|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
2. Whose birthday is on December 16?
3. What operation did Lurvy have six months before his visit on Swede's birthday?
(b) Hernia repair.
(c) Gallbladder removal.
4. In what year was Reuben born?
5. How many hours a week did Jeremiah work sweeping and painting in the athletic building while he was in medical school?
(a) 40 hours.
(b) 20 hours.
(c) 15 hours.
(d) 30 hours.
6. Who is the judge who presides over Davy's trial?
(a) Judge Raster.
(b) Judge Anderson.
(c) Judge Browning.
(d) Judge Watson.
7. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
(a) A musician.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
8. What time do the Lands have to arrive at the courthouse for Davy's trial?
(a) 8:30 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 7:30 a.m.
9. How long has Reuben been without a breath when his father comes into the delivery room?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 12 minutes.
(d) 7 minutes.
10. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
(b) War at Sea.
(c) Dots and Boxes.
11. Who does Reuben talk to in the kitchen when Rev. Johnny Latt is preaching?
(a) Bethany Orchard.
(b) Abby Martin.
(c) Becca Phillips.
(d) Mollie Pritchard.
12. Where is Davy put in jail?
13. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
(a) Tiny Pruitt.
(b) Midget Baker.
(c) Mighty Stinson.
(d) Giant Rowlings.
14. What color sweater does Reuben wear when he testifies at Davy's trial?
15. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
(a) Mr. Lawson.
(b) Mr. Layton.
(c) Mr. Reuben.
(d) Mr. Smythe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuben dream the night that he and Swede plan to break Davy out of jail?
2. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
3. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
4. What does Reuben see in a dream that wakes him after the goose hunt?
5. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)