|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible character does Reuben try to compare Jeremiah to, but Swede protests?
2. Where does Jeremiah say that the time will change from Central to Mountain Time?
3. What time did Davy arrive at the Shultz's home?
(a) 11 p.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
4. What famous person did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard know?
(a) Butch Cassidy.
(b) Jesse James.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Jim Bridger.
5. What is the name of the horse that struck August in the ear when he was shoeing him several years earlier?
6. What do the Lands have for supper when they arrive at the Shultz's in the Airstream?
(a) Baked ham.
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Creamed chicken.
(d) Roast beef.
7. What was the name of Mrs. Roosevelt's brother who collected moths in South America?
(a) Captain Roberts.
(b) Captain Phillips.
(c) Captain James.
(d) Captain Manning.
8. Where is the nearest hospital from Roxanna's house?
9. What food is cooked in a Dutch oven the first time that Reuben visits Davy at Waltzer's cabin?
(a) Roast beef and potatoes.
(b) Chicken and dumplings.
(c) Sweet potatoes and sausage.
(d) Beef stew.
10. Which painter does Swede think painted someone who looked like the devilish man Reuben saw in a dream?
(a) Paul Cezanne.
(d) Francisco Goya.
11. What type of hat is Davy wearing when Reuben catches up to him on a trail near Roxanna's?
(a) Fur hat.
(b) Baseball cap.
(c) Cowboy hat.
(d) Wool cap.
12. What is the name of the chief of the North Dakota State Patrol.
13. In the obituary that Roxanna shows Reuben and Swede, what month did Cassidy die?
14. When Reuben goes with Davy in Chapter 17 and sees what might be Venus or Jupiter, what direction does he think they might be traveling?
15. What is the name of the horse that Davy is riding when Reuben spots him from the barn at Roxanna's?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Roxanna pound Reuben's back when he has difficulty breathing?
2. What was in the car of the man who gave Davy a ride?
3. What type of car did August give Davy when he left the Shultz's?
4. What screenwriter came to the theater that Roxanna's father owned?
5. What alias did Butch Cassidy tell Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard that he would be using in the future?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)