|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday?
(a) Dale's Oil Company.
(b) Sinclair Gas Station.
(c) Peter's Oil Company.
(d) Shell Gas Station.
2. When Reuben is finally allowed in Roxanna's barn, what does he do?
(a) Candle eggs.
(b) Gather eggs.
(c) Swing on the rope in the hayloft.
(d) Feed the sheep.
3. Where did Sara come from?
4. What type of jacket is Davy wearing when Reuben sees him on a trail near Roxanna's?
(a) Lined overcoat.
(b) Green army parka.
(c) Lined denim jacket.
(d) Wool jacket.
5. What do the Lands have for supper when they arrive at the Shultz's in the Airstream?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Creamed chicken.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Baked ham.
6. What is Waltzer doing during Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
(a) Butchering a hog.
(b) Fixing the roof.
(c) Shoeing a horse.
(d) Chopping firewood.
7. According the the obituary Roxanna had, where was Cassidy working when he died?
(a) Martin Lewis Ranch.
(b) Richard Brown Ranch.
(c) Zeb Pratt Ranch.
(d) Howell Watts Ranch.
8. Who is the rancher who pastures cattle on a hillside near Roxanna's?
(a) Lonnie Ford.
(b) Lewis Farmington.
(c) Bob Larson.
(d) Rob Wilson.
9. What famous person did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard know?
(a) Kit Carson.
(b) Jesse James.
(c) Jim Bridger.
(d) Butch Cassidy.
10. What meat does Waltzer serve on Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
11. When the Plymouth begins missing, what town are the Lands near?
(c) Grassy Butte.
12. What type of berries did Jeremiah's father grow when they had their homestead?
13. What painter does Reuben think would have done a good job of painting Roxanna by the fire in the Badlands?
14. What is the name of the horse that struck August in the ear when he was shoeing him several years earlier?
15. What was the name of the business that Cassidy worked for as a sales representative according to the obituary Roxanna had?
(a) Bryant's Dairy.
(b) Kansas Automobile Company.
(c) Aermotor Windmill Company.
(d) Robbins Bicycle Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Shultzes' hound dog?
2. Which painter does Swede think painted someone who looked like the devilish man Reuben saw in a dream?
3. When Reuben goes with Davy in Chapter 17 and sees what might be Venus or Jupiter, what direction does he think they might be traveling?
4. What room do Swede and Reuben sleep in at the Shultz's?
5. Where did Davy shave after his escape'?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)