|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
2. Why does Davy get up early each morning?
(a) To run his muskrat traps.
(b) He has to be at his job early.
(c) To study.
(d) To fix breakfast.
3. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
4. What job does Stube take after Davy escaped on his watch?
(c) Sales clerk.
(d) Street sweeper.
5. What instrument does Rev. Johnny Latt play?
(b) French Horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
2. Where is Davy put in jail?
3. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
4. Who does Reuben talk to in the kitchen when Rev. Johnny Latt is preaching?
5. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the Lands go to hunt geese?
2. Why is Jeremiah fired from his job as janitor at the elementary school?
3. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
4. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
5. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
6. Describe Mrs. DeCuellar.
7. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
8. Why doesn't Reuben get a good-bye kiss from Bethany?
9. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
10. Why did Jeremiah suddenly run inside the hospital?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)