Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tin Lurvy selling on Swede's birthday?
2. What song does Jeremiah hum after Reuben buys groceries with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
3. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
4. What day does Reuben begin to tear down the corncrib?
5. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley Basca tell that Davy did the night of the shooting?
2. After Reuben testifies, he and Swede decide to break Davy out of jail. Why are their plans to break Davy out of jail thwarted?
3. What type of verse does Swede write after Jeremiah and Roxanna marry?
4. What presents does Swede receive for her birthday?
5. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
6. Why does Reuben resent that Jeremiah healed Mr. Holgren?
7. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
8. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
9. How did Roxanna's mother die?
10. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the mood of the book is positive or negative. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
The title of the book is taken from a hymn. Discuss how the hymn, "It is Well with My Soul," relates to the characters in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Jeremiah frequently believes in things that seem to have no likelihood of happening. Discuss Jeremiah's faith using examples from the book.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)