|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reuben talk to in the kitchen when Rev. Johnny Latt is preaching?
(a) Becca Phillips.
(b) Abby Martin.
(c) Mollie Pritchard.
(d) Bethany Orchard.
2. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
(d) Iowa City.
3. What was the name of the farmer's wife who lived on the farm where the tornado took Jeremiah?
(a) Marianne Evans.
(b) Annabelle Richards.
(c) Martha Levins.
(d) Anna Roberts.
4. How far is August Shultz's place from Reuben's home?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
5. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
(a) A man named Wiley.
(b) A spinster woman named Wagner.
(c) A widow woman named Roberts.
(d) A man named Draper.
6. How long has Reuben been without a breath when his father comes into the delivery room?
(a) 12 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 8 minutes.
(d) 7 minutes.
7. What time was Stube released from Davy's cell?
8. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
(a) Giant Rowlings.
(b) Tiny Pruitt.
(c) Midget Baker.
(d) Mighty Stinson.
9. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
10. What does the Land family have for breakfast on Swede's birthday?
(a) French toast.
11. How old is Reuben when he sees his father's third miracle?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
12. Why does Davy get up early each morning?
(a) To fix breakfast.
(b) To study.
(c) He has to be at his job early.
(d) To run his muskrat traps.
13. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
14. How many shots does Davy fire when Israel and Tommy break in the house after midnight?
(a) 3 shots.
(b) 1 shot.
(c) 2 shots.
(d) 4 shots.
15. In Chapter 6, what time does the rain turn to snow?
(a) Middle of the afternoon.
(b) Past midnight.
(c) Around 11 p.m.
(d) Around 10 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the Lands' front door before it was tarred?
2. What was the name of the skeleton Jeremiah studied in medical school?
3. What song does Jeremiah hum after Reuben buys groceries with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
4. Who writes a letter that turns public opinion against Davy?
5. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)