|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alias did Butch Cassidy tell Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard that he would be using in the future?
2. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
3. When the Plymouth begins missing, what town are the Lands near?
4. In the obituary that Roxanna shows Reuben and Swede, what month did Cassidy die?
5. What famous person did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard know?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
2. Why doesn't Jeremiah stop to get gas at the end of Chapter 12?
3. Why does Roxanna Cawley keep goats in a bathroom?
4. What do the Lands and Roxanna eat during the picnic in the Badlands?
5. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
6. How did Roxanna's mother die?
7. What does Reuben tell himself when nervously waiting for Davy in Chapter 17?
8. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
9. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
10. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the troubles between the Land family and Israel and Tommy and how they escalate. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why Dr. Nokes uses subterfuge to keep Reuben away from his father when Jeremiah has pneumonia.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Jeremiah frequently believes in things that seem to have no likelihood of happening. Discuss Jeremiah's faith using examples from the book.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)