|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8, Late In the Night When the Fires Are Out, A Boy On A Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What western author might Jeremiah have enjoyed reading when he was in his late twenties?
(a) Owen Wister.
(b) Stephen Bly.
(c) Richard Matheson.
(d) Matt Braun.
2. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
(a) Midget Baker.
(b) Tiny Pruitt.
(c) Mighty Stinson.
(d) Giant Rowlings.
3. On Swede's birthday, who do Davy and Reuben see in the timber?
(a) A tramp.
(c) Israel and Tommy.
4. What was the name of the farmer's wife who lived on the farm where the tornado took Jeremiah?
(a) Marianne Evans.
(b) Martha Levins.
(c) Anna Roberts.
(d) Annabelle Richards.
5. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
(a) Chicken noodle soup.
(b) Toasted cheese sandwiches.
(c) Ham and cheese sandwiches.
(d) Tomato soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bread does Mrs. Nokes often send the Lands when Davy is in jail?
2. How old is Swede at the beginning of the novel?
3. How many hours a week did Jeremiah work sweeping and painting in the athletic building while he was in medical school?
4. What was Stube reading when he was on deputy duty the night Davy escaped?
5. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)