|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A musician.
(d) A lawyer.
2. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
(a) 75 miles.
(b) 70 miles.
(c) 85 miles.
(d) 80 miles.
3. On what floor did Helen, Jeremiah, and Davy Land live when they lived in student housing?
(a) 2nd floor.
(b) 1st floor.
(c) 3rd floor.
(d) 4th floor.
4. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
(a) A Quarter Horse stallion.
(b) An Arabian mare.
(c) A Percheron stallion.
(d) A Belgian gelding.
5. What does Reuben dream the night that he and Swede plan to break Davy out of jail?
(a) That someone was chasing him.
(b) That a snake bit him.
(c) That a piglet bit him.
(d) That his father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of candy bar comes with Reuben's pay for tearing down the corncrib?
2. What song does Jeremiah hum after Reuben buys groceries with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
3. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
4. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
5. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
2. Why did Jeremiah suddenly run inside the hospital?
3. How does Jeremiah get money to stock the Airstream with food?
4. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
5. Why is Jeremiah fired from his job as janitor at the elementary school?
6. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
7. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
8. After Reuben testifies, he and Swede decide to break Davy out of jail. Why are their plans to break Davy out of jail thwarted?
9. How did Davy escape?
10. What does Reuben feel when he touches his dad during the revival service held by Rev. Johnny Latt?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)