|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Swede put in Andreeson's gas tank?
(a) Corn syrup.
(b) Maple syrup.
2. What does Reuben dream about when he falls asleep on the stairs in Chapter 19?
(b) The devilish man.
(d) The west bedroom at August Shultz's.
3. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
(b) The Teapot.
(d) Boy Ready.
4. What river do August and Reuben ride to in the morning after the Lands arrive?
(a) George River.
(b) Rum River.
(c) Little Fork River.
(d) Buffalo River.
5. What type of car is Andreeson driving when the Lands see him in Linton?
6. What did Birdie fix Davy to eat when he came to their place?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(b) Chicken and dumplings.
7. What type of cookies does Reuben bring Davy at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Gingerbread cookies.
(c) Sugar cookies.
(d) Molasses cookies.
8. What does Swede call the moon when they picnic in the Badlands in January?
(a) Gibbon moon.
(b) Gibbous moon.
(c) Waxing moon.
(d) Waning moon.
9. When is Birdie's birthday?
(a) May 12.
(b) April 22.
(c) March 13.
(d) February 21.
10. What type of car did August give Davy when he left the Shultz's?
11. What type of jacket is Davy wearing when Reuben sees him on a trail near Roxanna's?
(a) Lined overcoat.
(b) Green army parka.
(c) Wool jacket.
(d) Lined denim jacket.
12. How many fingers are missing from Waltzer's left hand?
(a) 3 fingers.
(b) 2 fingers.
(c) 1 finger.
(d) 4 fingers.
13. What is the name of the chief of the North Dakota State Patrol.
14. What was the name of Mrs. Roosevelt's brother who collected moths in South America?
(a) Captain Phillips.
(b) Captain Roberts.
(c) Captain James.
(d) Captain Manning.
15. What do the Lands have for supper when they arrive at the Shultz's in the Airstream?
(a) Creamed chicken.
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Baked ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temperature Sunday morning when the Lands wake ten miles out of Mandan?
2. Where does legend say Butch Cassidy died?
3. Where did Sara come from?
4. When Reuben goes with Davy in Chapter 17 and sees what might be Venus or Jupiter, what direction does he think they might be traveling?
5. How long does Roxanna pound Reuben's back when he has difficulty breathing?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)