|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
(a) Mr. Smythe.
(b) Mr. Reuben.
(c) Mr. Layton.
(d) Mr. Lawson.
2. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
(a) A Belgian gelding.
(b) A Percheron stallion.
(c) An Arabian mare.
(d) A Quarter Horse stallion.
3. How much does Reuben get paid for tearing down the corncrib?
4. What color was the Lands' front door before it was tarred?
5. How many hours a week did Jeremiah work sweeping and painting in the athletic building while he was in medical school?
(a) 15 hours.
(b) 20 hours.
(c) 40 hours.
(d) 30 hours.
6. On Swede's birthday, who do Davy and Reuben see in the timber?
(a) Israel and Tommy.
(c) A tramp.
7. What was the first name of the doctor who delivered Reuben?
8. How much money does Jeremiah get when he sells his bed?
9. What does Reuben dream the night that he and Swede plan to break Davy out of jail?
(a) That someone was chasing him.
(b) That a piglet bit him.
(c) That his father died.
(d) That a snake bit him.
10. What job does Stube take after Davy escaped on his watch?
(a) Sales clerk.
(c) Street sweeper.
11. In what hospital was Reuben born?
(a) Wilson Hospital.
(b) Pennock Hospital.
(c) Skiff Hospital.
(d) Memorial Hospital.
12. On what floor did Helen, Jeremiah, and Davy Land live when they lived in student housing?
(a) 4th floor.
(b) 2nd floor.
(c) 1st floor.
(d) 3rd floor.
13. How deep is the snow when Reuben begins tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Up to his hips.
(b) Up to his knees.
(c) Up to his middle.
(d) Up to his ankles.
14. In Chapter 6, what time does the rain turn to snow?
(a) Past midnight.
(b) Middle of the afternoon.
(c) Around 10 p.m.
(d) Around 11 p.m.
15. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
(a) 30 men.
(b) 50 men.
(c) 25 men.
(d) 45 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday is on December 16?
2. Where is Davy put in jail?
3. What does Reuben want for Christmas in 1962?
4. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
5. How many shots does Davy fire when Israel and Tommy break in the house after midnight?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)