|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
2. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
(a) Sioux brave.
(b) Apache Brave.
(c) Blackfoot Brave.
(d) Creek Brave.
3. On Swede's birthday, who do Davy and Reuben see in the timber?
(a) Israel and Tommy.
(c) A tramp.
4. What does Reuben dream the night that he and Swede plan to break Davy out of jail?
(a) That a snake bit him.
(b) That a piglet bit him.
(c) That someone was chasing him.
(d) That his father died.
5. What is the name of August Shultz's wife?
6. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
(a) Giant Rowlings.
(b) Midget Baker.
(c) Tiny Pruitt.
(d) Mighty Stinson.
7. How many shots does Davy fire when Israel and Tommy break in the house after midnight?
(a) 4 shots.
(b) 1 shot.
(c) 3 shots.
(d) 2 shots.
8. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
(a) Iowa City.
9. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
(c) Tin Lurvy.
10. When do the Lands leave Roofing in the Airstream?
(a) January 15.
(b) February 3.
(c) February 18.
(d) January 22.
11. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
(a) A brown wool jacket.
(b) An old bomber jacket.
(c) A black canvas jacket.
(d) A blue denim jacket.
12. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
(a) Walter Stockard.
(b) Paul Wansor.
(c) Brian Wagonner.
(d) Martin Dryson.
13. What does Swede want for Christmas in 1962?
(a) A cowboy outfit.
(b) A trip out west.
(c) A pony.
(d) A lariat.
14. What does Reuben want for Christmas in 1962?
(a) A model rocket.
(b) A Spartacus model.
(c) A Crashmobile.
(d) An American frontier set.
15. What do the Lands eat for supper on Swede's birthday?
(a) Baked ham.
(b) Clam chowder.
(c) Red potato chowder.
(d) Fried chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
2. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
3. Where does Lurvy say he had a delicious batch of clam chowder in Seatlle?
4. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
5. What is one of Swede's favorite authors?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)