|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car did August give Davy when he left the Shultz's?
2. What river do August and Reuben ride to in the morning after the Lands arrive?
3. What type of berries did Jeremiah's father grow when they had their homestead?
4. What alias did Butch Cassidy tell Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard that he would be using in the future?
5. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Shultzes say about Davy the night he came to their place?
2. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
3. Why does Roxanna say that part of the Badlands is on fire?
4. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
5. How does Swede's poem about Sunny end?
6. What does Reuben tell himself when nervously waiting for Davy in Chapter 17?
7. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
8. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
9. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
10. Why does Andreeson believe that Davy is in the Badlands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jeremiah frequently believes in things that seem to have no likelihood of happening. Discuss Jeremiah's faith using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss what prayer means to Jeremiah. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Reuben's asthma makes him feel, how he deals with the asthma, and how the asthma is treated.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)