|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Reuben been without a breath when his father comes into the delivery room?
(a) 7 minutes.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 12 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
2. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
3. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
(b) Tin Lurvy.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
4. What is one of Swede's favorite authors?
(a) Zane Grey.
(b) Louis L'Amour.
(c) Rex Beach.
(d) Luke Short.
5. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
(a) Rubbing alcohol.
(c) Water and mild detergent.
6. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
(a) Apache Brave.
(b) Blackfoot Brave.
(c) Creek Brave.
(d) Sioux brave.
7. What does the Land family have for breakfast on Swede's birthday?
(b) French toast.
8. What church do the Lands attend?
9. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Graham Greene.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
10. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
11. In Chapter 6, what time does the rain turn to snow?
(a) Around 10 p.m.
(b) Middle of the afternoon.
(c) Past midnight.
(d) Around 11 p.m.
12. What type of bread does Mrs. Nokes often send the Lands when Davy is in jail?
(a) Rye bread.
(b) Cinnamon bread.
(c) Raisin bread.
(d) Onion bread.
13. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
(a) Toasted cheese sandwiches.
(b) Ham and cheese sandwiches.
(c) Tomato soup.
(d) Chicken noodle soup.
14. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
(a) An Arabian mare.
(b) A Belgian gelding.
(c) A Quarter Horse stallion.
(d) A Percheron stallion.
15. Who writes a letter that turns public opinion against Davy?
(a) Karen Basca.
(b) Stanley Basca.
(c) John Fisher.
(d) Margery Basca.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is August Shultz's place from Reuben's home?
2. What color sweater does Reuben wear when he testifies at Davy's trial?
3. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
4. What color was the Lands' front door before it was tarred?
5. In what year was Reuben born?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)