|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Waltzer doing during Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
(a) Butchering a hog.
(b) Chopping firewood.
(c) Fixing the roof.
(d) Shoeing a horse.
2. Where did the kidnapper take the kidnapped girl?
(a) A rented cabin.
(b) A tumbledown shack.
(c) A hunting blind.
(d) An old barn.
3. Where is the nearest hospital from Roxanna's house?
4. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
(a) Boy Ready.
(b) The Teapot.
5. What is the name of the federal investigator who comes from Bismarck to look for Andreeson?
(a) Mike Lanz.
(b) Wils Jorgenson.
(c) Harper Juval.
(d) Martin Dreeson.
6. What is the name of the Shultzes' hound dog?
7. What river do the Lands come upon after leaving Linton?
(a) Missouri River.
(b) Minnesota River.
(d) Red Lake River.
8. What screenwriter came to the theater that Roxanna's father owned?
(a) Garson Kanin.
(b) Dalton Trumbo.
(c) Adolph Green.
(d) Darryl Zanuck.
9. How many sheep does Roxanna have in the barn?
(a) 8 sheep.
(b) 6 sheep.
(c) 5 sheep.
(d) 10 sheep.
10. What is the name of the horse that Davy is riding when Reuben spots him from the barn at Roxanna's?
11. Who is the man who calls and tells Andreeson that he will show him the place where he dropped Davy off after giving him a ride?
12. What Bible character does Reuben try to compare Jeremiah to, but Swede protests?
13. What food is cooked in a Dutch oven the first time that Reuben visits Davy at Waltzer's cabin?
(a) Sweet potatoes and sausage.
(b) Chicken and dumplings.
(c) Roast beef and potatoes.
(d) Beef stew.
14. What is the name of the horse that goes down on a steep incline?
15. When does Roxanna say that Butch Cassidy died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roxanna offer Reuben when he wakes with a fever in Chapter 18?
2. What does Swede call the moon when they picnic in the Badlands in January?
3. What type of car did August give Davy when he left the Shultz's?
4. How many fingers are missing from Waltzer's left hand?
5. What is the name of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)