|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tin Lurvy selling on Swede's birthday?
2. What was the first name of the doctor who delivered Reuben?
3. How old is Reuben when he sees his father's third miracle?
4. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
5. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes occurred in Jeremiah's and Helen's lives after the tornado?
2. How did Davy escape?
3. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
4. What happens to Swede while Reuben and his father attend church?
5. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
6. Describe Mrs. DeCuellar.
7. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
8. How does Jeremiah get money to stock the Airstream with food?
9. How do the Lands spend Christmas Eve in 1962?
10. Who does Swede have rescue Sunny from the noose and why does that bother Reuben?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While testifying at Davy's trial, Reuben becomes self-confident and prideful. Discuss how and why pride overtakes Reuben when testifying at his brother's trial. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the troubles between the Land family and Israel and Tommy and how they escalate. Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Reuben's asthma makes him feel, how he deals with the asthma, and how the asthma is treated.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)