|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
(a) Midget Baker.
(b) Mighty Stinson.
(c) Giant Rowlings.
(d) Tiny Pruitt.
2. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
(c) Tin Lurvy.
3. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
(a) An Arabian mare.
(b) A Quarter Horse stallion.
(c) A Belgian gelding.
(d) A Percheron stallion.
4. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Washington Irving.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
5. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
(a) Mr. Layton.
(b) Mr. Smythe.
(c) Mr. Lawson.
(d) Mr. Reuben.
6. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
(a) Ham and cheese sandwiches.
(b) Chicken noodle soup.
(c) Tomato soup.
(d) Toasted cheese sandwiches.
7. What does Reuben dream the night that he and Swede plan to break Davy out of jail?
(a) That his father died.
(b) That a piglet bit him.
(c) That a snake bit him.
(d) That someone was chasing him.
8. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
(d) Iowa City.
9. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 7:30 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
10. When the goose is cleaned, what part does Swede want Reuben to give her?
11. What church do the Lands attend?
12. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
13. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
14. How long has Reuben been without a breath when his father comes into the delivery room?
(a) 12 minutes.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 7 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
15. In what year was Reuben born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was Stube released from Davy's cell?
2. How old is Raymond, the boy who watches Reuben tear down the corncrib?
3. Who is the judge who presides over Davy's trial?
4. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
5. What time do the Lands have to arrive at the courthouse for Davy's trial?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)