|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first name of the doctor who delivered Reuben?
2. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
(a) War at Sea.
(c) Dots and Boxes.
3. What type of bread does Mrs. Nokes often send the Lands when Davy is in jail?
(a) Onion bread.
(b) Raisin bread.
(c) Rye bread.
(d) Cinnamon bread.
4. About twelve days after Davy's escape, Reuben comes to tell his father that his lungs are tight. What is Jeremiah reading that night?
(a) Psalm 91.
(b) Lamentations 3.
(c) Jeremiah 33.
(d) Psalm 121.
5. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
(b) Tin Lurvy.
(c) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month was Reuben born?
2. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
3. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
4. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
5. What does Reuben want for Christmas in 1962?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Roxanna's mother die?
2. How did Sara come to live with Waltzer and why does she live with him?
3. Why are Swede's sugar cookies sometimes unorthodox?
4. Why does Swede say that Andreeson would have had a hard time leaving Linton?
5. How did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard meet Butch Cassidy?
6. What happened two years ago that makes Andreeson believe that Jeremiah can lead him to Davy?
7. What were Sara and Swede doing while Waltzer was firing his rifle in the yard?
8. Why does Jeremiah go driving with Andreeson?
9. Why doesn't Dr. Nickles recommend sending Reuben to the hospital?
10. What dread realization dawns on Reuben when he is struggling to breathe in Chapter 19?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)