|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does it cost to send a postcard in 1963?
2. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
3. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
4. Who is the judge who presides over Davy's trial?
5. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reuben resent that Jeremiah healed Mr. Holgren?
2. What does Reuben buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
3. Why doesn't Reuben get a good-bye kiss from Bethany?
4. What does Stanley Basca tell that Davy did the night of the shooting?
5. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
6. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
7. Where do the Lands go to hunt geese?
8. What happened to Jeremiah when the tornado roared through?
9. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
10. How does Jeremiah get money to stock the Airstream with food?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the mood of the book is positive or negative. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the reactions of people to the shooting of Israel Fisher and Tommy Basca. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Reuben's asthma makes him feel, how he deals with the asthma, and how the asthma is treated.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)