Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tin Lurvy selling on Swede's birthday?
(a) Vacuum cleaners.
(b) World Book encyclopedias.
(d) Patented medicines.
2. What song does Jeremiah hum after Reuben buys groceries with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
(a) God Rest You Merry Gentlemen.
(b) Away in a Manager.
(c) Silent Night.
(d) It Came Upon a Midnight Clear.
3. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
4. What day does Reuben begin to tear down the corncrib?
(a) December 3.
(b) December 16.
(c) December 1.
(d) December 20.
5. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
(a) 80 miles.
(b) 75 miles.
(c) 70 miles.
(d) 85 miles.
6. When the goose is cleaned, what part does Swede want Reuben to give her?
7. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
(a) Tomato soup.
(b) Toasted cheese sandwiches.
(c) Chicken noodle soup.
(d) Ham and cheese sandwiches.
8. Where was Lurvy when he became sick and needed an operation?
9. What does Reuben want for Christmas in 1962?
(a) A Spartacus model.
(b) An American frontier set.
(c) A model rocket.
(d) A Crashmobile.
10. Where does Jeremiah suggest the family move when he is struggling with pneumonia?
(d) New Mexico.
11. How many shots does Davy fire when Israel and Tommy break in the house after midnight?
(a) 4 shots.
(b) 2 shots.
(c) 3 shots.
(d) 1 shot.
12. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
(a) A spinster woman named Wagner.
(b) A man named Wiley.
(c) A man named Draper.
(d) A widow woman named Roberts.
13. What time was Stube released from Davy's cell?
14. How deep is the snow when Reuben begins tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Up to his ankles.
(b) Up to his middle.
(c) Up to his hips.
(d) Up to his knees.
15. What color was the Lands' front door before it was tarred?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color sweater does Reuben wear when he testifies at Davy's trial?
2. Where does Lurvy say he had a delicious batch of clam chowder in Seatlle?
3. How much money does Jeremiah get when he sells his bed?
4. What time do the Lands have to arrive at the courthouse for Davy's trial?
5. How old is Raymond, the boy who watches Reuben tear down the corncrib?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)