|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mouth yoga?
2. What is Gethsemani?
(a) A college.
(b) An isolated forest.
(c) A sacred rock.
(d) A monastery.
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Train tracks.
(b) Car horn.
(c) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(d) Stop signs.
4. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(b) Conscious breathing and meditating.
(c) Meditating and mindful living.
(d) Conscious living and breathing.
5. What is often forgotten when one approaches life with a constant goal in mind?
(a) Important relationships.
(c) Mindful living.
6. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Clear their throat.
(b) Count to ten.
(c) Recite a mantra.
7. What does Hanh compare to windows?
8. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In church.
(b) In nature.
(d) In solitude.
9. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
(a) Two million.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) Three million.
(d) Five million.
10. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Peace and happiness.
(b) Contentment and security.
(c) Love and health.
(d) Patience and kindness.
11. What is the goal of meditation?
(a) Purification during meditation.
(b) Purification throughout the day.
(c) Purification during stressful times.
(d) Purification during meditation and throughout the day.
12. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
(a) Conscious breathing.
(c) Respect for others.
13. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
14. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Smiling at others.
(b) Greeting others.
(c) Studying the classics.
(d) Practicing mindfulness.
15. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
(a) Peace and respect.
(b) Love and joy.
(c) Enlightenment and peace.
(d) Joy and peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who smiles at the flower?
2. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
3. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
4. Who smiles at Buddha?
5. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)