|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 23, The Red Farm, Be Jubilant, My Feet, The Curious Music That I Hear.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food is cooked in a Dutch oven the first time that Reuben visits Davy at Waltzer's cabin?
(a) Chicken and dumplings.
(b) Beef stew.
(c) Sweet potatoes and sausage.
(d) Roast beef and potatoes.
2. What was the name of Mrs. Roosevelt's brother who collected moths in South America?
(a) Captain Manning.
(b) Captain James.
(c) Captain Roberts.
(d) Captain Phillips.
3. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
(a) Richard Matheson.
(b) Matt Braun.
(c) Stephen Bly.
(d) Owen Wister.
4. What do the Lands eat for supper on Swede's birthday?
(a) Red potato chowder.
(b) Baked ham.
(c) Clam chowder.
(d) Fried chicken.
5. What does Roxanna offer Reuben when he wakes with a fever in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was Stube released from Davy's cell?
2. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
3. What was the name of the farmer's wife who lived on the farm where the tornado took Jeremiah?
4. How long has Sara lived with Waltzer?
5. What church do the Lands attend?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)