|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
(a) Self-esteem problems.
(b) Relationship problems.
(c) Health problems.
(d) Self-control problems.
2. What is the basis for real strength when one tries to make a change in the world?
(c) Deep inner peace.
3. According to Hanh, what can break the "cycle of transmission"?
(b) Wisdom of our elders.
(c) Intense therapy.
(d) Mindful living.
4. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
(a) Conscious breathing.
5. According Hanh, if one item is removed from the universe, how many others will cease to exist?
(a) One hundred thousand.
6. What seeds do most individuals focus on in their lives?
(a) No seeds.
(b) Positive and negative seeds.
(c) Negative seeds.
(d) Positive seeds.
7. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Examine the source.
(b) Nurture the anger.
(c) Breathe consciously.
(d) Observe mindfully.
8. What must be one's approach towards nature for survival?
9. What does Hanh consider to be one's "second heart"?
(a) The universe.
(b) The sun.
(c) One's mother.
(d) One's child.
10. According to Hanh, what are most individuals willing to find out about an issue?
(a) Their friends' stance on the issue.
(b) The solution to the problem.
(c) The villain who created the problem
(d) The source of the problem.
11. What is the result of compassion towards another who is suffering?
(a) Eternal gratitude.
(b) Love and peace.
(c) Joy and peace.
(d) Unconditional love.
12. Which river, supposedly, contains enough chemicals to develop photographs?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Nile River.
(c) The Charles River.
(d) The Rhine River.
13. What simple practice should one do when anger begins to rise?
14. What should mindful living not do?
(a) Try to cure all suffering.
(b) Blind one from seeing real problems in the world.
(c) Intrude on others' beliefs.
(d) Insulate one from all suffering.
15. What do negative feelings leave behind if they are not faced?
(a) Positive acceptance.
(b) Destructive feelings, thoughts, and behaviors.
(c) Relief, acceptance, and peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
2. What can be transformed into healthy energy by recognizing that it is part of oneself?
3. What happens when one is cut off from nature?
4. What connection is made to one's parents as one looks in a mirror?
5. What else must exist for wealth to be possible in the world?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)