|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of cookies does Reuben bring Davy at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Sugar cookies.
(b) Molasses cookies.
(c) Gingerbread cookies.
2. What was the name of Mrs. Roosevelt's brother who collected moths in South America?
(a) Captain James.
(b) Captain Phillips.
(c) Captain Roberts.
(d) Captain Manning.
3. What book does Reuben think of when he hears Swede's latest installment about Sunny Sundown in Chapter 18?
(a) Riders of the Purple Sage.
(b) Spirit of the Border.
(c) The Last Trail.
(d) West of the Pecos.
4. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
(a) Boy Ready.
(b) The Teapot.
5. What Bible character does Reuben try to compare Jeremiah to, but Swede protests?
6. What does Birdie collect?
(a) Spoons from all 50 states.
(b) Little thimbles.
(c) Miniature dolls.
(d) Salt and pepper shakers.
7. Where did Davy shave after his escape'?
(a) At a motel.
(b) In an old barn.
(c) At a Shell station.
(d) At the Schultz's.
8. What is the name of the horse that goes down on a steep incline?
9. Where did Roxanna's father purchase a movie theater?
(a) Great Falls, Montana.
(b) Helena, Montana.
(c) Hardin, Montana.
(d) Lawrence, Montana.
10. What does Roxanna offer Reuben when he wakes with a fever in Chapter 18?
11. What type of car is Andreeson driving when the Lands see him in Linton?
12. What does Swede call the moon when they picnic in the Badlands in January?
(a) Gibbous moon.
(b) Waxing moon.
(c) Waning moon.
(d) Gibbon moon.
13. What screenwriter came to the theater that Roxanna's father owned?
(a) Darryl Zanuck.
(b) Dalton Trumbo.
(c) Adolph Green.
(d) Garson Kanin.
14. When is Birdie's birthday?
(a) March 13.
(b) April 22.
(c) May 12.
(d) February 21.
15. Who is the man who calls and tells Andreeson that he will show him the place where he dropped Davy off after giving him a ride?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor who Jeremiah brings to examine Reuben at Roxanna's house?
2. What is the name of the federal investigator who comes from Bismarck to look for Andreeson?
3. What is the temperature Sunday morning when the Lands wake ten miles out of Mandan?
4. What type of horse does Davy ride when he gets Reuben for his second visit to the cabin?
5. What philosopher described hell on his death bed?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)