|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
2. What type of car did August give Davy when he left the Shultz's?
3. What was the name of the business that Cassidy worked for as a sales representative according to the obituary Roxanna had?
4. What did Birdie fix Davy to eat when he came to their place?
5. What was in the car of the man who gave Davy a ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andreeson believe that Davy is in the Badlands?
2. What happened two years ago that makes Andreeson believe that Jeremiah can lead him to Davy?
3. What do the Lands and Roxanna eat during the picnic in the Badlands?
4. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
5. How does Swede's poem about Sunny end?
6. What does Reuben tell himself when nervously waiting for Davy in Chapter 17?
7. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
8. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
9. Why does Swede decide not to argue about going to bed at the Shultz's?
10. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of the book is taken from a hymn. Discuss how the hymn, "It is Well with My Soul," relates to the characters in the story.
Essay Topic 2
After Reuben earns money tearing down a corncrib, he has to decide how he will spend the money. Discuss how Reuben decides to spend his money and why he decides to spend it that way.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between the DeCuellars and the Lands. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)