|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
(a) A mystery.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A western.
(d) A biography.
2. When do the Lands leave Roofing in the Airstream?
(a) January 15.
(b) February 18.
(c) February 3.
(d) January 22.
3. In what month was Reuben born?
4. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
(a) Mr. Smythe.
(b) Mr. Reuben.
(c) Mr. Lawson.
(d) Mr. Layton.
5. About twelve days after Davy's escape, Reuben comes to tell his father that his lungs are tight. What is Jeremiah reading that night?
(a) Psalm 121.
(b) Lamentations 3.
(c) Jeremiah 33.
(d) Psalm 91.
6. How much money does Jeremiah get when he sells his bed?
7. How far is August Shultz's place from Reuben's home?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
8. What color sweater does Reuben wear when he testifies at Davy's trial?
9. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
(b) Iowa City.
10. Who wrote the book that Stube was reading the night that Davy escaped.
(a) Clive Cussler.
(b) Mike Hammer.
(c) Louis L'Amour.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
11. Where was Lurvy when he became sick and needed an operation?
12. What operation did Lurvy have six months before his visit on Swede's birthday?
(a) Gallbladder removal.
(c) Hernia repair.
13. Where does Jeremiah suggest the family move when he is struggling with pneumonia?
(c) New Mexico.
14. What does Reuben see in a dream that wakes him after the goose hunt?
(a) A dead horse.
(c) A dead wolf.
(d) A snake.
15. Whose birthday is on December 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is the Airstream trailer that Tin Lurvy leaves to Jeremiah in his will?
2. What was the first name of the doctor who delivered Reuben?
3. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
4. On Swede's birthday, who do Davy and Reuben see in the timber?
5. What church do the Lands attend?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)