|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
(c) Conscious breathing.
2. What do positive seeds produce?
(a) Mindful living.
(b) Happy thoughts.
(d) More positive seeds.
3. In which river did the author wash his face?
(a) The Ohio River.
(b) The Charles River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Nile River.
4. What does Hanh consider to be one's "second heart"?
(a) The sun.
(b) One's mother.
(c) One's child.
(d) The universe.
5. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
(b) The suffering masses.
6. For whom should one feel compassion?
(a) Only those who are truly grateful.
(b) Those who suffer and those who cause us to suffer.
(c) Only those who suffer.
(d) Only those who do not cause us to suffer.
7. According to the chapter "The Roots of Anger", where does the source of anger usually reside?
(a) In the situation.
(b) Within oneself.
(c) In the universe.
(d) In negative thinking.
8. What seeds do most individuals focus on in their lives?
(a) Positive and negative seeds.
(b) No seeds.
(c) Negative seeds.
(d) Positive seeds.
9. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
(a) Anger loses its power.
(b) Anger changes to love.
(c) Anger changes to compassion.
(d) Anger changes to a solution.
10. In the story "Look into Your Hand", who told the young man to look at his hand?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
11. Which river, supposedly, contains enough chemicals to develop photographs?
(a) The Rhine River.
(b) The Nile River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Charles River.
12. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
(a) The ability to remove suffering from another person.
(b) Feeling the intensity of another's suffering.
(c) Offering to help in another's suffering.
(d) Understanding why another is suffering.
13. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
14. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
15. What can happen when one observes parents with compassion?
(a) One can understand the wrongs of the parents.
(b) One can avoid repeating the cycle.
(c) One can forgive them their wrongs.
(d) One finds joy and peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it more possible for one to sustain action for a worthy cause?
2. What must occur before one understands another person?
3. How can one find peace and love when feeling angry?
4. How many years does it take for nuclear waste to become a flower?
5. What should mindful living not do?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)