Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1 - 2, Clay, His Separate Shadow Abstract
* Reuben Land tells about his difficult birth in September of 1951.
* When he was born, he was unable to breathe.
* Dr. Animas Nokes, the attending doctor, laid Reuben down and rubbed him hard with a towel.
* He pounded Reuben's back, rolled him over and massaged his chest.
* Jeremiah Land, Reuben's...
This section contains 5,603 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)