|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
(a) A man named Wiley.
(b) A spinster woman named Wagner.
(c) A widow woman named Roberts.
(d) A man named Draper.
2. What time do the Lands have to arrive at the courthouse for Davy's trial?
(a) 7:30 a.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 8:30 a.m.
3. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Washington Irving.
(c) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) Mark Twain.
4. What color was the Lands' front door before it was tarred?
5. Who does Reuben talk to in the kitchen when Rev. Johnny Latt is preaching?
(a) Becca Phillips.
(b) Mollie Pritchard.
(c) Abby Martin.
(d) Bethany Orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
2. What type of candy bar comes with Reuben's pay for tearing down the corncrib?
3. What does Reuben want for Christmas in 1962?
4. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
5. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
2. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
3. What happened to Jeremiah when the tornado roared through?
4. Where was Jeremiah Land when Reuben was born?
5. Where do the Lands go to hunt geese?
6. What changes occurred in Jeremiah's and Helen's lives after the tornado?
7. What happened to Dolly when she was in the locker room with Thomas and Israel?
8. How does Elvis, the prosecutor, describe Israel and Tommy at the opening of Davy's trial?
9. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
10. What does Stanley Basca tell that Davy did the night of the shooting?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)