|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Davy shave after his escape'?
2. How many fingers are missing from Waltzer's left hand?
3. Where did Roxanna's father purchase a movie theater?
4. What was the name of the business that Cassidy worked for as a sales representative according to the obituary Roxanna had?
5. What type of jacket is Davy wearing when Reuben sees him on a trail near Roxanna's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
2. Why doesn't Jeremiah stop to get gas at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What does the posse find when they reach Waltzer's cabin?
4. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
5. What do the Lands and Roxanna eat during the picnic in the Badlands?
6. Why does Swede decide not to argue about going to bed at the Shultz's?
7. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
8. What do the Shultzes say about Davy the night he came to their place?
9. What does Jape Waltzer look like?
10. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the troubles between the Land family and Israel and Tommy and how they escalate. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Extraordinary events occur frequently in the novel. Argue whether these events are miracles using examples from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Reuben's asthma makes him feel, how he deals with the asthma, and how the asthma is treated.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)