ride?
3. What is Waltzer doing during Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
4. Where did Davy shave after his escape'?
5. How long has Sara lived with Waltzer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
2. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
3. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
4. What do the Shultzes say about Davy the night he came to their place?
5. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
6. Why doesn't Jeremiah stop to get gas at the end of Chapter 12?
7. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
8. Why don't Reuben and Swede swear their oath to trust Roxanna in blood?
9. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
10. What does the posse find when they reach Waltzer's cabin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Waltzer and Sara.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the
Essay Topic 2
Reuben came into the world in a rather dramatic manner. Discuss why Reuben began life in a dangerous and romantic manner. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss what prayer means to Jeremiah. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)