|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of horse does Davy ride when he gets Reuben for his second visit to the cabin?
2. Where did Sara come from?
3. In the obituary that Roxanna shows Reuben and Swede, what month did Cassidy die?
4. Who is Swede's favorite president?
5. What is the name of the Shultzes' hound dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jeremiah stop to get gas at the end of Chapter 12?
2. What happened two years ago that makes Andreeson believe that Jeremiah can lead him to Davy?
3. Why don't Reuben and Swede swear their oath to trust Roxanna in blood?
4. What do the Shultzes say about Davy the night he came to their place?
5. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
6. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
7. Why does Andreeson believe that Davy is in the Badlands?
8. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
9. Why does Roxanna say that part of the Badlands is on fire?
10. Why does Roxanna say that Butch Cassidy died in 1936?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Davy is arrested, Reuben says that "the whole thing was no less a tornado than the other" referring to a tornado Jeremiah experienced when he was in his twenties. Compare Jeremiah's tornado to the events after the shooting. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between the DeCuellars and the Lands. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Reuben came into the world in a rather dramatic manner. Discuss why Reuben began life in a dangerous and romantic manner. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)