|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle do the Lands drive when they go hunting at Shultz's place?
2. What color was the Lands' front door before it was tarred?
3. What is the name of the principal who hired Jeremiah as a janitor?
(a) William Davidson.
(b) Jeffrey Martin.
(c) Leonard Wright.
(d) Leroy Biersten.
4. How many hours a week did Jeremiah work sweeping and painting in the athletic building while he was in medical school?
(a) 20 hours.
(b) 15 hours.
(c) 30 hours.
(d) 40 hours.
5. Why does Davy get up early each morning?
(a) He has to be at his job early.
(b) To study.
(c) To fix breakfast.
(d) To run his muskrat traps.
6. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
(a) War at Sea.
(d) Dots and Boxes.
7. What time does Stanley Basca testify that Davy came to the Finch's on the night of the shooting?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 9:30 p.m.
(d) 8:30 p.m.
8. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) At Dr. Nokes'.
(b) At the DeCuellers'.
(c) A motel.
(d) At their house.
9. What time does the sheriff come to tell the DeCuellars and Lands that Davy broke out of jail?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
10. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
11. How long has Reuben been without a breath when his father comes into the delivery room?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 7 minutes.
(c) 12 minutes.
(d) 8 minutes.
12. What church do the Lands attend?
13. How much does it cost to send a postcard in 1963?
(a) 3 cents.
(b) 2 cents.
(c) 5 cents.
(d) 4 cents.
14. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
(a) Mr. Lawson.
(b) Mr. Reuben.
(c) Mr. Layton.
(d) Mr. Smythe.
15. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Stube take after Davy escaped on his watch?
2. How many shots does Davy fire when Israel and Tommy break in the house after midnight?
3. About twelve days after Davy's escape, Reuben comes to tell his father that his lungs are tight. What is Jeremiah reading that night?
4. Who wrote the book that Stube was reading the night that Davy escaped.
5. How old is Raymond, the boy who watches Reuben tear down the corncrib?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)