|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuben want to buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A model rocket.
(d) A baseball and bat.
2. On what floor did Helen, Jeremiah, and Davy Land live when they lived in student housing?
(a) 3rd floor.
(b) 2nd floor.
(c) 4th floor.
(d) 1st floor.
3. What does Reuben see in a dream that wakes him after the goose hunt?
(a) A snake.
(c) A dead wolf.
(d) A dead horse.
4. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
(a) Midget Baker.
(b) Tiny Pruitt.
(c) Giant Rowlings.
(d) Mighty Stinson.
5. What type of candy bar comes with Reuben's pay for tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Hershey bar.
(b) Mr. Goodbar.
(c) Almond Joy.
(d) Milky Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
2. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
3. What time does Stanley Basca testify that Davy came to the Finch's on the night of the shooting?
4. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
5. What do the Lands eat for supper on Swede's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reuben resent that Jeremiah healed Mr. Holgren?
2. After Reuben testifies, he and Swede decide to break Davy out of jail. Why are their plans to break Davy out of jail thwarted?
3. How does Jeremiah get money to stock the Airstream with food?
4. Who does Swede have rescue Sunny from the noose and why does that bother Reuben?
5. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
6. Where did the medical school that Jeremiah attended get a skeleton?
7. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
8. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
9. What does Reuben hear and see when he gets up in the night at the Schultz's to use the outhouse?
10. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)