|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river do the Lands come upon after leaving Linton?
(b) Minnesota River.
(c) Missouri River.
(d) Red Lake River.
2. What alias did Butch Cassidy tell Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard that he would be using in the future?
(a) Peter Andrews.
(b) John Watson.
(c) Jonas Work.
(d) Preston Davis.
3. Where did Waltzer meet Davy?
4. What painter does Reuben think would have done a good job of painting Roxanna by the fire in the Badlands?
5. What is the weather like when Reuben wakes at the Shultz's after they arrive in the Airstream?
6. What famous person did Roxanna's Great-Uncle Howard know?
(a) Butch Cassidy.
(b) Jim Bridger.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Jesse James.
7. How many sheep does Roxanna have in the barn?
(a) 8 sheep.
(b) 10 sheep.
(c) 5 sheep.
(d) 6 sheep.
8. What is the name of the horse that goes down on a steep incline?
9. What meat does Waltzer serve on Reuben's last visit to the cabin?
10. Who is the man who calls and tells Andreeson that he will show him the place where he dropped Davy off after giving him a ride?
11. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
(a) The Teapot.
(b) Boy Ready.
12. What is the name of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday?
(a) Dale's Oil Company.
(b) Peter's Oil Company.
(c) Sinclair Gas Station.
(d) Shell Gas Station.
13. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
(a) November 25.
(b) December 3.
(c) October 15.
(d) September 20.
14. What type of berries did Jeremiah's father grow when they had their homestead?
15. How many fingers are missing from Waltzer's left hand?
(a) 2 fingers.
(b) 4 fingers.
(c) 3 fingers.
(d) 1 finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swede read to Reuben at the beginning of Chapter 19 when he can't breathe?
2. What Bible character does Swede compare Jeremiah to at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What was Roxanna's great-uncle's occupation?
4. What is the name of the horse that struck August in the ear when he was shoeing him several years earlier?
5. What do the Lands have for supper when parked in Linton?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)