|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 18, The Little Man's Country, Winning Her Hand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Helen marry after she left Jeremiah?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A musician.
2. What food is cooked in a Dutch oven the first time that Reuben visits Davy at Waltzer's cabin?
(a) Roast beef and potatoes.
(b) Sweet potatoes and sausage.
(c) Beef stew.
(d) Chicken and dumplings.
3. What type of berries did Jeremiah's father grow when they had their homestead?
4. Where did Davy shave after his escape'?
(a) At the Schultz's.
(b) At a motel.
(c) At a Shell station.
(d) In an old barn.
5. What river do the Lands come upon after leaving Linton?
(b) Minnesota River.
(c) Red Lake River.
(d) Missouri River.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reuben goes with Davy in Chapter 17 and sees what might be Venus or Jupiter, what direction does he think they might be traveling?
2. What type of horse does Davy ride when he gets Reuben for his second visit to the cabin?
3. What do the Lands have for supper when parked in Linton?
4. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
5. How old was Jeremiah when he was caught by a tornado.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)