|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Swede's birthday, who do Davy and Reuben see in the timber?
(a) A tramp.
(b) Israel and Tommy.
2. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
(a) Dots and Boxes.
(c) War at Sea.
3. About twelve days after Davy's escape, Reuben comes to tell his father that his lungs are tight. What is Jeremiah reading that night?
(a) Lamentations 3.
(b) Psalm 121.
(c) Psalm 91.
(d) Jeremiah 33.
4. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
(a) 7:30 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
5. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
(a) A spinster woman named Wagner.
(b) A widow woman named Roberts.
(c) A man named Wiley.
(d) A man named Draper.
6. What church do the Lands attend?
7. On what floor did Helen, Jeremiah, and Davy Land live when they lived in student housing?
(a) 2nd floor.
(b) 1st floor.
(c) 3rd floor.
(d) 4th floor.
8. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
(a) An Arabian mare.
(b) A Quarter Horse stallion.
(c) A Percheron stallion.
(d) A Belgian gelding.
9. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
10. How much does Reuben get paid for tearing down the corncrib?
11. How much money does Jeremiah get when he sells his bed?
12. In what month was Reuben born?
13. What type of candy bar comes with Reuben's pay for tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Mr. Goodbar.
(b) Hershey bar.
(c) Almond Joy.
(d) Milky Way.
14. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
(a) 85 miles.
(b) 75 miles.
(c) 70 miles.
(d) 80 miles.
15. What instrument does Rev. Johnny Latt play?
(d) French Horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
2. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
3. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
4. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
5. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)