|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Lands eat for supper on Swede's birthday?
(a) Red potato chowder.
(b) Baked ham.
(c) Clam chowder.
(d) Fried chicken.
2. Why does Davy get up early each morning?
(a) He has to be at his job early.
(b) To run his muskrat traps.
(c) To fix breakfast.
(d) To study.
3. What was the name of August Shultz's horse when he and Jeremiah were growing up together?
4. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A musician.
5. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
(d) Tin Lurvy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
2. On what floor did Helen, Jeremiah, and Davy Land live when they lived in student housing?
3. How long has Reuben been without a breath when his father comes into the delivery room?
4. Where is Davy put in jail?
5. How deep is the snow when Reuben begins tearing down the corncrib?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
2. Why does Roxanna say that Butch Cassidy died in 1936?
3. Why does Roxanna say that part of the Badlands is on fire?
4. What do the Shultzes say about Davy the night he came to their place?
5. What reasons did Swede present to persuade Jeremiah to allow her to bring her Mexican saddle on their journey in the Airstream?
6. What happens to Swede while Reuben and his father attend church?
7. Where did the medical school that Jeremiah attended get a skeleton?
8. Where do the Lands go to hunt geese?
9. Describe Reuben's dream the first night the Lands stay at Roxanna's.
10. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)