|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10, By the Grace of Lurvy, The Substance of Things Hoped For.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
(a) Richard Matheson.
(b) Owen Wister.
(c) Matt Braun.
(d) Stephen Bly.
2. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) At the DeCuellers'.
(b) At their house.
(c) A motel.
(d) At Dr. Nokes'.
3. About twelve days after Davy's escape, Reuben comes to tell his father that his lungs are tight. What is Jeremiah reading that night?
(a) Psalm 91.
(b) Jeremiah 33.
(c) Psalm 121.
(d) Lamentations 3.
4. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
(a) Dots and Boxes.
(b) War at Sea.
5. How old was Jeremiah when he was caught by a tornado.
(a) 31 years old.
(b) 28 years old.
(c) 33 years old.
(d) 25 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the goose is cleaned, what part does Swede want Reuben to give her?
2. How many hours a week did Jeremiah work sweeping and painting in the athletic building while he was in medical school?
3. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
4. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
5. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)