|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Mrs. Roosevelt's brother who collected moths in South America?
(a) Captain Manning.
(b) Captain James.
(c) Captain Roberts.
(d) Captain Phillips.
2. What is the temperature Sunday morning when the Lands wake ten miles out of Mandan?
(a) 19 degrees.
(b) 6 degrees below zero.
(c) 10 degrees below zero.
(d) 5 degrees.
3. Who is the man who calls and tells Andreeson that he will show him the place where he dropped Davy off after giving him a ride?
4. What type of horse does Davy ride when he gets Reuben for his second visit to the cabin?
(a) A paint.
(b) A stallion.
(c) A Belgian.
(d) An Appaloosa.
5. What does Roxanna offer Reuben when he wakes with a fever in Chapter 18?
6. According the the obituary Roxanna had, where was Cassidy working when he died?
(a) Howell Watts Ranch.
(b) Richard Brown Ranch.
(c) Zeb Pratt Ranch.
(d) Martin Lewis Ranch.
7. What did Birdie fix Davy to eat when he came to their place?
(b) Ham and eggs.
(d) Chicken and dumplings.
8. What is the name of the horse that struck August in the ear when he was shoeing him several years earlier?
9. How long does Roxanna pound Reuben's back when he has difficulty breathing?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
10. What is the name of the federal investigator who comes from Bismarck to look for Andreeson?
(a) Wils Jorgenson.
(b) Martin Dreeson.
(c) Harper Juval.
(d) Mike Lanz.
11. How many sheep does Roxanna have in the barn?
(a) 10 sheep.
(b) 8 sheep.
(c) 6 sheep.
(d) 5 sheep.
12. How long has Sara lived with Waltzer?
(a) 4-5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5-6 years.
(d) 3 years.
13. What type of car did August give Davy when he left the Shultz's?
14. What was the name of the business that Cassidy worked for as a sales representative according to the obituary Roxanna had?
(a) Kansas Automobile Company.
(b) Robbins Bicycle Company.
(c) Bryant's Dairy.
(d) Aermotor Windmill Company.
15. What was Roxanna's great-uncle's occupation?
(a) Gunsmith and doctor.
(c) Teacher and doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Reuben wakes at the Shultz's after they arrive in the Airstream?
2. When Reuben is finally allowed in Roxanna's barn, what does he do?
3. What alias did Butch Cassidy tell Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard that he would be using in the future?
4. What type of horse is Davy riding when Reuben spots him on a trail that he follows from Roxanna's barn?
5. What does Swede read to Reuben at the beginning of Chapter 19 when he can't breathe?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)