|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roxanna offer Reuben when he wakes with a fever in Chapter 18?
2. What do the Lands have for supper when they arrive at the Shultz's in the Airstream?
(a) Baked ham.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Creamed chicken.
(d) Fried chicken.
3. What famous person did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard know?
(a) Jesse James.
(b) Butch Cassidy.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Jim Bridger.
4. What type of horse does Davy ride when he gets Reuben for his second visit to the cabin?
(a) A Belgian.
(b) An Appaloosa.
(c) A paint.
(d) A stallion.
5. What alias did Butch Cassidy tell Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard that he would be using in the future?
(a) John Watson.
(b) Preston Davis.
(c) Jonas Work.
(d) Peter Andrews.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl Sara who lives with Waltzer?
2. How long does Roxanna pound Reuben's back when he has difficulty breathing?
3. What does Reuben dream about when he falls asleep on the stairs in Chapter 19?
4. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
5. Who is hurt when a posse goes to look for Andreeson, Waltzer, and Davy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
2. What happened two years ago that makes Andreeson believe that Jeremiah can lead him to Davy?
3. What does Jape Waltzer look like?
4. Why does Swede decide not to argue about going to bed at the Shultz's?
5. How did Roxanna's mother die?
6. Why does Swede say that Andreeson would have had a hard time leaving Linton?
7. How does Swede's poem about Sunny end?
8. Why don't Reuben and Swede swear their oath to trust Roxanna in blood?
9. Why does Roxanna say that Butch Cassidy died in 1936?
10. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)