|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 6, Peeking at Eternity, When Sorrows Like Sea Billows Roll.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
(a) Stephen Bly.
(b) Owen Wister.
(c) Richard Matheson.
(d) Matt Braun.
2. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) At their house.
(b) A motel.
(c) At Dr. Nokes'.
(d) At the DeCuellers'.
3. What instrument does Rev. Johnny Latt play?
(b) French Horn.
4. What was the name of the farmer's wife who lived on the farm where the tornado took Jeremiah?
(a) Anna Roberts.
(b) Marianne Evans.
(c) Annabelle Richards.
(d) Martha Levins.
5. What is Tin Lurvy selling on Swede's birthday?
(b) Patented medicines.
(c) Vacuum cleaners.
(d) World Book encyclopedias.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fish did Oscar Larson and Jeremiah usually catch?
2. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
3. How old is Reuben when he sees his father's third miracle?
4. What type of bread does Mrs. Nokes often send the Lands when Davy is in jail?
5. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)