|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river do August and Reuben ride to in the morning after the Lands arrive?
(a) George River.
(b) Rum River.
(c) Little Fork River.
(d) Buffalo River.
2. What painter does Reuben think would have done a good job of painting Roxanna by the fire in the Badlands?
3. What is the name of the chief of the North Dakota State Patrol.
4. What alias did Butch Cassidy tell Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard that he would be using in the future?
(a) John Watson.
(b) Jonas Work.
(c) Preston Davis.
(d) Peter Andrews.
5. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
(a) The Teapot.
(d) Boy Ready.
6. Where does Jeremiah say that the time will change from Central to Mountain Time?
7. What is the name of the motel in the town near where the Lands stop to get gas in Chapter 13?
(a) Triangle Motel.
(b) Hi-Way Motel.
(c) Arcadia Motel.
(d) Motel Safari.
8. In the obituary that Roxanna shows to Reuben and Swede, how old was Cassidy when he died?
(a) 27 years old.
(b) 53 years old.
(c) 64 years old.
(d) 32 years old.
9. Where does legend say Butch Cassidy died?
10. What Bible character does Swede compare Jeremiah to at the beginning of Chapter 13?
11. What is the name of the horse that struck August in the ear when he was shoeing him several years earlier?
12. What famous person did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard know?
(a) Kit Carson.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) Jesse James.
(d) Butch Cassidy.
13. How many fingers are missing from Waltzer's left hand?
(a) 1 finger.
(b) 3 fingers.
(c) 4 fingers.
(d) 2 fingers.
14. What was the name of the business that Cassidy worked for as a sales representative according to the obituary Roxanna had?
(a) Kansas Automobile Company.
(b) Aermotor Windmill Company.
(c) Robbins Bicycle Company.
(d) Bryant's Dairy.
15. When Reuben is finally allowed in Roxanna's barn, what does he do?
(a) Swing on the rope in the hayloft.
(b) Gather eggs.
(c) Candle eggs.
(d) Feed the sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of jacket is Davy wearing when Reuben sees him on a trail near Roxanna's?
2. In the obituary that Roxanna shows Reuben and Swede, what month did Cassidy die?
3. How old is the girl Sara who lives with Waltzer?
4. What is the name of the doctor who Jeremiah brings to examine Reuben at Roxanna's house?
5. What time did Davy arrive at the Shultz's home?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)