|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
(a) Creek Brave.
(b) Sioux brave.
(c) Apache Brave.
(d) Blackfoot Brave.
2. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
(a) Mr. Lawson.
(b) Mr. Smythe.
(c) Mr. Layton.
(d) Mr. Reuben.
3. How many hours a week did Jeremiah work sweeping and painting in the athletic building while he was in medical school?
(a) 30 hours.
(b) 20 hours.
(c) 15 hours.
(d) 40 hours.
4. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
5. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
(a) A spinster woman named Wagner.
(b) A man named Wiley.
(c) A man named Draper.
(d) A widow woman named Roberts.
6. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
(a) Richard Matheson.
(b) Stephen Bly.
(c) Matt Braun.
(d) Owen Wister.
7. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
8. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
(b) Dots and Boxes.
(d) War at Sea.
9. What was the name of the skeleton Jeremiah studied in medical school?
10. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(a) Tin Lurvy.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
(d) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
11. What was the first name of the doctor who delivered Reuben?
12. How far is August Shultz's place from Reuben's home?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
13. How old was Jeremiah when he was caught by a tornado.
(a) 28 years old.
(b) 25 years old.
(c) 31 years old.
(d) 33 years old.
14. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
(a) Paul Wansor.
(b) Walter Stockard.
(c) Martin Dryson.
(d) Brian Wagonner.
15. What year is the Airstream trailer that Tin Lurvy leaves to Jeremiah in his will?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Reuben when he sees his father's third miracle?
2. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
3. What is one of Swede's favorite authors?
4. How many shots does Davy fire when Israel and Tommy break in the house after midnight?
5. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)