|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10, By the Grace of Lurvy, The Substance of Things Hoped For.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Rev. Johnny Latt play?
(a) French Horn.
2. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
(a) An autobiography.
(b) A biography.
(c) A mystery.
(d) A western.
3. What does the Land family have for breakfast on Swede's birthday?
(b) French toast.
4. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 17 years old.
5. What game does Mr. DeCuellar teach Swede and Reuben to help them pass the time while they wait to be admitted to the courtroom?
(a) War at Sea.
(b) Dots and Boxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Swede's birthday, who do Davy and Reuben see in the timber?
2. What day does Reuben begin to tear down the corncrib?
3. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
4. About twelve days after Davy's escape, Reuben comes to tell his father that his lungs are tight. What is Jeremiah reading that night?
5. How many hours a week did Jeremiah work sweeping and painting in the athletic building while he was in medical school?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)