|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
2. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
3. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
4. What are the fruits of meditation?
5. How many years does it take for nuclear waste to become a flower?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Eucharist" Hanh refutes the Christian belief of salvation. Explore another Hanh teaching that contradicts Christianity.
Essay Topic 2
A familiar adage which refers to stress in an individual is all tied up in knots. Compare/contrast the adage with the Buddhist's concept of "internal formations.
Essay Topic 3
Explore three ways in which unnecessary driving is harmful. You must use one economic, one ecological, and one psychological example.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)