|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Swede's birthday, who do Davy and Reuben see in the timber?
(b) A tramp.
(d) Israel and Tommy.
2. What do the Lands eat for supper on Swede's birthday?
(a) Baked ham.
(b) Red potato chowder.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Clam chowder.
3. In Chapter 6, what time does the rain turn to snow?
(a) Around 11 p.m.
(b) Past midnight.
(c) Middle of the afternoon.
(d) Around 10 p.m.
4. When do the Lands leave Roofing in the Airstream?
(a) February 18.
(b) February 3.
(c) January 15.
(d) January 22.
5. Who is the judge who presides over Davy's trial?
(a) Judge Anderson.
(b) Judge Browning.
(c) Judge Watson.
(d) Judge Raster.
6. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
(a) A Belgian gelding.
(b) An Arabian mare.
(c) A Percheron stallion.
(d) A Quarter Horse stallion.
7. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 6 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
8. What was the first name of the doctor who delivered Reuben?
9. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
10. What was the name of August Shultz's horse when he and Jeremiah were growing up together?
11. What is the name of August Shultz's wife?
12. How many hours a week did Jeremiah work sweeping and painting in the athletic building while he was in medical school?
(a) 15 hours.
(b) 40 hours.
(c) 30 hours.
(d) 20 hours.
13. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Graham Greene.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
14. Who does Reuben talk to in the kitchen when Rev. Johnny Latt is preaching?
(a) Abby Martin.
(b) Mollie Pritchard.
(c) Becca Phillips.
(d) Bethany Orchard.
15. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) At their house.
(b) A motel.
(c) At Dr. Nokes'.
(d) At the DeCuellers'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter that turns public opinion against Davy?
2. What song does Jeremiah hum after Reuben buys groceries with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
3. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
4. When the goose is cleaned, what part does Swede want Reuben to give her?
5. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)