|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
(a) Problems seem less worrisome.
(b) Selfish attitudes cease to exist.
(c) A positive attitude evolves.
(d) Life's present moment is more easily encountered.
2. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(b) Clean dishes and mindful living.
(c) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
(d) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
3. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
4. Who smiles at Buddha?
(a) No one.
(b) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(c) The book's author.
5. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
(a) His rest periods.
(b) His voice.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) His breathing.
6. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
7. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A red light.
(b) A yield sign.
(c) A speed limit sign.
(d) A car horn.
8. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To maintain the car.
(b) To escape oneself.
(c) To enjoy nature.
(d) To quiet the bells.
9. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Dirty dishes and bells.
(b) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(c) Meditations and bells.
(d) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
10. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
(a) For nourishment.
(b) For pleasure.
(c) To relax.
(d) To eat.
11. What does Hanh compare to windows?
12. What is mouth yoga?
13. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Studying the classics.
(b) Practicing mindfulness.
(c) Greeting others.
(d) Smiling at others.
14. According to Hanh, what items should be in a family meditation room?
(a) Cushions and a vase of flowers.
(b) Cushions and a bell.
(c) Cushions, a candle, and a bell.
(d) Cushions, a bell, and a vase of flowers.
15. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
2. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
3. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
4. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
5. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)