|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 18, The Little Man's Country, Winning Her Hand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a letter that turns public opinion against Davy?
(a) Margery Basca.
(b) Karen Basca.
(c) Stanley Basca.
(d) John Fisher.
2. What is the name of the horse that struck August in the ear when he was shoeing him several years earlier?
3. What does Roxanna offer Reuben when he wakes with a fever in Chapter 18?
4. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
(a) Dots and Boxes.
(b) War at Sea.
5. What was in the car of the man who gave Davy a ride?
(b) Musical instruments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Roxanna's great-uncle's occupation?
2. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
3. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
4. What river do the Lands come upon after leaving Linton?
5. What is the temperature Sunday morning when the Lands wake ten miles out of Mandan?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)