|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Swede's favorite authors?
(a) Luke Short.
(b) Louis L'Amour.
(c) Rex Beach.
(d) Zane Grey.
2. What operation did Lurvy have six months before his visit on Swede's birthday?
(b) Hernia repair.
(c) Gallbladder removal.
3. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
4. Whose birthday is on December 16?
5. What is the name of the principal who hired Jeremiah as a janitor?
(a) Jeffrey Martin.
(b) Leroy Biersten.
(c) Leonard Wright.
(d) William Davidson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
2. What is the name of August Shultz's wife?
3. When do the Lands leave Roofing in the Airstream?
4. What church do the Lands attend?
5. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
2. How do the Lands spend Christmas Eve in 1962?
3. What changes occurred in Jeremiah's and Helen's lives after the tornado?
4. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
5. Why did an ambulance have to take Lurvy and another man when Lurvy became sick?
6. How does Jeremiah get money to stock the Airstream with food?
7. Where did the medical school that Jeremiah attended get a skeleton?
8. What does Stanley Basca tell that Davy did the night of the shooting?
9. How did Davy escape?
10. How does Elvis, the prosecutor, describe Israel and Tommy at the opening of Davy's trial?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)