|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book that Stube was reading the night that Davy escaped.
2. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
3. What do the Lands eat for supper on Swede's birthday?
4. How old was Jeremiah when he was caught by a tornado.
5. Whose birthday is on December 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Swede's sugar cookies sometimes unorthodox?
2. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
3. Where do the Lands go to hunt geese?
4. How does Jeremiah get money to stock the Airstream with food?
5. How did Davy escape?
6. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
7. Why doesn't Reuben get a good-bye kiss from Bethany?
8. What happens to Swede while Reuben and his father attend church?
9. What presents does Swede receive for her birthday?
10. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss what prayer means to Jeremiah. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
After Reuben earns money tearing down a corncrib, he has to decide how he will spend the money. Discuss how Reuben decides to spend his money and why he decides to spend it that way.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the reactions of people to the shooting of Israel Fisher and Tommy Basca. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)