|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book that Stube was reading the night that Davy escaped.
(a) Louis L'Amour.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Mike Hammer.
(d) Clive Cussler.
2. How old is Reuben when he sees his father's third miracle?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
3. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
(a) A brown wool jacket.
(b) A blue denim jacket.
(c) A black canvas jacket.
(d) An old bomber jacket.
4. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
(d) Tin Lurvy.
5. What type of candy bar comes with Reuben's pay for tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Almond Joy.
(b) Mr. Goodbar.
(c) Milky Way.
(d) Hershey bar.
6. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
(a) 45 men.
(b) 25 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 30 men.
7. What job does Stube take after Davy escaped on his watch?
(b) Street sweeper.
(c) Sales clerk.
8. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
(a) Mr. Layton.
(b) Mr. Reuben.
(c) Mr. Smythe.
(d) Mr. Lawson.
9. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
(a) Tiny Pruitt.
(b) Mighty Stinson.
(c) Giant Rowlings.
(d) Midget Baker.
10. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
11. On Swede's birthday, who do Davy and Reuben see in the timber?
(b) A tramp.
(c) Israel and Tommy.
12. What day does Reuben begin to tear down the corncrib?
(a) December 3.
(b) December 20.
(c) December 16.
(d) December 1.
13. Where does Lurvy say he had a delicious batch of clam chowder in Seatlle?
(a) The Widder's Clam Shack.
(b) Millie's Clam Shack.
(c) Mac's Clam Shack.
(d) Ivar's Acres of Clams.
14. What color sweater does Reuben wear when he testifies at Davy's trial?
15. Why does Davy get up early each morning?
(a) To run his muskrat traps.
(b) He has to be at his job early.
(c) To fix breakfast.
(d) To study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
2. Whose birthday is on December 16?
3. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
4. What time does the sheriff come to tell the DeCuellars and Lands that Davy broke out of jail?
5. How old was Jeremiah when he was caught by a tornado.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)