Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
2. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
3. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
4. What are the fruits of meditation?
5. How many years does it take for nuclear waste to become a flower?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Eucharist" Hanh refutes the Christian belief of salvation. Explore another Hanh teaching that contradicts Christianity.
Essay Topic 2
Family members need to understand one another before living in harmony can be possible. Using mindfulness as a blueprint, explain how siblings can come to terms with the belief that Mom or Dad favors or has an easier relationship with another sibling.
Essay Topic 3
In Hanh's anecdote about Buddha and the flower, only one monk had the courage to be himself. He was the only one who experienced the simple beauty of the flower and Buddha's smile. Discuss how being someone other than your true self can rob you of joy.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)