|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Reuben born?
2. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
3. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
(a) Ham and cheese sandwiches.
(b) Chicken noodle soup.
(c) Toasted cheese sandwiches.
(d) Tomato soup.
4. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) A motel.
(b) At their house.
(c) At the DeCuellers'.
(d) At Dr. Nokes'.
5. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
2. What is the name of the principal who hired Jeremiah as a janitor?
3. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
4. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
5. What color was the Lands' front door before it was tarred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the Lands go to hunt geese?
2. What happened to Jeremiah when the tornado roared through?
3. What does Reuben buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
4. What did Dr. Nokes do when Reuben was born not breathing?
5. What does Reuben hear and see when he gets up in the night at the Schultz's to use the outhouse?
6. Who does Swede have rescue Sunny from the noose and why does that bother Reuben?
7. Why did Jeremiah suddenly run inside the hospital?
8. How does Elvis, the prosecutor, describe Israel and Tommy at the opening of Davy's trial?
9. What worries Dr. Nokes about Jeremiah's pneumonia?
10. Where was Jeremiah Land when Reuben was born?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)