|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Swede's favorite president?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. Where did Waltzer meet Davy?
3. What is the name of the horse that struck August in the ear when he was shoeing him several years earlier?
4. What does Swede call the moon when they picnic in the Badlands in January?
(a) Gibbous moon.
(b) Waxing moon.
(c) Waning moon.
(d) Gibbon moon.
5. What does Reuben dream about when he falls asleep on the stairs in Chapter 19?
(b) The devilish man.
(c) The west bedroom at August Shultz's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Mrs. Roosevelt's brother who collected moths in South America?
2. Which painter does Swede think painted someone who looked like the devilish man Reuben saw in a dream?
3. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
4. What was Roxanna's great-uncle's occupation?
5. What philosopher described hell on his death bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reuben tell himself when nervously waiting for Davy in Chapter 17?
2. Why does Swede decide not to argue about going to bed at the Shultz's?
3. Why don't Reuben and Swede swear their oath to trust Roxanna in blood?
4. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
5. Why does Roxanna Cawley keep goats in a bathroom?
6. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
7. Why does Roxanna say that part of the Badlands is on fire?
8. What does Jape Waltzer look like?
9. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
10. How does Swede's poem about Sunny end?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)