|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(d) One's self.
2. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to eradicate the past.
(b) A chance to be happy now.
(c) A chance to be happy in the future.
(d) A chance to clear the mind.
3. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
(c) Real life.
4. What is the goal of meditation?
(a) Purification throughout the day.
(b) Purification during stressful times.
(c) Purification during meditation.
(d) Purification during meditation and throughout the day.
5. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Life's handbook for peace.
(b) Book of peace.
(c) Book of reminders.
(d) Joyful book art.
6. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
7. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(b) It creates instability.
(c) It creates fear.
(d) It creates confusion and loneliness.
8. Where is Gethsemani?
(a) New York City.
(b) New Delhi, India.
(c) Louisville, Kentucky.
9. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
10. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To maintain the car.
(b) To escape oneself.
(c) To enjoy nature.
(d) To quiet the bells.
11. What is mouth yoga?
12. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
(b) "Breathing out, I smile."
(c) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(d) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
13. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
(b) To ask a friend to read along, too.
(c) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
(d) To reflect on the past.
14. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In solitude.
(b) In church.
(d) In nature.
15. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
Short Answer Questions
1. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
2. According to Hanh, what items should be in a family meditation room?
3. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
4. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
5. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)