|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of horse is Davy riding when Reuben spots him on a trail that he follows from Roxanna's barn?
(a) A bay horse.
(b) A filly.
(c) A draft horse.
(d) A yearling.
2. How many sheep does Roxanna have in the barn?
(a) 5 sheep.
(b) 6 sheep.
(c) 10 sheep.
(d) 8 sheep.
3. When Reuben goes with Davy in Chapter 17 and sees what might be Venus or Jupiter, what direction does he think they might be traveling?
4. Which painter does Swede think painted someone who looked like the devilish man Reuben saw in a dream?
(a) Francisco Goya.
(c) Paul Cezanne.
5. In the obituary that Roxanna shows to Reuben and Swede, how old was Cassidy when he died?
(a) 64 years old.
(b) 27 years old.
(c) 32 years old.
(d) 53 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the business that Cassidy worked for as a sales representative according to the obituary Roxanna had?
2. What does Swede put in Andreeson's gas tank?
3. What was in the car of the man who gave Davy a ride?
4. What book does Reuben think of when he hears Swede's latest installment about Sunny Sundown in Chapter 18?
5. What does Reuben dream about when he falls asleep on the stairs in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andreeson believe that Davy is in the Badlands?
2. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
3. How did Roxanna's mother die?
4. Why does Roxanna Cawley keep goats in a bathroom?
5. Why don't Reuben and Swede swear their oath to trust Roxanna in blood?
6. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
7. Why does Roxanna say that Butch Cassidy died in 1936?
8. How does Swede's poem about Sunny end?
9. What does the posse find when they reach Waltzer's cabin?
10. Why does Swede say that Andreeson would have had a hard time leaving Linton?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)