|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the nearest hospital from Roxanna's house?
2. When the Plymouth begins missing, what town are the Lands near?
(a) Grassy Butte.
3. What was the name of the business that Cassidy worked for as a sales representative according to the obituary Roxanna had?
(a) Bryant's Dairy.
(b) Aermotor Windmill Company.
(c) Kansas Automobile Company.
(d) Robbins Bicycle Company.
4. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
(a) November 25.
(b) September 20.
(c) October 15.
(d) December 3.
5. What river do the Lands come upon after leaving Linton?
(b) Missouri River.
(c) Minnesota River.
(d) Red Lake River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room do Swede and Reuben sleep in at the Shultz's?
2. What does Swede read to Reuben at the beginning of Chapter 19 when he can't breathe?
3. What do the Lands have for supper when they arrive at the Shultz's in the Airstream?
4. What does a man break when his horse goes down on a steep incline?
5. What is the name of the chief of the North Dakota State Patrol.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roxanna say that part of the Badlands is on fire?
2. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
3. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
4. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
5. What does Reuben tell himself when nervously waiting for Davy in Chapter 17?
6. How did Roxanna's mother die?
7. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
8. Describe Reuben's dream the first night the Lands stay at Roxanna's.
9. Why doesn't Jeremiah stop to get gas at the end of Chapter 12?
10. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)