|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 18, The Little Man's Country, Winning Her Hand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Lands have for supper when they arrive at the Shultz's in the Airstream?
(a) Baked ham.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Creamed chicken.
(d) Fried chicken.
2. How many hours a week did Jeremiah work sweeping and painting in the athletic building while he was in medical school?
(a) 30 hours.
(b) 20 hours.
(c) 40 hours.
(d) 15 hours.
3. How long has Sara lived with Waltzer?
(a) 4-5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5-6 years.
(d) 7 years.
4. Where do Jeremiah, Swede, and Reuben spend the night the first night that Davy is in jail?
(a) A motel.
(b) At Dr. Nokes'.
(c) At the DeCuellers'.
(d) At their house.
5. What does Birdie collect?
(a) Spoons from all 50 states.
(b) Salt and pepper shakers.
(c) Miniature dolls.
(d) Little thimbles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reuben goes with Davy in Chapter 17 and sees what might be Venus or Jupiter, what direction does he think they might be traveling?
2. What does Roxanna offer Reuben when he wakes with a fever in Chapter 18?
3. What do the Lands have for supper when parked in Linton?
4. Which deputy, during the first two weeks that Davy is in jail, reads some of the letters that Davy receives?
5. What would Helen Land read to Davy when he was one year old?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)