|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, which of the following are feelings that are experienced by humans during life?
2. According Hanh, if one item is removed from the universe, how many others will cease to exist?
3. Which group of people are "the light at the top of the candle" for interbeing?
4. How can one find peace and love when feeling angry?
5. According to Hanh's "Internal Formations", what forms within one's emotional consciousness as a result of anger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Parents" Hanh remarks on the subject of child abuse.
1) How are the seeds of abuse passed from generation to generation?
2) Is it logical that compassion for the parents who commit abuse will break the pattern? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In "Twenty-Four Brand-New Hours" Hanh compares a new day to a precious gift. Compare/contrast a precious gift and a new day.
Essay Topic 3
Using at least three everyday activities, explore how their intrinsic values could be discovered through mindful living. Use specific attributes of each activity in your discussion.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)