|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep is the snow when Reuben begins tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Up to his ankles.
(b) Up to his knees.
(c) Up to his middle.
(d) Up to his hips.
2. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
3. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
(a) Rubbing alcohol.
(d) Water and mild detergent.
4. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
5. When do the Lands leave Roofing in the Airstream?
(a) February 18.
(b) February 3.
(c) January 22.
(d) January 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reuben talk to in the kitchen when Rev. Johnny Latt is preaching?
2. What does Swede want for Christmas in 1962?
3. Whose birthday is on December 16?
4. About twelve days after Davy's escape, Reuben comes to tell his father that his lungs are tight. What is Jeremiah reading that night?
5. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
2. Why doesn't Reuben get a good-bye kiss from Bethany?
3. Where do the Lands go to hunt geese?
4. Where did the medical school that Jeremiah attended get a skeleton?
5. What happened to Jeremiah when the tornado roared through?
6. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
7. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
8. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
9. How do the Lands spend Christmas Eve in 1962?
10. What does Reuben feel when he touches his dad during the revival service held by Rev. Johnny Latt?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)