|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10, By the Grace of Lurvy, The Substance of Things Hoped For.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Washington Irving.
(c) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
(a) Martin Dryson.
(b) Paul Wansor.
(c) Brian Wagonner.
(d) Walter Stockard.
3. What was the name of the skeleton Jeremiah studied in medical school?
4. Who writes a letter that turns public opinion against Davy?
(a) Margery Basca.
(b) Stanley Basca.
(c) John Fisher.
(d) Karen Basca.
5. What operation did Lurvy have six months before his visit on Swede's birthday?
(a) Hernia repair.
(c) Gallbladder removal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what hospital was Reuben born?
2. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
3. What type of pie does Mrs. DeCuellar serve for breakfast?
4. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
5. How much does Reuben get paid for tearing down the corncrib?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)