|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Count to ten.
(b) Recite a mantra.
(c) Clear their throat.
2. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Creating personal wealth.
(b) Living mindfully.
(c) Accepting one's social status.
(d) Loving all people.
3. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) Nature sounds.
(b) A mantra.
(d) Dim lighting.
4. What does Hanh compare to windows?
5. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(b) Dirty dishes and bells.
(c) Meditations and bells.
(d) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
6. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Hatred and despair.
(b) Love and friendship.
(c) Anxiety and sorrow.
(d) Peace and joy.
7. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A speed limit sign.
(b) A red light.
(c) A car horn.
(d) A yield sign.
8. What is essential to productivity?
(a) Nimble body movements.
(b) Linking the mind and body.
(c) Quick thinking.
9. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
(b) His contribution to the literary world.
(c) His academic journals.
(d) His dedication to enlighten others.
10. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) Western China.
(b) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) New York City.
(d) Central Vietnam.
11. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To pray when church bells ring.
(b) To listen to non-sounds.
(c) To enjoy bells.
(d) To honor all bells.
12. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
13. What is often forgotten when one approaches life with a constant goal in mind?
(c) Mindful living.
(d) Important relationships.
14. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
(a) His breathing.
(b) His voice.
(c) His rest periods.
(d) His thoughts.
15. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
2. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
3. According to Hanh, what items should be in a family meditation room?
4. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
5. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)