|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the girl Sara who lives with Waltzer?
(a) About 16 years old.
(b) About 10 years old.
(c) About 14 years old.
(d) About 12 years old.
2. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
(a) The Teapot.
(d) Boy Ready.
3. What river do August and Reuben ride to in the morning after the Lands arrive?
(a) George River.
(b) Buffalo River.
(c) Little Fork River.
(d) Rum River.
4. In the obituary that Roxanna shows Reuben and Swede, what month did Cassidy die?
5. What type of jacket is Davy wearing when Reuben sees him on a trail near Roxanna's?
(a) Green army parka.
(b) Wool jacket.
(c) Lined denim jacket.
(d) Lined overcoat.
6. What was the name of Mrs. Roosevelt's brother who collected moths in South America?
(a) Captain Roberts.
(b) Captain Manning.
(c) Captain James.
(d) Captain Phillips.
7. When is Birdie's birthday?
(a) April 22.
(b) February 21.
(c) March 13.
(d) May 12.
8. What type of car is Andreeson driving when the Lands see him in Linton?
9. Where is the nearest hospital from Roxanna's house?
10. What does a man break when his horse goes down on a steep incline?
(a) His hip.
(b) His collarbone.
(c) His wrist.
(d) His ribs.
11. What book does Reuben think of when he hears Swede's latest installment about Sunny Sundown in Chapter 18?
(a) West of the Pecos.
(b) The Last Trail.
(c) Spirit of the Border.
(d) Riders of the Purple Sage.
12. Which painter does Swede think painted someone who looked like the devilish man Reuben saw in a dream?
(a) Paul Cezanne.
(c) Francisco Goya.
13. What is the name of the chief of the North Dakota State Patrol.
14. What is Waltzer doing during Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
(a) Shoeing a horse.
(b) Chopping firewood.
(c) Butchering a hog.
(d) Fixing the roof.
15. Where did Waltzer meet Davy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the car of the man who gave Davy a ride?
2. What type of horse is Davy riding when Reuben spots him on a trail that he follows from Roxanna's barn?
3. How long does Roxanna pound Reuben's back when he has difficulty breathing?
4. What alias did Butch Cassidy tell Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard that he would be using in the future?
5. What was the name of the business that Cassidy worked for as a sales representative according to the obituary Roxanna had?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)