|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lurvy say he had a delicious batch of clam chowder in Seatlle?
(a) Mac's Clam Shack.
(b) Millie's Clam Shack.
(c) Ivar's Acres of Clams.
(d) The Widder's Clam Shack.
2. When do the Lands leave Roofing in the Airstream?
(a) January 15.
(b) February 3.
(c) February 18.
(d) January 22.
3. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Nokes.
(b) Tin Lurvy.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. DeCuellar.
4. When the goose is cleaned, what part does Swede want Reuben to give her?
5. Who wrote the book that Stube was reading the night that Davy escaped.
(a) Mike Hammer.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Clive Cussler.
(d) Louis L'Amour.
6. What job does Stube take after Davy escaped on his watch?
(a) Sales clerk.
(c) Street sweeper.
7. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A musician.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A doctor.
8. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
9. What was the name of August Shultz's horse when he and Jeremiah were growing up together?
10. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
(a) Creek Brave.
(b) Sioux brave.
(c) Apache Brave.
(d) Blackfoot Brave.
11. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
(a) 30 men.
(b) 25 men.
(c) 45 men.
(d) 50 men.
12. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) At Dr. Nokes'.
(b) At the DeCuellers'.
(c) At their house.
(d) A motel.
13. What was the name of the skeleton Jeremiah studied in medical school?
14. How much does Reuben get paid for tearing down the corncrib?
15. How old is Raymond, the boy who watches Reuben tear down the corncrib?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Davy's girlfriend who is beaten in the girls' locker room?
2. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
3. What time do the Lands have to arrive at the courthouse for Davy's trial?
4. What is one of Swede's favorite authors?
5. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)