Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
2. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
3. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
4. What are the fruits of meditation?
5. How many years does it take for nuclear waste to become a flower?
Essay Topic 1
Hanh remarks that even the wealthiest can die of suffering. Apply his words to a wealthy country. How could the country cease to exist even though it had tremendous resources?
Essay Topic 2
Using Hanh's article "Transforming Feelings" as a resource, explain how anger, if left unchecked, can destroy the suffering, yet leave the aggressor unscathed.
Essay Topic 3
In "Nourishing Awareness in Each Moment," Hanh compares our senses to windows. Using his comparison develop an essay that explores at least five similarities.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)