|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 18, The Little Man's Country, Winning Her Hand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) A motel.
(b) At Dr. Nokes'.
(c) At their house.
(d) At the DeCuellers'.
2. What is the name of the Shultzes' hound dog?
3. Where is Davy put in jail?
4. What is the name of Davy's fellow inmate in the jail?
(a) Mighty Stinson.
(b) Giant Rowlings.
(c) Midget Baker.
(d) Tiny Pruitt.
5. What food is cooked in a Dutch oven the first time that Reuben visits Davy at Waltzer's cabin?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Roast beef and potatoes.
(c) Sweet potatoes and sausage.
(d) Chicken and dumplings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birdie collect?
2. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
3. What room do Swede and Reuben sleep in at the Shultz's?
4. What month did a tornado strike the town where Jeremiah, Helen, and Davy lived while Jeremiah attended medical school?
5. When Reuben goes with Davy in Chapter 17 and sees what might be Venus or Jupiter, what direction does he think they might be traveling?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)