|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Stanley Basca testify that Davy came to the Finch's on the night of the shooting?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
2. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
3. What time do the Lands have to arrive at the courthouse for Davy's trial?
(a) 8 a.m.
(b) 8:30 a.m.
(c) 7:30 a.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
4. What type of vehicle do the Lands drive when they go hunting at Shultz's place?
5. How much money does Jeremiah get when he sells his bed?
6. On what floor did Helen, Jeremiah, and Davy Land live when they lived in student housing?
(a) 4th floor.
(b) 1st floor.
(c) 3rd floor.
(d) 2nd floor.
7. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
(a) C. S. Lewis.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Graham Greene.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
8. Who wrote the book that Stube was reading the night that Davy escaped.
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Clive Cussler.
(c) Mike Hammer.
(d) Louis L'Amour.
9. What type of candy bar comes with Reuben's pay for tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Almond Joy.
(b) Hershey bar.
(c) Mr. Goodbar.
(d) Milky Way.
10. About twelve days after Davy's escape, Reuben comes to tell his father that his lungs are tight. What is Jeremiah reading that night?
(a) Jeremiah 33.
(b) Lamentations 3.
(c) Psalm 91.
(d) Psalm 121.
11. What are the Land's hunting when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
12. What does Reuben want to buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A baseball and bat.
(d) A model rocket.
13. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
(a) Water and mild detergent.
(b) Rubbing alcohol.
14. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
(a) Iowa City.
15. What song does Jeremiah hum after Reuben buys groceries with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Silent Night.
(b) Away in a Manager.
(c) It Came Upon a Midnight Clear.
(d) God Rest You Merry Gentlemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lurvy say he had a delicious batch of clam chowder in Seatlle?
2. What does Reuben want for Christmas in 1962?
3. In what year was Reuben born?
4. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
5. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)