|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 6 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
2. In what month was Reuben born?
3. What do the Lands eat for supper on Swede's birthday?
(a) Baked ham.
(b) Red potato chowder.
(c) Clam chowder.
(d) Fried chicken.
4. What day does Reuben begin to tear down the corncrib?
(a) December 20.
(b) December 1.
(c) December 3.
(d) December 16.
5. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
(a) Graham Greene.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bread does Mrs. Nokes often send the Lands when Davy is in jail?
2. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
3. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
4. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
5. What was the first name of the doctor who delivered Reuben?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Davy escape?
2. Why is Jeremiah fired from his job as janitor at the elementary school?
3. How do the Lands spend Christmas Eve in 1962?
4. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
5. Where do the Lands go to hunt geese?
6. Where was Jeremiah Land when Reuben was born?
7. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
8. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
9. What presents does Swede receive for her birthday?
10. Who does Swede have rescue Sunny from the noose and why does that bother Reuben?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)