|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book that Stube was reading the night that Davy escaped.
2. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
3. What does Reuben see in a dream that wakes him after the goose hunt?
4. What is one of Swede's favorite authors?
5. What time does the sheriff come to tell the DeCuellars and Lands that Davy broke out of jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Lands spend Christmas Eve in 1962?
2. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
3. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
4. Why is Jeremiah fired from his job as janitor at the elementary school?
5. What does Reuben buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
6. Where was Jeremiah Land when Reuben was born?
7. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
8. What does Reuben feel when he touches his dad during the revival service held by Rev. Johnny Latt?
9. What does Stanley Basca tell that Davy did the night of the shooting?
10. Why does Reuben resent that Jeremiah healed Mr. Holgren?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what Reuben and Swede believe about miracles using examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Waltzer and Sara.
Support your statements with examples and quotes from the
Essay Topic 3
Extraordinary events occur frequently in the novel. Argue whether these events are miracles using examples from the book to support your position.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)