|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the rancher who pastures cattle on a hillside near Roxanna's?
(a) Lonnie Ford.
(b) Lewis Farmington.
(c) Rob Wilson.
(d) Bob Larson.
2. What alias did Butch Cassidy tell Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard that he would be using in the future?
(a) John Watson.
(b) Peter Andrews.
(c) Preston Davis.
(d) Jonas Work.
3. What type of hat is Davy wearing when Reuben catches up to him on a trail near Roxanna's?
(a) Baseball cap.
(b) Wool cap.
(c) Cowboy hat.
(d) Fur hat.
4. What does Birdie collect?
(a) Spoons from all 50 states.
(b) Little thimbles.
(c) Salt and pepper shakers.
(d) Miniature dolls.
5. How old is the girl Sara who lives with Waltzer?
(a) About 14 years old.
(b) About 12 years old.
(c) About 16 years old.
(d) About 10 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What screenwriter came to the theater that Roxanna's father owned?
2. What type of horse does Davy ride when he gets Reuben for his second visit to the cabin?
3. According the the obituary Roxanna had, where was Cassidy working when he died?
4. What does Swede put in Andreeson's gas tank?
5. Where did Sara come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Lands and Roxanna eat during the picnic in the Badlands?
2. How does Swede's poem about Sunny end?
3. How did Roxanna's mother die?
4. Why does Roxanna say that Butch Cassidy died in 1936?
5. Describe Reuben's dream the first night the Lands stay at Roxanna's.
6. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
7. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
8. Why does Swede say that Andreeson would have had a hard time leaving Linton?
9. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
10. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)