|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the skeleton Jeremiah studied in medical school?
2. What time does Stanley Basca testify that Davy came to the Finch's on the night of the shooting?
3. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
4. Who does Reuben talk to in the kitchen when Rev. Johnny Latt is preaching?
5. What type of bread does Mrs. Nokes often send the Lands when Davy is in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Dolly when she was in the locker room with Thomas and Israel?
2. What does Reuben hear and see when he gets up in the night at the Schultz's to use the outhouse?
3. What happened to Jeremiah when the tornado roared through?
4. What presents does Swede receive for her birthday?
5. After Reuben testifies, he and Swede decide to break Davy out of jail. Why are their plans to break Davy out of jail thwarted?
6. What does Reuben feel when he touches his dad during the revival service held by Rev. Johnny Latt?
7. Why did Jeremiah suddenly run inside the hospital?
8. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
9. How does Jeremiah get money to stock the Airstream with food?
10. Describe Mrs. DeCuellar.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why Dr. Nokes uses subterfuge to keep Reuben away from his father when Jeremiah has pneumonia.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
When Davy is arrested, Reuben says that "the whole thing was no less a tornado than the other" referring to a tornado Jeremiah experienced when he was in his twenties. Compare Jeremiah's tornado to the events after the shooting. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The title of the book is taken from a hymn. Discuss how the hymn, "It is Well with My Soul," relates to the characters in the story.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)