|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10, By the Grace of Lurvy, The Substance of Things Hoped For.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
(c) Water and mild detergent.
(d) Rubbing alcohol.
2. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) At Dr. Nokes'.
(b) A motel.
(c) At their house.
(d) At the DeCuellers'.
3. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 7:30 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
4. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A musician.
5. What does Swede want for Christmas in 1962?
(a) A pony.
(b) A cowboy outfit.
(c) A trip out west.
(d) A lariat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuben want to buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
2. How much does Reuben get paid for tearing down the corncrib?
3. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
4. Whose birthday is on December 16?
5. What song does Jeremiah hum after Reuben buys groceries with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)