|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuben want to buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A model rocket.
(c) A baseball and bat.
(d) A telescope.
2. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
(a) 7:30 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
3. Whose birthday is on December 16?
4. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
(a) An old bomber jacket.
(b) A blue denim jacket.
(c) A brown wool jacket.
(d) A black canvas jacket.
5. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A musician.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
6. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
(a) Paul Wansor.
(b) Brian Wagonner.
(c) Walter Stockard.
(d) Martin Dryson.
7. What time does the sheriff come to tell the DeCuellars and Lands that Davy broke out of jail?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
8. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
9. What color sweater does Reuben wear when he testifies at Davy's trial?
10. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
11. Who owns a corncrib that Reuben tears down?
(a) Mr. Smythe.
(b) Mr. Lawson.
(c) Mr. Reuben.
(d) Mr. Layton.
12. What does Reuben see in a dream that wakes him after the goose hunt?
(b) A snake.
(c) A dead horse.
(d) A dead wolf.
13. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
(c) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
(d) Tin Lurvy.
14. What time do the Lands have to arrive at the courthouse for Davy's trial?
(a) 8 a.m.
(b) 8:30 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 7:30 a.m.
15. What instrument does Rev. Johnny Latt play?
(b) French Horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is August Shultz's place from Reuben's home?
2. Who wrote the book that Stube was reading the night that Davy escaped.
3. How old was Jeremiah when he was caught by a tornado.
4. Who is the judge who presides over Davy's trial?
5. What church do the Lands attend?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)