|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Reuben think of when he hears Swede's latest installment about Sunny Sundown in Chapter 18?
(a) West of the Pecos.
(b) The Last Trail.
(c) Spirit of the Border.
(d) Riders of the Purple Sage.
2. What river do the Lands come upon after leaving Linton?
(b) Missouri River.
(c) Red Lake River.
(d) Minnesota River.
3. What was Roxanna's great-uncle's occupation?
(a) Teacher and doctor.
(c) Gunsmith and doctor.
4. What type of cookies does Reuben bring Davy at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(b) Gingerbread cookies.
(c) Sugar cookies.
(d) Molasses cookies.
5. What is the name of the horse that goes down on a steep incline?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Mrs. Roosevelt's brother who collected moths in South America?
2. When the Plymouth begins missing, what town are the Lands near?
3. What does Reuben dream about when he falls asleep on the stairs in Chapter 19?
4. Where was a little girl kidnapped in a case that Andreeson describes to the Lands and Roxanna?
5. What does Birdie collect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Swede's poem about Sunny end?
2. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
3. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
4. What does Swede say to persuade Jeremiah to leave Linton?
5. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
6. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
7. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
8. What does Andreeson tell Jeremiah that the people of Roofing think about the Lands leaving?
9. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
10. What happened two years ago that makes Andreeson believe that Jeremiah can lead him to Davy?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)