|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Swede's favorite authors?
(a) Louis L'Amour.
(b) Rex Beach.
(c) Zane Grey.
(d) Luke Short.
2. Where does Lurvy say he had a delicious batch of clam chowder in Seatlle?
(a) Millie's Clam Shack.
(b) Mac's Clam Shack.
(c) The Widder's Clam Shack.
(d) Ivar's Acres of Clams.
3. In Chapter 6, what time does the rain turn to snow?
(a) Middle of the afternoon.
(b) Around 11 p.m.
(c) Around 10 p.m.
(d) Past midnight.
4. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) Washington Irving.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Mark Twain.
5. When the goose is cleaned, what part does Swede want Reuben to give her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
2. What does Reuben see in a dream that wakes him after the goose hunt?
3. How old is Raymond, the boy who watches Reuben tear down the corncrib?
4. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
5. What is Tin Lurvy selling on Swede's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Jeremiah Land when Reuben was born?
2. What were Sara and Swede doing while Waltzer was firing his rifle in the yard?
3. Why don't Reuben and Swede swear their oath to trust Roxanna in blood?
4. What happened to Dolly when she was in the locker room with Thomas and Israel?
5. Why does Reuben resent that Jeremiah healed Mr. Holgren?
6. After Reuben testifies, he and Swede decide to break Davy out of jail. Why are their plans to break Davy out of jail thwarted?
7. Describe Mrs. DeCuellar.
8. Why does Roxanna Cawley keep goats in a bathroom?
9. What changes occurred in Jeremiah's and Helen's lives after the tornado?
10. Where did the medical school that Jeremiah attended get a skeleton?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)