|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosopher described hell on his death bed?
2. How many fingers are missing from Waltzer's left hand?
(a) 2 fingers.
(b) 4 fingers.
(c) 1 finger.
(d) 3 fingers.
3. What is the name of the Shultzes' hound dog?
4. In the obituary that Roxanna shows Reuben and Swede, what month did Cassidy die?
5. Where did Sara come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temperature Sunday morning when the Lands wake ten miles out of Mandan?
2. What Bible character does Swede compare Jeremiah to at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What does Reuben dream about when he falls asleep on the stairs in Chapter 19?
4. What book does Reuben think of when he hears Swede's latest installment about Sunny Sundown in Chapter 18?
5. Who is the rancher who pastures cattle on a hillside near Roxanna's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Roxanna's mother die?
2. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
3. What does the posse find when they reach Waltzer's cabin?
4. What do the Lands and Roxanna eat during the picnic in the Badlands?
5. Why does Andreeson believe that Davy is in the Badlands?
6. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
7. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
8. What does Jape Waltzer look like?
9. What do the Shultzes say about Davy the night he came to their place?
10. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)