|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday?
(a) Peter's Oil Company.
(b) Shell Gas Station.
(c) Dale's Oil Company.
(d) Sinclair Gas Station.
2. Who is hurt when a posse goes to look for Andreeson, Waltzer, and Davy?
(a) Mike Lanz.
(b) Lonnie Ford.
(c) Bill Wyatt.
(d) Harper Juval.
3. What is the name of the doctor who Jeremiah brings to examine Reuben at Roxanna's house?
(a) Dr. Macintire.
(b) Dr. Martin.
(c) Dr. Nickles.
(d) Dr. Sanborn.
4. Who is the rancher who pastures cattle on a hillside near Roxanna's?
(a) Bob Larson.
(b) Lewis Farmington.
(c) Rob Wilson.
(d) Lonnie Ford.
5. What Bible character does Swede compare Jeremiah to at the beginning of Chapter 13?
6. What does Birdie collect?
(a) Miniature dolls.
(b) Salt and pepper shakers.
(c) Spoons from all 50 states.
(d) Little thimbles.
7. Where did Davy shave after his escape'?
(a) At the Schultz's.
(b) At a motel.
(c) At a Shell station.
(d) In an old barn.
8. How many fingers are missing from Waltzer's left hand?
(a) 1 finger.
(b) 3 fingers.
(c) 2 fingers.
(d) 4 fingers.
9. What do the Lands have for supper when parked in Linton?
(a) Chicken and dumplings.
(b) Corned beef hash.
(c) Hot dogs.
(d) Hamburgers and fries.
10. What river do the Lands come upon after leaving Linton?
(a) Minnesota River.
(b) Red Lake River.
(d) Missouri River.
11. What constellation does Waltzer show Reuben that he never heard of before?
(a) The Teapot.
(c) Boy Ready.
12. What does Reuben dream about when he falls asleep on the stairs in Chapter 19?
(a) The devilish man.
(d) The west bedroom at August Shultz's.
13. What does Swede put in Andreeson's gas tank?
(a) Corn syrup.
(d) Maple syrup.
14. What room do Swede and Reuben sleep in at the Shultz's?
(a) South room.
(b) East room.
(c) North room.
(d) West room.
15. What was in the car of the man who gave Davy a ride?
(d) Musical instruments.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
2. How many sheep does Roxanna have in the barn?
3. What does a man break when his horse goes down on a steep incline?
4. In the obituary that Roxanna shows Reuben and Swede, what month did Cassidy die?
5. What philosopher described hell on his death bed?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)