Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
2. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
3. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
4. What are the fruits of meditation?
5. How many years does it take for nuclear waste to become a flower?
Essay Topic 1
Hanh was nominated in 1967 by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for the Nobel Peace Prize. Research Dr. King's views on attaining world peace. Compare/contrast his views to Hanh's.
Essay Topic 2
Arnold Kotler, the editor of "Peace is Every Step", begins his introduction with a personal experience about living mindfully. Explore the impact Kotler's anecdote might have on a reader. Does Kotler's admission give more credibility to Hanh's teachings? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In "The River" Hanh shares an anecdote about a river who chases clouds. Explore the analogy between the river's behavior and an individual who continues to look for his/her identity in material things.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)