|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
(b) Iowa City.
2. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
(a) 30 men.
(b) 25 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 45 men.
3. Where is Davy put in jail?
4. What was the name of August Shultz's horse when he and Jeremiah were growing up together?
5. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
(a) A Percheron stallion.
(b) An Arabian mare.
(c) A Quarter Horse stallion.
(d) A Belgian gelding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the judge who presides over Davy's trial?
2. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
3. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
4. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
5. In what year was Reuben born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Swede's sugar cookies sometimes unorthodox?
2. What does Reuben feel when he touches his dad during the revival service held by Rev. Johnny Latt?
3. What does Stanley Basca tell that Davy did the night of the shooting?
4. How did Davy escape?
5. How do the Lands spend Christmas Eve in 1962?
6. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
7. Why did Jeremiah suddenly run inside the hospital?
8. What happened to Dolly when she was in the locker room with Thomas and Israel?
9. Where did the medical school that Jeremiah attended get a skeleton?
10. Why doesn't Reuben get a good-bye kiss from Bethany?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)