|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 7:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
2. What is the name of Davy's girlfriend who is beaten in the girls' locker room?
3. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
4. What does Reuben want for Christmas in 1962?
(a) A model rocket.
(b) A Spartacus model.
(c) A Crashmobile.
(d) An American frontier set.
5. Whose birthday is on December 16?
6. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
(a) 85 miles.
(b) 75 miles.
(c) 80 miles.
(d) 70 miles.
7. How much money does Jeremiah get when he sells his bed?
8. In what year was Reuben born?
9. In what hospital was Reuben born?
(a) Pennock Hospital.
(b) Wilson Hospital.
(c) Memorial Hospital.
(d) Skiff Hospital.
10. How old is Raymond, the boy who watches Reuben tear down the corncrib?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
11. What type of candy bar comes with Reuben's pay for tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Milky Way.
(b) Hershey bar.
(c) Mr. Goodbar.
(d) Almond Joy.
12. What is Tin Lurvy selling on Swede's birthday?
(a) World Book encyclopedias.
(c) Vacuum cleaners.
(d) Patented medicines.
13. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
(a) Creek Brave.
(b) Sioux brave.
(c) Blackfoot Brave.
(d) Apache Brave.
14. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
(b) Iowa City.
15. What type of vehicle do the Lands drive when they go hunting at Shultz's place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does it cost to send a postcard in 1963?
2. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
3. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
4. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
5. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)