Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tin Lurvy selling on Swede's birthday?
(a) Vacuum cleaners.
(b) World Book encyclopedias.
(d) Patented medicines.
2. What song does Jeremiah hum after Reuben buys groceries with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
(a) God Rest You Merry Gentlemen.
(b) Away in a Manager.
(c) Silent Night.
(d) It Came Upon a Midnight Clear.
3. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
4. What day does Reuben begin to tear down the corncrib?
(a) December 3.
(b) December 16.
(c) December 1.
(d) December 20.
5. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
(a) 80 miles.
(b) 75 miles.
(c) 70 miles.
(d) 85 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the goose is cleaned, what part does Swede want Reuben to give her?
2. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
3. Where was Lurvy when he became sick and needed an operation?
4. What does Reuben want for Christmas in 1962?
5. Where does Jeremiah suggest the family move when he is struggling with pneumonia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley Basca tell that Davy did the night of the shooting?
2. After Reuben testifies, he and Swede decide to break Davy out of jail. Why are their plans to break Davy out of jail thwarted?
3. What type of verse does Swede write after Jeremiah and Roxanna marry?
4. What presents does Swede receive for her birthday?
5. How would Teddy Roosevelt's father try to help him breath?
6. Why does Reuben resent that Jeremiah healed Mr. Holgren?
7. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
8. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
9. How did Roxanna's mother die?
10. How did Helen protect Davy when she was awakened by the tornado?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)