|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these dissolves anger?
2. According to Hanh's "Nourishing of Healthy Seeds", what are the two levels of consciousness?
3. What is the Buddhist term for understanding completely?
4. According to Hanh, what is the only tool useful in changing a situation?
5. Who used mindful living in Vietnam to act on the suffering of others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A familiar adage which refers to stress in an individual is all tied up in knots. Compare/contrast the adage with the Buddhist's concept of "internal formations.
Essay Topic 2
What is the analogy between departmentalization and going to church on Sundays?
Essay Topic 3
Hanh remarks that even the wealthiest can die of suffering. Apply his words to a wealthy country. How could the country cease to exist even though it had tremendous resources?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)