|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A musician.
2. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
(a) A blue denim jacket.
(b) A brown wool jacket.
(c) An old bomber jacket.
(d) A black canvas jacket.
3. When do the Lands leave Roofing in the Airstream?
(a) February 18.
(b) January 22.
(c) February 3.
(d) January 15.
4. What do the Lands eat for supper on Swede's birthday?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Baked ham.
(c) Red potato chowder.
(d) Clam chowder.
5. In Chapter 6, what time does the rain turn to snow?
(a) Past midnight.
(b) Middle of the afternoon.
(c) Around 11 p.m.
(d) Around 10 p.m.
6. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
7. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A western.
(c) A biography.
(d) An autobiography.
8. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
9. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) A motel.
(b) At the DeCuellers'.
(c) At Dr. Nokes'.
(d) At their house.
10. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
11. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
(a) Richard Matheson.
(b) Owen Wister.
(c) Matt Braun.
(d) Stephen Bly.
12. What type of vehicle do the Lands drive when they go hunting at Shultz's place?
13. What is the name of August Shultz's wife?
14. What color was the Lands' front door before it was tarred?
15. Why does Davy get up early each morning?
(a) He has to be at his job early.
(b) To study.
(c) To run his muskrat traps.
(d) To fix breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
2. What does Reuben see in a dream that wakes him after the goose hunt?
3. What operation did Lurvy have six months before his visit on Swede's birthday?
4. What song does Jeremiah hum after Reuben buys groceries with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
5. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)