|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
2. Where was Lurvy when he became sick and needed an operation?
3. When do the Lands leave Roofing in the Airstream?
4. Where is Davy put in jail?
5. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
2. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
3. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
4. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
5. Why does Swede decide not to argue about going to bed at the Shultz's?
6. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
7. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
8. Describe Mrs. DeCuellar.
9. What do the Shultzes say about Davy the night he came to their place?
10. What happens to Swede while Reuben and his father attend church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swede does not know that her father performs miracles until the time they elude state troopers searching for them. Discuss why Swede doesn't know about the miracles and how she responds when she learns about them. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the troubles between the Land family and Israel and Tommy and how they escalate. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the police respond when they learn about Swede's capture by Israel Fisher and Tommy Basca.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 2,000 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)