|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuben want to buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A model rocket.
(d) A baseball and bat.
2. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
3. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
(a) 25 men.
(b) 50 men.
(c) 30 men.
(d) 45 men.
4. What type of bread does Mrs. Nokes often send the Lands when Davy is in jail?
(a) Onion bread.
(b) Cinnamon bread.
(c) Rye bread.
(d) Raisin bread.
5. What time was Stube released from Davy's cell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
2. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
3. What time does Stanley Basca testify that Davy came to the Finch's on the night of the shooting?
4. What church do the Lands attend?
5. How deep is the snow when Reuben begins tearing down the corncrib?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Swede's sugar cookies sometimes unorthodox?
2. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
3. What changes occurred in Jeremiah's and Helen's lives after the tornado?
4. Why is Jeremiah fired from his job as janitor at the elementary school?
5. What does Reuben buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
6. What happened to Jeremiah when the tornado roared through?
7. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
8. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
9. Why did Jeremiah suddenly run inside the hospital?
10. What happened to Dolly when she was in the locker room with Thomas and Israel?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)