|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of horse is Davy riding when Reuben spots him on a trail that he follows from Roxanna's barn?
(a) A filly.
(b) A draft horse.
(c) A yearling.
(d) A bay horse.
2. Where was a little girl kidnapped in a case that Andreeson describes to the Lands and Roxanna?
3. When Reuben is finally allowed in Roxanna's barn, what does he do?
(a) Candle eggs.
(b) Swing on the rope in the hayloft.
(c) Feed the sheep.
(d) Gather eggs.
4. What painter does Reuben think would have done a good job of painting Roxanna by the fire in the Badlands?
5. What river do August and Reuben ride to in the morning after the Lands arrive?
(a) Rum River.
(b) Buffalo River.
(c) George River.
(d) Little Fork River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Waltzer meet Davy?
2. What is the weather like when Reuben wakes at the Shultz's after they arrive in the Airstream?
3. What does Swede read to Reuben at the beginning of Chapter 19 when he can't breathe?
4. What type of hat is Davy wearing when Reuben catches up to him on a trail near Roxanna's?
5. Who is the man who calls and tells Andreeson that he will show him the place where he dropped Davy off after giving him a ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Swede say that Andreeson would have had a hard time leaving Linton?
2. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
3. Why does Swede decide not to argue about going to bed at the Shultz's?
4. Why does Roxanna Cawley keep goats in a bathroom?
5. What does Jape Waltzer look like?
6. What do the Shultzes say about Davy the night he came to their place?
7. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
8. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
9. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
10. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)