|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
(a) Dots and Boxes.
(d) War at Sea.
2. What does Reuben see in a dream that wakes him after the goose hunt?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dead horse.
(c) A dead wolf.
3. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
(c) Tin Lurvy.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
4. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
5. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
(a) Blackfoot Brave.
(b) Apache Brave.
(c) Sioux brave.
(d) Creek Brave.
6. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
7. What instrument does Rev. Johnny Latt play?
(c) French Horn.
8. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
(a) A biography.
(b) A western.
(c) A mystery.
(d) An autobiography.
9. Where is Davy put in jail?
10. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
(a) Midget Baker.
(b) Mighty Stinson.
(c) Tiny Pruitt.
(d) Giant Rowlings.
11. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
(a) 70 miles.
(b) 80 miles.
(c) 85 miles.
(d) 75 miles.
12. Who wrote the book that Stube was reading the night that Davy escaped.
(a) Louis L'Amour.
(b) Clive Cussler.
(c) Mike Hammer.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
13. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
14. What does Reuben want for Christmas in 1962?
(a) A Crashmobile.
(b) An American frontier set.
(c) A model rocket.
(d) A Spartacus model.
15. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
(a) A blue denim jacket.
(b) A brown wool jacket.
(c) An old bomber jacket.
(d) A black canvas jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
2. How deep is the snow when Reuben begins tearing down the corncrib?
3. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
4. What day does Reuben begin to tear down the corncrib?
5. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)