|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10, By the Grace of Lurvy, The Substance of Things Hoped For.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Reuben been without a breath when his father comes into the delivery room?
(a) 12 minutes.
(b) 7 minutes.
(c) 8 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
2. What job does Stube take after Davy escaped on his watch?
(b) Street sweeper.
(c) Sales clerk.
3. Where is Davy put in jail?
4. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
(a) A biography.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A western.
(d) A mystery.
5. What color sweater does Reuben wear when he testifies at Davy's trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the judge who presides over Davy's trial?
2. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
3. Who owns the hundred-acre wood lot at the edge of Roofing?
4. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
5. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)