|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month was Reuben born?
2. What is the name of Davy's girlfriend who is beaten in the girls' locker room?
3. In what hospital was Reuben born?
(a) Skiff Hospital.
(b) Memorial Hospital.
(c) Pennock Hospital.
(d) Wilson Hospital.
4. How much does it cost to send a postcard in 1963?
(a) 5 cents.
(b) 4 cents.
(c) 2 cents.
(d) 3 cents.
5. What does Reuben want to buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A model rocket.
(d) A baseball and bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church do the Lands attend?
2. On what floor did Helen, Jeremiah, and Davy Land live when they lived in student housing?
3. When the goose is cleaned, what part does Swede want Reuben to give her?
4. How much does Reuben get paid for tearing down the corncrib?
5. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Jeremiah when the tornado roared through?
2. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
3. What changes occurred in Jeremiah's and Helen's lives after the tornado?
4. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
5. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
6. Where was Jeremiah Land when Reuben was born?
7. What does Reuben feel when he touches his dad during the revival service held by Rev. Johnny Latt?
8. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
9. Why are Swede's sugar cookies sometimes unorthodox?
10. What happened to Dolly when she was in the locker room with Thomas and Israel?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)