|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10, By the Grace of Lurvy, The Substance of Things Hoped For.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Stube take after Davy escaped on his watch?
(a) Street sweeper.
(c) Sales clerk.
2. What type of bread does Mrs. Nokes often send the Lands when Davy is in jail?
(a) Raisin bread.
(b) Rye bread.
(c) Cinnamon bread.
(d) Onion bread.
3. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(c) Graham Greene.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
4. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
5. How deep is the snow when Reuben begins tearing down the corncrib?
(a) Up to his knees.
(b) Up to his hips.
(c) Up to his middle.
(d) Up to his ankles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the principal who hired Jeremiah as a janitor?
2. What year is the Airstream trailer that Tin Lurvy leaves to Jeremiah in his will?
3. What time do the Lands go to the DeCuellar's for breakfast the day of the trial?
4. What church do the Lands attend?
5. Who comes to spend Christmas eve with the Lands?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)