|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10, By the Grace of Lurvy, The Substance of Things Hoped For.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do the Lands have to arrive at the courthouse for Davy's trial?
(a) 7:30 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 8:30 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
2. What does Reuben dream the night that he and Swede plan to break Davy out of jail?
(a) That his father died.
(b) That someone was chasing him.
(c) That a piglet bit him.
(d) That a snake bit him.
3. What was the name of August Shultz's horse when he and Jeremiah were growing up together?
4. Where does Jeremiah suggest the family move when he is struggling with pneumonia?
(b) New Mexico.
5. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) Graham Greene.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
2. How old is Reuben's brother, Davy, when Reuben sees his father's third miracle?
3. On what floor did Helen, Jeremiah, and Davy Land live when they lived in student housing?
4. In what month was Reuben born?
5. What job does Stube take after Davy escaped on his watch?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)