|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Money, food, and shelter.
(b) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(c) Health, religion, and altruism.
(d) Love, compassion, and altruism.
2. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
(b) "Breathing out, I smile."
(c) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(d) "Breathing in, I am happy."
3. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Book of reminders.
(b) Joyful book art.
(c) Life's handbook for peace.
(d) Book of peace.
4. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To escape oneself.
(b) To enjoy nature.
(c) To quiet the bells.
(d) To maintain the car.
5. Where is Gethsemani?
(a) New York City.
(c) New Delhi, India.
(d) Louisville, Kentucky.
6. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As a panacea.
(b) An a sleep aid.
(c) As an escape from problems.
(d) As a health remedy.
7. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Car horn.
(b) Stop signs.
(c) Train tracks.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
8. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
9. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) Robert McNamara.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) Pope Paul VI.
(d) President Kennedy.
10. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
(a) For nourishment.
(b) For pleasure.
(c) To relax.
(d) To eat.
11. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) In nature.
(b) In the present moment.
(c) While driving.
(d) Within oneself.
12. Who smiles at Buddha?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(b) No one.
(c) The book's author.
13. What does Hanh compare to windows?
14. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
(b) Think about the destination.
(c) Listen to music.
(d) Sit back and smile.
15. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
(a) Two million.
(b) Three million.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Five million.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
2. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
3. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
4. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
5. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)