|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roxanna offer Reuben when he wakes with a fever in Chapter 18?
2. What food is cooked in a Dutch oven the first time that Reuben visits Davy at Waltzer's cabin?
3. How many fingers are missing from Waltzer's left hand?
4. What river do August and Reuben ride to in the morning after the Lands arrive?
5. What does a man break when his horse goes down on a steep incline?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roxanna say that part of the Badlands is on fire?
2. What does Reuben tell himself when nervously waiting for Davy in Chapter 17?
3. What does Jape Waltzer look like?
4. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
5. Why don't Reuben and Swede swear their oath to trust Roxanna in blood?
6. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
7. Why does Swede say that Andreeson would have had a hard time leaving Linton?
8. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
9. Describe Reuben's dream the first night the Lands stay at Roxanna's.
10. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the police respond when they learn about Swede's capture by Israel Fisher and Tommy Basca.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between the DeCuellars and the Lands. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Reuben and Swede believe about miracles using examples from the novel.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)