|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) In and out.
(b) Inhale and exhale.
(c) Peace and joy.
(d) Love and harmony.
2. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates instability.
(b) It creates fear.
(c) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(d) It creates loneliness and desperation.
3. What does Hanh compare to windows?
4. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Here and now.
(b) Today and the future.
(c) At birth.
(d) At death.
5. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) The sunshine.
(b) The rose.
(c) A chirping bird.
(d) A dandelion.
6. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
7. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To honor all bells.
(b) To enjoy bells.
(c) To listen to non-sounds.
(d) To pray when church bells ring.
8. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
(a) One finds hope.
(b) One gains available benefits.
(c) One gains a better attitude.
(d) One realizes benefits do not exist.
9. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
10. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
11. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
(a) Thich Nguyen.
(b) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(c) Nhat Hanh Nguyen.
(d) Thich Nhat Hanh.
12. What is the goal of meditation?
(a) Purification during meditation.
(b) Purification throughout the day.
(c) Purification during stressful times.
(d) Purification during meditation and throughout the day.
13. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Conscious living and breathing.
(b) Conscious breathing and meditating.
(c) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(d) Meditating and mindful living.
14. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
15. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In church.
(b) In solitude.
(c) In nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
2. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
3. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
4. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
5. What is Gethsemani?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)