|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Breathe consciously and pause.
(b) Breathe consciously and smile.
(c) Smile and recite a mantra.
(d) Envision the person one is calling.
2. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
(a) The red light causes the driver to think.
(b) The red light can cause accidents if drivers are not mindful.
(c) The car is polluting the environment while idling.
(d) The driver sees it as an obstacle to arriving.
3. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) Peace and joy.
(b) Inhale and exhale.
(c) In and out.
(d) Love and harmony.
4. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
5. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Here and now.
(b) At birth.
(c) At death.
(d) Today and the future.
6. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) In nature.
(b) While driving.
(c) In the present moment.
(d) Within oneself.
7. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Love and health.
(b) Peace and happiness.
(c) Patience and kindness.
(d) Contentment and security.
8. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
9. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) A peaceful heart.
(b) A loving heart.
(d) An awakened mind.
10. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
11. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Sit back and smile.
(b) Listen to music.
(c) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
(d) Think about the destination.
12. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
13. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Selective speaking.
(b) Frequent reflecting.
(c) Thoughtful praying.
(d) Conscious breathing.
14. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Dirty dishes and bells.
(b) Meditations and bells.
(c) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(d) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
15. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Le Casserole.
(b) Sweet Pears.
(c) Sweet Potato.
(d) Left Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
2. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
3. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
4. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
5. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)