|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Think about the destination.
(c) Sit back and smile.
(d) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
2. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Creating personal wealth.
(b) Living mindfully.
(c) Loving all people.
(d) Accepting one's social status.
3. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(b) "Breathing out, I smile."
(c) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(d) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
4. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
5. What is mouth yoga?
6. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) A peaceful heart.
(b) A loving heart.
(d) An awakened mind.
7. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To honor all bells.
(b) To listen to non-sounds.
(c) To pray when church bells ring.
(d) To enjoy bells.
8. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) University of California.
(b) University of Colorado.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) McGill University.
9. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
(a) World, community, family, individual.
(b) Family, individual, community, world.
(c) Individual, family, community, world.
(d) Individual, family, world, community.
10. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A speed limit sign.
(b) A car horn.
(c) A yield sign.
(d) A red light.
11. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
12. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In nature.
(b) In church.
(c) In solitude.
13. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) In and out.
(b) Inhale and exhale.
(c) Peace and joy.
(d) Love and harmony.
14. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
(a) The Dalai Lama.
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) Richard Nixon.
15. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
(b) Constant activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
2. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
3. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
4. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
5. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)