|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the sheriff come to tell the DeCuellars and Lands that Davy broke out of jail?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
2. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
3. What is the name of the principal who hired Jeremiah as a janitor?
(a) Leonard Wright.
(b) William Davidson.
(c) Jeffrey Martin.
(d) Leroy Biersten.
4. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
(a) Martin Dryson.
(b) Paul Wansor.
(c) Brian Wagonner.
(d) Walter Stockard.
5. What was the name of August Shultz's horse when he and Jeremiah were growing up together?
6. Who writes a letter that turns public opinion against Davy?
(a) Stanley Basca.
(b) Karen Basca.
(c) John Fisher.
(d) Margery Basca.
7. About twelve days after Davy's escape, Reuben comes to tell his father that his lungs are tight. What is Jeremiah reading that night?
(a) Psalm 91.
(b) Lamentations 3.
(c) Jeremiah 33.
(d) Psalm 121.
8. What does the Land family have for breakfast on Swede's birthday?
(b) French toast.
9. Where does Lurvy say he had a delicious batch of clam chowder in Seatlle?
(a) Ivar's Acres of Clams.
(b) Millie's Clam Shack.
(c) The Widder's Clam Shack.
(d) Mac's Clam Shack.
10. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
(a) Mr. Reuben.
(b) Mr. Layton.
(c) Mr. Lawson.
(d) Mr. Smythe.
11. How many hours a week did Jeremiah work sweeping and painting in the athletic building while he was in medical school?
(a) 15 hours.
(b) 40 hours.
(c) 30 hours.
(d) 20 hours.
12. What job does Stube take after Davy escaped on his watch?
(a) Sales clerk.
(b) Street sweeper.
13. When do the Lands leave Roofing in the Airstream?
(a) February 18.
(b) January 22.
(c) February 3.
(d) January 15.
14. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
15. How much does it cost to send a postcard in 1963?
(a) 3 cents.
(b) 4 cents.
(c) 2 cents.
(d) 5 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
2. How many shots does Davy fire when Israel and Tommy break in the house after midnight?
3. What is the name of Davy's girlfriend who is beaten in the girls' locker room?
4. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
5. What type of vehicle do the Lands drive when they go hunting at Shultz's place?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)