|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Reuben born?
2. What color sweater does Reuben wear when he testifies at Davy's trial?
3. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
4. What does Reuben want to buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
5. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes occurred in Jeremiah's and Helen's lives after the tornado?
2. Where do the Lands go to hunt geese?
3. Where was Jeremiah Land when Reuben was born?
4. Who does Swede have rescue Sunny from the noose and why does that bother Reuben?
5. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
6. How do the Lands spend Christmas Eve in 1962?
7. What happened to Jeremiah when the tornado roared through?
8. What does Reuben hear and see when he gets up in the night at the Schultz's to use the outhouse?
9. Why did Jeremiah suddenly run inside the hospital?
10. What happened to Dolly when she was in the locker room with Thomas and Israel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Waltzer and Sara.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between the DeCuellars and the Lands. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Reuben's asthma makes him feel, how he deals with the asthma, and how the asthma is treated.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)