|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swede call the moon when they picnic in the Badlands in January?
2. What is the name of the Shultzes' hound dog?
3. Who is hurt when a posse goes to look for Andreeson, Waltzer, and Davy?
4. What was Roxanna's great-uncle's occupation?
5. What do the Lands have for supper when parked in Linton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Roxanna's mother die?
2. What does Jape Waltzer look like?
3. What does the posse find when they reach Waltzer's cabin?
4. How does Swede's poem about Sunny end?
5. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
6. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
7. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
8. What do the Lands and Roxanna eat during the picnic in the Badlands?
9. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
10. Why does Roxanna say that part of the Badlands is on fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between the DeCuellars and the Lands. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
After Reuben earns money tearing down a corncrib, he has to decide how he will spend the money. Discuss how Reuben decides to spend his money and why he decides to spend it that way.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the
Essay Topic 3
The title of the book is taken from a hymn. Discuss how the hymn, "It is Well with My Soul," relates to the characters in the story.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)