|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
2. What is mouth yoga?
3. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
(b) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(d) The book's author.
4. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(b) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(c) "Breathing out, I smile."
(d) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
5. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Studying the classics.
(b) Greeting others.
(c) Practicing mindfulness.
(d) Smiling at others.
6. Who smiles at Buddha?
(a) The book's author.
(b) No one.
(c) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
7. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
(a) His rest periods.
(b) His breathing.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) His voice.
8. What is often forgotten when one approaches life with a constant goal in mind?
(b) Important relationships.
(d) Mindful living.
9. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(b) Money, food, and shelter.
(c) Love, compassion, and altruism.
(d) Health, religion, and altruism.
10. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Conscious breathing.
(b) Thoughtful praying.
(c) Frequent reflecting.
(d) Selective speaking.
11. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
(a) Peace and respect.
(b) Joy and peace.
(c) Enlightenment and peace.
(d) Love and joy.
12. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
(d) Real life.
13. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His dedication to enlighten others.
(b) His academic journals.
(c) His contribution to the literary world.
(d) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
14. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
(a) The little Peace Corps.
(b) The School for Social Awareness.
(c) The Salvation Army.
15. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
(a) Martin Luther King.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) Richard Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
2. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
3. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
4. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
5. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)