|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did Davy arrive at the Shultz's home?
(a) 11 p.m.
(d) 2 a.m.
2. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
(a) December 3.
(b) October 15.
(c) September 20.
(d) November 25.
3. What is Waltzer doing during Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
(a) Shoeing a horse.
(b) Butchering a hog.
(c) Fixing the roof.
(d) Chopping firewood.
4. What river do August and Reuben ride to in the morning after the Lands arrive?
(a) George River.
(b) Rum River.
(c) Little Fork River.
(d) Buffalo River.
5. How many fingers are missing from Waltzer's left hand?
(a) 1 finger.
(b) 2 fingers.
(c) 3 fingers.
(d) 4 fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Roxanna pound Reuben's back when he has difficulty breathing?
2. What Bible character does Reuben try to compare Jeremiah to, but Swede protests?
3. What type of hat is Davy wearing when Reuben catches up to him on a trail near Roxanna's?
4. What is the name of the doctor who Jeremiah brings to examine Reuben at Roxanna's house?
5. How old is the girl Sara who lives with Waltzer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
2. Why does Swede say that Andreeson would have had a hard time leaving Linton?
3. Why does Roxanna say that Butch Cassidy died in 1936?
4. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
5. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
6. Why does Swede decide not to argue about going to bed at the Shultz's?
7. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
8. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
9. Why does Roxanna Cawley keep goats in a bathroom?
10. What does the posse find when they reach Waltzer's cabin?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)