|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
(a) A biography.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A mystery.
(d) A western.
2. In what year was Reuben born?
3. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
4. How much money does Jeremiah get when he sells his bed?
5. In Chapter 6, what time does the rain turn to snow?
(a) Past midnight.
(b) Around 11 p.m.
(c) Middle of the afternoon.
(d) Around 10 p.m.
6. What instrument does Rev. Johnny Latt play?
(d) French Horn.
7. What is Tin Lurvy selling on Swede's birthday?
(b) World Book encyclopedias.
(c) Patented medicines.
(d) Vacuum cleaners.
8. How old is Raymond, the boy who watches Reuben tear down the corncrib?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
9. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
10. What is the name of Davy's girlfriend who is beaten in the girls' locker room?
11. Who does Reuben talk to in the kitchen when Rev. Johnny Latt is preaching?
(a) Bethany Orchard.
(b) Becca Phillips.
(c) Abby Martin.
(d) Mollie Pritchard.
12. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
(c) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
(d) Tin Lurvy.
13. What type of candy bar comes with Reuben's pay for tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Mr. Goodbar.
(b) Hershey bar.
(c) Almond Joy.
(d) Milky Way.
14. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) At Dr. Nokes'.
(b) A motel.
(c) At the DeCuellers'.
(d) At their house.
15. What does Reuben want to buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A baseball and bat.
(c) A model rocket.
(d) A canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
2. What was the name of the skeleton Jeremiah studied in medical school?
3. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
4. What does Swede want for Christmas in 1962?
5. When do the Lands leave Roofing in the Airstream?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)