|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8, Late In the Night When the Fires Are Out, A Boy On A Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Lands eat for supper on Swede's birthday?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Baked ham.
(c) Red potato chowder.
(d) Clam chowder.
2. What is the name of the sheriff who brings the news of Davy's escape?
3. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
4. What time was Stube released from Davy's cell?
5. What does Swede read to Reuben the night after the first day of Davy's trial?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) Graham Greene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reuben talk to in the kitchen when Rev. Johnny Latt is preaching?
2. What type of vehicle do the Lands drive when they go hunting at Shultz's place?
3. What does Jeremiah use to remove tar from his front door?
4. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
5. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)