|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
(a) Thich Nguyen.
(b) Thich Nhat Hanh.
(c) Nhat Hanh Nguyen.
(d) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
2. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Le Casserole.
(b) Left Bank.
(c) Sweet Potato.
(d) Sweet Pears.
3. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
4. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
(d) Constant activity.
5. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
(a) Individual, family, world, community.
(b) Individual, family, community, world.
(c) Family, individual, community, world.
(d) World, community, family, individual.
6. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(d) Twenty-four hours.
7. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(b) Nature sounds.
(c) Dim lighting.
(d) A mantra.
8. Who smiles at the flower?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(d) Another monk.
9. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The full sun.
(b) The ashante.
(c) The half-lotus.
(d) The Phoenix.
10. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) University of Colorado.
(b) McGill University.
(c) University of California.
(d) Harvard University.
11. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Indifference to others.
(b) Lack of honesty.
(c) Self-centered thoughts.
(d) Rush of modern life.
12. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) While driving.
(b) In nature.
(c) In the present moment.
(d) Within oneself.
13. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To escape oneself.
(b) To enjoy nature.
(c) To maintain the car.
(d) To quiet the bells.
14. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
(b) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(d) The book's author.
15. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(b) Meditations and bells.
(c) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(d) Dirty dishes and bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
2. What is essential to productivity?
3. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
4. What is mouth yoga?
5. What kind of lighting should be in a family meditation room?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)