|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meat does Waltzer serve on Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
2. When Reuben goes with Davy in Chapter 17 and sees what might be Venus or Jupiter, what direction does he think they might be traveling?
3. Who is hurt when a posse goes to look for Andreeson, Waltzer, and Davy?
4. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
5. According the the obituary Roxanna had, where was Cassidy working when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
2. What does the posse find when they reach Waltzer's cabin?
3. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
4. Describe Reuben's dream the first night the Lands stay at Roxanna's.
5. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
6. How does Swede's poem about Sunny end?
7. What does Reuben tell himself when nervously waiting for Davy in Chapter 17?
8. Why does Roxanna Cawley keep goats in a bathroom?
9. Why doesn't Jeremiah stop to get gas at the end of Chapter 12?
10. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the mood of the book is positive or negative. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Because of a particularly bad asthma attack and his worries about his brother, Reuben seems to lose his faith. Discuss how and why Reuben loses and then regains his faith. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Waltzer and Sara.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)