|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8, Late In the Night When the Fires Are Out, A Boy On A Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
2. How far is August Shultz's place from Reuben's home?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
3. What does Swede pretend to be when the Lands crawl up on Canadian geese?
(a) Creek Brave.
(b) Blackfoot Brave.
(c) Apache Brave.
(d) Sioux brave.
4. What is the name of Davy's girlfriend who is beaten in the girls' locker room?
5. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
(a) Richard Matheson.
(b) Matt Braun.
(c) Stephen Bly.
(d) Owen Wister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
2. On Swede's birthday, who do Davy and Reuben see in the timber?
3. What was the name of the farmer's wife who lived on the farm where the tornado took Jeremiah?
4. What does a farmer report stolen three days after Davy's escape?
5. Who writes a letter that turns public opinion against Davy?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)