|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 14, Something Warm, The Skin Bag.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men in the following days show up at the courthouse armed with old guns to join the posse searching for Davy?
(a) 50 men.
(b) 30 men.
(c) 45 men.
(d) 25 men.
2. What do the Lands have for lunch on Swede's birthday?
(a) Chicken noodle soup.
(b) Tomato soup.
(c) Toasted cheese sandwiches.
(d) Ham and cheese sandwiches.
3. In Chapter 6, what time does the rain turn to snow?
(a) Past midnight.
(b) Around 10 p.m.
(c) Around 11 p.m.
(d) Middle of the afternoon.
4. When did the owner of the gas station that the Lands go to on Sunday leave?
(a) September 20.
(b) November 25.
(c) October 15.
(d) December 3.
5. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
(a) Washington Irving.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color sweater does Reuben wear when he testifies at Davy's trial?
2. What type of candy bar comes with Reuben's pay for tearing down the corncrib?
3. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
4. Who writes a letter that turns public opinion against Davy?
5. How much does it cost to send a postcard in 1963?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)