|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Davy arrive at the Shultz's home?
2. What was in the car of the man who gave Davy a ride?
3. In the obituary that Roxanna shows to Reuben and Swede, how old was Cassidy when he died?
4. What is Waltzer doing during Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
5. Which painter does Swede think painted someone who looked like the devilish man Reuben saw in a dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
2. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
3. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
4. What does the posse find when they reach Waltzer's cabin?
5. How did Roxanna's mother die?
6. What do the Lands and Roxanna eat during the picnic in the Badlands?
7. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
8. Why does Roxanna say that part of the Badlands is on fire?
9. Why does Andreeson believe that Davy is in the Badlands?
10. Why does Roxanna Cawley keep goats in a bathroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the reactions of people to the shooting of Israel Fisher and Tommy Basca. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why Dr. Nokes uses subterfuge to keep Reuben away from his father when Jeremiah has pneumonia.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Because of a particularly bad asthma attack and his worries about his brother, Reuben seems to lose his faith. Discuss how and why Reuben loses and then regains his faith. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)