|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
(a) A widow woman named Roberts.
(b) A man named Draper.
(c) A spinster woman named Wagner.
(d) A man named Wiley.
2. What instrument does Rev. Johnny Latt play?
(d) French Horn.
3. What is the name of Davy's girlfriend who is beaten in the girls' locker room?
4. What does Reuben dream the night that he and Swede plan to break Davy out of jail?
(a) That a snake bit him.
(b) That a piglet bit him.
(c) That someone was chasing him.
(d) That his father died.
5. Where does Jeremiah suggest the family move when he is struggling with pneumonia?
(c) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of August Shultz's horse when he and Jeremiah were growing up together?
2. What church do the Lands attend?
3. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
4. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
5. What is the name of the principal who hired Jeremiah as a janitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elvis, the prosecutor, describe Israel and Tommy at the opening of Davy's trial?
2. Where was Jeremiah Land when Reuben was born?
3. What changes occurred in Jeremiah's and Helen's lives after the tornado?
4. What does Reuben feel when he touches his dad during the revival service held by Rev. Johnny Latt?
5. What does Stanley Basca tell that Davy did the night of the shooting?
6. What happened to Jeremiah when the tornado roared through?
7. How did Davy escape?
8. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
9. What does Reuben buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
10. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)