|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is the Airstream trailer that Tin Lurvy leaves to Jeremiah in his will?
2. What instrument does Rev. Johnny Latt play?
3. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
4. Why does Davy get up early each morning?
5. What day does Reuben begin to tear down the corncrib?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
2. What happened to Dolly when she was in the locker room with Thomas and Israel?
3. Why did Jeremiah suddenly run inside the hospital?
4. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
5. Why doesn't Reuben get a good-bye kiss from Bethany?
6. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
7. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
8. After Reuben testifies, he and Swede decide to break Davy out of jail. Why are their plans to break Davy out of jail thwarted?
9. How did Davy escape?
10. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the reactions of people to the shooting of Israel Fisher and Tommy Basca. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Jeremiah frequently believes in things that seem to have no likelihood of happening. Discuss Jeremiah's faith using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
When Davy is arrested, Reuben says that "the whole thing was no less a tornado than the other" referring to a tornado Jeremiah experienced when he was in his twenties. Compare Jeremiah's tornado to the events after the shooting. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)