|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Swede's favorite president?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) George Washington.
2. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
(a) The Teapot.
(c) Boy Ready.
3. What room do Swede and Reuben sleep in at the Shultz's?
(a) West room.
(b) North room.
(c) East room.
(d) South room.
4. Where did Sara come from?
5. What is the name of the horse that goes down on a steep incline?
6. When is Birdie's birthday?
(a) May 12.
(b) April 22.
(c) March 13.
(d) February 21.
7. What is the temperature Sunday morning when the Lands wake ten miles out of Mandan?
(a) 19 degrees.
(b) 5 degrees.
(c) 6 degrees below zero.
(d) 10 degrees below zero.
8. Where did Roxanna's father purchase a movie theater?
(a) Hardin, Montana.
(b) Great Falls, Montana.
(c) Helena, Montana.
(d) Lawrence, Montana.
9. What does Roxanna offer Reuben when he wakes with a fever in Chapter 18?
10. What does Reuben dream about when he falls asleep on the stairs in Chapter 19?
(a) The west bedroom at August Shultz's.
(d) The devilish man.
11. Which painter does Swede think painted someone who looked like the devilish man Reuben saw in a dream?
(a) Francisco Goya.
(b) Paul Cezanne.
12. When the Plymouth begins missing, what town are the Lands near?
(d) Grassy Butte.
13. What food is cooked in a Dutch oven the first time that Reuben visits Davy at Waltzer's cabin?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Roast beef and potatoes.
(c) Chicken and dumplings.
(d) Sweet potatoes and sausage.
14. Where did Waltzer meet Davy?
15. What river do the Lands come upon after leaving Linton?
(a) Missouri River.
(b) Red Lake River.
(d) Minnesota River.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the obituary that Roxanna shows to Reuben and Swede, how old was Cassidy when he died?
2. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
3. Who is hurt when a posse goes to look for Andreeson, Waltzer, and Davy?
4. What type of jacket is Davy wearing when Reuben sees him on a trail near Roxanna's?
5. What screenwriter came to the theater that Roxanna's father owned?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)