|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What operation did Lurvy have six months before his visit on Swede's birthday?
(a) Gallbladder removal.
(b) Hernia repair.
2. How far is August Shultz's place from Reuben's home?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
3. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
(a) An Arabian mare.
(b) A Belgian gelding.
(c) A Percheron stallion.
(d) A Quarter Horse stallion.
4. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
5. Who wrote the book that Stube was reading the night that Davy escaped.
(a) Louis L'Amour.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Mike Hammer.
(d) Clive Cussler.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what time does the rain turn to snow?
2. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
3. In what hospital was Reuben born?
4. Where was Lurvy when he became sick and needed an operation?
5. What does Reuben dream the night that he and Swede plan to break Davy out of jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the medical school that Jeremiah attended get a skeleton?
2. Why is Jeremiah fired from his job as janitor at the elementary school?
3. What irregular work did Jeremiah find after being fired from his janitor job?
4. What happened when Swede chases the goose shot by Reuben?
5. After Reuben testifies, he and Swede decide to break Davy out of jail. Why are their plans to break Davy out of jail thwarted?
6. Who does Swede have rescue Sunny from the noose and why does that bother Reuben?
7. What does Reuben feel when he touches his dad during the revival service held by Rev. Johnny Latt?
8. Why doesn't Reuben get a good-bye kiss from Bethany?
9. How did Davy escape?
10. Describe Mrs. DeCuellar.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)