|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the motel in the town near where the Lands stop to get gas in Chapter 13?
(a) Arcadia Motel.
(b) Triangle Motel.
(c) Hi-Way Motel.
(d) Motel Safari.
2. What is the weather like when Reuben wakes at the Shultz's after they arrive in the Airstream?
3. What Bible character does Swede compare Jeremiah to at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. What does Reuben dream about when he falls asleep on the stairs in Chapter 19?
(b) The west bedroom at August Shultz's.
(d) The devilish man.
5. Where did Davy shave after his escape'?
(a) In an old barn.
(b) At a motel.
(c) At a Shell station.
(d) At the Schultz's.
6. What was the name of the business that Cassidy worked for as a sales representative according to the obituary Roxanna had?
(a) Kansas Automobile Company.
(b) Bryant's Dairy.
(c) Robbins Bicycle Company.
(d) Aermotor Windmill Company.
7. What is the temperature Sunday morning when the Lands wake ten miles out of Mandan?
(a) 6 degrees below zero.
(b) 10 degrees below zero.
(c) 19 degrees.
(d) 5 degrees.
8. How long has Sara lived with Waltzer?
(a) 4-5 years.
(b) 5-6 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 3 years.
9. What is the name of the horse that goes down on a steep incline?
10. What is the name of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday?
(a) Sinclair Gas Station.
(b) Peter's Oil Company.
(c) Shell Gas Station.
(d) Dale's Oil Company.
11. What does Swede read to Reuben at the beginning of Chapter 19 when he can't breathe?
12. Who is hurt when a posse goes to look for Andreeson, Waltzer, and Davy?
(a) Bill Wyatt.
(b) Mike Lanz.
(c) Harper Juval.
(d) Lonnie Ford.
13. According the the obituary Roxanna had, where was Cassidy working when he died?
(a) Howell Watts Ranch.
(b) Zeb Pratt Ranch.
(c) Richard Brown Ranch.
(d) Martin Lewis Ranch.
14. Which painter does Swede think painted someone who looked like the devilish man Reuben saw in a dream?
(c) Paul Cezanne.
(d) Francisco Goya.
15. What screenwriter came to the theater that Roxanna's father owned?
(a) Dalton Trumbo.
(b) Darryl Zanuck.
(c) Adolph Green.
(d) Garson Kanin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chief of the North Dakota State Patrol.
2. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
3. What philosopher described hell on his death bed?
4. What is the name of the horse that Davy is riding when Reuben spots him from the barn at Roxanna's?
5. What does Birdie collect?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)