|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthday is on December 16?
2. In what month was Reuben born?
3. What time was Stube released from Davy's cell?
4. How old is Reuben when he sees his father's third miracle?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
5. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
(a) Mr. Smythe.
(b) Mr. Lawson.
(c) Mr. Layton.
(d) Mr. Reuben.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuben see in a dream that wakes him after the goose hunt?
2. What color was the Lands' front door before it was tarred?
3. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
4. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
5. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jeremiah suddenly run inside the hospital?
2. Why are Swede's sugar cookies sometimes unorthodox?
3. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
4. Who does Swede have rescue Sunny from the noose and why does that bother Reuben?
5. How do the Lands spend Christmas Eve in 1962?
6. What does Reuben buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
7. Why doesn't Reuben get a good-bye kiss from Bethany?
8. Where do the Lands go to hunt geese?
9. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
10. How does Elvis, the prosecutor, describe Israel and Tommy at the opening of Davy's trial?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)