Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
2. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
(a) The suffering masses.
3. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
(a) The mother.
(b) The reader.
(d) The crying child.
4. What are the fruits of meditation?
(a) Peace, joy, and clarity.
(b) Clarity, determination, and patience.
(c) Clarity, determination, and peace.
(d) Mindfulness, clarity, and patience.
5. How many years does it take for nuclear waste to become a flower?
(a) One quarter of a million.
(b) One million.
(c) Infinitely many.
(d) One half of a million.
6. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
(a) Anger changes to love.
(b) Anger changes to a solution.
(c) Anger loses its power.
(d) Anger changes to compassion.
7. Why is living in the present essential after experiencing negative feelings?
(a) Knots disappear.
(b) Knots can be identified as they form.
(c) Knots will dissipate the anger.
(d) Knots can help solve the issue.
8. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western cultures' treatment of parents?
(a) He is infuriated.
(b) He is tolerant.
(c) He is elated.
(d) He is saddened.
9. What becomes of a beautiful cut rose after it dies?
(a) It becomes garbage.
(b) It is forgotten.
(c) It is remembered for its fragrance.
(d) It is revived when placed in sunlight.
10. What makes it more possible for one to sustain action for a worthy cause?
(b) The ability to be flexible.
(c) Mindful living.
(d) The fruits of meditation.
11. According to Hanh, what can break the "cycle of transmission"?
(a) Intense therapy.
(c) Mindful living.
(d) Wisdom of our elders.
12. According to Hanh's "Look into Your Hand", what can be found in a single person?
(b) All things.
13. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
(c) Conscious breathing.
14. Which river, supposedly, contains enough chemicals to develop photographs?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Nile River.
(c) The Charles River.
(d) The Rhine River.
15. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Observe mindfully.
(b) Breathe consciously.
(c) Examine the source.
(d) Nurture the anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do large family units provide?
2. Why does looking into his own hand keep the man from feeling lonely?
3. What must be one's approach towards nature for survival?
4. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
5. What reason does Hanh give for the abuse of children at their own parents' hands?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)