|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 17 years old.
2. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
3. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
(a) Graham Greene.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) C. S. Lewis.
4. What color sweater does Reuben wear when he testifies at Davy's trial?
5. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
(b) Iowa City.
6. Why does Davy get up early each morning?
(a) To fix breakfast.
(b) To study.
(c) He has to be at his job early.
(d) To run his muskrat traps.
7. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
(a) Giant Rowlings.
(b) Midget Baker.
(c) Mighty Stinson.
(d) Tiny Pruitt.
8. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
9. What is Tin Lurvy selling on Swede's birthday?
(a) Patented medicines.
(b) World Book encyclopedias.
(d) Vacuum cleaners.
10. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
11. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
(a) War at Sea.
(c) Dots and Boxes.
12. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
(a) A mystery.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A biography.
(d) A western.
13. What was the name of the skeleton Jeremiah studied in medical school?
14. How deep is the snow when Reuben begins tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Up to his hips.
(b) Up to his knees.
(c) Up to his ankles.
(d) Up to his middle.
15. How old was Jeremiah when he was caught by a tornado.
(a) 33 years old.
(b) 25 years old.
(c) 28 years old.
(d) 31 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of the doctor who delivered Reuben?
2. What instrument does Rev. Johnny Latt play?
3. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
4. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
5. How many shots does Davy fire when Israel and Tommy break in the house after midnight?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)