|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10, By the Grace of Lurvy, The Substance of Things Hoped For.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helen go after she left Jeremiah?
(c) Iowa City.
2. How old is Reuben when he sees his father's third miracle?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 9 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
3. What does Reuben see in a dream that wakes him after the goose hunt?
(a) A dead horse.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dead wolf.
4. In what type of jacket did Jeremiah wrap Reuben in the delivery room?
(a) An old bomber jacket.
(b) A blue denim jacket.
(c) A brown wool jacket.
(d) A black canvas jacket.
5. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Graham Greene.
(c) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) C. S. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Stube take after Davy escaped on his watch?
2. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
3. What does Reuben want to buy with the money he earns from tearing down the corncrib?
4. How far is it from Roofing to North Dakota?
5. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)