|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is August Shultz's place from Reuben's home?
2. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
3. Where does Lurvy say he had a delicious batch of clam chowder in Seatlle?
4. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
5. Where is Davy put in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
2. What does Reuben remember about the wedding of his father and Roxanna?
3. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
4. Why doesn't Reuben get a good-bye kiss from Bethany?
5. What does Reuben feel when he touches his dad during the revival service held by Rev. Johnny Latt?
6. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
7. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
8. How does Jeremiah get money to stock the Airstream with food?
9. What does the posse find when they reach Waltzer's cabin?
10. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the troubles between the Land family and Israel and Tommy and how they escalate. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
When Davy is arrested, Reuben says that "the whole thing was no less a tornado than the other" referring to a tornado Jeremiah experienced when he was in his twenties. Compare Jeremiah's tornado to the events after the shooting. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
After Reuben earns money tearing down a corncrib, he has to decide how he will spend the money. Discuss how Reuben decides to spend his money and why he decides to spend it that way.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the
This section contains 1,979 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)