|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
(a) An Arabian mare.
(b) A Quarter Horse stallion.
(c) A Belgian gelding.
(d) A Percheron stallion.
2. In what hospital was Reuben born?
(a) Pennock Hospital.
(b) Memorial Hospital.
(c) Wilson Hospital.
(d) Skiff Hospital.
3. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) A motel.
(b) At their house.
(c) At Dr. Nokes'.
(d) At the DeCuellers'.
4. What was the name of the farmer's wife who lived on the farm where the tornado took Jeremiah?
(a) Annabelle Richards.
(b) Anna Roberts.
(c) Martha Levins.
(d) Marianne Evans.
5. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
2. How old is Raymond, the boy who watches Reuben tear down the corncrib?
3. Where is Davy put in jail?
4. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
5. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Jeremiah Land when Reuben was born?
2. What happens to Swede while Reuben and his father attend church?
3. Why is Jeremiah fired from his job as janitor at the elementary school?
4. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
5. What does Reuben buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
6. What does Stanley Basca tell that Davy did the night of the shooting?
7. How do the Lands spend Christmas Eve in 1962?
8. After Reuben testifies, he and Swede decide to break Davy out of jail. Why are their plans to break Davy out of jail thwarted?
9. How does Jeremiah get money to stock the Airstream with food?
10. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)