|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Swede put in Andreeson's gas tank?
(b) Maple syrup.
(d) Corn syrup.
2. How long has Sara lived with Waltzer?
(a) 4-5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5-6 years.
3. Where is the nearest hospital from Roxanna's house?
4. What does a man break when his horse goes down on a steep incline?
(a) His collarbone.
(b) His wrist.
(c) His ribs.
(d) His hip.
5. What Bible character does Swede compare Jeremiah to at the beginning of Chapter 13?
6. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
(a) The Teapot.
(b) Boy Ready.
7. What is Waltzer doing during Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
(a) Shoeing a horse.
(b) Chopping firewood.
(c) Butchering a hog.
(d) Fixing the roof.
8. Where does legend say Butch Cassidy died?
9. What was in the car of the man who gave Davy a ride?
(d) Musical instruments.
10. What is the name of the motel in the town near where the Lands stop to get gas in Chapter 13?
(a) Arcadia Motel.
(b) Hi-Way Motel.
(c) Motel Safari.
(d) Triangle Motel.
11. According the the obituary Roxanna had, where was Cassidy working when he died?
(a) Zeb Pratt Ranch.
(b) Martin Lewis Ranch.
(c) Richard Brown Ranch.
(d) Howell Watts Ranch.
12. What river do August and Reuben ride to in the morning after the Lands arrive?
(a) George River.
(b) Rum River.
(c) Buffalo River.
(d) Little Fork River.
13. What type of horse does Davy ride when he gets Reuben for his second visit to the cabin?
(a) A Belgian.
(b) An Appaloosa.
(c) A paint.
(d) A stallion.
14. When the Plymouth begins missing, what town are the Lands near?
(c) Grassy Butte.
15. What do the Lands have for supper when parked in Linton?
(a) Chicken and dumplings.
(b) Hot dogs.
(c) Hamburgers and fries.
(d) Corned beef hash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the federal investigator who comes from Bismarck to look for Andreeson?
2. What was Roxanna's great-uncle's occupation?
3. Where does Jeremiah say that the time will change from Central to Mountain Time?
4. What type of cookies does Reuben bring Davy at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. What is the name of the doctor who Jeremiah brings to examine Reuben at Roxanna's house?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)