|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In church.
(c) In solitude.
(d) In nature.
2. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
3. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Left Bank.
(b) Sweet Pears.
(c) Sweet Potato.
(d) Le Casserole.
4. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
5. What does Hanh compare to windows?
6. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
7. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A Tibetan monk.
(b) A Catholic monk.
(c) A world leader.
(d) A social advocate.
8. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The ashante.
(b) The full sun.
(c) The full lotus.
(d) The half-lotus.
9. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A car horn.
(b) A yield sign.
(c) A speed limit sign.
(d) A red light.
10. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
(a) Enlightenment and peace.
(b) Love and joy.
(c) Joy and peace.
(d) Peace and respect.
11. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Book of reminders.
(b) Book of peace.
(c) Life's handbook for peace.
(d) Joyful book art.
12. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Smile and recite a mantra.
(b) Envision the person one is calling.
(c) Breathe consciously and pause.
(d) Breathe consciously and smile.
13. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Hatred and despair.
(b) Peace and joy.
(c) Love and friendship.
(d) Anxiety and sorrow.
14. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As a panacea.
(b) As a health remedy.
(c) As an escape from problems.
(d) An a sleep aid.
15. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(b) Meditating and mindful living.
(c) Conscious living and breathing.
(d) Conscious breathing and meditating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
3. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
4. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
5. Who/what is one never able to escape?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)