|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a man break when his horse goes down on a steep incline?
2. What Bible character does Swede compare Jeremiah to at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What does Birdie collect?
4. What is the name of the federal investigator who comes from Bismarck to look for Andreeson?
5. Where did Roxanna's father purchase a movie theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Shultzes say about Davy the night he came to their place?
2. Why does Roxanna Cawley keep goats in a bathroom?
3. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
4. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
5. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
6. Why does Andreeson believe that Davy is in the Badlands?
7. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
8. What does Reuben tell himself when nervously waiting for Davy in Chapter 17?
9. What does Jape Waltzer look like?
10. How did Roxanna's mother die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Reuben sees state troopers at gas stations, he begins to realize that someone is waging a war against his family. Discuss why a war is being waged against the Lands. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
After Reuben earns money tearing down a corncrib, he has to decide how he will spend the money. Discuss how Reuben decides to spend his money and why he decides to spend it that way.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the
Essay Topic 3
Because of a particularly bad asthma attack and his worries about his brother, Reuben seems to lose his faith. Discuss how and why Reuben loses and then regains his faith. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)