|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the principal who hired Jeremiah as a janitor?
(a) Leroy Biersten.
(b) William Davidson.
(c) Leonard Wright.
(d) Jeffrey Martin.
2. What does Swede want for Christmas in 1962?
(a) A cowboy outfit.
(b) A trip out west.
(c) A lariat.
(d) A pony.
3. On Swede's birthday, who do Davy and Reuben see in the timber?
(b) Israel and Tommy.
(c) A tramp.
4. What type of candy bar comes with Reuben's pay for tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Milky Way.
(b) Hershey bar.
(c) Mr. Goodbar.
(d) Almond Joy.
5. In Chapter 6, what time does the rain turn to snow?
(a) Around 10 p.m.
(b) Middle of the afternoon.
(c) Around 11 p.m.
(d) Past midnight.
6. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
(a) Graham Greene.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) C. S. Lewis.
7. What was the first name of the doctor who delivered Reuben?
8. What operation did Lurvy have six months before his visit on Swede's birthday?
(b) Hernia repair.
(d) Gallbladder removal.
9. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
10. How deep is the snow when Reuben begins tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Up to his middle.
(b) Up to his ankles.
(c) Up to his knees.
(d) Up to his hips.
11. What time does the sheriff come to tell the DeCuellars and Lands that Davy broke out of jail?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
12. Whose birthday is on December 16?
13. What day does Reuben begin to tear down the corncrib?
(a) December 3.
(b) December 1.
(c) December 20.
(d) December 16.
14. What was the name of the farmer's wife who lived on the farm where the tornado took Jeremiah?
(a) Marianne Evans.
(b) Annabelle Richards.
(c) Anna Roberts.
(d) Martha Levins.
15. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
(a) A man named Draper.
(b) A spinster woman named Wagner.
(c) A widow woman named Roberts.
(d) A man named Wiley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tin Lurvy selling on Swede's birthday?
2. What year is the Airstream trailer that Tin Lurvy leaves to Jeremiah in his will?
3. About twelve days after Davy's escape, Reuben comes to tell his father that his lungs are tight. What is Jeremiah reading that night?
4. Where is Davy put in jail?
5. What is the name of August Shultz's wife?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)