|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the obituary that Roxanna shows Reuben and Swede, what month did Cassidy die?
2. Where does Jeremiah say that the time will change from Central to Mountain Time?
3. What did Birdie fix Davy to eat when he came to their place?
(b) Ham and eggs.
(d) Chicken and dumplings.
4. What river do the Lands come upon after leaving Linton?
(a) Minnesota River.
(b) Missouri River.
(d) Red Lake River.
5. How many sheep does Roxanna have in the barn?
(a) 6 sheep.
(b) 5 sheep.
(c) 10 sheep.
(d) 8 sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the obituary that Roxanna shows to Reuben and Swede, how old was Cassidy when he died?
2. When is Birdie's birthday?
3. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
4. What painter does Reuben think would have done a good job of painting Roxanna by the fire in the Badlands?
5. Where did Roxanna's father purchase a movie theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
2. Describe Reuben's dream the first night the Lands stay at Roxanna's.
3. Why does Roxanna Cawley keep goats in a bathroom?
4. Why does Swede decide not to argue about going to bed at the Shultz's?
5. What does Reuben tell himself when nervously waiting for Davy in Chapter 17?
6. Why does Andreeson believe that Davy is in the Badlands?
7. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
8. How did Roxanna's mother die?
9. What do the Shultzes say about Davy the night he came to their place?
10. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)